Start by marking “Girls in Love (Girls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Girls in Love (Girls, #1)

Girls in Love (Girls #1)

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  12,596 Ratings  ·  225 Reviews
Magda is tall and glamorous, Nadine is willowy and 'gothic' and Ellie, well, Ellie thinks she is unattractive and boring and that no boy will ever be interested in her. The three girls have been best friends 'forever' even though they don't seem to have much in common. But one thing they all want is a boyfriend!

Join the girls as they work out how to deal with all the surpr
Published September 4th 2003 by Corgi Childrens (first published 1997)

Frankie
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood, 2016
I liked this series when i was younger. Was nice to read again.
Maddie (Heart Full Of Books)
I'm really surprised by how relevant all the issues discussed in this book are! Turns out the teenage girl experience hasn't changed much in 20 years!
Jo Woolfardis
Read as part of The Infinite Variety Reading Challenge, based on the BBC's Big Read Poll of 2003.

Yuck yuck yuck. Puke puke puke.

Full review to follow.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Shop | Etsy
Christine Blachford
Sep 22, 2011 rated it liked it
I’ve always had a soft spot for Jacqueline Wilson, even though I am far too old to be reading things like this now. I picked this up as part of my reading list challenge, and having vaguely recalled a kids TV show that was made out of this source material, I was intrigued at how the story would go.

The thing about Jacqueline Wilson is that she gets right inside kids heads, and even though I am not a kid anymore, I could remember the feelings she was describing as if they were yesterday. Maybe I a
Cat
Jul 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010
At the start this book suspiciouly reminded me of the Confessions of Gee Nicholson, but then I found out it was published before that series...
It was very different though. No snog-a-thons or Dave-the-laughs, but it did hold a different quality, a more emotional, real life one.
It is about 13 year old Ellie. Bushy haired, glasses wearing plump Ellie and the fixes she gets herslef into, one with dorky Dan...
I remember watching the TV version of it when I was about 9, and thinking 'I'm going to r
Emily May
Dec 09, 2010 rated it liked it
Aww, what a sweet book of innocence and shattered innocence. Of love and heartbreak. I felt a connection with each of the characters in this book and it was possibly one of the most important books of my early teens. If you are between 11 and 15/16 then you should read this book. A very cute read!
Janelle Dazzlepants
Dec 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The book was very cute, and all the girls were relatable although I have to admit that Magda got on my nerves. Elly is adorably self-deprecating without it being annoying and just begging for reassurance, and Nadine may look like the token goth chick, but she's put in situations that young girls can definitely relate to. It's a mess of hormones, self-confidence issues, girltalk and sex without being tacky or scandalous or too sexed up.

The tv series adaptation is also really great =D
Sofia Domingos
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is a really cute and fun book that loved when i was younger . still loved it today .
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-star
After challenging myself to revisit the books I loved as a child and young teenager - and then review them from memory - where better to begin than at Jacqueline Wilson? I loved the 'Girls' series, I think I must have read Girls In Love a dozen times over the years.

As told by Ellie, an artistic pre-teen, I instantly warmed to her. Her insecurities are typical of a girl of her age. How Wilson manages to so expertly define the thoughts of a young girl throughout the generations is nothing short o
Faduma Mohamud
Guttegærne jenter formet meg!!!! Aaah min barndom
Connie
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Unknown

Title: Girls in Love
Series: Girls #1
Author: Jacqueline Wilson
Overall Review: 3 stars

You're all probably thinking, Connie? Why are you reading books for kids?

Well because I want to read as many books as possible to keep me awake and they're all on my shelves so I might as well.

Ellie is going into Year 9, that's Year 10 for the Northern Irish amongst us and Freshman Year for the Americans. She's fourteen and when I first read these books at 7, that w
Kate
Oct 25, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls ;)
Shelves: myfavorites
Three rambuncious girls named Magda, Ella and Nadine have about one thing in common, they are all totally boy crazy! Ella always puts herself down just because she is a little bit paranoid of her weight and face shape. Another problem is, her friend's are boy MAGNETS! Everywhere they go, boys just have to stop and look at them! The only boy that really loves Ella is Eggs, her annoying little brother. But of course there is dan. A silly little 12 year old named Dan that is madly in love with Ell ...more
Kirjapallo
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Minun oli tarkoitus lukea vaan ihan vähän alkua, mutta kuinka ollakaan, luin vahingossa koko kirjan... :D Tämä menee ehdottomasti kutosten ystävyys- ja ihastusvinkkauksiin.

