Start by marking “Thizz, A Love Story” as Want to Read:
Thizz, A Love Story

Thizz, A Love Story

(Thizz #1)

Dani is in love, that much she knows. Now if she could just figure out who or what she loves. Is it the blue pill that masks her depression and helps her float through the last few months of high school? Is it Nick, the boy that won her heart and keeps her from feeling completely alone in the world? Or is it Matt, the blue eyed boy that makes her feel alive and keeps her v ...more
Published November 1st 2015 by NicLou Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Thizz, A Love Story, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Nicole Loufas Asking her to meet him was sort of a test. If she ignored the message or blew him off, then he saved himself the humiliation of being rejected. But if…moreAsking her to meet him was sort of a test. If she ignored the message or blew him off, then he saved himself the humiliation of being rejected. But if she showed up, then he felt like she might like him, and he planned to ask her out. Only Nick was here. He didn't think the plan all the way through and basically set the universe in motion for Nick and Dani to hook up. (less)

Desirae Brown
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am incredibly upset that I finished this book, I did NOT want it to end! In the beginning I was a bit annoyed at Dani for going from the secluded girl to the boy crazy chick. But after a couple pages and the story progressed I did begin to like her character again. This book had characters that you couldn't help but love, even if they start out being annoying. Nick and Matt's friendship was also something that made me laugh. I really hope there will be a second book in the series. I would love ...more
Rene
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I saw a teaser for this book that lead me to read it. I thought it was going to be a romance. It was so much more! I was worried it was going to be a love triangle - it isn't. If you love angst you will love this book. It is a YA story, but the content is mature. I don't like spoilers - so I'm going to give you my thoughts and feelings. Which are many.

Shy girl moves to new city - seen it before.
Shy boy crushes on girl, then allows his best friend to swoop in and he misses his chance. - ok sure.
Sadie
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For a first time author, Nicole Loufas hit this book right out of the park. In the era of 2006, Myspace, thizz, Mac Dre, and partying were the things to get into in the Bay Area. I should know, as that's exactly what I was doing that year. This book really hit home, and it was as if I was re-living my teenage years. I felt a real connection with Dani, a girl who was lost after suffering a terrible tragedy. Not knowing how to cope she became succumbed to the euphoria that coincides with thizz. Af ...more
Lucy
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First thing you should know going in - this is a YA book. Although the content is mature, it is a book about a girl in high school. Making really dumb high school choices. If you don't want to read about dumb high school kids...don't read this book.

HOWEVER - if you want to read a very compelling, character driven story about a girl struggling with addiction and falling in love this is a phenomenal story.

Ms. Loufas created characters so real and so believable that I felt like I knew them person
Amber Jones
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Oh my! The first thing I have to say is I so thought this was

something different than it was. I thought it was gonna be

some love triangle. It was so was not just some teenage love

story. Gangster types, drug dealers, murders, and love all

wrapped into one.

If you like action and love intrigue this is definitely the

book for you.

I quickly became enthralled with this novel. Whipped through

it cause i was so ADDICTED within 5 days.A must read for

anybody but especially a young teenager strugglin
Noah Wyman
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
At first, I thought this was going to be a book about a very common love triangle. But, the title is very misleading. It is MUCH more than just a love triangle. You get connected with the characters. Towards the end of the book, my heart was literally screaming and going through the same pain that Nick, Dani and Matt were going through. I was on the edge of my set. Right before bed, I always told myself "Just read 2 Chapters, you have to pace yourself." [80 pages later] I just couldn't put the b ...more
Rene
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Unlike others, I did not go in blind. I read some of the reviews and got an idea of what I was about to read. Early on I was not connecting and was MEH. But at about 50/60%.. HOLY WOW!! This book takes an unexpected turn. It definitely is not the "normal" story. I found it fantastic and was sad to see it end. I found out after finishing, there is going to be a second book. Ummmm....... heck yea please! This is my first read by this author and definitely not my last. I really fell in love with al ...more
Candice felts
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

I loved this book. Wish there was more. Loved all of the characters in this book. Hope there is another book
Belle Lancaster
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I didn't originally post a review but I saw a video blog about this book and I wanted to share my thoughts too because the reviewer was so spot on to how I felt after reading this book.

