Start by marking “Meet Me in My Cape Cod Kitchen: Recipes for Seaside Living” as Want to Read:
Meet Me in My Cape Cod Kitchen: Recipes for Seaside Living

Meet Me in My Cape Cod Kitchen: Recipes for Seaside Living

With more than 60 delicious recipes, this book celebrates sharing good food with family and friends, inspired by the sweetness of living by the beach. Accompanied by food photography and beautiful Cape Cod landscapes, chapters focus on baked goods such as cakes, cookies, quick breads, cheesecake and biscotti, as well as appetizers, entrees, and salads and even summertime-p ...more
Published November 28th 2015 by Schiffer Publishing (first published June 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Meet Me in My Cape Cod Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meet Me in My Cape Cod Kitchen

Sharon
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, netgalley
Schiffer Publishing Ltd. and NetGalley provided me with an electronic copy of this cookbook, in exchange for an honest review.

Honestly, I wanted more recipes and less personal anecdotes in Meet Me in My Cape Cod Kitchen. If this was a blog, not a cookbook, I would expect the soliloquy. The personal stories were fine, but I would have rather the author impart some words of wisdom about cooking and what readers might expect to find that is unique to Cape Cod cuisine.

This book boasts delicious cake
Kristine
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: amazon-reviewed
Meet Me in my Cape Cod Kitchen by Linda Marie Steele is a free NetGalley ebook that I read during the morning of Boxing Day in late December. After the rich excess of Christmas dinners (i.e. ham with all the fixings on Christmas Eve, Chinese buffet on Christmas Day), I had wanted to read this book to ease myself into lighter, simpler, more coastal fare.

This book falters most in its presentation - it's dotted with stock photos, clip-art, and fluffy, milketoast Zen quotations among recipes that ea
Amanda
Jan 08, 2016 rated it liked it
* Netgalley ARC for review

I definitely expected more out of this book than I got, and maybe it means I went into it with the wrong ideas about what I would be getting out of it. The recipes are good, but they are ones I know I can find everywhere else. The seafood sections, which I'd been waiting for as I read it, was very tiny and that made me sad.

I could pass this by my New Englander best friend and maybe she could tell me this is totally relevant, all of it, but for now it's definitely a sol
Kim
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, net-galley
This book is a lovely collection of delicious recipes. Lots of tempting cakes that sound like they must go on our list to try . There are lots of coast photos which add to the draw of the book. There are recipes for fish dishes and lots of thirst quenching drinks.

I can just imagine living in a beach side property and trying lots of these recipes and maybe I can conjure up those images trying them in my new kitchen!

It's a fairly compact book- but lots of great recipes inside.
With many thanks to N
Christina
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this as an e-ARC from NetGalley.

While I wouldn't want to prepare some of these dishes every day (price, type of seafood, etc.), I did find this a good New England cookbook read. Appetizing pictures and straightforward recipes.
Darryn
Jan 05, 2016 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley for an honest review.

This is an ok cookbook. The pictures are nice but I really expected more seafood inspired recipes given the title. I also thought it was rather small, especially the dinner section.
Sandra Lassiter
Dec 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I love New England, and I absolutely adore seafood. I couldn’t wait to get into this cookbook. You’d think I’d dive right into a great seafood dish, but that didn’t happen. I received the book a day or two before my oldest daughter’s 16th birthday. She doesn’t care for cake, but she loves cheesecake, so I had given her the option this year of either buying her a classic New York Cheesecake, or we could make one together. She opted for the two of us to make one and this cookbook happened to have ...more
Jillyn
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
I've got to be honest, I'm super disappointed in this one. I picked it up because I used to live in Massachusetts, and I miss the food on the coast. This didn't deliver.

The recipes are sorted by course. Chapters include topics such as "The Art of the Appetizer", "Thirst Quenchers", and "The Joy of Salad". But, there's not always much meat to them, so to speak. Cheesecake, for example, has a whole chapter, but there's only two recipes in it. So, not much of a point there.

Let's talk about the goo
Connie
Jan 01, 2016 added it
I loved the little personal touches in this cookbook that gave me a glimpse into the author’s life. She has included bits and pieces about her travels, family life and the foods she loves and enjoys cooking. The recipes come with photos, so you can see what the food will look like.

The cookbook begins with a selection of cake recipes. I have to admit—cake is one of my favorite foods in the world. Judging by how quickly it vanishes from the staff rooms of the schools I work in, I think this senti
N.N. Light
What a fantastic regional cookbook! I love seafood and am always looking for creative ways to cook with it. Not only is this cookbook filled with delicious recipes but personal insight from the author as well.

I’ve tried a few of the recipes (those lobster cookies are super cute and delicious) and will try more once certain foods are in season.

If you’re looking for tried-and-true recipes that your family will love, even if they don’t care for seafood, give this cookbook a chance. Linda is deligh
Penmouse
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Leyla Johnson
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely retro feel book filled with simple basic recipes. Nothing really fancy but definitely a no-fail collection of sweets, fish meals and drinks. One recipe bought back memories of my childhood, when in summer, my grandfather would cut up a peach into his wine glass, let it soak and give us a wonderful refreshing slice each - evil. Linda adds sugar and other fruits with her adaptation, but I bet it is just as delicious. This is a very honest cookbook - it wont leave you disappointed.
This boo
Gabriella
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You can't go wrong with adding this book to your collection - a diverse range of recipes, accompanied by very sweet stories. From peach and pecan empanadas to avocado stuffed tomatoes to spinach and artichoke dip to biscotti - the recipes are creative and there is a true sense of a love for baking and cooking throughout !!!
Karin