Start by marking “The Presence of Grace (Love and Loss, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Presence of Grace (Love and Loss, #2)

The Presence of Grace

(Love and Loss #2)

Devon Roberts was familiar with loss. He’d lost his wife and, in a way, he’d lost himself. Moving through life with two kids, doing everything he could to make life good again for his son and daughter, meant romance was the last thing on his mind.

Until he saw her.

Again.

She was the first person to make him feel as though loving someone else wouldn’t be wrong.

Even though he
Published November 29th 2016

Olga therebelreader
3.75/5 stars

Heartwrenching is just about the only word that can accurately describe The Presence of Grace.

If you've read the synopsis, you will have gathered the basics of the storyline but you need to actually read the book to garner the romance between Grace and Devon and the wonderful relationship that blossoms between Grace and his two children.

The tension between the h and the H is not the greatest, but you do really feel their emotions and their pain in regards to lost family and betraya
1-Click Addict Support Group
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Grace, on paper, was perfect. But Grace, pulled apart, examined, identified, classified, quantified, and studied was whatever came after that. Something unnamed, because no one, aside from me, had taken time with her. But I would."

This book comes on the heels of one of my all time favorite reads. Having loved The Absence of Olivia I opened this book with equal parts excitement and trepidation. Would it meet my high expectations? Could I possibly love it as much? The answer was a resounding,
Elizabeth Neal
Nov 16, 2016 rated it liked it
**3.5 Stars**

Devon and Grace met under unusually emotional circumstances, though they never exchanged names. Grace, an elementary school teacher, is leaving the building after parent-teacher conferences and notices a man  in the midst of a heartbreaking struggle. She learns he's finished a conference regarding his daughter, Ruby, and it's the first one since losing his wife a few months ago. Grace offers condolences and support as much as she can, knowing nothing can ease the man's pain. They pa
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
***4.5 Stars

The Presence of Grace is the second book in the Love and Loss series. It can be read as a standalone but I recommend reading The Absence of Olivia because it is amazing. It will also give you a better understanding of Devon and Evelyn's friendship. It's both beautiful and heartbreaking. I have been reading Annie's books from the very beginning and she is one of my all-time favorite authors and once again she wrote a beautiful story that inspires.

It's been three years since Devon lo
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
The emotions in this book were both heartbreaking and uplifting. This was such a charming story with so many feels. A story about two lost people who thought they would never find love again.

Devon is a widower with two kids who mean everything to him. After his wife passed away, he put them first. He made changes so they would always feel loved and secured. Along the way he put his needs asides. Romance had no place in his life or heart. It seemed like it never would be.

Grace was recovering fr
Emma bramley
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
this is definitely an emotional read. This is the second book in the series but can be read as a stand alone. This is a story about two people finding love when they didn't think it was possible. In my opinion I would definitely read “the presence of Olivia” first before reading this one. This book has amazing characters an d a very well written story. I cant wait to read more from this author in the future.

Highly recommended
I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book
Michele
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars. The ending should of been around 60% so that part of the story was read a little longer. Otherwise I enjoyed the love between Grace and Devon.
Jennie
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I think I would have enjoyed this story more if I hadn't read the first book. Knowing the MC in the first book, its hard to reconcile his actions then with the guy in this story. Its like history has been re-written.
Jackie Rogers
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is he sequel to the Absence of Olivia. This the love story of Devon and Grace. Is a sweet story of two hurting people finding each other. Is story of hurting children. Is a story of hope. Enjoy
Becca
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Anie Michaels triumphantly delivers a breathtakingly poignant novel of living with loss and learning to love again with Devon and Grace’s story in The Presence of Grace. Filled with the kind of overwhelming emotion and unquestionable chemistry I’ve come to adore from this author, this is one journey you won’t soon forget. From the start, Devon and Grace captivated me with their familiar heartache and inexplicable connection and I found myself instantly invested in their happily ever after. Both ...more
Amy Shelton
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Have you ever read a book where the MALE lead was crying, a soul shattering cry? Well I sure haven’t and my favorite thing about this book was the beginning and there were so many parts that could easily be a favorite. The emotions were dripping from each page and were genuine, true, and heavy. They were absolutely beautiful!

The author has absolutely written another gem. This book, front cover to back cover, is perfection at its finest. The story isn’t quite your normal romance story. Inste
Julie Reveles (ILST BLOG)
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

4.5 Stars!

"My family was stitched together in the most beautiful way, and Grace was the thread that held us all together."

