Start by marking “Reckless (Pier 70, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reckless (Pier 70, #1)

Reckless (Pier 70 #1)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  1,780 Ratings  ·  234 Reviews
He’s a walking contradiction...
Cam Strickland, one of the four owners of Pier 70 Marina, has earned the nickname his friends gave him years ago. Reckless. Sure. By definition. When it comes to fun, Cam hasn’t yet met a challenge he wouldn’t accept. In other areas, he’s likely far too cautious for his own good.

He’s his complete opposite...
Gannon Burgess, CEO of Burgess Ente
Published October 27th 2015 by Nicole Edwards Limited

To ask other readers questions about Reckless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless

Lisa
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, for-review

See my review at Sinfully Addicted.

5 Stars!

“Then again, in theory, opposites did attract."

description

Reckless is the first book in Nicole Edwards’ new MM series entitled Pier 70. In this series were are introduced to the men who own and operate Pier 70 – Cam Strickland, Roan Gregory, Dare Davis, and Teague Carter. If you know anything about this author you know that she tends to write about copious amounts of sexual variations (MF/MFM/MM, etc.) and you also know that her books are HOT AS FUCK as
Judith
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** 3.5 STARS ***

Cam is 32 and part owner of a Service Marina,Pier 70.He works hard,is a bit of an andrenaline junky and is not afraid to take risks.However,when it comes to his love life he's much more cautious.

Gannon is 36,a Ceo of a software development company and a video game producer.
He is a workaholic,hardly ever having any down time(his choice) and hasn't dated in about 2 years.He's a hot geek and definitely not reckless.

Gannon's best friend and assistant,Milly organizes a team bonding e
Gigi
I used a lot of images and fancy HTML stuff in my review, so you can read it here at Gay Book Reviews or just know that the sex was HOT and I gave it 4 stars.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3 Stars***

"I love you, you know?"
"I love you, too."
"This won't be easy."
"Probably not, but it'll be worth it."

I liked this, but unfortunately nothing really wowed me.

Cam is part owner of a thriving boating business. He lost his mother when he was young and the circumstances of her passing have left a devastating emotional scar. Cam refuses to get close to anyone for fear of losing them just as quickly and tragically. His fear has kept him from ever having a serious relationship.

Gannon i
Catherine
*** 1.5 Stars ***

*sigh*

Objectively, this is probably not a 1-star book; it didn't commit any major Crimes Against Literature and none of the characters did anything horribly offensive. But... that doesn't mean it was good or that I enjoyed it.

Right from the outset, I found Gannon nondescript and a little dull. I liked that he wasn't your typically shy gamer geek, but there wasn't a whole lot else to recommend him. He wasn't really sexy or adventurous or outgoing or funny or sweet or... anything.
~Mindy Lynn~
This was a slow read. What I mean by that is that it wasn't something that completely held my attention for a long period of time. Hence the slow read. It took me longer than usual to finish it. It wasn't a bad book. It's just that there wasn't a lot going on. I liked both of the guys and I liked them together. But for some reason I just couldn't get into the story as much as I wanted to.

I enjoyed the slow build up in the relationship. I liked that they took their time getting to know each othe
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'Reckless Adventure' Stars!

Oh boy, this was definitely reckless! I actually remember reading this book a while ago but I don't know why I didn't add it to Goodreads. But if you want to read a sexy MM romance by Nicole Edwards, this one is a great way to start! You'll surely enjoy it!
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading ™
4.5 stars #mustclick http://amzn.to/1LfFAMr
Reckless is book 1 in a new all m/m series by Nicole Edwards.

The series centers around Pier 70, a full service marina, owned by Cam Strickland and his friends, Roan Gregory, Dare Davis, and Teague Carter. Cam’s father provided the seed money to start the marina and this retired police officer also offers these men a father figure offering advice and humor throughout the book.

Reckless is a wonderful book 1, painting a picture of four friends and the lif
Wendy
I really enjoyed reading this "opposites attract" story.

Cam (32) is partial owner of a marina. He's a bit of a wild one. He really loves his extreme sports and he's got a bucket list he's working on.

