Start by marking “Third Base (The Boys of Summer, #1)” as Want to Read:
Third Base (The Boys of Summer, #1)

Third Base (The Boys of Summer #1)

3.7  ·  Rating Details ·  2,326 Ratings  ·  354 Reviews
Ethan Davenport is already Boston’s most eligible bachelor. In his second season with the Boston Renegades he has set his eyes on the girl behind the visitors’ dugout.

That girl is Daisy Robinson, a journalism student at the University of Boston and a die-hard Renegades fan.

But with new found love comes challenges and Ethan and Daisy have to deal with his crazy schedule, sc
Paperback
Published November 4th 2015 by Heidi McLaughlin

To ask other readers questions about Third Base, please sign up.

Heroesinbooks Standalone but yes it left me frustrated because I did not like the hero. At all. The ending is definitive. No cliffie.

Sabrina
Paperback now LIVE! http://amzn.to/2oRxeSX
Excerpt and Giveaway HERE.

Third Base was my first Heidi McLaughlin read and a good introduction to her writing I think. The story was a compelling story that kept my interest from the beginning without losing it at any part of the book. I liked how the author was able to tell the story in Ethan's POV completely and really get me to understand his character's personality. His character was a good one that I liked throughout the book, even when he was bein
Maya
Seriously! The worst part is that H brings his fuck buddy to h grandfather's funeral. Who does that?!!!

Zoe
Jun 22, 2017 Zoe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars! (rounded up)

This was a nice, light, easy read told in first-person narration with some scattered blogger posts between chapters to give the storyline a little more meat. It could have had a little more chemistry and heat between the main characters but overall an enjoyable read.

Thank you to Forever Books and Goodreads Giveaway for providing me with a copy of this novel.
Paige
4 "Feel the Pull" Stars

Third Base is the first book Heidi McLaughlin's new series The Boys of Summer and it was a steller introduction to this new series. Told completely from the male hero, Ethan Davenport's perspective, the story kept me giggling, swooning and crossing my fingers and toes that everything would work out for Ethan and Daisy.

Ethan is one of the new up and coming stars in professional baseball. While he is a star on the field, he hasn't quite got a handle on how to deal with his
Adriana Locke
Nov 07, 2015 Adriana Locke rated it it was amazing
Heidi should've named this one HOME RUN because that's what it was - a total out-of-the-park story!

A little mystery and a lot of heat mix together in this sweet tale that I devoured in as few sittings as possible. You can't help but fall in love with Ethan and (girl) crush on Daisy right along with the baseball star. It's sexy and sweet and you won't see the curveballs coming!
Fanny
Oct 06, 2016 Fanny added it
Shelves: did-not-finish

DNF At 45%.

Inicie esta lectura porque amo las historias con protagonistas deportistas, son como el chocolate para mi, irresistibles.

Nunca habia leido nada de la autora pero la sinopsis me atrajo tanto que decidi comenzarla sin pensarmelo demasiado o leer alguna reseña ... Gran ERROR! me arrepiento de no haber leido ninguna opinion antes de empezar a leerlo, quizas asi no me hubiera llevado una sorpresa tan desagradable como la que me lleve con este libro.

Third Base es una historia sosa, predecib
Michelle
Copy provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo c47a0cd9de6cc876e1f2bf0fb28a7c_zpsw1ezvrnc.gif

I love sports. And I especially love baseball. So you can imagine my love for sports romance and to know that I will be diving into a baseball sports romance makes me giddy. Third Base is the first book that I have read from Heidi McLaughlin and it definitely won’t be my last.

Third Base has all the makings to be a grand slam but sadly this book fell short in the aspect of showing a strong tangible chemistry between the hero and heroine.
Deserie williams
Nov 07, 2015 Deserie williams marked it as just-not-for-me-stay-away-hell-no
self note: Cheater(in my opinion)! Ass of an H! hell know!!! Not for me!
Allegria
Nov 09, 2015 Allegria rated it it was ok
I liked the format w/ the blogging and it was refreshing to read an entire book done in the guy's pov.

BUT I did NOT like Ethan. At. All. That was 60% into the book. Towards the end, I hated him. He was a dic_. Not the lovable kind where he struggles to do the right thing by Daisy, but the jerk kind where he claims to have feelings for Daisy that surpasses anything he's ever felt (his words), yet his actions in MULTIPLE situations clearly show he is selfish and thinks nothing of Daisy's feelings
Audrey
Oct 25, 2015 Audrey rated it it was amazing
Ethan is the rising star third baseman of the Boston Renegades making a name for himself. He has his eye on the mysterious Daisy, a faithful fan at every home game he is dying to get to know. He finally has the courage to ask her out and a relationship develops. Can dealing with the life and schedule of being a famous ball player with everyone watching his every move and Daisy holding a secret be too much for this couple? Or do they have what it takes to make it?
I love baseball and I love a goo
Tamara
Oct 27, 2015 Tamara rated it it was amazing
Ethan Davenport is one of Boston's most sought out bachelors as the third baseman for the Boston Renegades. Daisy is a quiet, shy college girl who happens to be at every home game. Ethan finally gets up the nerve to ask Daisy out and they hit it off. Ethan has a very busy schedule and Daisy needs to finish school. Can their relationship survive even when secrets are revealed??

