Dismiss This group has been designated for adults age 18 or older. Please sign in and confirm your date of birth in your profile so we can verify your eligibility. You may opt to make your date of birth private.

Start by marking “With Every Breath (River Bend, #1)” as Want to Read:
With Every Breath (River Bend, #1)

With Every Breath

(River Bend #1)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  194 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
Jaden Miller had one plan when she left her hometown, and it was simple—never return. She has her dream job, her freedom, and miles separating her from a past she needed to outrun. Only one thing could make her return to River Bend, and that’s her best friend on the verge of a breakdown.

From the moment Cole Brooks realized he married the wrong woman, he’d done his best to
Kindle Edition
Published October 28th 2015 by River Mist Media

Paige
3.5 "You're It" Stars

With Every Breath was my first Niecey Roy novel and this sweet second chance romance left me with a smile and a happy heart. Jaden and Cole's second chance at love was filled with humor, banter, best friends with good intentions, and just enough angst to make me keep flipping the pages to make sure that these two got the ending they deserved.

Six years ago Jaden left her small town, her best friend, and her first love behind when she had her heart broken. Determined to go be
Michelle
Oct 23, 2015 rated it liked it
As Jaden returns to her hometown, a place she left six years ago, she comes face to face with the man who broke her heart. Her best friend’s older brother and the man who she thinks is still married to the woman who he knocked up.

Cole never forgot the one who got away, but when he learned that a drunken night resulted in a child, his child – he does what he thinks is best. He gives up a chance at real love to take responsibility. Six years later and just a month shy of signing his divorce paper
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
This was just an OK read for me. I'm not found of the (view spoiler) I also didn't get that "bang" of a connection between the H/h. I thought the H was just to..I dunno...mellow I guess.

That being said, I do think this author has potential, some of the dialogue had me laughing out loud in a good way, so I may check out f
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the kind of book that pairs well with sweet wine and dark chocolate. Perfect for a little R&R/girls time out. It has everything it needs to be the perfect chick read.

-Handsome and rugged hero, check
-A cast of awesome gals to balance out our heroine, check
-Sweet secondary stories to warm your heart, check
-The kind of small town you wish desperately you lived in, check!

It was the loveliest second chance romance that sweetly creeps up to give you all the feels!

First, I have to admit t
Beeg Panda
Deserie williams
Oct 29, 2015 marked it as just-not-for-me-stay-away-hell-no
self note: not for me . I have my reasons.
Shannon
I kind of went into this book blind, having really only read the blurb. Honestly, I was expecting an angst and drama filled book, not this sweet, humorous one I got!

Second-chance romances are one of my absolute favorites and this one was so sweet and funny, it had me laughing out loud and sighing with happiness. I loved the characters in this book- the friendship between Jaden, Mia and Hillary is so fun and realistic...I want to hang out with them, painting ceramics and drinking champagne. There
Thuy (tweezyreads)
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty sweet surprise of a book. This is my first Niecey read, and I quite enjoyed it. Jaden and Cole have history. Short brief one, but they've been in each others lives since forever. Jaden is Cole's sister's best friend, and one day he saw her differently. Jaden has always liked Cole, and it was finally happening, until, a fling shows up pregnant, and Jaden leaves town. Breaking her heart. Cole moves on with his baby mama, giving that new relationship a chance. Five years pass, and ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

Unfortunately I read the second book first, so I knew what happened!!!

Even so it is an enjoyable and fun read. Jaden comes back to town after swearing she would never return, but her friend needs her, Mia. Jaden and Cole (Mia's brother) had a fling before she left. Cole got at girl pregnant and did the right thing and married her, but now they are near the end of the divorce when Jaden arrives. The whole town seems to have their own part to play.

Some characters are just so funny.
Lauren Jones
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of With Every Breath from the author in exchange for an honest review. This story is terrific! It begins with a woman named Jaden who makes her way back to River Bend, Nebraska to be there for her best friend with her failing marriage. Her rental car breaks down on the outskirts of town and she is forced to ask for assistance upon arrival. Growing up in the town, she has a past with a lot of people that she would most certainly rather forget, but the one who comes to pick her u ...more
Courtney Vasiliev
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed Cole and Jaden's story! Second chance romances are
my Jam, I just love them. This book is a really good, quick, and light
contemporary read with just the right amount of Spice!

The chemistry between these two characters just oozed off the page, Niecey
Roy did a wonderful job capturing Cole and Jaden's feelings for each other,
without coming off as if she was trying to hard.

My absolute favorite thing about this novel are the characters and their bonds. One phone call with
Ja
Maria "Rosie" Poli
A very sweet and easy going contemporary second chance romance. Cole and Jaden lose out on the first round of their romance before it gets a chance to get too serious. Jaden leaves the small town she lived in to escape her life and to get away from Cole. She dedicates her life to her career and travels the world. Three years later she returns to see her best friend Mia, who is also Cole's sister. Jaden starts to see the town she ran from in a different light. Will Jaden and Cole have a shot at a ...more
Michelle Damron
Aug 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Cheesecake
I'm a bit of a sucker for second chance romances. This didn't satisfy though. Too many other characters and drama going on. The H was kinda wishy washy. Seemed like the h had to do all work while the H let the OW passive-aggressively manipulate him. And I have to agree with another reviewer, the whole I gotta marry my baby mama drama just doesn't ring true outside of Harlequins written in the last century. Not my cup of tea I guess.
Lindsay
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love a good small town romance and even better this is a second chance romance too! I loved Cole, he was sweet, loyal and a good dad. Jaden and Cole have a sweet chemistry that never went away the years they were apart so now that Cole is divorced and she is in town, can they rekindle what they had? With a little encouragement from the right people, I think so! I loved the whole group. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Nicole Ortiz
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Jaden and Cole's story. It was a cute, funny second chance romance story with a little bit of drama. Loved the characters. My favorite is the banter between Trey and Hilary. Can't wait to read more from this series. I won an ARC and volunteered to leave a review.
Juli Hall
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Second chance romance. Loved it
BookAddict
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jaden left her small hometown behind without even a glance in her rearview mirror. When she hears the stress in the voice of her best friend, Mia, she goes home for a visit. If she can avoid the mother she hasn’t spoken to in years as well as Mia's brother, Cole, who broke her heart (or did she break his?) she’ll consider the visit home a success.

