Start by marking “She Calls Me Daddy: Seven Things Every Man Needs to Know About Building a Complete Daughter” as Want to Read:

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  143 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Football, toy trains, Erector sets . . . most fathers can relate to having a son. But what's a dad to do when he's invited for imaginary tea? Robert Wolgemuth's "She Calls Me Daddy" relates all the wonderful times that are waiting to be had for fathers with some special little ladies-their daughters. Focusing on seven things every man should know about raising a girl, it c ...more
Published March 31st 1999 by Focus on the Family Publishing (first published July 14th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about She Calls Me Daddy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She Calls Me Daddy

يافا by نبال قندسPlease Don't Tell My Parents I Blew Up The Moon by Richard  RobertsThe Shard by Ted Crossريب المنون by إياد عبدالرحمنFidelity by Douglas Wilson
141 books — 13 voters
Embracing the Love of God by James Bryan SmithOffbeat Love Stories and More by Jennifer K. LaffertyThe Good and Beautiful Community by James Bryan SmithThe Good and Beautiful Life by James Bryan SmithThe Good and Beautiful God by James Bryan Smith
2012 Musts 2
101 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Dec 25, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Dads of daughters
For a father of two boys suddenly confronted with a cute little girl, this book provides the opposite perspective from Bringing Up Boys. Lots of enlightenment here.
Charlie Keller
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
wonderful book. Every dad should read this no matter how old his daughter is!
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Title: She Calls Me Daddy

Author: Robert Wolgemuth

The book was about: This book was about the seven things that every man must know about raising and “building” a complete daughter. Robert Wolgemuth frames each chapter as if he was a carpenter or construction worker and was building a daughter. I liked this approach because it was his attempt at connecting to his audience that would be reading the book. The book goes through the basics of raising a daughter, but also goes through some specific ex
Apr 10, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fathers of daughters
Recommended to Shan by: Dave Ramsey
All fathers worry about how to raise their daughters, mainly because a) we don't know what it's like to be a girl, and b) we know all too well what it's like to be a boy, and that scares the life out of us. It's good to come across people like Robert Wolgemuth who have successful experience bringing up tiny humans of the female persuasion.

His advice is sound, and not really all that creative, but I appreciate that. In a world where wrong is right and parental duties are shifting to governmental
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was very thrilled to get a copy of this book as it has been around for quite some time and I was thrilled to get my own copy to give to my husband to prepare him for the day when we have little girls of our own.
This book certainly did not disappoint and I felt that it was many of thing that my own Father did for my sister and I that helped make him such a great Dad.I do believe that this was a book that my Father owned and read,which makes sense.:)
I highly recommend this book and think it woul
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
I wanted to like this book more than I did. I did find several small things that I could tweak in my reading, however I didn't find anything really that out of the ordinary of what you would find in another parenting book.

The book is an easy read, nothing difficult, the information is good. I would say there are plenty of stories to illustrate, however, often, the author never gives us the ending of the story, something I found quite frustrating (the other shoe never dropped). All in all, I woul
Jun 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
"Seven Things Every Man Needs to Know About Building a Complete Daughter" is the subtitle. That pretty much sums up the book. It was a fairly basic read on what seemed to be basic parenting skills, but specifically for the daddy-daughter relationship. One pretty useful part of the book were the end of chapter "Builder's Checklist" that were bullet points of the bigger topics in the chapter. Those also had actionable ideas in a format that men - generally being task oriented - could put to good u ...more
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: junk-drawer
Sorry, but this book is weak - long on stories, short on Scripture. I think the only time the Bible even came into play was in the chapter on "faith." Most of the parenting advice was basic stuff that applies to kids of both sexes. I don't know; maybe I'm barking up the wrong book. This just wasn't what I was looking for. If you have any recommendations of a more Bible-rich book in this area, I'd love to hear about it!
Heather Braoudakis
This is a great book for any man of daughter(s) from birth through teenage years. It's so unique now that the author’s girls are grown that it's been updated from his new perspective and they have given input! It was a great book already and now has this new perspective and a lot of new material. Our girls need this Godly foundation with their Dad's in our world today! This is invaluable for Dads to build the strong relationships with their girls that will set them up to face the world.
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very practical and not overly complicated.
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian
A book targeted at my gender
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a book for obviously for dad's but I found it was still relevant to me as the mom of a girl. There are a lot of really, really good tips in this book.
Apr 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-living
A book that every daughter's dad should read. Practical parenting tips and solid reminders from a Biblical perspective. A great read time and again.
Carlo Gentleman
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As a new Dad to a little girl 20 yrs ago...this was one of the tools that helped build the strong relationship we have today. Recommend to ALL Dads new and old.
Feb 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Written from a Christian foundation with a very important message. I think all daddies-to-be and mommies should read this.
Matthew Kutilek
Mar 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Some good parenting nuggets, but overall a pretty basic and common sense books.
Jeff Noble
She Calls Me Daddy by Robert Wolgemuth (?)
Joshua Smith
May 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this right before Cecily was born, and I'm reading it again just before baby girl #2 arrives. It's better this time, now that I have a frame of reference.
Jul 10, 2008 rated it liked it
Un libro con tanta informacion para padres y consejo...este libro ha sido un regalo para mi esposo para que conozca mas sobre el desarrollo de su nina.
Jun 17, 2016
Kevin Thomasson
May 21, 2014
Apr 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
5 star advice in a 3 star book.
Oct 22, 2012
May 13, 2014
Jan 29, 2018
Feb 15, 2015
Oct 02, 2007
Feb 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Father Connection: How You Can Make the Difference in Your Child's Self-Esteem and Sense of Purpose
  • Rocking the Roles: Building a Win-Win Marriage
  • Revolutionary Parenting: What the Research Shows Really Works
  • Point Man: How a Man Can Lead His Family
  • When Good Men Are Tempted
  • What a Difference a Daddy Makes: The Lasting Imprint a Dad Leaves on His Daughter's Life
  • Bringing Up Girls: Practical Advice And Encouragement For Those Shaping The Next Generation Of Women
  • Hope for the Troubled Heart: Finding God in the Midst of Pain
  • The Mystery of God's Will
  • Come Spring
  • Living Beyond the Limits: A Life in Sync with God
  • New Bible Commentary
  • Love That Lasts: When Marriage Meets Grace
  • The Betrayed (Gifted, #2)
  • Date Your Wife
  • Already Gone: Why Your Kids Will Quit Church and What You Can Do to Stop It
  • The Power of a Praying Husband
  • The Drifter (Men of the Saddle Series #2)
Robert Wolgemuth graduated from Taylor University (Biblical Literature) and received an honorary doctorate (LhD) from the same university in 2005. He is the author or coauthor of over twenty books, including Men of the Bible, The Most Important Year in a Man’s/Woman’s Life, and the notes to the Dad’s Bible. See website:

More about Robert Wolgemuth...