Start by marking “Take Me If You Can (ARTemis, Inc. #1)” as Want to Read:
Take Me If You Can (ARTemis, Inc. #1)

Take Me If You Can

(ARTemis, Inc. #1)

For art recovery agent Avy Hunt, no task is too risky when it comes to rescuing stolen treasures. Her latest mission is to locate the multimillion-dollar Sword of Alexander, believed to be in the possession of master thief Sir Liam James. But there is far more to this heist than meets the eye, and what Avy doesn’t know can definitely hurt her.

In hot pursuit of the sword, A
Published April 1st 2008 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Take Me If You Can, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take Me If You Can

Start your review of Take Me If You Can (ARTemis, Inc. #1)
AliciaJ
Mar 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Avy is the co-owner of ARTemis, an art recovery firm. Liam is a retired art thief. The story is charming and fun, but don't expect true suspense. This is a lighthearted romp and doesn't pretend to be anything else.
Julie (jjmachshev)
May 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008-reads
A good contemporary romance with the added spice of theivery. I found this book reminiscent of Suzanne Enoch's 'Samantha Jellicoe' series about a female cat burglar trying to go straight. This time the art thief is a Brit named Liam and he's pretty freaking yummy! On the side of law and order (kinda) we have Avy. Avy is a repo woman who works for ARTemis, Inc stealing back fine art for its rightful owners. Avy is at the top of her game when she's assigned a case that brings her into contact with ...more
Teresa
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very fun, very light, very quick read. Exactly the kind of trash I love to read to give my brain a break or get me out of a reading slump (like right now.) I'll definitely be checking out more books from this series.
LaFleurBleue
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
After struggling through most of it, I finally came through.
I did not really like the heroine, whom I considered a self-righteous fake free-spirit. Nor did I like the hero at all (view spoiler)
Lissa
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fresh-fiction
Reviewed by Lissa Staley
Posted March 16, 2008

Romance Suspense

Avy Hunt steals art for a living. Actually, insurance companies hire her to return stolen art to the rightful owners, so she feels justified in her actions. Her art recovery company, ARTemis, operates internationally, and Avy frequently assumes disguises, often sexy ones, to gain access to the black market goods she must retrieve.

Liam James steals art, but he either keeps it for himself or sells it for a tidy profit. When Avy is ass
Donna Liberman
Jan 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm not the authority on romance novels, but I have to say this one certainly kept my interest. Kendall has a way of combining humor, action, sensuality, and wit within the plot to keep the reader burning through the pages. Her male protagonist, Liam, is spot-on and delicious! Too bad he's fictional.:-) Avy is smart, strong, and conflicted--everything that makes a heroine interesting. Because I liked this book so much, I read the two that follow in this series, and was equally impressed. Fast-pa ...more
Shawna
2 stars - Romantic Suspense

I had high expectations for this after reading a lot of positive reviews, but I was rather disappointed. The lead male character thief Sir Liam is charming and sexy and there is some funny dialogue, but the heroine Avy got on my last nerves and the story's pace is far too slow. It just didn't capture or hold my interest as much as I like in a romantic suspense read.

Sally Kilpatrick
Fun. This book is simply fun. It's Thomas Crown meets James Bond with plenty of humor and chemistry between art recovery agent Avy and thief extraordinaire, Liam. As always, Kendall has well drawn, smart characters and well written dialogue. Even better the art recovery plot was unique, a refreshing change to typical contemporary.
Carolyn
Jan 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Laugh out loud funny, with a ballsy heroine who has a gift for revenge. Yum.
Liz
Jun 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wanted to maim Liam the whole time. cute story.
Lychee
Nov 22, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Enjoyed the depiction of an adventurous heroine -- funny how I almost find more of this in romance novels (especially these days) than I do in other literature. Why is that?
Kevin Connery
Oct 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
The similarities to Charlie’s Angels can’t be overstated, but it was a decent read, with nice pacing, and, enjoyable, if utterly unbelievable, plotting.
May 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
Just adored this book. Very catchy character and a quick read. I would recommend it to anyone!
Jodotha
Aug 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, used-to-own
Very enjoyable.
TJ
Jun 30, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery
trying to desparately remember why i wanted to read this book or thought it might be a good book to read. Finaly gave up and came to terms with the fact that I wasted a good $5. Oh well.
Katie
Dec 04, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-08
It was a good book. A lot of "love" as a pet name which made me think he was a huge player. However, I enjoyed this book.
L
May 19, 2011
Heidi Klatt
Nov 29, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Anne Rice's The Tale of the Body Thief (A Graphic Novel)
  • Are You There God? It's Me Margaret / Then Again, Maybe I Won't / Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great / Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing / Blubber
  • The Prince of Frogs (Night's Rose #2)
  • Judgement of Souls
  • The Witches' Companion
  • Surrender
  • Belinda
  • Queen Elizabeth's Daughter: A Novel of Elizabeth I
  • Sleeping Beauty Trilogy (Sleeping Beauty, #1-3)
  • What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?
  • Blubber
  • Beezus and Ramona (Ramona, #1)
  • Dollanganger Boxed Set: Flowers in the Attic / If There Be Thorns / Petals on the Wind / Seeds of Yesterday / Garden of Shadows(Dollanganger, prequel-4
  • Devil's Pact (The Devil's Playground #1)
Karen Kendall is the author of many disasters and nine romantic comedies. She grew up in Austin, Texas, and credits her early interest in writing to several teachers and her mother, a professor of comparative literature.

A graduate of Smith College, Karen studied the mysteries of modern and contemporary art before enrolling in a masters program in Museum Education, with the aim of teaching children

ARTemis, Inc. (3 books)
  • Take Me Two Times (ARTemis, Inc. #2)
  • Take Me for a Ride (ARTemis, Inc. #3)