Start by marking “Blood in the Shadows” as Want to Read:
Blood in the Shadows

Blood in the Shadows

(The Forgotten Divinity #1)

Two dark worlds...One night that will change their lives forever...Where evil lurks, only goodness can prevail.

Acclaimed author Kristy Centeno, and Bestselling author of The Star Child series, Stephanie Keyes, bring you two stories "Shadows" and "The Boy In The Trees" that prove love and light can overcome the pain and shadows. With secrets hidden in the night, and dangero
Published November 4th 2015 by Inkspell Publishing (first published November 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Blood in the Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood in the Shadows

Start your review of Blood in the Shadows
Sharon
Blood in the Shadows contains two paranormal novellas: Shadows by Kristy Centeno and The Boy in the Trees by Stephanie Keyes. Both contain otherworldly creatures and female main characters whose naivete threatens their very existence, so the inclusion of the two stories in one book makes sense.

Shadows features Daya Myers, a hunter of supernatural creatures who faces her biggest challenge to date. When Daya begins to question how her past fits into her present reality, will she find the answers s
Tracey
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
This is a book of two halves, it has 2 stories by two different authors. I only read the first story by Kristy Centeno and I really enjoyed it. The story is a prequel to the book Midnight, which I am diving straight into next. It features two long lost lovers who have been separated and had their memories taken away - or have they?

I found this an intriguing prequel looking forward to Midnight.
Rebecca Austin
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-magic
This book contains two stories both of which are dark stories that leave you wanting more.

1) Shadows by Kristy Centeno

Dana Myers is a hunter that goes after Supernaturals. Soon she finds herself being hunted and when she ends up with Mason McNeill she must decide if she can trust him with her life. Will he deliver her soul to evil or help her discover why she is being hunted?

This was a great introduction that left me wanting more. I thought Dana was kick-ass and I am seriously curious on why she
Annie
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was my first experience reading both Ms Centeno and Ms Keyes' writing and holy wow! I will certainly be reading more by both of them.
Shadows is full of fast paced action, supernatural creatures, cosmic destiny, and a smidge of romance. Daya's a kick ass heroine and Mason does well as the mysterious man we want to know more about. The ending is a cliff hanger so I'm dying for the next installment of their story. Highly recommended for fans of Supernatural.
The Boy In The Trees is a deli
Tracey Wood
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is an anthology and has two stories within it. The first written by Kristy Centeno is based around Daya, who is a hunter of creatures of the night. She meets the mysterious, Mason and finds herself in a situation where she has to put her trust in a stranger. This story leaves you with a cliff-hanger which left the story lacking.
The second story is the better of the two. It’s called ‘The boy in the trees’ and is based around a young girl named Jemma who for years drew pictures of a you
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of 2 Girls Who Love Books Blog
This was my first book by this author. I am certain it won't be the last.
Blood in the shadows picked my interest from the beginning of book one til the end of book 2.
Each story has its on unique touch that will certainly have you wanting more.
I enjoyed the first book more than the second. I am a fan of YA but it didn't peek my interest as much as the first one.
It wasn't anything the author did per se.
Both stories were good.
I would love to read mor
United Indie Book Blog
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shadows is a fast paced paranormal novella. I was a little confused at times but you get a lot of information and action thrown at you. Daya and Mason both interest me and the story is unique enough for me to want to find out what happens next.

review by Raychel
Stephanie Keyes
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kristy Centeno
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Samantha
Sep 26, 2020
Susan
Oct 05, 2020
Trynity
rated it did not like it
Feb 24, 2021
Aug 28, 2017
Louise Hankerson Wilbon
Sep 27, 2017

• The Runaway Breeder
  • Loving Angel (Divisa, #4)
  • Tell Me to Go (Tell Me, #2)
  • Tell Me to Stay
  • Tell Me to Stop
  • Tell Me to Run
  • Tell me to Fight
  • Tell Me to Lie (Tell Me #6)
  • Chasing Angel (Divisa, #3)
  • Hate Thy Neighbor
  • Keeping the Pieces
  • Hunting Angel (Divisa, #2)
  • The Upside of Falling
  • Challenge Accepted
  • Untamed (Unbeautiful, #2)
  • Unbeautiful (Unbeautiful, #1)
  • Riley Thorn and the Dead Guy Next Door
  • Things We Know by Heart
Kristy Centeno loves to spin tales of creatures that go bump in the night, with a sprinkle of romance to top them off. Her passion for writing stems from a lifelong enjoyment of reading and the pleasure derived from the magical worlds created by authors like her. She prefers her female leads strong, independent, and stubborn who will stop at nothing to save their loved ones and protect those they ...more

News & Interviews