Start by marking “Misty Hollow” as Want to Read:
Misty Hollow

Misty Hollow

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Molly Cambridge arrives in the tiny Appalachian town of Misty Hollow intent upon bringing literacy to the area's uneducated women, only to be met by opposition at every turn by the headstrong, unbending mayor. When she asks for use of Town Hall, he refuses her offer to teach without pay and turns her down flat saying he only allows village business conducted there.
Joel Gre
Published September 9th 2015 by Helping Hands Press

To ask other readers questions about Misty Hollow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misty Hollow

Melissa
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Misty Hollow is a sweet romance story set in the Appalachians.
Touching elements dealing with overcoming illiteracy and the real reasons why it might continue in today's world. The relationship between Molly and Joel is heartwarming, and Molly's faith journey is realistic and was incorporated in the story well so that it didn't feel tacked on but very authentic.
Some of the situations were less realistic and over the top (like Molly's father's reaction to Joel), but overall this is a solid story
Melissa Henderson
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story of determination and love. Learning to read as an adult can be difficult. Continuing even through obstacles, the characters learn to trust God's plan for their lives. This is a story that touches the heart of the reader. I received a copy of this book and this is my own personal honest opinion. No review was required.
Anne Campbell
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
June Foster has a unique way of writing. You can easily see into her heart as well as the souls of the characters in her books through her novels. I gratefully count her as my friend (one of my best blessings!), and I'm so very glad she's chosen to write about the sometimes difficult subjects.

Molly Cambridge has accepted her first teaching engagement in the place her parents used to live, in Misty Hollow in the Appalachian Mountains, a place where people have a deep respect for God and their nei
Linda
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Book

I love reading about the Appalachian people and their way of life. This was a good story, but I wish the characters were a little more, realistic, and not so predictable. But overall, I did enjoy this book and would recommend it.
Elizabeth
Sep 27, 2016
Becky Smith
Oct 08, 2017
J. Nemeth
Mar 30, 2018
I'm a retired teacher turned author and live with my husband in Alabama. I began writing in January 2010 while sailing down the freeway in our RV. To date I have 4 books with Desert Breeze Publishing and one with WhiteFire Publishing. My novella Red and the Wolf based on the fairy tale Little Red Riding Hood came out in March 2014. I love to tell stories of flawed character who overcome the strugg ...more