Start by marking “Omnilogos (Omnilogos, #1)” as Want to Read:
Omnilogos (Omnilogos, #1)

Omnilogos

(Omnilogos #1)

“I am a collector of hopes and peregrine truths, a shepherd of thoughts, ideas, projects and dreams too important not to be realized. I’m an abstract concept that has no body, no smell, no boundaries, no shape and no color.
I am the Omnilogos.”

So it is forged, a Science Fiction saga that gave birth to a legend, a tale about the life of a man with one project that will chan
Paperback, 1st Edition, Extended Edition, 246 pages
Published October 2015 by Michele Amitrani (first published December 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Omnilogos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Omnilogos

Alyssa Janine Busia
Omnilogos is an extremely unique and extraordinarily intriguing story I’ve read this year.

This is a collection of stories of Wei Wang where on every part or chapter, another character was introduced and from there, it will be told on how Wei will be part of that’s person life. He is trying to do a project and to fund it, he needs a lot of connection and help that he will get through the help of the people he will meet on the story. What those people don’t know is that Wei’s project will foreve
Esther
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books, giveaway
Thanks to the author and Goodreads for hosting a Giveaway for this book.

I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway and I do believe that if you sign up for Giveaways, you should read and review the book at least. I really thought I was going to give the book 3 stars, but the final chapters convinced me to give it 4 stars. Not sure if I will continue the series, I do think this book would be better as a standalone.

A longer review can be found at Bite Into Books

A nice Sci-Fi book that is easy and qui
David Baird
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was a complete mystery to me when I started it, the synopsis doesn’t give away much..

What I read turned out to be a well-crafted story revolving around Wei. He’s the Omnilogos. He’s special.. he knows a lot.. and knows how to get answers he needs. He’s also very adept at changing the course of the future using his skills.

After the first few chapters I was still a little lost as to what the plot of the story was but I stuck to it… and I’m glad I did. What I initially rated at 3/5 stars
Kellie
Omnilogos was an interesting read. Even though I had read the blurb, I still wasn't quite sure what to expect. But I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed reading this!

This is a story that takes place over several years. There is a chapter or two for each period (the number of years between the periods can vary). At first, these constant jumps were a little confusing, because I couldn't see the cohesive link between the affairs that happened in each period. Often, new characters are int
Omnilogos is one of those books that is so hard to review because you really have to read it to begin to understand what it's about.

Wei Wang is the Omnilogos.

"Tiago had heard of what some called the 'human database' or 'omnilogos', but nothing could have prepared him for this."

The story begins with a six-year-old Wei and ends with a twenty-five-year-old Wei so it covers a lot of time and it was one of the things that kind of frustrated me. I understand that to be able to accomplish what Wei was
Rafael Ray (The Royal Polar Bear Reads)
You can find my book review here too: https://theroyalpolarbearreads.wordpr...

I am the Omnilogos.”

This book is a legen-fucking-dary genius. It’s fucking amazing. It’s so good that it envelops my mind, changes my perspective on things and it stimulates my brain. It is an inte
Franz de Guzman
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am the Omnilogos.”

Eccentric, peculiar, every word that connects to being weird and mysterious, I shall apply to describe this book. It talks about you, who has been given a gift. How would you use this gift?

An ultra-genius boy journeyed the world, found its core, reshaped i
Steeve
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like watching a movie through sunglasses

An interesting story, Although it read a bit like a summary, which was a shame - You can tell it has depth and treasures to be explored, but all you can see is the surface, like watching a movie through sunglasses.
Queen Soleil
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
rating: 5stars

it's so annoying when goodreads do this. i typed in a LONG, A REALLY LONG review then nothing came out.

omnilogos is a really good book - it's a must read! it's so good i can readily have my kids read this and i am sure they'd love this as well.

it's just sad that i don't have book 2 yet as there's no available english book (yet) so i am hoping to have the chance to read not just book2 but the rest of the books in this series as i know it will be AWESOME!

even if avalon is so eeek for
Erica
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I find it difficult to write a review for this book without spoiling the story.
I found the main character, Wei Wang, very intriguing. He's a super genius who is fascinated by space and dedicates his life to his vision.
I particularly liked how the author described all the characters. He has a knack for vivid decriptions, and this is perhaps what I most enjoyed during the read.
I'd be very interested in reading Omnilogos #2.
Alessandro Amitrani
“L'Onniologo” è il racconto di un ragazzo, del suo dono e del suo sogno. “L'Onniologo,” tuttavia, è anche il racconto di idee, di scelte e di un dibattito epocale che potrebbe presto diventare realtà nella nostra società, e potrebbe portarci ad affrontare un argomento delicato che ci sovrasta in tutti i sensi: l'esplorazione dello spazio.

