Start by marking “MPD-Psycho, Volume 5” as Want to Read:
MPD-Psycho, Volume 5

MPD-Psycho, Volume 5

(MPD Psycho #5)

After last volume’s surprising betrayal and bloodbath, Amamiya — the multiple personality detective of the Isono Criminal Research Lab — faces a new threat in the form of the young "Lucy 7" deviants! In the midst of new murderous messes, bumbling Detective Sasayama finds himself in a criminal profiler contest fueled by the Japanese media. An American profiler arrives to wo ...more
Published June 17th 2008 by Dark Horse Manga (first published April 11th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about MPD-Psycho, Volume 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about MPD-Psycho, Volume 5

Start your review of MPD-Psycho, Volume 5
Maria
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it
this is way too twisted. bizarre.
Tina
Sep 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
OK i think I'm going to stop here, this series gets worse with each passing book
Charles
Yoda Bor
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
J’ai eu beaucoup de mal avec ce tome.
Déjà j’avais pas mon petit carnet avec les noms sous la main, du coup, j’ai ramé avec les persos déjà connus.
Mais en plus, on nous rajoute toute une troupe de gamins et un nombre impressionnant de personnes ayant le même nom de famille, ce qui fait que je me suis retrouvée toute embrouillée (pourquoi tout le monde s’appelle Nishizono ou Amamiya sérieusement ?).

En plus, il y a du y avoir un saut dans le temps, car Tetora, le gamin cingl
Gabriel
Jul 30, 2013 rated it liked it
After the masterpiece of Volume 4, we walk into this volume. It plays off of various horror tropes as well as tries to recap most of what has happened in the previous collections. There is also an attempt at dark humor - or at least a lighter tone - as the shift in central character moves from our confused and flawed MPD detective to the bumbling Detective Sasayama. The premise is too much of a gimmick to take seriously. However, the strong end scene promises better things from future volumes.

O
Damon
Aug 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
I love these. I have no idea what's happening. I don't know who anyone is, mostly because several of the characters are more than one person, and there are more than one of some of the people they are. But whatever is going on is weird and twisted and bloody, with random gratuitous nudity. The art has that great "detached" manga feel, so no matter how much chaos spills out of the story, everything is viewed with the same patient attention to detail and almost clinical tone, which adds to the dis ...more
Noctvrnal
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Volume 5 finally admits that there are involved more countries than just Japan in this story which is intriguing. I finally am able to see difference between two of main character's personalities and author shows more of main plot revealing only a little at the time. It's kinda still confusing with all Lucy Monostone deal but I hope it will be explained in the near future. Great volume.
Emma
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, japanese, dropped
Ugh! I'm done! Half of this doesn't make sense and the other half is just a meandering mess of a plot that goes nowhere. The first few volumes showed some promise, but I just can't keep trying anymore!
Steven Shroyer
Feb 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
This volume feels kinda klunky compared to the last 4. The Mystery gets deeper and the violence is there but I think this volume kind of flows a tad bit choppy, hence the star deduction. I really hope the next 4 volumes are better flowing than this one!
Titis Wardhana
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Gitu itu anak2 SMP sok2an jadi penegak kebenaran, bunuh2in orang dewasa yang ngeselin, tapi pas giliran mereka terdesak, begging2 gak mau dibunuh... Dan ternyata anak kecil yang selamat dari Toguchi ternyata adalah Nishizono kedua.. mystery keeps rolling...
Baal Of
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Continues with the gore, conspiracy, and confusion. Adds in an ability of one character to transfer his personality into another person, which kind of takes this out of the realm of vaguely plausible, and into the realm of supernatural. Not sure I like that aspect, but ok, I'll let it go.
Jon
Sep 30, 2011 added it
Getting far more sci-fiy now. I'm liking it a lot. Hard to keep myself from reading volumes six and seven right now.
Abel
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fuerte y más intenso
Katrin
Jan 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
this keeps getting better and better with each new volume..and more confusing
Russell Grant
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Well, the serial just went straight into "HOLY FUCK!" land with this one. In a good way.
Robert Chartrand
mḏz.
Aug 11, 2013

• Mail (Volume 1)
  • Blame!, Vol. 2
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 7 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #7)
  • 7 Billion Needles, Vol. 3
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 9: A Nameless Monster (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #9)
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Volume 2 (Ōoku: The Inner Chambers / 大奥, #2)
  • Battle Angel Alita - Last Order : Angel Redux, Vol. 12
大塚英志

Social anthropologist and novelist. Graduated from college with degree in anthropology, women's folklore, human sacrifice and post-war manga. In addition to his work with manga he is a critic, essayist, and author of several successful non-fiction books on Japanese popular and “otaku” sub-cultures. One of his first animation script works was Maho no Rouge Lipstick, an adult lolicon OVA. O

MPD Psycho (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • MPD Psycho, Vol. 1