Start by marking “Claiming Her Alien Warrior (Warriors of the Lathar, #2)” as Want to Read:
Claiming Her Alien Warrior (Warriors of the Lathar, #2)

Claiming Her Alien Warrior

(Warriors of the Lathar #2)

In a race against the clock, she must betray his trust to achieve her mission But fooling a Latharian warrior comes with a price.

A guest of the Lathar, Jane Allen hasnt forgotten what she is: a hard as nails marine major. Tasked with finding a way to beat the technologically advanced, biologically superior warrior race, she needs to find answers for her superiors before
Published September 29th 2015 by Blue Hedgehog Press

To ask other readers questions about Claiming Her Alien Warrior, please sign up.
Nidhi Bhatt Not really. These books can be read as standalones. This is one is free right now in Amazon. Go grab it!

Start your review of Claiming Her Alien Warrior (Warriors of the Lathar, #2)
Nicola
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it

description They were less little green men and more large, ripped, scarily-attractive alpha male warriors hot enough to make any red-blooded woman weak at the knees.

Why yes, I am partial to an alien and particular big hulking brutes who are more akin to Thor than Marvin. And when you combine said brute with a stubborn kick-arse woman, then you know youre in for some explosive action. Shall definitely be checking out more from Mina Carter.

description
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Both our leads are stubborn warriors. I liked their romance. Her heroine is in her 40's. I liked having a more mature/worldly woman in this installment. Theirs action, danger, suspense, and a little memory lost. The capability of these two alone and together was well done.

The romance is fiery. He's got to work hard to dig deep into Janes defenses and get her to let them go and see that they are meant for each other.

The only thing I didn't car for is that we don't get closer/resolution on Earth
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I liked that the female mc was a kickass soldier/warrior.
Just Josie
4,5 badass female warrior- stars.

Funny, badass, entertaining and captivating writing.

I really liked Jane.
She was such a strong character, and her alien hunk?

Super stubborn and totally alpha male material!
Such fun to read about.
The storyline was good, not overly exciting, but when you mix such two stubborn main characters in with the story, you sure are in for a ride.

Read: 21/08/2018
1st rating: 4 stars
Genre/sub-genres: Sci-fi/ romance/ aliens/action
Cover: 4 stars
Will I recommend: Yes,
Talltree
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Action packed sexy and sweet SFR between warrior alien H and kickass human h. h is reluctant at first but falls for the H by the end. 4 stars!
Hart's Reader Group
This book was so boring, I had to stop reading it at 30%. I just couldn't make myself care about the characters. The chemistry was non-existent, the background about the planets/technology/etc. were so poorly explained, I couldn't picture myself in the scenes.

The heroine, Jane, is freaking 43 years old! WTF! No, I don't have a problem with autumn romances, or whatever, but it's just weird to think about. The hero ages much slower, which means that by the time they've been together 15 years,
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Kaaryl K Vass a Latharian Warrior has wanted to mate with Major Jane Allen since his people captured the human women from the space station. Jane refused his attempts to mate with her. At times she downright embarrassed him in front of the other warriors. I like strong women who can defend themselves, but Jane was just "To Hard". She acted more Manly then Womanly. There is nothing feminine about her not even her looks. The story lost it romantic appeal and just didn't like Jane. I would have ...more
Cory
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mf-2017
Oops I didn't realize this was part of a series and I started with book 4 lol....oh well, I enjoyed it enough to read the first three
Jean Smith
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Chase them at arms reach until they catch you...

Good lord, I really love SyFy Romance. Who can resist bigger than life, technologically advanced aliens with a barbarian warrior superiority? Not me. Karryl KVass is the epitome of just such. Hes big and absolutely swoon-worthy even for a no nonsense, kick ass marine officer. Major Jane Allen has been doing everything she can to avoid falling for the big brute. Her only saving grace from being claimed is her pending divorce. If it werent for the
Monica
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So, the difference with this book is that it was released in one book instead of broken up. Considering its Mina Carter it doesn't matter which way because when she does serials she puts them out pretty quick. However, I did like that this was all in one book. I liked Jane and Karryl from Tarrick's books. I thought it was funny that he wanted a nice and meek woman who obeyed him. Ha. He so didn't get that! Jane is tough and she's an older woman and knows what she wants. She's totally independent ...more
Angela
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love Karryl! He is that bad assed man who knows it but, is not afraid to love and be loved. However, Jane is slightly constipated in this area which makes for some funny and interesting tension.

