Start by marking “Barbarian Mine (Ice Planet Barbarians, #4)” as Want to Read:
Barbarian Mine (Ice Planet Barbarians, #4)

Barbarian Mine

(Ice Planet Barbarians #4)

The ice planet has given me a second lease on life, so I'm thrilled to be here. Sure, there's no cheeseburgers, but I'm healthy and ready to be a productive member of the small tribe.

What I didn't anticipate? That there'd be a savage stranger waiting nearby, watching me. And when he takes me captive, the unthinkable happens... I resonate to him.

Resonance means mating, and
Published November 3rd 2015 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Barbarian Mine, please sign up.

Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
4 "Repeat" Stars

As I said in my review for the previous book in this series, I am having a hard time picturing the dudes in this book as being sexy, what with the way they are described.

Let's review: blue, horns, fangs, ridged metal-like plates on various body parts, three-fingered hands and toes, tails, and lemme repeat HORNS.

Hmmmmmmm...okie dokie...

All I get in my mind is a bad mix of that Tom Cruise Legend movie demon:

Sully from Monsters, Inc.::

description (

This scary dude:

And some variati
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
My name is Jess and I'm addicted to the blue aliens of Not-Hoth.

I want to marry Ruby Dixon. For real.

The entire time I read this, I was a bundle of nervous energy. Would this be as good as the others? Who is the mysterious blue alien that has kidnapped Harlow? Will I love this blue alien more than my gorgeous Raahosh?

“It is like we are joined, somehow. Like our bodies have decided to sing a song together. I like that.”

I’m incredibly pleased to say that while Raahosh still has my heart, this
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
2.5 mostly-Rukh stars

Barbarian Mine focuses on Harlow and Rukh, Raahosh's long lost brother, presumed to be dead. In fact, Rukh grew up alone in the wild since he was 7 years old (or something like that). Hence, he does not speak or wear clothes. And he literally clubs Harlow and takes her to his cave.

description

Fast forward one year and we have a very pregnant Harlow and a much more presentable Rukh. He actually ta
Alp
This was sweet, lovely, and beautiful!

Barbarian Mine, the fourth installment in Ice Planet Barbarians series, is far better than the previous books. Actually, it has been the cutest one in this series so far!

Harlow was one of human women on this ice planet. While she was out in the snow, looking for something to make a travois to take the injured blue alien back to the healer, Rukh spied on her and then silently went to her. When she was aware of him, he panicked and hit her head, and then he ki
Jilly
Feb 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: alien-smut
You remember when all those old sit-com shows would have a "very special episode" where they had serious stuff going on and they weren't funny that week? Why is my alien smut doing that to me? I want funny, silly, and outrageous - not angst - and certainly not cancer. Sheesh!

some formulas shouldn't be messed with!

So, in this book, we get Harlow and Rukh. They met in the last book when Harlow was out cutting a tree branch and was hit over the head by someone and dragged away. Well, that was Rukh
Sophia Triad
Harlow disappeared, when she was needed the most. Where is Harlow?

Harlow has resonated, has been clubbed over the head and dragged away in the snow by someone. Does this remind you something? Who else has kidnapped his girl? Raahosh, anyone? Apparently the kidnapping approach runs in the family.

Rukh is a nice blue alien. He is a bit smelly and dirty; he does not know how to speak; he is naked continuously; he does not use fire and blankets and he does not understand resonating.
But he is a true
CC
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I do not know what a 5 star is for me anymore, but when I think about what I would have wanted the author to do differently and come up blank, and I am really happy after reading, how can I justify a lower rating?

-----------------

Wow. I expect a little light alien smut and instead got this.

This story was so sweet. The story had so much depth and emotion. Most of it is spent with just the two MCs, so it could easily have been a disaster. But I fell in love with Rukh and Harlow, and they were both
Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*

I'm getting bored.

Apparently there are only so many times I can handle reading about mating and babies and very important choices getting taken away from people by the khui. I would also like to know why the khui seems to care so much about prolonging the life of their hosts' tribe, especially when they take it from another being entirely. Unless it sort of absorbs the wishes of the host? That's a possibility. Get on it, Dixon.

These books are also becoming too mushy for me. I get it, you all are
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Not my favorite of the bunch but still thoroughly entertaining. This series is good in small doses. lol I wouldn't binge through it, some parts are just kind of repetitive so it helps to read, say, one book a week. :)
Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Buddy Read with the Alien Smut Loving Aussies

This may be my new favorite blue alien hunk! It's that adorably sweet and swoony. I was not disappointed in this book, but can Ruby Dixon ever disappoint when it's about Not-Hoth?

Welcome back to the freezing planet of Not-Hoth, it's time for Harlow's story. In the previous book, we're left wondering what has become of Harlow, she is kidnapped by something or someone. We were taunted with the info of there being an unknown sa-khui alien on the planet
MelaDWolf
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, romance
3.5stars!