L'adolescenza di Wei Wang, il ragazzo attorno a cui ruota lo svolgimento temporale del racconto, è solo un pretesto per raccontare una storia più grande, un mon
Dale
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Omnilogos Extended Edition by Michele Amitrani

Wei Wang was present at the launch of the last space shuttle, the Atlantis, in 2011. There was something just a bit off about Wei. Maybe it was the intense gaze of his almond shaped eyes. Maybe it was the face that his intelligence went beyond all methods of measurement. But once you met him, you never forgot it. Nor did he.

At eight, Wei was writing scientific equations that were beyond many of his teachers. Then he met Evangeline Layia Eleanor. This
Alessandro Amitrani
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Omnilogos" is the story of a boy, of his gift and his dream. "Omnilogos", however, is also the story of ideas, choices and a global debate that could become real in our society, leading us to face the delicate issue of the space exploration.

The story of Wei Wang, the boy who is the main character of the book, is strictly intertwined with the story of the devolopment of our world. A world that not only our children, but even ourselves could be able to see acquiring shape in the next few years. "
Jackson
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Omnilogos was one of the first Fantasy novels I've read in quite some time; as I usually steer towards Non-fiction. I must say I was thoroughly pleased with my decision to read this book!

At first I despised Wei with his disdainful treatment of others at a young age and quite frankly thought he was just a brat. As I continued to read I fell more and more in love with him and came to see him as an inspiration. In fact, I like that I didn't like him at first because it made my desire for someone l
Laura Ruetz
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is not a book that you read through quickly. If you do, you will likely get lost and all the wonderful details will escape your notice. I will warn readers that this book reads like a series of short stories, but linked stories, through one central character, a child savant, Wei. The format, told as a collection of stories can be a little jarring, as one story may not immediately seem as if it is a natural follow up to the last, but I promise you, all will come to together in the end. This ...more
Ailyn
Dec 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Even though the story is extensively researched and intensely debated, I have to admit that I had struggled reading Omnilogos. From page one, I know that the author's writing style is not one that I am comfortable with. Too many cryptic hints before a reveal, too many words to show a point. This is not even Dicken's style, which I loathed, this is just trying to make the characters sounds smart, but in actual fact, once you read properly, boils down to ineffective use of words.

As Wei moves towa
I originally read Omnilogos back in February so this is my second time reading thanks to Michele's kind offer to let me review the extended edition. This review is kind of a mashup of my original and what I thought after rereading.

I enjoyed Omnilogos more the second time around. I think having read it before I was better prepared to keep up with the different characters and stories and especially for Wei's quirks but it will always be one of those books that you have to read for yourself to begi
Carol-Ann
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wei Wang is an extremely gifted child with a brilliant mind. As he grows, so his intelligence increases. Wei Lang has a dream, to build a space elevator that will inexpensively allow everyone to go to space. To build this, Wei must first make money, which he does by promising to answer question correctly within 10 seconds. He calls himself the Omnilogos, Eventually he gathers businesses together, none aware of the other, to generate even more income for his project. There is of course opposition ...more
Steve
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Michele contacted me and asked if I would be so kind as to read his book and write a review. After the first few pages I knew I had a quality book before me. His style of writing was at times a little confusing. I found myself rereading a few pages and paragraphs throughout the book. I could have been in another time and place, not catching the meaning because I was several pages back, in my mind, gathering what had been written and putting into the context of the present page. This is Michele' ...more
Giovanni
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Altra bella serie di fantascienza che ti lascia addosso curiosità, voglia di vedere come va a finire.
Michele Amitrani si dimostra un buon selfpublisher, all'altezza di tanti altri buoni scrittori, ti accompagna nella storia mano nella mano attraverso luoghi nuovi, attraverso situazioni che sanno davvero di futuro come una buona serie di fantascienza deve fare. Si crea questa figura misteriosa dell'Onniologo che tutto sa e che ha dei progetti, incontra personaggi e ci interagisce per realizzare u
Charity
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For full review please go to: 5girlsbookreviews.blogspot.com, Twitter @camartinez and Facebook "5 Girls Book Reviews"

REVIEW BY: Angel, age 13 years, 2 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This is definitely an original, nail-biting read!

This book was fascinating with all the characters, twists and the extremely well-written plot.

