Start by marking “How To Worship Jesus Christ” as Want to Read:
How To Worship Jesus Christ

How To Worship Jesus Christ

Can a normal person enter the presence of Christ or is that something that only happened for biblical characters? Maybe that question leads you to ask "What does it even mean to be in Jesus' presence?" In How to Worship Jesus Christ, Joseph Carroll explains what it means to enter Christ's presence and that it is something available to every Christian - through true worship.
Published June 9th 1991 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about How To Worship Jesus Christ, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How To Worship Jesus Christ

Davina
(3.5)
Like many other christian books from this time period, "How to worship Jesus Christ" centers around giving your all to Jesus. The bigger part of this book deals with the necessity of consecrating ones' heart fully to Christ, which is the basis for Worship. Only the last twenty or thirty pages really talk about tips how to worship. To be honest, I expected something different and think that the message of this book would have also come across with lesser words, but I can't exactly say
Ryan Weaver
Sep 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone interested in a growing prayer life
Recommended to Ryan by: Dr. Thrasher
This short book on worship is deep. Carroll doesn't waste much time debating or defining worship. He doesn't detail how to worship in a step by step process. Instead, he inspires. The definition and process becomes evident through the book's discussion. That's the beauty of the book. Admittedly, Carroll does spend some on the "how" in the last chapter that goes into some practical principles that either encourage or hinder worship. Those who think of worship as what we do before and after the Su ...more
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Highly recommended!!! This honestly might be the best book I have read yet. Joseph S. Carroll has written a short, but helpful book on what worship is and how we are to worship God. I love how often he wrote about other believers who lived a life of true worship. I love when he wrote about several Christians who were preachers and learned what it meant to fully surrender oneself to God and worship Him with their whole being , from others they just met. This 90 page book is so good and every Chri ...more
Becki
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Simple, true, and inspiring. If you want to grow as a worshiper of Jesus Christ, you'll like this book.

Here's a quote I like from the book: "As we learn to give ourselves to the worship of our Lord, He can be nearer and more real to us than our best friend or closest loved one."

And here's another one: "It is not a matter of saying, 'I see this truth, and I do want to be a worshiper.' No, for we are not what we wish to be or want to be, but what we will to be. You must therefore set
Preston
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A book that launched me deep into the life of Christ.
Joy Hagerman
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
Absolutely loved this book -- what an encouragement to fully worship God
David Smith
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Easy read. Helped remind me of how important personal worship is. Good how to guide as well. Would recommend it!
Joan
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a reprint from 30 years ago and some contemporary readers may have difficulty with the language. But reading the book is well worth the effort. Carroll writes about a depth of spirituality rarely seen. He describes prayer and worship on a serious level. Sure, we might sing praise songs, but true worship comes from the heart. See my full review at http://bit.ly/11CmY1O.
Chris Fowler
Oct 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is a book for all true lovers of Christ, who desire to learn how to practically worship their Lord and Savior. Written by a fellow pilgrim who had learned the mystery of adoring Christ by utilizing Scripture, hymns, poems, etc. in his devotion. A must read for those who desire to become what God is seeking--those who "worship in spirit and in truth."
John
Dec 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A decent overview of worship

- spoke in very vague term
-used very bizarre illustrations to make a point
-would set something up to explain and never follow through
-had some really good point on what true worship looks like and what's required.
-the last chapter is the best of the bunch
Ilona
Nov 06, 2008 rated it liked it
tad bit too lordshipy for me.
but once i got over that the book was great.
the lesson i learned was the necessity for intentional silent time with God. A practical habit that will grow our awarness of His presence. & that relationship is what this whole life is about!
David
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-growth
This is an incredible book. I would recommend that this book be read a chapter a day as a devotional. It is a fairly short book and has some pretty good punches of knowledge and shares a lot of wisdom and insight to what worship really is!
Erin
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Worship: the missing gem in the crown of the church. Joseph S. Carroll gives the how too's of worship. Showing the lives of men like David, Abraham, Paul and women like Mary and how their lives were categorized by "the one thing necessary".
Dan Sr
Dec 13, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Believers
This book is incredible! It is short, sweet and to the point: we find our joy and strength as believers through the worship of our Lord. Joseph Carroll makes that worship simple! ...... Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die is a great follow up to help put this into practice.
Alex Hannis
May 17, 2015 rated it liked it
A quick, short read. I remember enjoying it, but I honestly cannot remember one thing about this book. If something had stuck I would have rated it higher. Probably a great book for new believers, though.
Thebookaholic1
Jan 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
At the time I found this book very refreshing. Not sure how I would take it today.
david shin
Mar 07, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: spiritual
It's good in that the book articulates worship as more than just "singing songs." A good foundation for any Christian who is seeking to develop the "heart of worship."
sharon
Jan 21, 2009 rated it liked it
Okay.
Michael Locklear
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
A great booklet on the importance of worship. I highly recommend this book.
John
Dec 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Rated: A+
Jimmy Reagan
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is incredible! I recommend it to everyone.
Clint
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: highly-recommend
Excellent book! The emphasis on worship is one which is sorely needed in my life & churches around the world. Jesus said that the Father is seeking true worshipers!
Jesse
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-books
As a new believer, this short yet surprisingly dense book on how to worship Christ is extremely helpful... It's also a great book to buy several copies to give to friends.
Rainey

• Worship: The Ultimate Priority
  • The Christian Book of Mystical Verse
  • The Life of God in the Soul of Man
  • Temptation: Resisted and Repulsed
  • Heaven Taken by Storm: Showing the Holy Violence a Christian Is to Put Forth in the Pursuit After Glory
  • Taking Hold of God
  • Love Has a Price Tag: Inspiring Stories That Will Open Your Heart to Life's Little Miracles
  • A Sweet and Bitter Providence: Sex, Race, and the Sovereignty of God
  • Face to Face: Praying the Scriptures for Intimate Worship: Praying the Scriptures for Intimate Worship v. 1 (Face to Face: Intimate Worship)
  • Ancient-Future Worship
  • Gospel-Centered Hermeneutics: Foundations and Principles of Evangelical Biblical Interpretation
  • The Pastor's Wife
  • Teach Me to Pray
  • The Stranger on the Road to Emmaus
  • Complete Financial Guide For Young Couples (Christian Financial Concept)
“You will serve the one you worship. You will not have to be motivated or forced. The” 0 likes