Start by marking “The Perfect Tear” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Tear

The Perfect Tear

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  61 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Eleanor, a timid, yet resilient orphan, dreams of a life outside the abbey.

Lerion, an arrogant, yet creative novice, dreams of ruling the universe.

Twelve dimensions separate them, but it isn’t far enough.

Eleanor dreams of a life outside the abbey walls, even though the people are starving and the roads are awash with bandits. She wants to help. Her songs can transform barr

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Tear, please sign up.
Connie Lansberg Katherine was uninitiated. She didn't have part of the Second Vibration in her. She never used the comb, only the little song Tsrera gave her. There…moreKatherine was uninitiated. She didn't have part of the Second Vibration in her. She never used the comb, only the little song Tsrera gave her. There are other like Katherine too and you will meet one in the second part, The Living Library. (less)

Elaine
The story starts with a competition, the results of which have the potential to change the human world forever! This is a tale of mystery, machinations, manipulations, magic and more! It tells the story of Eleanor, born both unexpectedly and prematurely, likened to being the runt of the litter, she’s also someone with the ability to sing nature into balance. She’s feisty, determined and someone who fights for the survival of others. I loved the first example of this where we are introduced to Be ...more
Emily
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-copies
Music is the basis of reality. Eleanor has known this since birth, as she has been blessed with the amazing ability to manipulate nature through her song, making wounds heal and plants grow. Meanwhile, two supernatural contestants battle over the existence of the human world, one contestant bringing chaos and destruction with every step closer. Thrown into the middle of it is Eleanor, unknowingly holding the key to the world’s survival or destruction.

Wow. The Perfect Tear is not what I expected
Emily-Jane Orford
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, fantasy, music
Music is the very foundation of life. It resonates, vibrates from the very core of every living thing, the DNA that defines who and what we are. Like the famous oft-repeated quote by Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900) tells us, “Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Tsera understands this. In fact, she incorporated the power of music into all of her creations. She is, after all, the Main Creator, the keeper and protector of all that is, the keeper and protector of music, the very breath of life.
Michele
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a thoroughly enjoyable Young Adult novel. It is a fantasy complete with magical powers and ruled by people of I think not this world. It even has a Prince who falls for a peasant girl (Eleanor). The woman who imagined our world and brought it into being with musical notes was being challenged by another of her world. Our world was being unraveled and only a singer with excess DNA strands given to them by the creator could save it.

Eleanor and her friends go through some harrowing experiences
Laure Valentin
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you love once-upon-a-time stories, with kings, magic and impossible loves, then The Perfect Tear will delight your inner child. But it’s not just another fairy tale, far from it. The magic you find in this book does not use a mirror or a wand to take shape, the villain is not an evil magician or a witch, the heroin’s pet is not a graceful cat or a warhorse, powers don’t appear in a shower of sparks… and even though you meet an Edward and a Bella, there are no vampires in this world!

The Perfe
Asma (Weasleyswizardingbooks)
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
A really well written story! I love the concept of harmonies and melodies in this new world. The characters were epic! And I love how each character played a part in the plot. And the plot was awesome with a lot of unexpectedness! Don't want to give anything away but if you're looking for a little something different, it's really, really good! I don't know why, but I think fans of Tangled the movie will enjoy this book!
Grady
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
‘Protecting the Living Library and all it contained was paramount.’

Australian singer/songwriter/author Connie Lansberg who makes an auspicious literary debut with a novel that has already been optioned as a film! A woman of many talents, she has also received grants from the Victoria Council of the Arts for the development of mobile phone games that she created, continued her education by taking scriptwriting classes at the Australian Film and Television School in Melbourne, and still maintains
Lulu // RoadsideReader

facebook // twitter // bloglovin // youtube

A world created by song with divine beings described as frequencies, this is the universe in The Perfect Tear by Connie Lansberg. It feels a tad bit more sci-fi than fantasy, simply because of the frequency and experiment premise, also the lack of traditional fantasy staples such as fantastic creatures. Still, it’s an entertaining and original story.

Lansberg does a superb job of having readers connect with Eleanor (and Bella, my fave) by having the rea
Lora Shouse
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Perfect Tear is certainly a different kind of fantasy story. It is a tale of two worlds. One is an idyllic-sounding place filled with beings who seem to be composed primarily of airy light and vibrations, who are initially sung into existence by a pair of co-creators, and whose primary occupation appears to be creating things using vibrations.

There is a contest to see which novice creator can create the best creation. Lerion and Lalycri both want to win so they will be allowed to create agai
Seraphina (Seraphina's world Book Blog)
“Because I love her more than I’m afraid she will die”
“Music was around her and under her and inside of her. She felt as though she might fly.”