Omnilogos is about a 21st century Einstein, named Wei Wang. Ever since Wei was a little boy, he wanted to make a difference in the world by bringing science fiction to life. In t
Crystal Rafuse
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I really have to say I had trouble getting where this book was going the way the chapters jump from character to character, but once you get it, you get it! I now consider myself a Hyperist if ever there was one! This book was amazing, gripping, disturbing, and thoughtful, all at once! The characters are all very mysterious and quirky, but incredibly easy to become attached to! I am still stunned by the ending, and CANNOT wait to see what happens in the next book! Well done, Mr. Amitrani! W ...more
Thadeus
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, read-2016
FULL REVIEW TO COME.
Erika (The Nocturnal Fey)
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 Nooooooo! I need the second book! 😭
Aldii - perfectioninbooks
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
*3.75/5 stars* It's difficult for me to rate this book, 4 stars I feel too much but 3 stars not enough, 3.5 seems good but it's a bit more so here we are with 3.75, I'm too complicated? Maybe...

Discussion post will be done when I post this review in my blog (perfectioninbooks.wordpress.com) it will be for all people who want to join me in a few days! (You don't need to read this book to participate!)

The Writing:
This book was different. We read from many POVs from different characters through th
Professoressa Di marzio
L’Onniologo è un romanzo straordinariamente originale che si legge tutto d’un fiato. Fin dall’inizio stimola la fantasia e la curiosità del lettore anche perché non segue uno schema lineare, ma presenta quadri diversi e scene in cui si intrecciano le vite di diversi personaggi, le cui esistenze sono legate in una misteriosa ragnatela tessuta dal protagonista.
Il piccolo Wei si guadagna immediatamente la simpatia del lettore, mentre tutti gli altri personaggi ruotano intorno a lui come i pianeti i
Liquid Frost
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
The story is engaging and the translation into English is pretty damn good. It may take several pages to get into the groove. For the most part, I was entertained with Wei Wang's story. Actually, I would read that name in my most terrible fake-Irish accent and get a chuckle. Admit it, you just did, too.

Although the story ultimately centers around Wang at various stages of his life, there are an abundance of characters living the story. Personally, I highly enjoyed Wang (Yes I just typed that) wh
Paige Turner
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review posted on Between Reality

How many of you have heard “Bye Bye Love” by the Everly Brothers? The ending of Omnilogos reminded me of the chorus lyrics, “…Bye bye love, bye bye sweet caress, hello emptiness / I feel like I could die…”

I wanted to enjoy Omnilogos…and I did! I received a sample from Amitrani so that I could decide if I wanted to continue reading the book and I’m glad that I was given such an opportunity. But do I still have complaints? Well…I’m afraid so.

Omnilogos lacked charac
Paige Turner
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it

I wanted to enjoy Omnilogos …and I did! I received a sample from Amitrani so that I could decide if I wanted to continue reading the book and I’m glad that I was given such an opportunity. But do I still have complaints? Well…I’m afraid so.

Omnilogos lacked characters. Now, there were obviou
Chiara
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amo leggere da sempre.
Il motivo principale di questa passione è che quando comincio a leggere un libro mi teletrasporto virtualmente all'interno della storia e del mondo descritti. Mi immedesimo nei personaggi, nelle loro storie e emozioni; e di conseguenza il resto del mondo intorno a me cessa di esistere per un pò ( inclusi i pensieri e le preoccupazioni della vita di tutti i giorni).
Amo questa sensazione, ma sfortunatamente non tutti i libri sono in grado di coinvolgermi in questo modo.
ONNIOL
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Prophecy of the Setting Sunrise (Oracle of Delphi, #2)
  • Lover, Divine (Mythos: Gods & Lovers #1)
  • The Flash Gold Boxed Set, Chronicles I-III
  • Pig, Crane, Fox (Lóng City, #0.5)
  • In the Blood
  • Mistress of the Wind
  • Savor (Vicious Feast, #1)
  • Bloodrush (The Scarlet Star Trilogy #1)
  • The Waking Dreamer (The Waking Dreamer, #1)
  • Love Me (The Trust Me Trilogy, #2)
  • Adam
  • The Evil And The Pure
  • Far Beyond the Stars
  • Nordic Fairies, Part 2: Freja
  • Resurgence (Heritage Universe, #5)
  • The Wind Whisperer
  • The Blade of Ahtol (Sapling, #1)
  • To Shape the Dark

ENG

Michele Amitrani is a self-published author living in beautiful British Columbia. He has grown up writing of falling empires, space battles, mortal betrayals, monumental decisions and everything in between.

He now spends his days traveling through time and space and, more often than not, writing about impossible but necessary worlds.

Omnilogos is Michele’s debut novel and the prologue of an actio

Omnilogos (3 books)
  • Pelargonium (Onniologo, #2)
  • Dominio (Onniologo, #3)
“Only people can change people” 2 likes