Start by marking “Eye of the Drone (Suki & Finch, #2)” as Want to Read:
Eye of the Drone (Suki & Finch, #2)

Eye of the Drone

(Suki & Finch #2)

Suki and Finch arrive in Moscow on a cold winter's day. Following a setback they finally travel east to look for Eurasian Lynx and Siberian Tigers. Parts of the Russian forest are being destroyed by illegal logging. Suki and Finch devise a plan to protect the trees - home to the cats and other wild animals. Their activities attract the attention of K-POG, the transnational ...more
Published December 6th 2015 by Bark and Howl Press Ltd.

Cthulhu Down My Chimney 2Night
Review: EYE OF THE DRONE by Rebecca Merry Murdock (Suki & Finch #2)

This exciting middle-grade series is both adventurous and educational. I recommend that parents and grandparents read the books along with their middle-grade readers, to discuss the wildlife, endangered species, rainforest devastation, and corporations which devastate resources. Each installment covers a different portion of the globe, in which intrepid explorers and eco-advocates Suki and Finch search for species of big cats
Bettie☯

Description: Suki and Finch arrive in Moscow on a cold winter's day. Following a setback they finally travel east to look for Eurasian Lynx and Siberian Tigers. Parts of the Russian forest are being destroyed by illegal logging. Suki and Finch devise a plan to protect the trees - home to the cats and other wild animals. Their activities attract the attention of K-POG, the transnational company who wants global domination of all forests. K-POG has spent billions on surveillance, including satelli
Clare O'Beara
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This highly imaginative series takes off like a rocket in the second book. Our two graphic heroes are set in some beautiful terrain again, and we get to see majestic wild cats like the Amur Tiger and Snow Leopard, as well as smaller ones like Pallas's Cat in Nepal. Suki and Finch are again helped by their bobcat and falcon friends, but someone mysterious has sent a spy drone to see who is trying to protect the trees in these lands.

Cats live where trees grow, so Suki and Finch are soon in big tr
amomentsilence
Jan 21, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars, actually.

A follow-up from the previous title. I think the series is doing well to keep the interest of the reader and engage the reader in the message within its pages. It's witty, funny, a bit quirky, but still most enjoyable. Of course there are some truly unbelievable moments, but all in all, I would recommend.
Jim
Mar 04, 2016 rated it did not like it
Yikes! I kept asking myself on page one, why is Santa saying "Wooo ahh! "Wooo ahh!" Is that some sort of celebratory yell like woot! or woohoo! ?

Then i realized they spelled "whoooaa!” as "woooah!" Not off to a good start.

The whole start is weird. Why did Santa leave them in the middle of Moscow with no place to go and no food? Santa's a dick! "Night waits for no one!"

I guess you really need the first book to read the second. But then at least grandma appears in a Skype to explain some things.
Jen
This book is number two in a series. It literally drops you right in the middle of the action. (In the middle of a frozen river, no less – by Santa!) With no background, it was hard to figure out what in the world was going on. For readers of the first volume, I am sure that it made much more sense. But, really, I wasn’t sure what the purpose of the kids’ exploits were, where they got their resources or funding, why they had passports but didn’t have them stamped from any of the countries they’d ...more
Carla Johnson-Hicks
This is the second book in the Wild Cats, around the globe with Suki and Finch series. I was not impressed with the first book but I liked this one. This graphic novel with 3-D characters Suki and Finch travel to Russia, China, Mongolia and Nepal in search of Wild Cats. Specifically they are looking for the Eurasian Lynx, Siberian Tiger, Snow Leopard, Asiatic Golden Cat,and Pallas's Cat.

There is so much more going on in this book. Not only are Suki and Finch sneaking into countries without havin
Dilsh Wijesinghe
Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I got this book from Bark and Howl Press Ltd via NetGalley, exchange for an honest review.

A new kind of a graphic novel. I like that change. 3-D Graphics...COOL!!!
This book is not only a graphic novel. But also a educational book. Lots of things to learn about wild cats (Eurasian Lynx, Siberian Tiger, Snow Leopard, Asiatic Golden Cat, Pallas's Cat) & countries (Russia, Mongolia, China, Nepal) etc.... I appreciate the effort that 3-D Artist took to make the pictures of this book.
Hope Faith
Apr 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just finished this book this morning.
The book struggled to keep my interest because I'm not a middle schooler.
But if I were in middle school I would want totally read this book.
I was really into cats and other countries.

This book is full of facts and is delivered in a simplistic enough way.
In such a way that other books may be lacking in.

And also, I won the book on an old account. c:
Travis Jackson
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
While it takes more than just your typical super hero comic book idea to get me interested in a graphic novel, this far surpassed what I was expecting. This is not just some look at the pictures and read the quote bubble e-book. each page provides a link for you to go beyond the story, get a greater background than what is available on the screen, so make sure you're connected to the internet and let the kids have fun exploring.
Ashley M
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley for an honest review.