Too bad I didn't realize this was a book 2 before I started reading it. I think getting the background from book 1 would have been good, but I still really enjoyed The Presence of Grace. I guess I will just have to go back and read, The Absence of Olivia, to get the full story. Besides, I wouldn't mind being able to read more about Devon. Just one book with him just isn't e
Naughty Book Blog
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 ALL-THE-FEELS-STARS!
First of all, I think technically you could read this book as a standalone, but I wouldn't recommend it. I highly recommend you read The Absence of Olivia first. Partly due to the fact that you will learn so much about Devon, Evie and his deceased wife Olivia, but mostly because it's just so good you don't want to miss out!

I totally fell in love with Devon in The Absence of Olivia, and my heart was broken for him at the end of that book. My heart just seems to have this aff
Diane plourde
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Devon was first introduced and played an important role in The Absence of Olivia. But rest assured that the 5 star story of The Presence of Grace can easily be read as a standalone. Of course in order to optimize this marvellous journey, grab it and enjoy it.

Devon became a widow at a young age. He was not prepared for that, but he needs to fill the role of father/mother to his children. Now this story is fast forwarded 3 years.
Grace is his son's teacher. They connect on so many levels but G
Keena Knisley
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review. I have been reading Anie's books ever since she published her first one, and have happily watched her talent and depth grow with each book she writes. She is a writer that sure knows how to get to the deep down feelings in your heart, and draws you into her stories as if you are there! The Presence of Grace (TPOG) is no exception! Technically, this is book 2 in the Love and Loss Series, but each book can easily be read as a stand-alone, as the ...more
Wit & Wonder Books
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

This is the second book this week for me where I had wished I’d read the prior book first. Although ‘The Presence of Grace’ by Anie Michaels is a standalone, I believe that it would have made the journey you take with Grace and Devon that much more beautiful.

After losing his wife Devon relocates his two children to Florida to be closer to his parents. The three of them settle in nicely, but Devon closes himself off - making his children his pr
Lily Garcia
4.5 stars! ARC review!

If you've read The Absence of Olivia , then you were probably waiting (dying) for Devon's story as much as I was.

In The Absence of Olivia, we met Devon, a recent widow, and his two kids: Jax and Ruby. You do not need to read TAOO, but if you want to get a better understanding of the characters mentioned above then I suggest you do.

I was looking forward to Devon's story and it was definitely worth the wait. It was an emotional read; It had me crying, laughing and smiling.
Jenni Sears sparks
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am a Anie Michaels fan. I have enjoyed all of her books and the Presence of Grace is no exception. If you are contemplating reading this book, I highly recommend it. Although it can be read as a stand alone, you will get more out of the story emotionally if you read The Absence of Olivia first. So get both, cuddle up on the couch and enjoy two wonderful stories!

May contain a spoiler.

When I finished the Absence of Olivia, I understood but never fully excepted that Evie couldn't be with Devon. I
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing continuation to The Absence Of Olivia!
Devon is a widower raising 2 children alone. Grace is a divorced teacher trying to get over her past. Grace was the first person that ever made Devon feel like he could possibly move on after losing his wife Olivia to cancer. Grace was doubtful that she could ever find anyone that would love her because of her faults. But together they felt complete and at ease.
Devon had his faults in the first book, but in this book you see what a sweet,
Whitney Mcgregor (A Literary Perusal)
I've been wanting Devon's story ever since The Absence of Olivia was released! The hot, single dad wasn't always the most lovable character but it was easy to forgive because of his past. The loss of his wife and complete upheaval of his life would cause any man pain and confusion.

I cried at the beginning of this book and it started off on great footing. Devon immediately garners sympathy and Grace is a great heroine from the first time we meet her. A schoolteacher with a past, her gentleness an
Stacie Christensen
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Until he saw her.

Again.

Even though he thought his loss was the greatest, he never could have fathomed she might have had more slip through her fingers.

He’d fought
Charity
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Presence Of Grace is the second book in the Love and Lose Series. It can also be read as a standalone. However I recommend reading The Absence Of Olivia first. This is Devon and Grace's story. Their story is told in dual point of view, which I love. It gives the story so much more depth. Devon and Grace have both loved and lost. They are drawn together by fate. I fell in love with both of them. In the Absence Of Olivia, Devon was not my favorite person. However, he quickly won my heart in th ...more
Crystal Lackey
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As an avid reader and a fan of all of Anie Michaels' work, I was more than eager to read The Presence of Grace.
I fell in love with Devon's story in The Absence of Olivia and practically stalked Anie's Facebook hoping for any news of the sequel.

