Start by marking “Lowlander Silverback (Gray Back Bears, #5)” as Want to Read:
Lowlander Silverback (Gray Back Bears, #5)

Lowlander Silverback

(Gray Back Bears #5)

**Gorilla Shifter Romance – Can be read as a standalone book.**

Marked by a notoriously dangerous leader, Kong is gorilla shifter royalty who is being guarded until he is called to perform his fated duty for his people. That duty? Take over a family group and father the next generation of gorilla shifters. Too bad he has no interest in that future. His eyes and heart have
Published September 16th 2015 by Wicked Willow Press

Deserie williams
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Contains spoilers!

I enjoyed this one! Sweet , sexy read. I loved Kong an d Layla!Perfect for each other. Oh Kong and his totured self. Love him. Oh and that ending with the book so beautiful ! I didn't expect to like this this much but I really did:)I might be in a I can tolerate,loving mood though because this wasn't perfect:)

Safety :
Neither are virgins I'm assuming, but nothing is really mentioned! They known each other for 3 years. both were celibate. Although I'm not sure if my GR friends w
SheLove2Read
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, shifters
I came very close to not reading this entry in the Gray Back Bears series, but since I am nearing the end of my KU gift subscription, I thought "what the heck". I'm so glad I did. This is by far the best story in this series! 4.5 stars
So, I Read This Book Today
The Gray Backs are back - well, sorta. While the first four in the series introduced us to the Bears of the Gray Back crew, this one is a whole different bit of monkeyshines.... as in, the story of Kong.

Kong. Silverback Gorilla Shifter and next Breeding Alpha of his clan of silverbacks. But Kong doesn't want a harem. He lived with silverback society all his life, watching as the children, like him, were ignored and unloved. Kong wants something different. He wants a single mate, a chance to rais
Hollie
Another nice addition to the series

I have to say, I had huge expectations for Kong. I did like this read, and it was charming like the others but I was left wanting a bit more between the hero and heroine. It felt too "insta-love". I get that they had been watching each other for years, but they seemed to have no conversations, etc. I wanted a bit more foundation with their relationship. They both more or less felt like strangers that were immediately confessing their undying love for one anothe
Sarah Shannon
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was such a nice change of pace. I love the bears, wolves, dragons,etc that you normally read about but a gorilla was so new and different! It quickly hooked me in and I finished in within 1 workout on the elliptical which is a feat as normally I struggle having to do that damn workout. The characters were great and from the glimpses we had from Kong throughout the other books? Well his character just got that much better. He frustrated me yes with his sense of what was "right" or not but ov ...more
Sherrin Alsop
Loved it

I loved this story. As a matter of fact I've been waiting on it. The main character of this book Kong has been a featured character in these books. Each book telling a bit more of who he Is. It's great to see him finding his mate. While it's a standalone book, I think it's more enriched because I've read about some of the crews prior to this one. Plus it gives all of us the chance to read about what has happened in the life of old friends from earlier books.
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
They have watched each other for 3 years , Kong can't be with her but when they both decide to give in and break the rules, people are going to get hurt, and all the crews, and one immortal dragon will do whatever it takes to keep their one Silverback and his mate safe.
Darcy
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, e-book, pnr, shifters
I loved that Kong was a gorilla shifter and yet he was most at home with the misfit bears of the Gray Back Clan. Kong's history and that of gorilla shifters in general was interesting. I'm glad that he fought and bucked tradition, fighting to be with Layla. I loved how the Gray Back's welcomed both in and the epic battle at the end. Beaston said it best, Chomp, Chomp.
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews
Overall Rating: 4.5 Rockin’ ★★★★☆

King Kong doesn't have anything on T.S. Joyce's Lowlander Silverback gorilla shifter romance! The author creates an angst filled relationship between the heroine and hero akin to Romeo and Juliet's tale of forbidden love. Kong and Layla have been in love from a distance for over three years. Yearning to connect but circumstances forbid it to occur. Kong is royalty and his path and future is bound to his people's archaic practices. Layla is treading in shark infes
ZETTER
Be Mine!!!

Layla Taylor a bartender at Sammy's Bar had a crush on Kong.....the latter was into the former as well but he didn't make a move. Not wanting to let an opportunity passed them by, Layla made the first move. Even though Kong turned her down, Layla wasn't about to give up.

Things for poor Layla went from bad to worse, first Rhett (One of Kong's handlers) was rude to her then she found out that her ill foster father was about to lose his house.