I am a huge baseball fan and love romance novels. This book was definitely a win-win for me. The writing is so detailed t
Slim
May 23, 2017 Slim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Third Base by Heidi McLaughlinhttps://ladiikeiii.wordpress.com/2017... by Heidi McLaughlin

Few spoilers here and there, I owned Third Base and got this book through http://freshfictionbox.com. Worth having to because the storyline is good, and not only that, but I am a baseball fan "I am a Yankees" fan, and it's funny how Ethan hated the Yankees because they kept losing against them hilarious. Also, I just love reading sports books. These types of books interest me, make me want a baseball player, but these famous sports pla
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
SQUEEZZZE! First base, second base, third base, or home run … I will take it ALL!
HOT DAMN!!! This story is amazingly hot, sweet, sexy, and oh so romantic. I was introduced to Heidi McLaughlin by one of my favorite authors Monica James. I met Heidi at the RT convention and got Third Base signed by her. You are right Monica! This author is amazing. I love her writing and this love story is so freaking sweet and heart-felt. I laughed, I cried, and I finished this baby in one sitting!!!!

Told from
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
2.5 STARS

I was very torn on how to review Third Base. I wavered on whether or not to round up to 3 STARS because there were things I really liked about this book, but I felt there was just too much left to be desired and at the end of the day, the book just fell short.

Much of Third Base flowed smoothly, I felt it moved quickly and I enjoyed it at times. I very much appreciated that Heidi McLaughlin changed up the predictability of this sports romance by writing it from the point of view of the
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
4.5 Stars - Home run for Heidi! Review to follow.

Spoiler-free review
Title: Third Base
Author: Heidi McLaughlin
Release Date: November 4, 2015
Rating: 4. 5 stars
Cliffhanger: No

Home run for the first book in Heidi McLaughlin’s new sports romance series! What happens when Ethan, a HOT baseball player falls for Daisy, a baseball fan he spots in the stands? Will he strike out? Will she take one for the team? Will this rookie make too many errors and not be able score? Secrets and lies are exposed and t
Ashley Suzanne
Oct 31, 2015 Ashley Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Heidi McLaughlin hits it out of the park with Third Base. To say that Ethan and Daisy stole the show is an understatement. After having read McLaughlin's other series, I was a tad worried going into Third Base that nobody could steal away the love I felt for Liam Page (or Westbury, depending on which version of that lovable bad boy you prefer), but Ethan Davenport hit a grand slam!!!

If you're looking for a book with a baseball playing bad boy with a reputation for living outside the box, and a l
Amy
Sep 21, 2015 Amy rated it it was amazing
Ethan Davenport is Boston’s most eligible bachelor. Daisy is a quiet college student and big fan of the Boston Renegades, and she just happened to catch Ethan's eye. Daisy is not like any of the women Ethan is use to, and this what made me LOVE Daisy! She wasn't falling all over Ethan because of who he was, if anything she kept him on his toes and keeps him guessing from the moment they meet. A romance blooms and feelings start to grow but with most relationships they hit a few bumps in the road ...more
Veronica LaRoche
Oct 25, 2015 Veronica LaRoche rated it it was amazing
Heidi knocked it out of the park. I absolutely love this book from start to finish. When Ethan Davenport sees Daisy for the first time he wants to talk to her but is nervous. Seeing her every game since she is a season ticket holder is making Ethan want to meet her even more. Finally getting enough courage to talk to Daisy, Ethan's world will never be the same. When lies are told and exposed how will their love survive? Absolutely love this book and characters and I just want to reread this stor ...more
Angie
I hate to say it but I was not a fan. I've enjoyed almost everything McLaughlin has written so far but Third Base wasn't one of them.

Ethan Davenport is third baseman for the Boston Renegades. He's intrigued by the girl that sits in prime season ticket holder seats all by herself. He finally gets up the nerve to meet her. Daisy is a journalism student and obviously a huge Renegades fan. But she's also super secretive. Ethan isn't used to a woman not letting him in.

I don't know if McLaughlin int
Tammi
Nov 01, 2015 Tammi rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!
I am a big baseball fan and this book was written for and by a true fan. I loved the game refrences, the team refrences and especially the part about All Star game being in Cincinnati. I live in Cincinnati and saw the excitement of this game first hand. This is a baseball book but there is a sweet romance story building through the sport theme.
The love story between Ethan and Daisy was a slow building attraction that we watch develop into love.The game brought them together s
Sbell
Nov 09, 2015 Sbell rated it did not like it
This is officially the last book I will read by Heidi McLaughlin. I could go on and on and really bash this book, but I'm not going to. I will let my rating speak for itself. BUT for those of you who would like an honest opinion of what was wrong with book, besides everything, I did not like Ethan. His POV just did not ring true with me. I guess I could have liked Daisy, but since this is in Ethan's POV I didn't know her. Some authors, really good ones, can make you know the person even if the t ...more
Dai Alvarado
Oct 23, 2016 Dai Alvarado rated it liked it
No esta mal.