"I received digital copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review"

First let me tell you quickly how I got this book. As you know I'm active on Instagram (Bookstagram) and I saw a post about this book and commented how beautiful cover is and how interesting story sounds. Few hours later I received an e-mail from Connie and a book. How
Sarah Rehmatullah
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: iread-book-tours
The Perfect Tear is a story I was able to immediately identify with. Before I began reviewing, I was a meditator, beginning at the young age of 14, then later initiated to Reiki Masters, so the storyline received by undivided attention quickly. Beginning with an overview of the plot immediately, you learn of the competition, and the essence of such, which is creation of third dimensional density and the gift of song. Song balances nature, bringing forth boundless harvest for nourishing the physi ...more
Dhivya Balaji
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
FIRST IMPRESSION:

I have always tried to read books from different genres, having prior experience with finding my most favorite books from genres I thought were least possible to be from. Fantasy is one such genre. Some of my most favorite books have come from this, and some have made me wish I never picked them up. So when I got a chance to read 'The Perfect Tear', something told me it would be a well written book, with attention to detail and clearly of excellent lilting prose.

The book's cove
Jordan
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book, and I would give it 6 stars (out of 5) if I could. I would like to start out by saying that I thought that this book was very unique, and I haven’t read anything even close to it. Aside from the fact that the main character is a poor girl and she falls in love with a prince, nothing else about this book was in anyway a copy or a re-creation/ retelling of anything else that I've read or seen before.

I loved all of the characters in this book because they all felt like
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I decided to read The Perfect Tear by Connie Lansberg. The fact that it was a fairytale/fantasy mix intrigued me. I was pleasantly surprised how quickly I became immersed in the story and loved Eleanor and her family. The story begins with a science fiction setting as we are introduced to Tsera's world, a powerful other world that functions with music and sound and seems to be above the earth.

The story then shifts to a medieval setting and we come to know
Tonja Drecker
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
With a mixture of classic fairy tale and a dab of science fiction, this story takes a fantastic journey into music, DNA and discovering the treasure of life.

Eleanor is an orphan with a very special gift; she's a singer. She lives in a world where life itself is founded on music, and all is called into creation through a musical formula. And she is one of the most special creations of all. When one of her fellow beings decides to alter the basis music, the entire existence threatens to fall apart
Dawn
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I chose to read this book after receiving a free ecopy. All opinions in the review are my own and completely unbiased.

The Perfect Tear is a young adult fantasy about creators of new things using vibrations. They compete to become the Main Creator who is currently Tsera. The winner of the competition can compete against Tsera to become the Main Creator. Lerion wins the competition but when he learns the rules of competing against Tsera, he knows it will be difficult to win. He has the option of d
Carla
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An imaginative, unique story that leaves you wanting to know more, especially at the end! The Perfect Tear is magical with Eleanor and her connection to Tsera and the Earth, at the heart of our story.

Eleanor was orphaned at a young age but her childhood was very special. She is a special child who carries with her very unique abilities that are in tune to Mother Earth. She doesn't understand her true purpose but she knows that her heart desires more than just being with the nuns. She is adventur
Carly
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review:

Thank you so much to the author herself, Connie Lansberg, for sending me a copy of her novel in exchange for my honest review.

What a thoroughly enjoyable Young Adult novel. It is a fantasy complete with magical powers and ruled by people of I think not this world. It even has a Prince who falls for a peasant girl, which is quite rare in novels written today.

I loved all of the characters in this book because they all felt like real people who I could know and be friends with. As well, I
Jessica Bronder
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Earth was created by Tsera, the Main Creator, and has infused everything with music. Lerion is jealous of Tsera and is planning on how to become the Main Creator. He has come up with a plan to destroy Earth. But Tsera has enhanced one human with extra DNA to be able to save the whole world.

Eleanor is an orphan living with nuns. She doesn’t want to take vows and become a nun. She hopes that her love Edward will save her, but Edward is a prince and cannot help her. Eleanor learns she has a destin
Jill Crainshaw
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Connie Lansberg has created an enchanting world for readers of all ages but in particular for young adult readers. Striking about this book is the author's imagining of an alternative world brought into being by songs and singing. That the characters hold songs and can sing color and vegetation into being is intriguing and serves as a lyrical thread to hold this far-reaching story together. What sets this story apart from other young adult fantasy tales is the strength of the female characters, ...more
Sue Hodges
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Perfect Tear is a delightful surprise. Not just a fantasy, but a gritty medieval tale of good versus evil and courage through adversity. Our heroine is Eleanor, a simple farm girl with an extraordinary gift of song. This gift is stolen by the evil Lerion, an inter-dimensional being who, wants to destroy the world she loves. To defeat him, she has to find the exquisite crystal that holds the answer to her future salvation. The story goes to some very dark places, but there is always a feeling ...more
Pegboard
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Connie Lansberg’s first novel, The Perfect Tear, is quite impressive. She accomplishes very quickly the tone and magic of the plot and characters. She starts with beings in a tenth dimension competing among each other for the right to challenge Tsera. Tsera was the Main Creator, but Lerion felt he must win the right to create. Lerion felt Tsera’s creation, the earth, was too inferior for the energy she was using.
Next we meet the humble humans, Charles and Maria. Maria is a Song Singer, who just
A. Aaroones)
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Perfect Tear is a perfect fantasy novel. Not only was the writing edited perfectly, but the story itself was phenomenal. The Perfect Tear is a novel about loss and survival, and those are aspects of life that we all have to master at some point.