Gannon (36) is the CEO of a multimillion software company. They mostly develop games. His time is mostly spend working. He's a nerd....and damn I love me some sexy nerds !!

photo 3787dff94eb4ae2840a8507df56931c4_zpsdv4zhbbf.jpg

They meet when Milly, Gannon's best friend and assistent insists on organising an outing for all employees, to boost their spi
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
4.5 From inferno to apocalyptic stars...

Being a fan of Nicole Edward's Walker Brothers I already knew she had a gift for creating sexy male characters with big...and bigger hearts. She somehow writes these amazing stories from a male POV in a way that is totally believable and so H-O-T!

While Cam & Gannon's first meeting might have generated insta-lust, that was something that they only shared with me. I was inside their heads as they fantasized about each other, before they ever took that fi
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
3.75 stars!

“That’s part of loving someone, Cam. You accept them for who they are, faults and all. And you forgive them.”

I believe this is my first book by Nicole Edwards and all the reviews that I've seen so far had always raved about her writing and stories. I'm not going to lie, I was a bit let down. I felt like I was reading a different version of a book than everyone else.

While I did love the chemistry between Cam and Gannon, I felt like there was something missing. I can't explain it
Tina
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I bought this little beautiful thing a long time ago that I had totally forgotten it .. I should be ashamed of myself! lol

“I love you, you know?” Cam smiled.
“I love you, too.”
“This won't be easy.”
“Probably not,” Gannon agreed. “But it'll be worth it.”

I just one to hug the hell out of this book, that have much I loved it. There is not one thing I would change in this book, I loved everything from start to finish.

If it was not because I had the next one in the series, I would definitely start rea
Amy
Oct 24, 2015 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
I'm putting this on hold at 29%. It's just not working for me right now. Cam playing hard to get is irritating the crap out of me.
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading ™
4.5 stars http://amzn.to/1LfFAMr

The series centers around Pier 70 a full service marina owned by Cam Strickland and his friends, Roan Gregory, Dare Davis, and Teague Carter. Cam’s father provided the seed money to start the marina and this retired police officer also offers these men a father figure offering advice and humor throughout the book.

Reckless is a wonderful book 1, painting a picture of four friends and the life they have build. Book 1 is the story of Cam and his journey to a happy h
Bitchie
Apr 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I don't have a lot to say about this one. The writing and the editing were both solid, I enjoyed the characters, and the smexy times was quite hot. I had quite a few "Friends" moments while reading this though! After dating just a few weeks, and after a fight, Cam (view spoiler) And Roan (view spoiler) ...more
Ula'ndi Hart
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Overall book rating: 4.5
Audio book: Narrator – N/A
Book cover: 4 Stars

This is going to be one of my favourite series. I can see it in my future.

Really enjoyed the slow burn between these two. It was something else and I could appreciate the feel around it. I love both the MC’s. I love the idea of having to get the stories behind all the friends eventually.

It was a great read and though I keep it short and sweet it deserves a great review which it will get from tons of fabulous people out there
-C-
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great story, worth the read. I love all the characters.
"I love you, you know?"
"I love you, too."
"This won't be easy."
"Probably not, but it'll be worth it."
Victoria  love books
Book Cover: 3 Stars
MC1:Cam Strickland - marina co owner
MC2: Gannon Burgess - CEO software development company

description

I don't know why but this book just gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. This was my very first Nicole Edwards read and I just loved it, its far from perfect but oh boy I loved this book. I fell in love with Gannon and Cam from the very first page and they intrigue me in ways I don't know how to explain I just couldn't put the book down.

Cam - all
Tina

“I love you, you know?” Cam smiled.
“I love you, too.”
“This won't be easy.”
“Probably not,” Gannon agreed. “But it'll be worth it.”

The series centers around Pier 70, a marina, owned by Cam and his friends, Roan, Dare and Teague.

The first book is Cam and Gannon’s story, CEO of Burgess Entertainment, one of the top video game producers in the world, two alpha males who both have their own demons to fight.

Loved the story, it’s an entertaining, hot and sexy read without any angst, and an excellent st
farmwifetwo
Jun 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Expecting from the reviews a dirty, hot story . Instead it was a try at an angsty story that dragged. The same insecurities over and over again and just when you thought there would be more... they were eating somewhere else for supper.
Kat  Chadwick
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book introduces the reader to ALL of the sexy gay men of Pier 70 Marina. Cam and three of his best friends, Roan, Dare and Teague own that business and all four of them are gay. None of them are attached (as far as we know at this point), each with their own personality. Throw in some other friends and family that also happen to work there and we are going to have some FUN with this series!