Päähenkilönä on 13-vuotias Ellie jonka molemmat ystävät seurustelevat, joten niinpä hän väittää itsekin seurustelevansa. Hänen kirjekaverinsa Dan on vain aika erilainen kuin mitä hän on ystävilleen kertonut... Vai onko?

Kirjasta oikein huokuu semmoinen hauska ja sympaattinen fiilis, mutta samalla käsitellään myös vakavampia ai
Marta
Jun 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
My TV broke so the rapair man took it to fix and now I can't stop reading books. I have read this book in 1 day and I am finally reading another book. I really like this book because it has some fun things and it was really interesting. The book is about 3 girls. Ellie, Magda and Nadine. They are the 3 best friends. Ellie thinks that she is unattractive and boring, and that no boy would ever be interested in her. Magda has boyfriends all the time and Nadine is dead gorgeous and was nearly on the ...more
Dany
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
leggendolo ero addirittura quasi tentata di dargli 3 stelline ma poi il finale mi ha spiazzato e deluso più del resto del libro e ciao ciao. Okay, forse è perchè non ho l'età ma la storia era carina: Ellie perde la mamma, ha due migliori amiche, una matrigna e desidera un fidanzato, come tutte le adolescenti. E vive la vita che vivono tutte le adolescenti. E' bello quando nei libri per adolescenti viene sottolineata l'importanza dell'amicizia ma questo libro mi ha delusa un sacco.
Kate Millin
Apr 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
One of the Teenage angst books she writes so well. This is the first in a series of three about Ellie and her best friends Magda and Nadine just going into year 7 and starting to get interested on boys. It brought back lots of memories of what it felt like to be in that difficult time when you are not an adult or a child
Shahrun
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I used to love Jacqueline Wilson when I was a kid. And I still do! This book was so much fun and really transported me back to my teen years (the good and the bad). I loved the illustrations too. More books should have them! I have now ordered the rest of the series.
Tracey
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: good-books, ya-books
I enjoyed this book. It was fun to read. Loved the way the girls always stuck together!
Rebekah Gillian
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I decided to re-read these books when I saw them on my bookshelf and wanted to remember what I was into as a young kid. I have fond memories of reading three of the four books in one day when I was home sick from school and loving every minute of it. Never did I imagine loving it the second time around as much as I did.
A must-read for adolescence from 10-14, this details situation most teenagers will have to go through at some point. It deals briefly with LBGT issues in a time before it was talk
Teresa
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it
~ 2.5 Stars ~ This book is part of the BBC's 100 Must Read Books. I'm guessing that is was a must read for British girls like Judy Blume's books were when I was growing up. I just can't imagine though that it could be as memorable as Blubber or Are You There God? It's Me Margaret. I'm just surprised that this book made it on the list.
DeathEatersWearGoldConverse
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Is it possible to fall in love with a book???because this book is THE BEST BOOK EVAH!!!!!!!! Loved it and I highly recommend it. Loved Ellie and found it so nice that the protagonist (for once!!) wasn't perfect. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!
Nila
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
good
Floor Flawless
Toen ik wat jonger was, was ik dol op deze boeken. Ik vind ze nu wat minder dan toen, maar zijn wel oke.
Jenny
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I remember loving the Girls series way back when!
Aliyah
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!
Ariana
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing
Just
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely not my favourite Jacqueline Wilson book but still an ok read.
Elektra
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
loved it!
Emily
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Love this although it says the c word in it (which im not allowed to saya s it is classes as a swearword) its still amazing!
  • The Exiles in Love (The Exiles, #3)
  • The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists
  • Losing the Plot (Angels Unlimited, #2)
  • Lucky Star
  • Charm School
  • How to Flunk Your First Date (Two of a Kind, #2)
  • The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2)
  • The Past, the Present and the Loud, Loud Girl (Ally's World, #1)
  • Gormenghast (Gormenghast, #2)
  • Mates, Dates, and Designer Divas (Mates, Dates, #3)
  • Good Night, Mr. Tom
  • Sunset Song (A Scots Quair, #1)
  • Pig-Heart Boy
  • Skinny Melon And Me (Diary, #1)
Jacqueline Wilson was born in Bath in 1945, but spent most of her childhood in Kingston-on-Thames. She always wanted to be a writer and wrote her first ‘novel’ when she was nine, filling in countless Woolworths’ exercise books as she grew up. As a teenager she started work for a magazine publishing company and then went on to work as a journalist on Jackie magazine (which she was told was named af ...more
More about Jacqueline Wilson...

Girls (4 books)
  • Girls Under Pressure (Girls, #2)
  • Girls Out Late (Girls, #3)
  • Girls in Tears (Girls, #4)