Start by marking “The Thinking Person's Guide to Climate Change” as Want to Read:
The Thinking Person's Guide to Climate Change

The Thinking Person's Guide to Climate Change

Everybody can be a thinking person when it comes to climate change, and this book is a perfect roadmap.  Start a web search for climate change and the first three suggestions are facts, news, and hoax. The Thinking Person's Guide to Climate Change is rooted in the first, up to date on the second, and anything but the last. Produced by one of the most venerable atmospheric
Published October 15th 2015 by American Meteorological Society (first published August 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Thinking Person's Guide to Climate Change, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thinking Person's Guide to Climate Change

Start your review of The Thinking Person's Guide to Climate Change
Captain Sir Roddy, R.N. (Ret.)
An excellent and very understandable overview of the current state of climate science. I bought a copy of this for all of the employees in my office, and some have even read it.
Carl Ehnis
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The overwhelming scientific consensus is that climate change is happening, humans have contributed to rapidly heating global temperatures, and now the challenge is to make the necessary choices on a global basis to maintain the viability of the earth as an environment suitable for human habitation.

However, the science behind climate change is complex and difficult for a lay audience to comprehend. This book does an outstanding job of presenting the research and conclusions of leading climate
Adrian
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody, as we all need to do more to save our planet from ourselves.
A must read for anybody who is wanting to know more about how climate change is affecting our planet.

This book has been meticulously researched by the author and contains all the relevant facts and statistics to back-up the main argument of global warming.

So if you are looking for a book on climate change and how it is and will affect our planet in the future, then look no further than this book by Robert Henson. This book will surely open your eyes to what is happening around us, and provide
Mike Nesemann
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent book. Not a quick read -- he certainly seems to try and cover all the arguments against climate change. At over 450 pages it's very thorough and if you are just looking for a brief summation, this isn't your book. This book was recommended to me by a pair of climate specialists and if you want to delve deeply, this is the book. One thing I noted is that although it's relatively new (published 2014), parts have already been overtaken by events.
Connor Stack
Super comprehensive, yet very approachable. Even though it was 5 years old when I read it, I still found it very relevant.

I definitely recommend skimming most of it and digging into the sections you're most curious about. It would be nice to keep around as a reference (I rented it from the library).

Very appealing layout and graphic design. Succinct language.
Timothy Eric Robinson
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent intro to climate change

This book is well written, balanced, and comprehensive. It covers the subject from pretty much every angle -- the science, the politics, what you can do on a personal level. As someone new to climate activism, it was exactly the kind of book I was looking for.
Christy George
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this is the first "textbook" that I have ever read cover to cover, easily. It is written in an accessible, conversational style. The subject matter is interesting and terrifying. I'm really glad I was required to take this class. It has opened my eyes in a lot of ways and taught me so much.
Genie
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent primer on various areas surrounding climate change-- the science, the politics, the public policy. Very readable and understandable, as well. And I trust it and him because it is published by the American Meteorological Society. Highly recommend.
Madison Terry
Mar 10, 2020 rated it liked it
I had to read this for school so I mean I really don't have an opinion if I didn't like it or not. I guess I could say it helped me with my essay on climate change so.... yeah
Emilija ✨ Library of Butterflies
Very informative and important read!
Marty
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is a very thorough explanation of climate change. It covers the history (one of the first articles about global warming came out in 1950), the scientific facts, figures, evidence (too detailed for me to read), the controversy and how it became controversial (money, and the insistence of the media on balanced reporting even though there are very few anti-global warming scientists). My favorite part of the book is how the author counters all of the controversies and makes an indisputable ...more
Julie
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very good overview of the evidence for global climate change and its potential effects on the environment, animals, and people - with some tips on what people can do about it at the end. Environmental sociologists will enjoy reading about the history of climate politics - something I found a little tiresome. The section on climate science and models gives a basic sketch of the measurements and models underpinning the theory.
Joan
DNF. This book is so packed with information, delivered in such small print, that I am spending more effort on the reading than on absorbing the information. The information seems solid, based on numerous studies. It is just too dense for me to keep reading when I have so many other titles waiting to be read.
daniel chesley
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Published by the American Meteorological Society. The " Change" challenge to mankind and ramifications. Reads like textbook full of interesting and instructive graphs. Instruct yourself.
Howard Mansfield
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The best single-volume introduction to climate change that Ive come across. This guide does an excellent job explaining the science beyond this great crisis. Essential reading.

James Nance
Sep 28, 2019

• Drawdown: The Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming
  • Creation: How Science Is Reinventing Life Itself
  • The Uninhabitable Earth: Life After Warming
  • Waarom de wereld niet naar de knoppen gaat
  • Oogklepdenken
  • More from Less: The Surprising Story of How We Learned to Prosper Using Fewer Resources—and What Happens Next
  • Populism: A Very Short Introduction
  • Origins: How Earth's History Shaped Human History
  • Triomf van de Verschroeide Aarde (Trilogie over de 100 jarige oorlog, #2)
  • Waarom iedereen altijd gelijk heeft
  • Seeds of Science: Why We Got It So Wrong on GMOs
  • De ongelovige Thomas heeft een punt
  • Hoera! De democratie is niet perfect
  • The Drunkard's Walk: How Randomness Rules Our Lives
  • Irrationality
  • Six Degrees
  • The Dawn of Detroit: A Chronicle of Slavery and Freedom in the City of the Straits
  • A Distant Mirror:  The Calamitous 14th Century