Start by marking “Not Another Sarah: Avoiding And Escaping Abuse” as Want to Read:
Not Another Sarah: Avoiding And Escaping Abuse

Not Another Sarah: Avoiding And Escaping Abuse

I like to credit my greatest successes in life to my religion, my family & friends, and the super deals I find at thrift stores and on clearance. I spent 30 years of my life planning to become a great writer and finally broke down 10 years ago and wrote Not Another Sarah. When I'm not writing or speaking out on domestic violence, I'm taking care of my husband of 15 years, ...more
Published June 1st 2006 by Millenial Press

To ask other readers questions about Not Another Sarah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Another Sarah

Start your review of Not Another Sarah: Avoiding And Escaping Abuse
~Bellegirl91~
Dec 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Imagine you're in a class (any class any age. Not just 19) and when it ends, you see this attractive guy who looks like he may "need a hug" but something in him you don't know clicks and thinks "I need to have her" and talks to you, calls you beautiful and is nice to you. Three days later*, he says he feels that God wants you two to get married and you're shocked. But you're not sure. Even when the other day he got after you angrily about asking what was wrong with heavy women.
*red flag #1&2*
N
Liz
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one day. What a triumphant woman. This book is well written. It stirred up every emotion possible but in the end I felt there is hope for goodness in the world. Read it. Everyone should read it.
Sydnie Chambers
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was very sickening and uplifting at the same time. Sarah's faith to help her overcome a horrible abusive marriage is intense. I am glad I read this book because it helps me to be more aware of the reality of abuse, but some things that I read still haunt me. I would recommend it if this is a topic that interests you.
Heather
Jan 25, 2008 rated it it was ok
Read this to gain knowledge on the subject for a friend. The supplements at the end were very helpful.
Chanelle Manosalva
Feb 05, 2014 rated it liked it
This was an interesting story about an LDS female victim who suffered severe abuse and how she escaped and her life after abuse.
Jessica
Jan 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book is an emotional read, but I learned alot from it.
Carie
Jul 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Scary and sad to find how such severe abuse can be right under most of our noses and we don't see it. Very educational!
Marie
Feb 20, 2010 rated it liked it
I was fascinated with her story. Very sad. Makes you realize how very hard it is to really trust someone.
Lyndsey

• Ask Again, Yes
  • My Story
  • Shanghai Refuge: A Memoir of the World War II Jewish Ghetto
  • Monsters
  • A Desperate Hope (Empire State, #3)
  • The Ace of Hearts  (Larkhall Letters #1)
  • We Were the Lucky Ones
  • The Lady and the Highwayman
  • Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up
  • Cook Once, Eat All Week: 26 Weeks of Gluten-Free, Affordable Meal Prep to Preserve Your Time & Sanity

News & Interviews