Start by marking “Hollie Porter Builds a Raft” as Want to Read:
Hollie Porter Builds a Raft

Hollie Porter Builds a Raft

(Revelation Cove #2)

raft (noun): when two or more otters rest together,
often holding hands, so they dont drift apart

Hollie Porter has put her old gig as a 911 operator and sad single girl in an attic-bound box, right where it belongs. Shes rebounded nicely from her run-in with Chloe the Cougar in the wilds of British Columbia, and this new life alongside concierge-in-shining-armor Ryan
Published October 1st 2015 by West 26th Street Press (first published September 18th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Hollie Porter Builds a Raft, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hollie Porter Builds a Raft

Start your review of Hollie Porter Builds a Raft
Christy LoveOfBooks
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, read-in-2016

Hollie Porter Builds a Raft is so stinkin cute! Must Love Otters was one of my top reads of 2013, so Im ashamed that it took me this long to read the sequel. It was so good, and Im not surprised that its all kinds of adorable and full of laughs! Its exactly what I needed, and now I feel like doodling hearts everywhere. :D

Its been a year since the events of the last book and life is great for Hollie. Shes in love, living in a beautiful place, and gets to work in nature with wildlife. Certainly a
Ian
Hollie and Ryan have been together for a year and their relationship is moving right along. But when he pops the question, far from being the happy ending and off into the sunset, Hollie finds herself assailed with doubts.

Making matters worse, her absentee mother has shown up for the wedding and it's possible she's on the run; her ex-boyfriend is making sure everyone in the state sees a clip of her throwing up; her father's psychopathic goat still has it in for her; and even the Canadian
DJ Sakata
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

Her eyes were hopeful, despite the smear of black and blue cosmetics that make her look like shes been assaulted by Crayolas on a bender.

The harnessed power of this mans smile could bring an end to our reliance on fossil fuels.

But what if I dont want to reproduce at all? Why is that everyone expects that as soon as you get married, youll start squeezing out mutant life forms?

I sneak into the lingerie section to find a little something for Ryan for the wedding night. No saggy,
GraceMyBookSnack
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-galley
Review posted on My Book Snack

5 Stars ~ A MUST READ for Must Love Otters fans!

If you adored Must Love Otters, you need to see what happens in the sequel. Hollie Porter Builds a Raft had more of everything I loved in Must Love Otters. Hollie gets into more quirky situations. Hollie and Ryan are blissfully in love in Revelation Cove, and theyre ready to take the next step in their lives as a couple. Things hardly go perfect for Hollieever! In addition to a series of mishaps that only Hollie Porter
Megan
Please see my full review with Lustful Literature but for now know that I adore this series and the author for giving me exactly what I asked for. Even after Ive finished Hollie and Ryans sequel I have the same request- MORE. I wont ever have enough of the crazy Hollie Porter and her love for otters and Concierge Ryan. Along with riding the wave as they follow the next steps in their relationship I fell harder for these two.

It was rib-tickling funny. From little Melody telling about her parents
Holly
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, netgalley
*2.5 stars

When I read the first book, Must Love Otters, I really enjoyed it till the cougar incident. This book had its funny moments just like the previous one but at the same time, I felt there were too many mishaps. Hollie is an accident waiting to happen, which apparently she gets from her mother. She's always finding herself in awkward or klutzy situations. Which can be funny or it can get old fast. That's how I found myself through this book. Beginning: I was liking it and chuckling.
Mehsi
Hollie and Ryan are back! They have been together for a year now (which we sadly didn't see). This time there is lots of swooning, annoying moms, and a wedding! Oh and otters, of course there are otters.

I just finished book 1 and I just had to continue with book 2 (which I started as first as there was no mention anywhere this was book 2). I left at the good part (the proposal) so I was dying to continue reading this one and see how it would end up (hopefully no puking this time).