The Presence of Grace is a stand alone novel (but so so much better after reading The Absence of Olivia). It's the next chapter in Devon's story and takes place years after the death of his beloved wife Olivia. This novel is REAL. It will make you feel a
PFL
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books from Anie Michaels is In the Absence of Olivia so I was thrilled when she wrote The Presence of Grace to tell Devon's story.

It is three years since Olivia has passed away and Devon begins a relationship with Grace, his youngest child's teacher.

They both have their own baggage and are working through their demons; Devon overcoming the death of Olivia and Grace a bitter ex.

Loved the story and how Devon and Grace were so honest which each other and how their relationship
Janet
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Devon was a great father. He had to be. He lost his wife. He had to do what is best for his children. I was sad that he and Evie didn't work out, but he needed to spend the time with his kids, to find out the type of family they would now become. What a twist of fate when he and his sons teacher remember seeing each other in the past.

I don't think there has been a book written by Anie that I haven't been a fan of. This books takes you through the sadness of loss, the health of healing, and the e
Liz
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
In the Presence of Grace we meet Devon and Grace. Devon lost his wife years ago and has made his children his first priority. He cared and loved them with all he can. Finding love again never entered his mind.

Grace thought all her dreams were over. Starting over, she decided to put all her efforts into being a teacher and put all thoughts of love and family aside.

Then one day their lives collide, again, and they decide there might just be something there. But can they give love a chance with s
Rachel Humphries
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Love & Loss series & though each book can be read as a standalone I would highly recommend reading The Absence of Olivia to help understand the characters & the back story.

The Absence of Olivia was my favourite Anie Michaels book & I loved Devon's story just as much. The relationship between him & Grace was just amazing & I liked that they didn't rush into a relationship but took the time to get to know each other. There was no need for desc
Theresa Alberts
Nov 12, 2016 rated it liked it
The Presence of Grace is a story about moving on in the face of tragedy. Grace and Devon meet by chance on night and don't encounter each other again for three years, which many would say is fate.

Devon is now a single father of two children and for the first time he is interested in a women for more than a date. Devon begins to date Grace and navigating fatherhood and dating isn't easy.

Grace and Devon have many obstacles but they also have such amazing triumphs that this story will have you lau
Tanya
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Where to start.....it wasn't that I disliked Devon in book 1. He was a man who had lost his wife, raising 2 kids and his "reality" was blurred. Here we are 3 years later life has moved on and "reality" isn't as blurred anymore. Grace at some points aggravated me but when I stopped and actually thought about this woman and her situation I realized that maybe she could be this "neurotic" about what I thought were stupid insecurities. Unlike book 1 I didn't cry but I did smile and laugh along with ...more
sandra dupree
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!! This book was such an awesome read. I loved everything about it and would read it again. I loved the story of how they first met 3 years ago and the fact that she remembered him. I know this is a stand all book but to get a clear picture you should read the first one.

I loved how Grace was with the kids and was always willing to help with them when needed. They took to her very well for sure. It was also great to read how Devon and Grace grew their relationship also. Awesome job for sure
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Lessons of the Past
  • Miracle (Pagano Family, #6)
  • In the Wind
  • Renewing Hope (In Your World, #2)
  • Forgotten Yesterday (These Days, #2)
  • 120 days...
  • The Beast Within (Conversion, #5)
  • Seasons of Sorrow
  • Entangled (Fullerton Family Saga, #2)
  • Roses in Winter: An Extraordinary Journey of Love
  • Steady as the Snow Falls
  • Cole (The Leaves, #2)
  • American Hellhound (Dartmoor, #6)
  • A Taylor-Made Life (Taylor-Made, #1)
  • Sometimes Moments (Sometimes Moments, #1)
  • Wings Over Poppies (Over, #2)
  • Euphoria (The Thornfield Affair #1)
  • The Other Brother Part 2: Taboo
Anie Michaels is the author of the Never series, the Private serial, the Love and Loss series, the With a Kiss series, and stand-alone novels The Space Between Us and Instead of You. She started writing her first novel in June 2013 and hasn’t looked back since. Working at home as a full-time writer of books, when she is not pounding on the keyboard she can be found reading, playing with her kids, ...more

Love and Loss (2 books)
  • The Absence of Olivia (Love and Loss, #1)