Start by marking “Live-in with a Ghost” as Want to Read:
Live-in with a Ghost

Read Book

Live-in with a Ghost

Jia & Jai have a unique love story where she is human and he is a ghost. They meet during an out-of-body experience after an accident. Although from different worlds, she is simple middle-class journalist and he is a rich playboy, they fall in love instantly. During the adventure of their relation they both go through various exciting events which include tears, laughter, ...more
Paperback, First, 150 pages
Published September 30th 2015 by Half Baked Beans

To ask other readers questions about Live-in with a Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Live-in with a Ghost

Start your review of Live-in with a Ghost
Archit
Jul 12, 2016 rated it liked it

Won this in the official Giveaway. I thank Kritika Sharma for a copy

And a copy it was. Half Baked Beans have done a great job with this books' design. It is really nice to hold and the smoothness is something I can't write but exclude at the same time from my review.

You may think I am crazy, but I do judge the books cover art and there handiness! In terms of that, top 5 covers I have felt this year.

Coming to the story. Well, a bit more about the design first.

When I won this, I read the blurb and
Quirky Omega
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indian, romance
Was I surprised?
very

Do I recommend it?
You Betcha!

I distrust modern Indian authors. And I am definitely being a hole "where the sun don't shine".

And I am changing my tune.

This one is an original enough storyline, cute characters and plot and good writing.
I am so happy with this one!!
Vinay Leo
Dec 19, 2015 rated it liked it
I’m fond of ghost stories. A ghostly romance reminded me of a movie in Malayalam, and I was intrigued by the plot. It was when I was discussing with another book lover that I came to know there was a movie with a similar plot in English and in Hindi as well. It made me wonder if the book flowed in a similar way.

Kritika Sharma makes her debut with this book, “Live-in with a Ghost”. Jia wakes up in a hospital one night, and wanders around the empty halls, where she runs into Jai who is surprised t
Karushma Kapoor
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book and its characters...
The story line is different, not like regular everyday romance you read... Found it relatively fresh and entertaining... :)
Ramya
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know right from the beginning such a relationship might have interesting complications but still not gonna lie, I want a ghost boyfriend that only I can see him. If he gets annoying I'll exorcise him but only temporarily!
I mean really, who gets to have a handsome, funny, hot ghost boy as a bf?
Pros: He will be there whenever you need him, walls and miles don't count!
Gonna keep an eye out for the next part, Cliffhanger sucks!
Sona Agarwal
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
My friend recommended the book considering her sister wrote it.
Simply loved it. The way it is written is simple and understandable.
The command on English grammar is good and characters are beautifully woven.

Honestly I fell in love with Jai... I wish I could have a guy like him
J. Alchem
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Live in with the ghost is a story of Jia and Jai. Yes, alphabets interchanged like they are their own. One has a body and other does not have it (Ghost). Once they both did not have it and once they will both again have it. Confused? Okay! Let me simplify it, 'Live in with the Ghost' is a story of Jia who met an accident and fell into a coma. She met Jai, who is also in a coma because of an accident. They meet and start having good moments together when Jia got out of her comma leaving Jai behin ...more
Purba Chakraborty
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy-2015
My rating is 3.75

There are some books that can take you to a totally different world. You find a way to escape from your problems and chores whenever you bury your nose in such books. Well, Live-in with a Ghost is one such book that can provide you a delightful mini-break. Recommended to anyone who wants to read a light-hearted, unique romance novel!

Let me tell in the beginning that this book is not exactly a ghost story. So don't expect any amount of horror or spine-chilling thrill in it. That
Anmol
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting and different book.
Enjoyed reading it... addictive as well
 Book Reviews  & Promotion
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The story is different and i like the writing style,
What i like about the book is -
simple language and the narration is lucid.
concept is unique
Jia, a journalist by profession,goes into coma probably. and is just one step before

death.

The story has two main characters and the story revolves around them.
“Jia and Jai! It looks like our names are shuffled for each other

Jai was there in the hospital from Three months
He meet with Car crash and have been in a coma since then.

Jai is shown here as a ki
Kriti Kriti
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
a very simple romantic story...
Brilliantly written and narrated. Fell in love with Jai specifically :)
Vipul Gupta
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very light read and very enjoyable...
Finished it in one go and would recommend it everyone...
5 stars
Rajat Sharma
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Simply loved it...
John  Trident
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Live-in with a ghost

Cover : 2.5/5
Cover design needs to be improved. Doesn't match with the story overall. Gives a romantic depiction whereas the title gives a spooky one.

Title : 3.5/5
The title is justified with the story. But the suspence part can incorporate the title into something else.

Theme : 3/5
What if you woke up one day and found yourself in coma. The events which happen and how a person who helps you recover from it matters a lot.

Story : 2.5/5
Live in with the ghost is a story of Jia and
Stuti Chowdhury
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jia loves Jai.. but what does Jai want. Her, yet he cannot be with her. How strange… A beautiful tale of love and passion. Though passion is a small aspect, I liked every bit of it. A must read for anyone who wants to do a light sweet love reading.
Vrushali Pathak
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
My review

For those non-Indians who don’t know, in India a slight swap in the spelling of a name can alter the gender like in this novel Jia is the girl and Jai is the boy. Funny huh?
This is a really short novel, a 150 pages and very fast. The author doesn’t believe in too much character building and she goes with the story. And yet I didn’t hate it. Sometimes it’s good to read a fast-paced book concentrating on the story more than the characters.

