Start by marking “Georgia the Guinea Pig Fairy (Pet Fairies, No. 3)” as Want to Read:
Georgia the Guinea Pig Fairy (Pet Fairies, No. 3)

Georgia the Guinea Pig Fairy (Rainbow Magic #31)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  580 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
The Pet Fairies have one of the most important jobs in Fairyland! Along with their special pets, they make sure that all animals find safe homes with the right owners. But when Jack Frost steals the magical pets, Fairyland is in an uproar! Can Rachel and Kirsty help set things right? When Georgia the Guinea Pig Fairy's pet goes missing, this fairy is all aflutter. She has ...more
Published March 1st 2008 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2006)

Anna
Sep 10, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ages: 8-11

This is a good book for lower level readers. The plot is simple and it is a part of a series (all of which have the same basic plot). The book is good to build skills and confidence. The topic is also appealing to must young girls.

Use: independent reading book, book review, journal responses, compare and contrast to the other books in the series, character development.
Cecelia
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At the farm one day, Kristy and Rachel are looking at guinea pigs and they notice that one of the guinea pigs is missing. Her name is Carrot. They follow a guinea pig and it climbs up a tree and Kristy follows it up the tree. Then it goes off the tree because it was scared and they find out it's not Carrot, it's Georgia's guinea pig, Sparky because the guinea pig flies.
Dolly
Oct 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children who are starting to read chapter books
This is the third book in the Pet Fairies series by the group of author who call themselves Daisy Meadows. Our oldest is just tearing through these books and I am now picking up an entire series at a time, so she can have enough books until we go to the library again. This book was slightly different from the other series, which is refreshing as the formula is getting a bit old. Still, our daughter loves these books, which is all I could ask for.

Jan 2012 update: our youngest is now immersing her
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Another cute story in the Pet Fairies series, in this case involving a magical guinea pig that is lost in the human world. Once again Kirsty and Rachel end up rescuing the lost animal from the horrible glutches of the goblins.

The stories are always fanciful, and inevitably involve Kirsty and Rachel becoming fairies themselves for a short time. A cute story, although I don't care for some of the artwork.
Melissa Namba
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
a goblin in sheep's clothing. kind of cliche. this is the first of the fairy books where the fairy is not Caucasian. at least of the ones that I've read. kind of strange how they do not appropriately utilize magic, like when they are trapped inside with goblins, but use it for other reasons like animating ropes to tie up goblins. kids who don't overthink things will enjoy this.
Kristen
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Read aloud to my 4 yr old. She enjoyed it & cannot get enough of these books. I guess that's what really matters. I'm a bit bored of the fairy series, but they aren't written for me.
Angela Barakat
I read this with my daughter.
Lyn
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gracie-s-books
I loved it. It was awesome because the guinea pig was cute.
Meredith
Nov 25, 2012 rated it liked it
My 7 year old daughter and I read this book together. She loves the Fairy series and loves guinea pigs so it was s big hit for her. I was neutral about the book.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
they find a guinea pig at a pet store.
$hanel
Mar 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is another awesome book that is in the whole fairy series. Yes this one was good too. All Mums should read this to their little 6 or 7 year old girl.
Anna
Jan 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-by-myself
The guinea pig could fly so Jack Frost wanted him as a pet.
Alexa
Dec 29, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I get you mixed up with the hamster fairy.
Amy
Nov 08, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 8-12
Recommended to Amy by: friends
i read his when i was 9 and i really enjoyed it because there is lots of problem and the girls have to solve it before the time runs out.
Helen
Mar 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like it.
Abby
How do you read the book
Aurora
Kids love these books. Whatever gets them reading, right?

I don't understand why Kirsty's mom looks like Rachel. That's just confusing.
Dallas Hunter
Good book

I loved this book it was a good continuation of the series I will truly recommend this book to anyone who believes in magic
Megan Charchenkp
Feb 26, 2017
ROSIE
Oct 16, 2014
Debsta
rated it did not like it
Nov 05, 2014
Sydney
Sep 08, 2010
Jordan
Jun 03, 2009
  • Classroom Chaos (Magic Kitten, #2)
  • Caramel Moon
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • Bell's Star (Horse Diaries, #2)
  • Princess Charlotte and the Birthday Ball (The Tiara Club, #1)
  • The Baby Unicorn
  • Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #12)
  • Fawn and the Mysterious Trickster (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #13)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Rosetta's Daring Day (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #14)
  • Starlight Surprise (My Secret Unicorn, #4)
  • Just Grace and the Terrible Tutu (Just Grace, #6)
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh
More about Daisy Meadows...

Rainbow Magic (1 - 10 of 215 books)
  • Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1)
  • Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2)
  • Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #3)
  • Fern The Green Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #4)
  • Sky The Blue Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #5)
  • Inky The Indigo Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #6)
  • Heather The Violet Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #7)
  • Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1)
  • Abigail The Breeze Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #9; Weather Fairies, #2)
  • Pearl The Cloud Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #10; Weather Fairies, #3)