This author has such an easy, comfortable style, I find myself drawn in and halfway through the book before I realize it. I’m always a sucker for a sec
Heather Merriman
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jaden is back in River Bend where she never thought she be again but her best friend, Mia, is in need. And she’s not having much luck on this trip. On top of losing her luggage and having her rental car break down, Mia sends none other than Cole Brooks to pick her up! He’s the one that broke her heart 6 years ago and it was the final straw that sent her packing for good. And to make it worse the attraction is still there. Little does she know that he’s well on his way to single. Will Jaden be ab ...more
Cassie
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Sweet Stars!

I love a Small-town own romance and this one did not let me down. All the characters in River Bend made me want more from this series. I like that Jaden made a way for herself despite her upbringing, that she came home and it wasn't for a tragedy and that she had amazing friends that were loyal and FUN! I liked the fact that the relationship between Cole and Jaden didn't feel forced, it just seemed so natural.

I can't wait to see more of these characters, so I jumping into Only
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Cole has never forgotten the one that got away, and when Jaden comes back home and back into his life he cannot resist the attraction that never went away. But will Jaden let him back in her life? Or will the bad decisions of his youth keep him from getting everything he ever dreamed of? This book is the first for me from this author and it will not be my last. The depth of characters and the emotion that dripped from every page was fabulous. The reader gets a glimpse of other characters that ho ...more
Tessa
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was pleasantly surprised with Jaden & Cole’s story. It grabbed me right away and I caught myself sneaking in chapters. I finished it in one day and can’t wait for more. This is the story that has you wondering “what if” we had to let “the one” get away. What would you do if you had a second chance with the one true love you never forgot. Grab With Every Breath and meet the family and friends of River Bend.
Nakeyia
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
So whatever happened between Cole and his ex-wife did he get joint custody or did they switch to where he gets Micky full time and she gets him every other weekend, holiday, and birthday? ...........

I want to hear Mia story the most because she is too smart to believe that her husband wasn't doing anything the whole time after his injury everyone said he had changed negatively, I just want her HEA, but something tells me that it will be Hill and Trey's story next
Jenifer
A second chance at a love that never really got started.
Jaden makes a hometown return to visit her best friend but knows that she won't be able to avoid seeing her high school crush...since he's her best friend's older brother.

I really enjoyed all the characters and the charming little town complete with fiesty busybody old ladies. A sweet story of being able to finish what was started as kids now as adults. You really want to root for these two to get it right! Loved it!
Lori Hammons
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jaden and Cole's story is complicated to say the least. Cole did the right thing years ago and Jaden ran away. Jaden comes home for a visit to help her BFF, Cole's sister, and things start becoming right in everyone's world! I did have some questions at the end, so I'm looking forward to another book.
Jena Stelly
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I’ve read by Niecey Roy, and it won’t be my last! With Every Breath was a wonderful second chance romance. This book has it all: great hero, heroine, and supporting characters. It’s funny witty, a bit emotional at times, and ends with a HEA. I can’t wait to read more of this series! I highly recommend!!
Kristin Grella
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

Loved this second chance. They are my favorite and this one didn't disappoint. I loved Cole and Jaden's story so much that I didn't want it to end. The secondary characters were awesome too. Can't wait to read the next book.
Jean Torgeson white
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I did not expect to laugh as much as I did with this book based on the blurb. I grew up in a small town, so I usually don't read them. Thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Dianne
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was a nice second chance romance. There were section I would have liked more information/detail, but overall it was a good book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Thank you for reading With Every Breath! 1 1 Dec 10, 2015 02:05PM
  • Checkmate With Bishop (Hellion MC #5)
  • Wreaking Havoc
  • Coming Back to You
  • What Happens After...
  • The Alpha's Heart (Wilde Creek, #2)
  • Call of the Bear (Hells Canyon Shifters, #1)
  • Spin It Again (Devilish Games, #2)
  • Vegas Miracle
  • Dylan (The Sons of Dusty Walker, #1)
  • Honey House
  • Chasing Hayleigh (The Fae Guard, #3)
  • Warlord's Honor (Krystile Warriors #1)
  • Ultimate Betrayal: Revelations
  • Forever (Dragon Wars, #1)
  • And Then He
  • Vexed
  • Unsung (Country Roads, #5)
  • A Promise of Love
Once upon a time, there was a young girl who wrote sappy poetry about every relationship gone wrong. She had her heart broken many times before the man of her dreams stepped off a big Navy ship and swept her off her feet, promising to never hold her shoe obsession against her.

From that day forward, she swore she’d never again write sappy poetry of unrequited love. Instead, a sucker for smooches an