And it was just
Magpie67
Loved every second of this hysterical romp in the lives of Hollie Porter, Ryan, his family, the resort, her father and drum roll..... her long lost mother who left when she was a baby. What a hoot!!! I enjoyed jumping back into Hollie's life from book one: Must Love Otters. This series ( I hope there is another one in the future) rates up there with Stephanie Plum's books and Bobbie Faye's books. Not to mention... I needed a great belly laugh with a few Kleenex moments to cleanse my reading ...more
Tamara
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

After waiting so long to read Must Love Otters, I wasnt making that same mistake again with Hollie Porter Builds a Raft, I started immediately after finishing MLO, and I was more than happy to stay in the world of Ryan, Hollie and the others for a little while longer.

HPBaR picks up one year later, and Hollie has given her old life the flick and is enjoying life at the resort with Ryan, she even has a job that allows her to spend time teaching the younger generation about her beloved
Hildy
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this even a bit more than the first book. I think it's because I really enjoyed my time with Hollie and her man. Hollie is hilarious and her hockey player and her dad are two of the most likeable nice guys I've read about. They give me hope for fictional men, who just seem to be getting worse, imo. Even though I enjoy some sexy times in Romance books, I'm amazed when an author can make their stories sexy without all of the details. She gets it perfect in this book. Lucy almost knocked ...more
Lj Ducharme
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this sequel to "Must Love Otters". Ms. Gordon wrote living breathing believable characters. You WANT to know how Hollie and Ryan's journey continues and you buckle in for this fun rom-com ride. You even meet characters you'll love and hate (in all the right ways). This was a fun read. You won't regret it.
Kim Howard
Hollie Porter Builds A Raft is the sequel to Must Love Otters. This story takes place a year after Otters ends. We continue with the story of Hollie and Concierge Ryan and the next step in their relationship.

I think I enjoyed the sequel more than the first book. I'm a sucker for romantic comedies. This was sweet, fun and the perfect dessert for escaping a stressful day. Well recommended!
A Book Vacation
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full review to come:

This novel is an amazing sequel to Must Love Otters. I laughed so hard and loved every minute of it. Gordon does a phenomenal job keeping the story interesting and light while still dealing with some heavy topics concerning what makes a family, and I am hoping so very much that there will be a third in the series. Seriously, READ THIS STAT!
Zunaira Ghazal
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awww, spunky-heroin
This is the third book by Eliza Gordon that I've actually read and I kind of see a pattern here:

1. She always writes weird/crazt/batsh!t Mom characters.
2. She always incorporates fun nature/animal facts in the narrative.
3. There's always at least one 'demon animal' in her 'verse.

But no matter. I did like this second book more than the first. The scenes with Mangala the Demon Goat are always my favorites, and maybe I kinda want more of them? What? Well.

I especially like how Lucy's character was
Lustful Literature
**MEGAN'S REVIEW**

Its our raft, Porter. We can do whatever we want. We just have to float together.

I love the feeling after finishing a book Ive wished for and hoped for! So many of us asked for more and we got it. I was absolutely thrilled diving into Hollie and Concierge Ryans sequel!! It was an answered prayer!

The world of Hollie and Ryan (& the never forgotten otters) fell into my lap by chance and its one book that I remember every detail anytime the name is mentioned or when I see
Teri Beth
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-netgally
ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley

I adored Must Love Otters so I couldn't wait to read Hollie Porter Builds a Raft and of course, it did not disappoint. I loved it! It was highly entertaining even though it gave me serious anxiety. Crazy mishaps and over the top trouble seems to follow Hollie around and in this book there's something around every corner. Is it all a little overdone? Sure, but that's what makes Hollie's story so endearing. This book brought a smile to my face and gave me all
Darcy
Jul 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, romance, 2015
This one is filled with more zaniness that filled the first book. I can see why Hollie found reservation after reservation, but loved how Ryan batted each of them down. Nothing was a problem for him, just an obstacle to work past. The ending was perfect for them and showed how Ryan totally knew Hollie and what was perfect for them both.
Lady Heather
....the continuing story of Holly and Ryan from
Must Love Otters
MB (What she read)
3.5 stars. A nice sequel to "Must Love Otters". Hollie's comedy of errors continues. Too much drinking as per usual, but they are all nice people who (mostly) love and care for each other. The humor is great, the Canadian setting interesting, and fiascos w/wildlife abound once again. I enjoyed this and will seek out more by this author.