Kong was pushing Layla away in order to prote
Monica
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was so waiting to read a story about our Kong. He was so mysterious and we knew what he was cause his name gave it away. His story was really complicated and sad. Poor Layla. Poor Kong for that matter. They had such a hard journey to each other. I was sooo freaking sad for Mac. :( I knew he would pass soon but not like that. Way to make us cry Ms. Joyce! LOL. Man I tell you Kong's people are screwy. Well one particular screw was loose for sure Fiona. Well...she got hers thanks to Damon! My her ...more
Cheri
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kong has always been there in the background. We knew he was not your average bear, but we weren't sure who he was. Layla has been watching him for three years. He watches her when he doesn't think she is looking, but if she looks back he turns away--just not in time to hide the heat. She is confused but determined to make a move no matter the outcome.

There is a lot behind Kong and his people. They aren't human and they are bears. Kong refuses Layla's attempts and shuts her down. But when one of
Samantha
Awesome! A must read!

I loved it. I've been waiting to read Kong's story and for him to have his own HEA ever since the Grayback Bear series. Kong isn't a bear. He's a gorilla shifter. He's been in love with a human, Layla for 3 years. He has his reasons why he can't make a move .. And man, is it awesome when he finally does. I love Miss Joyce's style of writing. And every book she has written feels different. The characters all have their own personalities and she manages to bring that across t
Anne Dodds
Grab a tissue!

Holy cow, what a book! I've read every book in these series. Thought the Saw Bears series was awesome, then the Graybacks had me crying and sighing! Finally Kong gets his story and what a story it is!

Kong has been in love for three years and can't claim his mate. Because he's expected to be a breeder for his family group! And the female head of his family group is psycho! (No other way to describe her!)

Layla has been in love with Kong for just as long but thinks he doesn't like he
Betty
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOWLANDERS Silverback by T.S.JOYCE

Wow, Kong's story was a emotionally charged book. Adored Layla with her caring about Mac ,worrying about others especially when she learned more about what was going on with Kong who she's cares about deeply. Love the Grayback's crew who were already wonderful friends but back them up cuz to them they both are part of their crazy crew as far as their concerned and aren't about to allow them being hurt by a crazy evil bitch with her own agenda using fear to contr
Lolita Nettles
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kong is king

I have been hoping that Kong would get his own book since we met him with the Ash crew.
He is fierce , loyal and driven. Even under circumstances that other males would have broken and lost it he is still able to make the sacrifice and put everyone above himself. For years he has loved Layla and knows that she is his one true mate and love, but for those like Kong that is a future that is impossible to see when a dark demented head of the family that wants you all for herself.
This b
Jenifer Berry
Awesome

I never write reviews, because I can never express my feelings properly. But this book makes me want to say how great it was. I have read and fallen in love with the Saratoga clans since the first book and was so glad to see Kong get his happy ever after. The story is amazing, it hits home on so many levels and touches your heart throughout. I laughed and cried (mostly cried) at the impossible dreams and fates of Kong and Layla. As always, (and as it should be in life), good triumphs over
M4queen
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awww what a great read

Loved the story. So glad that Kong got his happily ever after. Layla is his perfect match. Not going to lie the beginning where she was just pinning for him was heartbreaking. The callous attitude and indifference did nothing to dim her feelings. Her strength was admirable. It was hilarious watching the Grey Backs running interference and returning the favor for Kong. Seeing stand up for his mate was like, "Yeeeessssss, about time!" lol. Great job.
Kimberly Walden
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kong's story finally told!!!

Kindle Unlimited read. Another great story about characters I love. He's the one who always gives love advise but has never loved. She's the bartender she's been pining over. They can't be together...he's forbidden to have any contact with her. Wow I was blown away by Kong's story!! Love how it went and found myself sad, mad, and smiling throughout the book.
BJ
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
The formula in this book differed slightly, this time the animal is different and he doesn't work with the crew. He does look out for them though. He also doesn't act as the alpha that he is - he's being blackmailed by evil OW, but thanks the great h, she's strong enough to tell him that he's it for her. I liked that she pushed him, held him to account, which forces him to break free from the domination he's lived with for way too long. It still a mix of silly, sad and gory - and I loved it.
Samantha Reeves
Shelves: ts-joyce
Kong & Layla

Its okay to follow your heart. That's a general theme in this author's books, but never more so than in this one. The steadfast confidant of the Gray Backs, fellow shifter Kong, has wished for something he's not. Bartender at Sammy's Bar, Layla, has only had eyes for one person for the past 3 years, the hot and cold Kong. I really love this story and the continuation of the characters in Damon's Mountains.
Tammy Nitschke Sokol
Awesome!!!!!!

