Start by marking “Yorien's Hand (The Minstrel's Song #3)” as Want to Read:
Yorien's Hand (The Minstrel's Song #3)

Yorien's Hand

(The Minstrel's Song #3)

The years of Oraeyn’s short rule have been peaceful, but now ominous nightmares plague his sleep and cling to him during his waking hours. When two of his most trusted advisors disappear without a trace and not even the power of dragons can locate them, the fell promise of the king’s nightmares becomes reality.

From the furthest reaches of the world, an ancient
Published January 18th 2016 by Stormcave Studios

To ask other readers questions about Yorien's Hand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yorien's Hand

Deborah O'Carroll
Re-read August 2017

I loved it the first time BUT IT WAS EVEN MORE AMAZING ON RE-READ. Especially now that I'd read the first two books, and love all the characters SO MUCH!!!

THIS BOOK THOUGH. <333 *hugs it forever* I laughed, I cried--it moved me, Bob. I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

AND BRANT. BRAAAAAAANT!!!! AND KIERNAN KANE AND ALL THE CHARACTERS I LOVE, AND THE FANTASY AND DRAGONS AND ORIGINALITY AND JUST JUST JUST-- I LOVE. <333 Feels like home! ^____^

Now I need the last book ASA
Claire Banschbach
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Yorien’s Hand picks up three years after the events of King’s Warrior. While I loved book 2 in the series, I was really excited to get back to Kamarie and Oraeyn and the people of Aom-igh.

I really liked Oraeyn in book 1 and was really happy to get most of the book from his perspective. Kamarie is one of my favorite female heroines and I was so glad when she got to go on the quest. The characters are all awesome; Brant, Kiernan Kane- the goofy minstrel who is more than he seems, Yole
Kendra Ardnek
I need book 4!!!!

This is my favorite book of the series so far. The characters were amazing, and I enjoyed seeing how they had moved forward from the previous books. World building was amazing, the plot was exciting, although I did foresee the big twist at the end.

I recommend this for any lover of true, epic fantasy, although I suggest that one reads the first two books first.
Abbey Stellingwerff
Yorien's Hand is a fitting sequel to King's Warrior and Second Son. Often, the scale of the cultures and creatures that Jenelle Schmidt has made impressed me. The epicness of this book reminded me of Lord of the Rings. The stakes were so much higher in this book than in King's Warrior, and I can hardly imagine how much worse it will get in the next book! I enjoyed reading the development of the characters that I love and a plot that I am invested in, and I can't wait to start the next book!
Kaycee Browning
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yorien's Hand is a contemplative and action-packed adventure set in a vibrant fantasy world. Much like Lord of the Rings, the story has a fairly straight-forward plot with only a few major twists, but those twists! They are absolutely brilliant. Though each and every one of the many characters has a unique personality and background, the author manages to make all of them interesting and compelling to the reader. And my favorite aspect of this series, the world-building, certainly does not disap ...more
Savannah Jezowski
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Joseph Leskey
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody
Shelves: reviewed, fiction
A triumph, this book. In general, every single detail is especially well done. The author is very good at setting an ominous/grave/the-world-is-going-to-"end"-and-nothing-can-be-done-about-it-except-maybe-some-things sort of mood. And, of course, characters, plot, setting, magic, and all the rest of it are all nearly perfect, I suppose. And now have my high recommendations. Finis.
Ally Morcom
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: family-books
King's Warrior introduced us to Tellurae Aquaous and a cast of delightful characters, Second Son gave us a look into its history through the life of one of its most mysterious figures, but Yorien's hand leaves them far behind. Schmidt opens with a profound look into the reflections of a reluctant king, then takes us hurtling into the darkness he will soon face. All of our favorite characters are back, and they have developed a depth and charm beyond even what was present in the first two books. ...more
Deborah Klein
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I have now read books 1 and 3 of the series, and I’ve enjoyed both the characters and the stories, I consider the whole tale too derivative. Perhaps someone less familiar with Tolkien wouldn’t notice all the echoes, but I can’t count my readings and re-readings of The Hobbit and LOTR, and where I don’t find those books, I find pieces of other fantasies as well, especially The Ring of Time endless saga.

I give this author credit for one genuinely original character, and that is the Minstrel
Jeffrey A. Dewey
Awesome

Twists and turns as prophecies are revealed while evil fights to overtake the realms of young kings as the myth-folks emerge.
Celesta Thiessen
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those cases where you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. This book is actually wonderful!! It took about 23% of the book to get into it because there are so many characters and settings and things tend to jump from scene to scene rather quickly but once I was connected I just really fell in love with the people and the story. Such a beautiful ending <3
Kim  Gregory
Jan 01, 2017 rated it liked it
It took me awhile to finish this book, I had trouble getting into it unlike the first two books in the series. This book went between too many characters and it was really hard to keep the flow of the story. Each part was important to the story, but after a page or two I was suddenly somewhere else with someone else. The author never truly gave us a clear idea of who the minstrel was either, he just walked off into the sunset to continue to live on "forever"? Who knows. There were a lot of good ...more
Joseph Deumou
serena482*
Mar 05, 2018
Anand
Oct 04, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: Please help: adding newest book to existing series 5 27 Sep 18, 2015 04:34AM
During the days, I wrangle four small hobbits and help them along on their adventures.

Basically, I'm Gandalf.

But come evenings, when the hobbits are sleeping... I become my alter-ego: PLOT WIZARD (still a wizard, just a different kind)... and adventures await in the pages I scribble upon.

I write fantasy, fairy tale retellings, hints of steampunk, and I have epic

The Minstrel's Song (4 books)
  • King's Warrior (The Minstrel's Song, #1)
  • Second Son (The Minstrel's Song, #2)
  • Minstrel's Call (The Minstrel's Song, #4)