Characters

As I said the characters were not fully
Divya Agrawal
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: completed
Title is what interested me to read then the cover. I really liked it.

Now if we talk about the plot it was nothing new for me as a wattpader. Still I pretty much liked it.
It is a novella that's why a little fast paced. I was hoping to see more from the ending as it is...just a happy ending. Like how after Jai woke up he didn't question to Jia about her story and they just happened.

Though there are some key features too to the story. Like how it had it's hilarious dialogues- mainly of Jai. And
findingnimi
Nov 17, 2015 rated it liked it
The best part about the book is It is unique. The idea of live in with a ghost in itself is a great and interesting topic to read. The character Jai and Jia are amazing, their love for each other was cutely expressed. How she fell for a casanova and how Jai turns out to be a true lover has been written so beautifully . You just cant rest until you are done with the book. I really loved it . Recommended for people who are fond of love stories
Kanaka Rawat
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Simply awesome...
Very interesting plot
Kudos for thinking & writing something like this
Chandrima
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I won this book in giveway of goodreads .. its been more than 4weeks still i havent received the book...I would have loved to read this.. still waiting .. when will I get this book?
Kris Iyer
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had not heard of this book and just happened to chance by it, and I do wish I had heard of the book and the author earlier. It was a breezy romance and the premise was unique. A few pages into the book, I almost groaned as I thought this was a "lift" from a movie that I had seen a few years ago - but it turned out to be nothing like that. It was such a different perspective and a fresh plot. In my view, the book is totally from the female protagonist POV, so readers who like this style of stor ...more
Sid
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
A very different and very beautifully presented story. This is story of Jia and Jai. Jia is a journalist and Jai is a rich playboy. The introduction of the lead roles in the story was the strangest ever I have read. Jai and Jia happen to meet and both are impressed with each other right away.
As they both start understanding each other, Jai -Jia fall in love with each other. Jai confesses his doing yet promises Jia that she will be "the girl" in his life. He in-fact saves Jia and her friend from
Shunya M
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even when nothing goes in the right direction, love always finds a way…!

Love story at the Fourth Dimension..

Jia and Jai two opposite poles. Jia a serious journalist and Jai a rich spoiled brat. Two such people cross eachother paths when they are hospitalised after an accident. What starts as a surprise become friendship, but suddenly it's scary, then friendship again what slowly turns to true love..!
But is this correct..?
What happens to Jia?
What happens to Jai?
Will the true love survive?
To know
Moumita
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I ran through the book because of the old school love story genre of the book.
It was a quick read and honestly speaking most part of it was predictable.. the ending is left to imagination but I would have wanted it to have a happy ending.
Writing style is nice and easy... The chemistry created is something of a Dreamland... Unrealistic at some points ... But then love is deciphered in different ways and is always a amusing bubble...
Aiman Arfi
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well the title is intriguing and very different. Plus the cover is also very attractive, I would have liked more if the cover was more metallic and shiny, instead of plain, anyway, leaving cover aside, the story is amazing.

Simply loved it. The way it is written is simple and understandable.

The command on English grammar is good and characters are beautifully woven.
Aman Farooqui
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why such an abrupt ending?

Story is nice. Characters are good, especially of Jia. I loved her.

It is clear they are meant for each other.

Overall the pace of the book was fine, but except in the end… why such an abrupt ending? Author should have written more… give more details. How Jai woke up… what happened… so many unanswered questions.

I seriously didn’t like the end!
Vasu Gupta
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting one. I really loved the concept of love between a ghost (coma stage) and a girl, it is not known or heard of. The way of writing is awesome. I really liked it. Thank you for such a wonderful book
Sanju N
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Interesting one ☝️. Loved the concept of love between a ghost(coma stage) and a girl. Way of writing is awesome. I really liked it. Thank you for such a wonderful book.
Priya Srinivasan
Jan 07, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Marriage of Anything But Convenience (The Billionaire Club #1)
  • Look But Don't Touch
  • The Floundering Author
  • Unsuitable Husband
  • Wild Love: (Wild Hearts Series, Book Two)
  • Love Unexpected
  • Kailash Dwara : Doorway to Bhuloka
  • BhagyaSree
  • Marriage Jitters (Accidental Marriage Series Book 1)
  • Durga Writes to her father
  • I Wish I Had Not Married My Love
  • The Patriots' Legacy: Forbidden Treasure
  • Maiden Tales
  • The Missed Beat
Kritika Sharma is an author, blogger and Associate Director in Nielsen, India. She is a woman of passion and spirit who believes in possibilities and loves to challenge her own limits by learning something new every day. She has been writing ever since she held a pencil. Writing refreshes her and energises her.
The Slut Chronicles: Betrayed is her fifth book. Previously she has traditionally publis

News & Interviews