I'm all ready on pins and needles and tender hooks for Damon Dye's story, and I've just read Kongs!!! Ooo Ooo Aah Ahh was awesome!!!! Sweet hot gorilla shifter who lives among bears secretly, and silently loves bartender with everything in him. She also lives him, but gets totally tongue tied around him!! Danger is always lurking nearby to snatch away Kong and kill all their dreams. Find out if they survive intact!!!! Very well worth reading!!!!!
Monica
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
i love it i love it i LOVE IT!!! I LOVE this series!(starting way back with the Ashe Crew! LOVE THEM ALL!!!) I squealed all giddy through the last part of the book! "Chomp!" :D :D :D Kong...awww...his brute love for Layla...yes, I said brute love...he loves her but isn't able to show ANY interest...so so so happy!!! and YAY! Damon gets a book!!!
Cindy
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Another great book

I always enjoy these books. I liked the twist on the gorilla shifters. It makes sense that they would be like a harem but with a female head. However I like how Kong chose a different path. This story action suspense and of course love with some hot monkey sex.
Deborah
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great story!

Each time I finish one of this author's books I think they can't get any better. I'm always wrong. They do. I absolutely loved the story of Kong. Loved the ending. It's going to be so hard to wait for the next book. I was hoping he would get his own story. I highly recommend this series. All the books are great!
CarmenMaria
Kong

Every book she writes is better than the last. I'll be honest it's almost impossible for me to give 5 stars to anyone, however this story pulled every emotion from me. I laughed and cried as I rooted for them. I loved the determination to overcome obstacles, while knowing family isn't about blood but love. Forget borrowing this book, Buy It! Can't wait until the next one.
Kris England
Kong tops it!

This series is the best. Really love the way the author brings it all together for a great ending, but no hints! First gorilla shifter book I have read but mixed with the Bears it was a hot read. Will the human he has wanted for three years be his or not? Inquiring minds need to know......looking forward to the next one.
Wild_irish_rose
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the story and fell in love with Kong. He is forced to fight for his freedom if he wants to keep the love of his life. A lovely read.
Anne
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think I could possibly like a story about a gorilla story. I was wrong! loved it!
Becca
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5
Goodreads Librari...: Part of series 2 17 Sep 20, 2015 02:17AM
  • The Panther's Desire (Were-Cats of Apple Creek, #1)
  • Vulfen Warrior's Prize (Vulfen Cadre, #2)
  • Tigress for Two (Alaskan Tigers, #3)
  • Unbridled (Centaur Chronicles, #1)
  • Rhal (The Ujal, #3)
  • Virgin Sacrifice (Bred to the Beast: The Virgin Trilogy, #2)
  • Loving Lachlyn (Ashland Pride, #2)
  • Bad Romance (New Adult Romance)
  • Hunted (Eden, #2)
  • Ice/Reaux (Bayou Heat, #19-20)
  • Claimed by Love (Wild Hunters, #1)
  • Wild Bear (Bear Haven, #3)
  • Wild Instincts (Wild, #1)
  • Ours (The Bears, #2)
  • The Outlaw's Dirty Dancer (The Grizzly MC, #2)
  • Racing the Alpha (Dirt Track Dogs, #1)
  • Wolves for the Bears (Grey Wolf Pack, #5)
  • Moonstruck (Diablo Lake, #1)
T.S. Joyce is devoted to bringing hot shifter romances to readers. Hungry alpha males are her calling card, and the wilder the men, the more she'll make them pour their hearts out. She werebear swears there'll be no swooning heroines in her books. It takes tough-as-nails women to handle the shifters of Bear Valley.

She lives in a tiny town, outside of a tiny city, and devotes her life to writing bi

Gray Back Bears (7 books)
  • Gray Back Bad Bear (Gray Back Bears, #1)
  • Gray Back Alpha Bear (Gray Back Bears, #2)
  • Gray Back Ghost Bear (Gray Back Bears, #3)
  • Gray Back Broken Bear (Gray Back Bears #4)
  • Last Immortal Dragon (Gray Back Bears, #6)
  • A Very Beastly Christmas (Gray Back Bears, #7)
“they’d come. As his taillights disappeared through the pine forest, a horrible feeling that she was losing the rest of her make-shift family washed over her. Chapter Ten   The hours of driving hadn’t cooled Kong’s blood. His rage hadn’t lessened. He hadn’t wised up or conjured second thoughts on the revenge he would take. Hours of driving had only given him purpose and allowed him to calculate exactly what it was he was doing by going after Rhett. His people had gone too far, and now Kong would make his stand. He’d rebelled in his youth when he was” 0 likes