Start by marking “The Princess and the Page” as Want to Read:
The Princess and the Page

The Princess and the Page

A dark secret lurks in Keira's family. She comes from a long line of Word Weavers who bring their stories to life when they use a magical pen. But Keira's mom is unable to face the truth of the family's history because the Word Weavers have been hunted for generations for their power. And so, she forbids Keira to write. Oblivious to the family's secret ability, and angry a ...more
Published March 28th 2017 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about The Princess and the Page, please sign up.

Christina Farley Hey! It's listed for ages 8-12, but I would say 4th-6th graders would probably be perfect for it.
Christina Farley That's a great question! I would say neither. :-) It's a high action/adventure story. There are some parts a little scary in that there are evil…moreThat's a great question! I would say neither. :-) It's a high action/adventure story. There are some parts a little scary in that there are evil wolves, an awful stepsister, and annoying fairies. But there are other parts that are just fun and romantic in that its a princess book set in a real French castle. If you've read my Gilded series, you'll find this book with a similar style, but without the kissing. :-) (Although I am a fan of kissing. Not frogs though. That's kind of gross.)(less)

Amy Parker
Dec 04, 2016 Amy Parker rated it it was amazing
What an amazing, fun read! Kiera is a high-spirited, imaginative, and strong MC with a voice that drew me in from the very first page. Part contemporary fairy tale, part mystery with a healthy dose of adventure, this book is perfect for boys and girls who love fast-paced adventure laced with humor and characters that stick with you long after you've closed the book. I devoured it one sitting.
Jordan
Mar 28, 2017 Jordan rated it really liked it
The Princess and the Page is a magical mystery that combines an intriguing glimpse into French history with imaginative sleuthing skills fit for any modern day Nancy Drew.

I don’t normally review children’s or middle grade books on my blog, but when I heard that Christina Farley had one coming out, well, she’s one of my go-to authors. Somehow she always manages to put a twist on history, folklore, and culture to make it captivating for any reader, i.e. her Gilded series, which is AMAZING. I am s
Brittany
Mar 16, 2017 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a story! I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I picked up this book. I thought it was another blah blah book about princesses and I was going to puke sparkles somewhere, but it wasn't about that at all! I'm very much looking forward to seeing if Ms. Farley would write a sequel to this story. Word Weavers are very special people who have the ability and drive to write stories - the only thing is that their stories become real and if they enter their own fairy tale, the char ...more
Feb 27, 2017 Sarah rated it really liked it
I read an ARC of this fantasy-adventure, and middle grade students will enjoy following Keira's travels to a French castle where she finds herself involved with the castle's haunted past.
Sasha
Dec 21, 2016 Sasha rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s, 2016, yrc, arc
An uneven fantasy story full of plot holes, bratty kids, nonsensical parents, unanswered questions, and a weirdly sluggish pace. Skip this one, although a kid with a penchant for fairy tales, writing, and exploring haunted French castles would enjoy this one. No crossover appeal, however, and poor execution.
wrecked_life
Mar 02, 2017 wrecked_life rated it it was amazing
It's an interesting story about a girl who wants to tell all the stories she can. She has an unexplainable desire to write, unfortunately her parents happen to have a rule.... she can't write, no pens or paper are allowed in the house. And if her mother ever see her writing she gets very angry. So Keira doesn't get to write all those amazing stories. Until the day she found a mysterious pen hidden in her parents' things. Now whatever she writes, comes true.....
I quite enjoyed this adventurous ta
Christine (allthingschristine)
E-galley review to come and full review on date of publication.
Ana Barrios
Ana Barrios rated it it was amazing
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2017
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Miranda ❤️
Mar 26, 2017 Miranda ❤️ rated it really liked it
*review to come 3/31*
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2016
Hamna
Hamna rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2017
Zara
Zara rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2016
Erika Estada
Erika Estada rated it it was amazing
Deborah
Deborah rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2016
Naunidh
Naunidh rated it it was amazing
Mutia
Mutia rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2017
Jessica Quiles
Jessica Quiles rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2016
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2017
Ahmed Ibrahim
Ahmed Ibrahim rated it it was ok
Mar 08, 2017
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2016
Lini
Lini rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2017
Niaz
Niaz rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2017
Lama
Lama rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2017
Asha
Asha rated it liked it
No Name
No Name rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2017
Oman
Oman rated it it was amazing
Poonam Pandhare
Poonam Pandhare rated it it was ok
Mar 04, 2017
Lindsay Currie
Lindsay Currie rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2016
  • Dark Breaks the Dawn
  • The Last Harvest
  • Rise of Fire (Reign of Shadows, #2)
  • Foxheart
  • 17 Years
  • The Cursed Queen (The Impostor Queen, #2)
  • The Secret Horses of Briar Hill
  • Metaltown
  • The November Girl
  • Brave New Girl
  • The Wish Granter (Ravenspire, #2)
  • Traveler (Traveler #1)
  • Returned (Forbidden, #3)
  • Seas (Wendy Darling, #2)
  • Literally
  • Smash & Grab
  • Untitled (Andromeda Cycle, #1)
  • Denton Little's Still Not Dead  (Denton Little, #2)
After teaching and traveling internationally for ten years, Christina started writing about her adventures, tossing in a little fiction for fun. This inspired her to write the Gilded series, a YA series based on Korean mythology, and THE PRINCESS & THE PAGE, a MG based on fairy tales.

Besides writing, Christina loves traveling, running, driving too fast, and eating dark chocolate.

Christina wr
More about Christina Farley...