Cover Art: Bland and does not reflect the quirky humor of the book. A good graphic designer could have done so much with that (view spoiler)
Kendall Grey
I love everything Eliza Gordon writes. This sequel to MUST LOVE OTTERS was a fun comedy of errors, much like its predecessor. Just enough snark to keep me giggling and wondering, "How the hell will Hollie get out of THIS one?"
JoAnne
I LOVE Hollie Porter! I cannot wait for the next installment in her life.
Fernanda Bomtempo-Marzo
So Good!!! Book is hilarious!
Shannon
4.5*

Such a fun follow-up to Must Love Otters! I loved being back on the island with Hollie and Concierge Ryan, these 2 are just so cute. As they prepare for their wedding there are lots of obstacles to overcome, least of all Hollie's mother, who she hasn't seen in years. Add in an ex, a broken arm, a baby to be delivered, and a hungry goat, and Hollie and Ryan have their hands more than full as they try to pull off a wedding in 3 weeks. And that means we get all the laughs!

***Borrowed through
Janet L
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the sequel to Must Love Otters, which I loved, and I totally enjoyed this one too! I am not a fast reader but finished this in less than a week (may be a record for me) because I can totally relate to a woman whose life is anything but a smooth ride but who is caring and passionate about the things and people she cares about, and who doesn't want to imagine life with a man as loving and patient and perfect as her man. This book was a pleasure to read!
Julia
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who knew otters were so interesting?

I bought this immediately after finishing "Must Love Otters". It was the 1st book I've read by this duo. I love both of these books! They were so well written. My attention was held from start to finish. I haven't laughed so hard while reading a book in forever. I teared up, as well. Thank you for these great stories!
Sarah Austin
Good Lord these otter books are fun. Hollie and Ryan are getting married after a second proposal (she barfed all over him the first time). Hollie's wayward mom shows up and fires and babies and baby otters ensue. I'm not sure I loved this one as much as the first (I wish there was more Ryan) but I did love it. 4.5 stars.
Sharon
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

So first off you must start with Must Love Otters. Both books are no stop funny. I was laughing out loud more times than I can count. Great story, great characters and so much romantic humor.
Nicole
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
This sequel did not disappoint. I fell in love with Hollie and Ryan even more and the secondary characters as well. Even Lucy Collins grew on me. Eliza Gordon should write more books with these two, like one with Hollie pregnant. Think of all the trouble she could get into.
Ally Thompson
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my god! I need there to be a third book! Eliza Gordon can do no wrong!
Michelle
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book

Hollie Porter and Ryan are an amazing couple. I love their antics. I pray there is another book!! This series is a winner!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Lulu's Cafe
  • Love and Other Mistakes
  • Sleight
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
  • Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0)
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • The Awkward Path to Getting Lucky
  • Anatomy of a Player (Taking Shots, #2)
  • Chaser (Bad Habits, #2)
  • Love Lettering
  • Parental Guidance (Ice Knights, #1)
  • Muffin Top (The Hartigans, #2)
  • Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6)
  • Dr. Strange Beard (Winston Brothers, #5)
  • The Schemer (Harbor City, #3)
A native of Portland, Oregon, Eliza Gordon (a.k.a. Jennifer Sommersby) has lived up and down the West Coast of the United States. Since 2002, home has been a suburb of Vancouver, British Columbia.

When not lost in a writing project, Eliza is a copy editor, mom, wife, bibliophile, Superman freak, and the proud parent of one very spoiled tuxedo cat. Eliza writes stories to help you believe in the

Revelation Cove (3 books)
  • Must Love Otters (Revelation Cove #1)
  • F-Stop (Revelation Cove #3)