Cam and Gannon are both the type to be married to their work, well, more so Gannon than Cam. Cam does
Toni FGMAMTC

This is the first book of the series so much of the novel is getting us aquatinted with the men who work at and own Pier 70 Marina. Cam, Roan, Dare and Teague are all close friends and all gay. This is Cam and Gannon's love story peppered with bits of everyone else. Most of the storyline takes place at the marina with its gorgeous lake scenery, which is great for skinny dipping and siting back while drinking a beer. The dress code is swim trucks and flip-flops.

Gann
Chris
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm
Ok I loved this book ! The focus was on Reckless Cam who loves water and all things sport & Gannon the nerdy hot owner of his own video gaming business ... These guys overcome distance, fears and challenges to find joy and happiness and the journey was HOT ...The supporting characters were great and I can't wait to see who is going to be the focus of book 2. I love how Nicole weaves characters so well into stories that we get a subtle taster for more ... Nicole Edwards is such a rock star of ...more
Christy McCurry
What a emotionally charged, sizzling read. Nicole Edwards has done it again !!

Cam Strickland and Gannon Burgess are total opposites. Cam is the tattooed, out doors, adrenaline junkie who has rightfully earned the nickname that he has been dubbed with "RECKLESS". Gannon is total Alpha Nerd. He is CEO of a video game production company. One thing they do have is chemistry but can they overcome their fears and the obstacles and find a way to coincide in their two very different worlds?

If you like h
Joy Whiteside
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I totally loved this book. This was an amazing read that had me hooked from the moment that I started reading. It moved along at an amazing pace, has characters that will grab you, that you cannot help but fall in love with and a story that will grab you and not let you go until you finish the very last word. This must be read, there is no doubt about it and once you do, you will be hooked on this amazing author.
Claudia
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
nice story
Kellie
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two workaholics falling in love......
Pier 70 is a new all MM series from the woman that writes the hottest chemistry between characters in all of Romance in my opinion. While others can write sexy time scenes that get you hot and bothered, Nicole is able to tempt and tease you with this slow dance of introducing you to these characters that when they collide, burst from the pages with a spark and fire you will not be able to resist. Cam and Gannon are no exception. You think they'd be similar in
Abbey's 1 Click Book Blog
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
●3.5 - 4 Stars ●

There was a lot of hype about this book, and judging by the teasers, I was excited to tick it off my TBR.
Whilst this book was good, it wasn't brilliant.

Gannon was a strange character, one minute he was suppose to be all shy and blushing at the what Milly was saying infront of Cam during the first meeting to then driving an hour to ask Cam out.

Cam was also a hard to decipher.. why was his name Reckless? He didn't do anything to crazy during the book, I wish we would of seen him do
  • Triple Play (Homeruns, #3)
  • Tied to Trouble (Gamers #3)
  • Looking At Forever (The Rock Gods #4)
  • Safety In Numbers (Sizzling Miami #4)
  • How To Save A Life
  • The Subs Club (The Subs Club, #1)
  • Luke's Present (Morning Report, #3.5)
  • Stripped Bare
  • The Making of Matt (Souls of the Knight, #3)
  • Defined By Deceit
  • Fit to be Tied (Marshals, #2)
  • Everything Changes (Resilient Love #1)
  • Rise & Fall (THIRDS, #4)
  • Sunset Park (Five Boroughs, #2)
  • Encore (The Replacement Guitarist #4)
  • Leaving Flowers (Seeds of Tyrone, #1)
  • Gay for Pay (All Cocks #1)
New York Times bestselling author Nicole Edwards launched her professional writing career in July of 2012. Having been an avid reader all of her life and a huge fan of creative writing, it seemed the likely path for her to take. Since then, she has released more than forty books and has no plans to stop. As her full-time career/hobby, Nicole writes steamy contemporary and erotic romances.

Nicole is
More about Nicole Edwards...

Pier 70 (4 books)
  • Fearless (Pier 70, #2)
  • Speechless (Pier 70, #3)
  • Harmless (Pier 70, #4)