Start by marking “Oh My Goth!: Version 2.0” as Want to Read:
Oh My Goth!: Version 2.0

Oh My Goth!: Version 2.0

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  143 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
A supreme being named Hieronymous Poshe arrives on Earth. His mission? To find signs of intelligent life and keep his species from turning the entire globe into a colossal landing strip. Instead, he's found time and again how pathetic humans can be Aliens, vampires, teenagers, the Goth scene itself... everyone's a target in this hilarious book Loaded to bear with satirical ...more
Published January 15th 2002 by Sirius Entertainment (first published December 28th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Oh My Goth!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh My Goth!

Skullgirl22
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh my Goth! is a Voltaire classic.The characters are funny and relatable if you have any Goth friends or you are part of Goth culture you will know what I mean. I wish there were more Oh my Goth! books.When I finished reading it left me wanting more.
Nicole Loop
I oddly found this.. not that funny.. it took a WHILE to get through which is WEIRD bc I have 2 of his books Paint It Black: A Guide to Gothic Homemaking and What Is Goth? and I loved those. huh weird. Maybe because too much is jammed onto each page with no breathing room for the jokes.
Chibineko
Oct 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Regardless of whether you are a goth, wish you could be one or just love reading the comics that seem to be found in the hands of goth comic fans, you will enjoy this book. Created by goth musician Voltaire, he gives his own humorous spin on the whole goth satire thing. And he does it quite well.

Focusing around the self absorbed alien Heironymous Posch, the comic quickly starts on it's intended purpose- to showcase the good, bad & ugly side of the goth culture. You see just about every sing
Matti Karjalainen
Jul 25, 2011 rated it did not like it
Voltaire on jonkinlainen goottikulttuurin renessanssi-ihminen. Hän on kirjoittanut jokusen kirjan ja levyttänyt pari levyä, joiden aiheena ovat nämä monesti kummaksutut synkistelijät. Sarjakuva "Oh My Goth!" noudattelee miehen muiden tuotosten tyyliä, eli se naureskelee goottiskenelle hyvin vaihtelevalla menestyksellä. Osa jutuista huvitti kovastikin, osa sai haukottelemaan ja kaikkein tyhmimmät alapään jutut aiheuttivat lähinnä myötähäpeää kirjailijaa ja tämän lähisukua kohtaan.

Voltaire tuntuu
K.D. McQuain
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm not usually a fan of graphic novels, even though I have always liked comic books, but this one is great. Anyone who has been involved with the Gothic subculture in any way is likely to find this book hilarious, even if the art is a bit on the juvenile side. And Voltaire has put out some equally funny CDs.
Alex
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
You'll never read anything like Oh My Goth! It's freaking hilarious and the artwork is awesome. If you're even slightly into Goth subculture, READ THIS NOW. (Though word of warning: you won't get the jokes unless you're into "real" Goth culture, if you're into like, mall Goth, no disrespect to you, but you probably won't find this funny!!)
Zombaby Cera
Jan 19, 2009 rated it liked it
Horribly funny. It's good to know that other goths don't take the scene too seriously.
Althea Ann
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
highly recommended for anyone who knows and loves the goth scene - but isn't afraid to laugh at themselves as well!
Caleb Sorg
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's hilarious. The jokes hidden or otherwise are great, but even voltaire's little quips before are a riot!
Ash
Oct 22, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Read a few years ago and liked it.
Gail Solether
  • Goth: Identity, Style and Subculture
  • Goth Craft: The Magickal Side of Dark Culture
  • Strangers in Paradise, Volume 3: It's A Good Life
  • Goth-Icky: A Macabre Menagerie of Morbid Monstrosities
  • Chronicle of the Queens of Egypt: From Early Dynastic Times to the Death of Cleopatra
  • Druids: A Very Short Introduction
  • Queen and Country, Vol. 2: Morning Star
  • Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse, Vol. 3: Calamari Rising
  • Something at the Window Is Scratching: Children's Tales for Disturbed Children
  • Courtney Crumrin's Monstrous Holiday (Courtney Crumrin, #4)
  • Gothic Charm School: An Essential Guide for Goths and Those Who Love Them
  • Buried (Goth Girl Mystery, #1)

Nonfiction Deals

• Tinseltown: Murder, Morphine, and Madness at the Dawn of Hollywood
    $10.74 $2.99
    $5.99 $1.99
    $8.24 $1.99
  • How to Travel with a Salmon & Other Essays (A Harvest Book)
    $14.99 $1.99