I'll start by saying that I don't think this book is for everybody. If you have issues with drug abuse, drug dealing, drugs in general - you may not like this book. The title alone tells you all you need to know. Thizz, A love story. Is about a girl in love with Thizz.

This story is about a girl in high school tha
Beth
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 After School Special Stars

Don't take this the wrong way.....Read the book. But don't do other stuff. Other stuff in the book. Such a cautionary tale.

Dani has moved to a new school and a new life. One where she has to pretend to be happy. Pretend to be ok. She doesn't want to answer questions about why she isn't ok.

Any time a rainbow isn't shooting out of my ass - that's a sign that I'm not ok.

Dani attracts the attention of of not one, but two boys. Nick is the town hottie. The one that every
Crystal
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was really good. It's not your typical love story. I was pleasantly surprised, and could not put it down. This book had me page by page.

You're inside the characters' heads and you're willing them to make the right choices and screaming inside if they don't. Nicole Loufas kept me guessing with this one. I like how love is this confused emotion and Dani is trying to muddle her way through it. She loves the drugs, but she also loves two guys. She doesn't know if either can exist without
Kacey Ables
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Reading Tree Blog by Kacey Ables

Wow where do I even start?!! Nicole you really outdid yourself. Don't worry no spoilers.. Thizz a drug that changed everything. Matt so full of love that he does whatever it takes... Dani with a dark past... And Nick, a relationship as deadly as the drug itself. Written as if I myself was living and walking Dani's path. Standing ovation my love!
Stacy Fetters
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Thizz and sex is like peanut butter and jelly. They are ok on their own, but together they are orgasmic."

Thizz is something that most people are interested in taking. They want that good feeling now without thinking about the consequences. But Thizz can take over your life and won’t let you go until you have your next fix. Dani finds out that hard way that Thizz can ruin all the good in your life.

This book was amazing. I honestly didn’t want it to end and I kept sitting it down. If I didn’t do
Jen Zingaro
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I got this paperback in my Bookworm Box awhile back. I never got around to reading it, but instead was offered an audio version. I am an avid audiobook listener so I gave it a shot.
I LOVE LOVE books with high school drama. I have to admit that I was nervous about reading this book because drugs make me antsy. I get nervous that something terrible will happen to someone. But this was a little different than I expected. A drug doesn't seem so bad when it makes everyone love one another. So, Dani
Katy Keeton
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read Thizz

I have to say this isn't a typical read for me. I'm an older reader but I have to say I was drawn in by the story of Dani. She's faced tragedy in her life and us just trying to get through her senior year and on to a new life.

High school is a hard time and Dani, Matt & Nick are just trying to survive. They find friendship and love in each other while struggling with life's many choices and obstacles.
Ashleigh
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thizz is a story about choices.

Choices of right and wrong. Hard or easy.

Matt or Nick.

I really enjoyed the premise of this book. The main female character Dani had a solid backstory and you couldn't help but sympathize with her and understand the desire to get lost in a world without pain.

But nothing is ever really that simple and as most of us do... Dani has to learn this in the school of hard knocks.

Thizz is a glimpse at some of those first early experiences you can't ever forget. Falling
Bookworm Betties
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
This book is a must read! It does have sensitive subject mater; teenagers who use Ecstasy a.k.a Thizz, but it is the real deal. It's the ugly truth of how fast teenagers, and people in general, can so quickly get hooked on drugs. It becomes their only way of coping, so they think, with the hardships of life.