I dig this world and all the little details surrounding it. My only issue is that the subplot with the Humans and Jane's mission was not resolved and kind of dropped off halfway through the book. What happened? Even if it wasn't fully resolved some more information in this area would have been nice.

Jennifer Erwin
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the first 3 novellas in this series, and I really like how Ms. Carter just left this as one book (not a fan of serials). I really liked reading Jane's & Karryl's story. Can't wait for the next one.
Lesleya
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another fun sci-if rom romp with a kickass heroine and swoon worthy alpha alien hero. I continue to enjoy this diverting series. Total brain vacay.
Amelia
Claiming Her Alien Warrior is unintentionally funny, so bad it's almost good. Emphasis on the almost. Heavy on the:

- insta-love
- fated mating
- infantilisation of women as needing to be protected at all costs, even against their will
- shitty, domineering behaviour and IMHO, dubious consent (if consent is given based on a lie, then it is not consent)
- sanctimony (but I suppose a true warrior would rather lose than be even the most useless of spies)
- possessive rubbish
- penis size, as if being
Nidhi Bhatt
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Liked it!

I liked the story. But to be honest it was a freebie and so I bought it. Not interested in crazy stubborn female leads anymore...
Maura
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Space Cowgirl
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Karryl🐺🍆🌋 Happened!

Major Jane Allen💋 is involved in first contact with the alien warrior🐺🔫🔪 race known as the Lathar. She is in the middle of a divorce and although the Latharian Warriors🐺🔫🔪 are Ultra Hot, Ultra sexy, she is going to keep her distance. Jane's in her early 40s and she thinks she's too old to fall in 💘love again.

The Latharian Warriors🐺🔫🔪 attacked the base ship she was on and captured everyone on board easily. They made the human women all guests of the 👑King.

All of the Latharian
Jan
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jane is no solider to mess with. She was not going to be claimed as the Lathar wanted. But she does have her eye on Karryl. Karryl has been trying to break through Janes wall. As much as he pushes to get her to accept his claiming, she keeps him at arms length. Then he is sent on a mission and she is not going to be sitting at home waiting. NOPE! She stows away.

These two are the cat and mouse. Karryl (cat) trying to get Jane (mouse) to realize that they are mates. Jane fighting it tooth and
Kelly
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Karryl. OH, Karryl. You have it bad and you're really not choosing the best path to woo Jane to your side. I mean, you don't do terribly in the beginning, but she's a lady who has no problem holding her own against any man and she REALLY doesn't like being lied to when it happens.

Which is a teeny bit ironic because Jane's not telling all the truth either.

But let's ignore that for the moment and focus on the thrilling ride Karryl and Jane end up on. A crash, amnesia, sexy times in a very cold
L M
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series is improving with every book. Very unusually it is a stubborn heroine who is causing the problems and I loved the twist with Jane being married.
The women from earth who opted to stay with the Lathar are finding themselves the interest of the warriors who do not understand them at all.
Jane is still an enlisted soldier though and is put under orders to spy on the Lathar.
Earth, being stupid, plans to use nuclear weapons against the Lathar with no thought to the consequences as usual.
I
Jackie
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I didnt realize that this wasnt the first book in the series. This was written where it can be a stand-alone story. There are a few places where you can tell there was a previous story for some of the secondary characters, but does not affect the enjoyment of this book. The world building was good, the flow was good, & the characters were likable. Karryl was definitely a hot great alpha male hero type of character thats not afraid to show his emotional side with Jane. Jane is deffinitly ...more
Ronda
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yet again another hubba hubba!!!

I knew this pair were going to be a hoot! A love hate relationship in the beginning, but really their chemistry was off the charts! Two strong willed warriors; one an earthling, and the other a Lathar. I could feel the sexual tension between them bursting off the screen of my kindle, and just WOW when they came together!!! Loved this book, as well, as the first in this series. Humor, kick butt Earth women, HOT alien guys, passion, wild sex, and of course a match
Goddess of Chaos
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Lathar are irresistible

Karryl has known since the Lathar first encountered Jane that she was perfect for him... A female warrior who understood tactics and weapons he made it clear from the start he wanted to claim her. But Jane fears Karryl will be disappointed in her, if he gets to know her, so she struggles to keep a distance between them.