If you read book two do you remember that hero said that he once had a brother but he died?? Well, in this one you find out that he is not dead.

Rukh is a child of wild. He grow up alone and you can't really call him a human being. He wasn't in contact with any of his species for a long time, and when he finds his mate - Harlow - he already forgotten a lot of things. Like, how to speak.

There was a lot of thing that I liked here. Like how Harlow explained to him how to talk again. How he
Carol
4++ stars.
Hmm, how do I sum up this series????
Well let's start with this extraordinary world that Ruby Dixon has created. It is very visual and so well described in her writing that my imagination didn't have to work too hard but was also stimulated enough to make everything feel very real.
I was intrigued by the concept that both the humans and the aliens had to accept a small parasite or "cootie" into their body to survive on the Ice Planet. This cootie not only ensured their survival and helpe
2.5 And-another-one-bites-the-dust Stars

Baby batter!!! (yes, I just went there….. yes, I think it’s hilarious! You’re welcome!)

I think it may be safe to say that I have had enough of the rinse-wash-repeat of this blue alien smut series, for the time being. I get that it’s mindless smut about a breed of aliens that need populating and the poor human ladies who love them….

My issues with this story weren’t even about the above, however. My issues stem from the “mystery” elements of this story… the
Jacqueline's Reads
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 This is what I’m talking about Stars

I was slightly disappointed with the previous book in this series and so I read other books. BUT there’s something about this series that makes me go back to it.

And I did.

And I’m happy again. This one (and the first one) are probably my favorite books. I really enjoyed the storyline and the characters.

We know that Harlow gets taken, but by whom?

Rukh has been on his own for AWHILE. He forgot how to speak and he’s pretty much like a caveman, but I guess we
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
4.5 Stars

I just love a bit of blue alien masturbation, it gets my motor going.

description

Rukh reminded me a lot of Ehd from Transcendence, the language barrier, how shocked and excited he gets about sexual 'relations'.

It's not just all the naughty things that go on in these books, it's the world of Not-Hoth. I like reading about all the different creatures they come across. The whole idea of making caves their own and using what they can find to make themselves as comfortable as possible. I just love it a
Penny
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 3.5 stars.

I am addicted to this series.
Hannah
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: stand-outs
I'm rating this book 4 stars. This was definitely my favourite book of the series so far. It's also my favourite couple. I really liked this but I just wish it was longer.
Daniella
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Okay, I admit it. I am addicted to this series. I just can't get enough of these loveable blue aliens.

Seriously. This is basically me when I found out that Barbarian Mine was already out:
description

I practically abandoned everything just so I could drive straight home, curl up in my sofa and enjoy some good alien smut.

And boy was it good.

I never thought that anyone could replace Liz and Raahosh as my favourite leads in this series, but I was wrong. Dead wrong. Rukh, for one, was beyond amazing. Yeah, I ha
♛ Garima ♛
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it

I'm reading this as fast as I can - I mean entire series. I'm like this - I'm going to eat all chocolates!

Actual review:
Another serious issue handled in this one. I'm guessing from now on as Dixon has eased reader's into settings, she is moving into more domestic issues.

it pretty much started like this -

Rukh clubbing Harlow and dragging to his cave. But soon, it turned out alright.

One more happy ending and I'm already started with Barbarian's Prize.
Brendy
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Brendy by: Love it all bookworm
Shelves: out-space
I'm am aunt!!!! yeah people I'm an aunt of a little interracial niece, 'cause as I already said Liz is my book BFF so far!!!
I'm really uncertain about the rating, I'd give it 5 but there were some emotions that didn't explode... So being specifically around 4.5.
These aliens just keep sweeping our feet off... I'm in love of them I want one of them, can I go all interstellar traveling now?
As you see.. So excited!... So review to come! But seriously I love them!
---------------------------------
Sh3lly (grumpybookgrrrl.com)
Oh Ruhk, you are such a barbarian ... basically clubbing your female over the head and stealing her away just like a caveman. But you are so hot and sweet, I couldn't hold it against you.

I liked this one a lot! I liked how they both were loners and made their own world away from the other tribe members. This one reminded me of Transcendence a little.

This series is all about mates and babies (which usually annoys me), but because of the premise, it makes sense, and totally works for me.

I loved
Aileene
Case Re-Opened

Reason:
To amend the Decision given on 21 Oct 2015.

Case:
One earthling female {name withheld} who presented a good argument made an appeal for emendation.

Said decision:
The justices struggle to write a verdict that all female population could agree to.
And it has been decided that Ruby Dixon MUST continue to write this series until our female population is sated to their core.

Recommended revision:
And
Naksed
If you had told me a year ago I would five-star a pulpy sci-fi/erotic romance hybrid featuring Earth Girls and sexy, horned and tailed blue barbarian aliens, I would have loudly cackled and then smoothly tip-toed my way away from the crazy loon who uttered that opinion.