I was enthralled with this story. Things gets so twisted at some points that I felt like I was on drugs... Yes, it was written that good. The author pulls you in, giving you a birds eye view
Abigail Riley
Feb 16, 2016 rated it liked it
I won a copy of Thizz from the author herself. I found the cover to be very beautiful and intriguing, along with the summary on the back of the book. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. Dani, Matt, and Nick got in way over their heads and they suffered the consequences of that. The entire book was very well written, and the plot twist definitely caught me by surprise. Thizz is a story about dependence on people and drugs getting out of hand. Friendships were molded and some were shattered. T ...more
Domini
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy moly this book sucked me in from page one, this story is about overcoming tragedy, addiction, young love, first love, friendship & loss. Nick & Matt are best friends, have been forever, would do anything for each other. Dani is new to town, living with her Aunt, she's a loner, she's struggling to fit in but happy to fly under the radar.
I'm not going to go into the plot or anything coz u must read it & feel it for yourself, I will say there is no cheating or threesome! It's diffe
M.M. m Clem
Hated the title...I understand why it was chosen after reading it, but I still hate it.

***Somewhat spoilery***

The story was interesting and delved into a different world of underground drug use and selling. Though the characters were good and the story was compelling, I found it far fetched that the character that became the most addicted was able to overcome her addiction so easily. Would've made more sense to have more development with her coming to grips with her addiction and then taking nec
Audra Smith
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read, not your typical YA romance!

When I first got this book, I went in blind. I didn't realize it was YA, because I normally stray from those. I'm glad I stuck it through because it truly was a good read. I loved the coming of age, mixed with your normal teenage angst, a bit of a triangle and some danger. There were a couple slow parts,but overall I truly enjoyed Thizz book. See what I did there? Can't wait to read the next!
Sabrina
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book as a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

Drugs, love, and teenagers making choices that just made me want to grab them and shake them! Yet.... still relatable. I felt like it did a good job relaying the confusion and turmoil of emotions that come along with the the teenage years. I also enjoyed the point of view changes from chapter to chapter.

An enjoyable fairly light read about some not so light topics.
Jodi Etheridge
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story of finding oneself.

This Author has it all together in this story, love, romance, and death.
It shows peoples ways of grief. How would they survive. How would any one. This story will have you pissed off at one character, loving,hating, tearful, hugging each of the main character's. Its a must read for anyone. I loved the whole concept of this book. Give this Author 20
Camilla Dowd
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read. Raw and Real. Not for everyone,but if you like emotionally driven characters with a little bit of gangster thrown in, you will absolutely love this book. The other 5-stars review mimic my reaction when it was over. I hated that it was over. I was so amp'd after I read it, even though I finished after 2am, i couldn't sleep. Highly recommend!
Jordan Powell
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

I'm so reluctant when I try a new author, or a book that was a first timer, and wow this was so good! The author gifted me her series in a Christmas secret Santa and I could not put this book down! Would definitely recommend!
Bridgett Brown
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really Loved the book. It was hard to put it down. Waiting for another one <3 Fantastic
Carlene Amabel
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. Loved the story and the characters. I am so happy there is going to be a second book!
Jill
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the authors first book and I an impressed. It has drugs, love and the emotional challenges that kids face. I can not wait to see what else this author will come out with next.
Larissa Katarina
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had no idea that this was based in high school when I first started to read it and I loved it!! This book was fantastic!!! The drama and emotion was epic!!! I highly recommend this book!!
Sharron
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. Really enjoyed the story.

• Sinner: Free Preview (First 3 Chapters) (Shiver)
  • In This Life
  • Waiting to Lose (The Contest #2)
  • Safe
  • HIM The Coastal Killer
  • Honesty
  • Angel of Redemption
  • Whisper if You Need Me
  • Groupie (Texas Mutiny, #2)
  • Outside (Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances, #1)
  • The Kiera Hudson Prequels (The Kiera Hudson Prequels #1)
  • Vegas Love (Love,  #1)
  • Private Display of Affection
  • Capstone (Cornerstone #4)
  • Fourth and Long
  • Almost Kings
  • Saving Laura
  • The Mummy
Nicole was born and raised in California. She claims to be a San Francisco native, however she's lived in both Northern and Southern California. She credits her creativity to the fact that she attended 12 schools between kindergarten and her senior year in high school. Her nomadic childhood allowed her to reinvent herself often. Some might call her a liar. While others see the stories she told as ...more

Thizz (2 books)
  • Illusion of Ecstasy (2nd dose in the Thizz series)