Esperaba algo muy diferente pero no estuvo ni de cerca tan malo como creí. Me gustó que la historia fuera narrada por Ethan, igual que me gustó que él estuviera muy lejos de los tipos personajes arrogantes y egocéntricos. En realidad Ethan es muy dulce.

Daisy me sacó de mis casillas en más de una ocasión, era demasiado cerrada para mis gustos y Ethan siempre era el que terminaba cediendo, persiguiéndola y pidiendo perdón aun cuando era ella la que estaba equivocada.

Lo del bloggero fue
Nov 03, 2015 Sarah rated it it was ok
I thought this book rather boring and found myself skipping through because I held out hope it would get better. The connection between Ethan and Daisy was not believable, maybe because we only heard his POV and she came across like a bitch.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I have to hand it to Heidi McLaughlin, when it comes to baseball, she knows her stuff. Unfortunately, Third Base, as a romance, went a little off the rails for me.

Daisy and Ethan didn’t make sense to me. She started off shy, unsure of herself, a virgin. She was secretive and avoided answering questions about herself at all costs. Ethan is self-assured, an open-book that is trying to prove to her that everything that she reads in the Bo-Re Blog about him is just rumors. But, somewhere in between
Christina
Jun 10, 2016 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars - 3 Flames

I'm not exactly sure that the first edition of the book was like, but I like this one. In fact, I really like this cover more than the first. It fits Ethan a LOT more than the first. Now that I've gotten that off my chest, let's get down to business.

Ethan is a twenty-two year old in his second year in the Majors. Yep, THE Majors. He's the golden boy of the team and the current bachelor catch. But after getting caught in a "not his fault" situation and then tweeting his home
Sherry
Oct 31, 2015 Sherry rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 For Love of the Game Stars

ARC generously provided by the author in exchange for an HONEST review.

I loved this book from the very first page to the very last sentence. As a reader, we desire to be immersed in the story. The feel of each word should wrap around your mind and if you're lucky connect with your soul. Ms. McLaughlin has achieved both with this story.

Ethan is a rising star in professional baseball entering his sophomore year in the league. He's young and has made some "rookie" m
Deniz
Nov 18, 2015 Deniz rated it did not like it
Shelves: meh

Buuuut this just is at best boring....

There are long passages with baseball details. I am not a baseball fan, so I am not sure if all those rather scripted feeling details work better for a fan. For me how ever they were just sleep inducing.

Actually most of this was. It was really long wound.
I could have lived with that, but then there are all the cliches
I mean it's packed with every damn cliche of the genre I could think of.

Well and if that wasn't bad enough...
The characters are ... annoying?
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
Two and a half not quite home run stars.....

This is a difficult one to rate. I didn't flat out hate it, but I sure as hell did not love it either. I guess I feel rather ambivalent about it....just MEH!!!

In my opinion it would have firstly worked out better if it was told in dual point of view. Just hearing from Ethan's POV, didn't work. Also the Hero was a little bit of a douchebag. I mean he did so many things, that once again in my opinion were kinda like cheating (and yes authors, kissing/blo
Heather
Nov 03, 2015 Heather rated it it was amazing
I love a well written sports story. I also love everything Heidi McLaughlin writes. Needless to say I was really excited to read Third Base. I was not disappointed. Ethan was a breath of fresh air for me. He was different than most of the guys I read about in books. He's a pretty good guy who goes for what he wants. And When he notices Daisy sitting in the stands at all of his home games he decides he wants to get to know her. She puts up a lot of signs that makes her appear as if she isn't inte ...more
  • Butterfly Ginger
  • Behind the Pitch (Seeking Serenity, #1.5)
  • Yearning Devotion (Yearning Series, #1)
  • Black Roses (The Mitchell Sisters, #3)
  • Titanium Security Series Box Set: Volume II (Titanium Security, #4 & 5)
  • Playing Hard (New York Saints, #4)
  • Picking Up the Pieces (Pieces, #2)
  • The Art of Ruining a Rake (The Naughty Girls, #3)
  • Fair Catch (Love and Sports, #1)
  • Tainted Love (A Totally '80s Romance #2)
  • True Love: The Trilogy: The Complete Boxed Set
  • Hardcore: Complete Series Box Set
  • Hot in Hellcat Canyon (Hellcat Canyon, #1)
  • Too Hot to Handle (The Boys of Summer, #2)
  • Up In Flames: Body Heat\Caught in the Act
  • Priceless (Forbidden Men, #8)
  • The Temptations of Anna Jacobs (Dangerous Liaisons, #2)
  • SECRET Trilogy (Secret, #1-3)
Heidi is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author.

Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband and two daughters. Also renting space in their home is an over-hyper Beagle/Jack Russell, Buttercup and a Highland West/Mini Schnauzer, JiLL and her brother, Racicot.

When she's isn't writing one of the many stories planned for release, you'll find
More about Heidi McLaughlin...

The Boys of Summer (3 books)
  • Home Run (The Boys of Summer, #2)
  • Grand Slam (The Boys of Summer, #3)