Well, Ruby Dixon has proved to my snobbish self that it doesn't matter the genre, what matters is the writing. This isn't even a five star qualified with "for this genre" or labeled as a guilty pleasure.

This book moved me more
Erika

4.5 stars! Wish I didn't have to round my stars here, but I don't feel right about 4, so I am rounding up in this case.

Very sweet romance that was well-written with decent world-building. I loved both main characters, Rukh and Harlow. The first half, when Rukh and Harlow were alone, reminded me of Transcendence, one of my favorite books.

Overall, one of the most enjoyable romances I have read out of the past 25. It is amazing what can be accomplished in a novella length book. Looking at some of
 B.E.Love
**re-read**
I want my own Barbarian stars, man I loved this book so be warned this may come off as a gushing review because it kind of will be lol. I have read all but one book from this series(and just because I kind of got busy and it slipped my mind, but I will be reading it), and I knew right away with book one that this author had written something very special. I love PR but as I have said in the past it is harder for me to find these type of books I like and something different. Well Ruby
Hana ♡
5 Stars!

Great addition to this series, I loved it through and through. Harlow and Rukh were amazing characters, Harlow is so smart and understanding it was nice reading such a positive character that made the best of her situations and worked hard no matter what. And Rukh is the most barbarian of all the barbarians so far due to his upbringing, he was so sweet and reminded me of Ehd from Transcendence because of the innocence and naivete. He's super protective and loving and I instantly became a
Kitten Mercer
Rukh and Harlow reminded me so much of Ehd and Beh from Transcendencethinking about that book tears me up again *sniffs*—minus the whole paranormal, alien stuff. Their story was one of the sweetest romances I've read. Seriously. My heart is overflowing with happiness just reading this book. And did I mention that the hero's a virgin? A very possessive virgin alien?? And mind you, he'd kill anyone who'd take his mate away from him. This just couldn't get any more perfect. I'm so glad that Rukh f ...more
Cyndi
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I loved this so much! Rukh is such a wonderful hero! He was loyal, sweet, loving, and a quick learner. His childhood was so lonely and I was so happy when he ended up with Harlow. Harlow is a great heroine. She was strong, smart, and sweet. I appreciated that she didn't fight the resonance too long. The way they were with each other was very heartwarming. I also loved how Rukh was with Raahosh and Vektal. I think I enjoyed this one the most so far out of the series.
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a cute, quick read. A lot of people said in their reviews that this reminded them of Transcendence, and I agree that it had that kind of feel. I appreciated how in this one, the language barrier was worked on and became not as big of an obstacle as it did in Transcendence. The H had been all alone since he was a young boy, so he lost a lot of the knowledge that he could've had by being around others. He was also a virgin, so that made his naiveté really cute.
Talltree
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
  • Apparition (New World, #4)
  • Ruth's Bonded (Ruth & Gron, #1)
  • Stealing Mercury (Arena Dogs #1)
  • Captured (Alien Space Pirates, #1)
  • Of Another Dimension
  • Starkissed
  • Captured (Warriors of Hir,  #1)
  • Crimson Shackles (The Ta'e'sha Caesurae, #2)
  • Captured
  • Viper's Hope (Anguis Defenders, #1)
  • Vall's Will
  • The Melier (Women of Dor Nye, #1)
  • Hunted (Eden, #2)
  • The Gladiators (Enslaved, #3)
  • Hunting Cari (First Wave, #1)
  • Venomous (Alien Warrior, #1)
  • Dark Planet Warriors: The Complete Serial (Dark Planet Warriors, #1)
  • Wray (Tornians, #2)
Ruby Dixon is the secret penname of a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author. As Ruby, she writes sexy barbarian aliens, grumpy shifters, and domineering bikers.

Ice Planet Barbarians (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Ice Planet Barbarians (Ice Planet Barbarians, #1)
  • Barbarian Alien (Ice Planet Barbarians, #2)
  • Barbarian Lover (Ice Planet Barbarians, #3)
  • Barbarian's Prize (Ice Planet Barbarians, #5)
  • Barbarian's Mate (Ice Planet Barbarians, #6)
  • Barbarian's Touch (Ice Planet Barbarians, #7)
  • Barbarian's Taming (Ice Planet Barbarians, #8)
  • Barbarian's Heart (Ice Planet Barbarians, #9)
  • Barbarian's Hope (Ice Planet Barbarians, #10)
  • Barbarian's Choice (Ice Planet Barbarians, #11)
“And he can’t stop staring at me, as if I’m some magical dick-sucking unicorn come to life.” 10 likes
“We will stay. Our son will need friends. You will need the healer. And I," he says, grazing his thumb over my mouth. "Will always need you. A male cannot exist apart from its heart.” 7 likes