This quick read is a stand alone, done in one story. It interconnects with other books in the series, but having read Laarn's story (the next in the
Keoki Ki`Ili
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Never doubt a Marine

Our hero fell for our heroine when they overran the base she was stationed on. Now on the Lathar home planet our heroine is struggling with the mission given to her by Earth. When she smuggles aboard a ship our hero is on, then saves his life, she soon finds out how much that means to him. Hopefully, in future books we'll find out just how stupid Earth is trying to hide their ulterior motives.
Debbie Kilburn
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Little Soldier

Jane was pure marine, through and through. She had been all of her time, tough as nails. But when she saw Karryl, her heart did a flip flop. Darryl fell in love with Jane on site. He tried claiming her, a she refused. Then she showed away on his mission. He was mad, but she saved his ass. But they crashed into the side of a mountain and she lost her memory. So, guess what he did? Read the book! It is definitely an adult only book. The best kind!
namericanwordcat
Yea! A full length book! The heroine is a seasoned marine and isn't 20. I love her. I love this romance as the hero and the heroine become partners and respect, like, and have the hots for each other.

The world building is good. Very fun.
Mel
Rainbow_Unicorn
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
**Rainbow_Unicorn Reviews**

SPOILERS AHEAD

Jane is a tough as nails marine who is mega butch; there is a difference betweeen tomboy and butch, not really the type of h I like. Karryl is a Lathar warrior who has taken a liking to her and will stop at nothing to lay claim.

Only 1 problem, Jane is a spy for the humans and he knows it; well fuck! Jane pushes him away even though she wants more; it's an ongoing saga that gets old fast.

Karryl is sent on a mission and Jane sneaks onboard to try to get
Samm Lynn
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Major Jane Allen! Such a kick butt Marine and she really gave Karryl a crash course in dealing with human women. Karryl was really impressed with her fighting skills when he first saw her in book #1 and has wanted to claim her but Cat's deal gave the women the right to decline a claim three times. Now that the women have been recognized as descendants of a long lost Latharian colony and are protected by the Emperor, they now have the right to choose or decline whomever they want.

Jane is so,
Aurrora James
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Both were demoted

I didnt like this book anywhere as much as the first. Jane was too stiff and unbending. But the biggest problem is that the plot fell apart 2/3rds of the way through. As if the author forgot about their goals.

Janes superiors wanted alien secrets or they would arm nukes against them and Karryl had to discover why a communications hub was down. Without giving much away, neither achieved their goal and those goals magically disappeared. The only thing mentioned at the end of the
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Rebel and the Rogue (Interstellar Brides Program #19)
  • Seized (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #2)
  • Bound (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #6)
  • Tamed (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #1)
  • Dragon Her Feet (Honey and Fur, #2; Council of Black Dragons, #1)
  • Craved (Tribute Brides of the Drexian Warriors #7)
  • Trinity; Part 2 (Interstellar Brides; Ascension Saga, #0.2)
  • The Monarch's Mate (House Of Kaimar, #2)
  • Forbidden (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #5)
  • Aton (Dakonian Alien Mail Order Brides #2; Intergalactic Dating Agency #55)
  • Jingled (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #6.5)
  • Trinity; Part 1 (Interstellar Brides; Ascension Saga, #0.1)
  • The Commander's Captive (House Of Kaimar, #1)
  • Thade (Vaxxlian Alien Mail Order Brides #3 / Intergalactic Dating Agency)
  • Craving the Cyborg (Renegade Cyborgs #1)
  • Chosen By A Beast (Hearts Of Stone, #1)
  • Rohn (Warriors of Sangrin, #7)
  • Darak (Dakonian Alien Mail Order Brides #1; Intergalactic Dating Agency #51)
Mina was born and raised in the East Farthing of Middle Earth (otherwise known as the Midlands, England) and spend her childhood learning all the sorts of things generally required of a professional adventurer. Able to ride, box, shoot, make and read maps, make chainmail and use a broadsword (with varying degrees of efficiency) she was disgusted to find that adventuring is not considered a ...more

Warriors of the Lathar (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Tarrick (Warriors of the Lathar, #1)
  • Pregnant by the Alien Healer (Warriors of the Lathar, #3)
  • Alien Healer’s Baby (Warriors of the Lathar, #4)
  • Adored by the Alien Assassin (Warriors of the Lathar, #5)
  • Alien Commander's Mate (Warriors of the Lathar, #6)
  • Bonded To The Alien Centurion (Warriors of the Lathar, #7)
  • Hitched to the Alien General (Warriors of the Lathar, #8)
  • Alien Warrior's Secret (Warriors of the Lathar, #9)
  • Alien Surgeon’s Seduction (Warriors of the Lathar, #10)
  • Rescued by her Alien Protector (Warriors of the Lathar #11)