Although this isn't my preference of graphic novel, I think it's audience of children and young adults will like the story and format. I did like that throughout the story, facts appear to educate the reader such as what the Kremlin is, facts about the Great Wall of China, and most of all, facts about the cats that Suki and Finch were looking for.
Len
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book via Goodreads Giveaways.
This is a clever attempt to raise awareness among (I presume) middle-graders. Somewhat sarcastic, quite 'political', the book combines beautiful photos with 3-D images of the key characters; dialog is full of short, fairly simple sentences. Predictably, bad guys include certain governments and certain corporations.
Jeanette
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was one of the lucky winners to win 'Eye of the Drone' via Goodreads First Reads Giveaway.

This was an interesting read, with lots of interesting pictures. I am sure that my two eldest grandsons will love this book.
Kristine
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this from a goodreads giveaway

This book had some great information about wild cats. The story was good the pictures awesome. I would have given it 5 stars but there was places where the dialogue was mixed up but that did not take away from the story once I figured it out
Gillian Glover
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as part of the GR First Reads program. It's an engaging read. The pictures are colorful and exotic. Suki and Finch are chased through Russia, Mongolia, China and Nepal. Quite the adventure for a pair of middle grade school kids.
Laura Cushing
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute graphic novel done with stock photos and some sort of Sims program. Kids traveling the world to learn about rare and endangered species of cats, while a sinister corporation spies on them from afar.
Dorey
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I liked the first book but this one's better - Suki & Finch go to Russia, China and Nepal. Lots of tiger pics! Yay!!!
Sharron
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. Great fun reading it with my grand daughter.
Anne Halliday
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My grandaughter loved this book. Beautiful pictures and an exciting storyline. Finally a comic book series not full of violence and female characters in push-up bodices.
Paul Franco
Dec 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Not nearly as sinister as the title suggests. This is a graphic novel about a couple of kids with a pet lynx and falcon going around the world looking for all 36 types of cats in the world, starting in Russia. This is the second volume in a planned series of 8, each taking place in a different part of the world.
Before it starts there’s a really funny image of a frog in common teenager position looking at a tablet. But this is definitely not a story with humor, in fact it seems deadly earnest. T
Phillip
Mar 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, comics
Disclaimer: I received an eARC for free from NetGalley.

Eye of the Drone didn't work for me. The character images superimposed over real life photos seems like it would be pretty good, but they weren't integrated well enough and it became distracting. The cover is a pretty fair example of what to expect within.

The other aspect that disappointed me is that there is no introduction to the characters or what they are doing. This is the second volume in the series so the creators may have assumed tha
Anthonia
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great story about the environment and two kids that want to help it. Suki and Finch are trying to help by traveling the world to help protect wild cats and other species from endangerment by making people aware of illegal logging. They are being perused by the government using a drone to find them. They have trouble here and there and they still manage to do what they need to do. A must read.
Chad
Jan 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
This was awful. It wasn't a graphic novel so much as a bunch of images that were then shoehorned into an illustrated story. The 3D art in the book is just bad. The dialogue is stilted and wooden.
Brittany
Dec 21, 2015 rated it liked it
I won this book via a goodreads giveaway. I thought it was a good informative book and I hope my oldest son will enjoy reading it as well.
A
Dec 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Interesting format for a graphic novel as well as the illustrations are a fresh approach. The kids seems intrigued & with the informative notes, it's a fun way to learn.
David
Mar 28, 2016 added it
Great book!
very informative.I learned a lot about the world.
Ethan
Sep 23, 2015
Makayla Flowers
Jan 15, 2016
Michelle Pulignani
Dec 23, 2015
Hannah Swiderski
Jan 01, 2016
  • Run With the Wind (Run Wild #1)
  • A Rough Ride to the Future
  • Travels with Gannon and Wyatt: Great Bear Rainforest
  • Allison
  • White Beech: The Rainforest Years
  • The Birds of Pandemonium
  • Ebola: The Natural and Human History of a Deadly Virus
  • Twilight of the Belle Epoque: The Paris of Picasso, Stravinsky, Proust, Renault, Marie Curie, Gertrude Stein, and Their Friends Through the Great War
  • David Attenborough Life Stories
  • The Fantastic Jungles of Henri Rousseau
  • Scouting for Boys: A Handbook for Instruction in Good Citizenship
  • Throwim Way Leg: Tree-Kangaroos, Possums, and Penis Gourds
  • The Fellowship: The Untold Story of Frank Lloyd Wright and the Taliesin Fellowship
  • Dolphin in the Deep (Animal Ark, #22)
  • The Midnight Fox
  • Safe Haven
  • Red Tide: The Chinese Invasion of Seattle (Occupied Seattle, #1)
  • A Devil to Ride (Jinny, #2)
Rebecca Murdock is a trade union lawyer from Vancouver, Canada. ROCCO'S WINGS is her debut novel (pre-teen). Rebecca lives on the edge of a temperate rainforest, called the Great Bear Rainforest farther north. A portion of all book sales is donated to protecting wild habitats.

"We're all on this rock together. Let's make room."™ (Trademark - Bark and Howl Press Ltd.)

Links:
Sample chapters on Amazon

Suki & Finch (2 books)
  • Wild Cats (Suki & Finch, #1)