Connie Lansberg's writing reads like watercolor art. The words flow together seamlessly, and her story reads like a dream. I felt connected to each character, and I found myself lost in the book as soon as I read the first few pages. Lansberg's fantas
Cheshire
Oct 31, 2016 rated it liked it
I would classify this book as young adult, action/adventure, science fiction. It has good grammar and spelling. The plot is interesting if a bit slower than I'd like. It had alot of action, but almost too much action and of course our heroes continue to survive when the odds were not in their favor.

If your are a religious person you may not like that this book has another version of God, which is the race you first meet. They do worship God in the book, but other than some nuns and this premise
Dalene
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank the author for gifting me this book. I enjoyed reading this story it is well written. The characters are well developed and the storyline is good. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Ashley Aponte
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story was beautiful, creative, well written, and easy to read. I loved the idea behind this story as well. I enjoyed reading every minute of it, and was even brought to tears at the end. If you like strong female characters, overcoming fear, and a sweet love story, you will love this book.
#TheUnratedBookshelf
Keira
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
For me, 3 stars is a book I will almost certainly keep and recommend to others because it was almost definitely FUN. This book was fun, but a tad confusing at times and the first half was a tad lacklustre, although the second half certainly made up for it. I definitely recommend this book if science + music sounds interesting and you enjoy thinking of a world controlled by others in which sentient beings live (and yes, that is phrased badly- I'm tired).

SEE A FULL PICTORIAL REVIEW ON MY BLOG FRO
Pedro Camacho
Aug 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Es un libro interesante, aunque un poco extraño y deslabazado a veces. La idea de partida es muy buena, pero el desarrollo es, para mi gusto, demasiado simple. Al texto le falta un poco de cohesión y estar mejor enlazado para evitar cierta brusquedad en el cambio de secuencias.
Dicho esto, me ha gustado bastante.
Nahal (nahalreads)
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
I was sent this book by the lovely author, Connie Lansberg, in exchange for an honest review. Thank you again so much for sending this! Now for the review. The way I see this book is that it has an incredibly awesome premise, but the execution leaves me a little disappointed. I give it a 2.5 stars out of 5. We follow the story of Eleanor, an orphan girl with a gift of singing. The world she lives in was created by different beings who can sing things into creation. One of these beings is threate ...more
Angela Thompson
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lansberg creates a very intricate story in The Perfect Tear. As the plot moves along, readers find themselves drawn into changing settings--with very different themes at times. The story is presented from varying points of views in scenes ranging from science fiction to fantasy to historical fiction--with elements of each lingering a bit at times. The Perfect Tear is written in a very unique format. So much so that, while I can call it a young adult novel--I'm hesitant to label it as only one wr ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Connie’s first novel, The Perfect Tear, is suited to a young adult audience, but its message is universal. It’s an embowering fairytale of the heroine Eleanor who is gifted with songs that she can sing for the enlightenment of herself and others. The novel’s basic premise is how when love becomes stronger than fear our true character is revealed.

“As an artist, I’m on a quest to see what’s inside m
More about Connie Lansberg

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Black Witch (The Black Witch Chronicles, #1)
  • The Final Six
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Honor Among Thieves (The Honors, #1)
    $10.00 $1.99
  • Orphan Island
    $9.00 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“The first thing anybody tells you about this business is to say what makes you unique and different, but I couldn’t and the very idea of it never sat well with me and after much deliberation, I finally realized why.
Because, I’m not unique or different–I’m exactly like you and I love that.
We each have a unique filter through which we interpret the world, and with this filter in place, I write stories and songs and you might find them surprising or intriguing or confronting, you may relate or you may not. They may make you laugh and sometimes, even cry.
You may or may not understand what I’m trying to say and you may not understand me, however, rest assured, once we get past the filters, at our core, we are wonderfully and beautifully, exactly the same.”
2 likes
“When I was a small child, my mother told me every heart is pure and good, and no heart can ever be broken beyond repair. I didn’t understand, yet I never forgot her words.” 0 likes