Start by marking “Saris and the City” as Want to Read:
Saris and the City

Saris and the City

Love, lingerie and family loyalties collide in this sexy, sassy tale of chasing success - but at what cost?

When ambitious City analyst Yasmin Yusuf's hope for a traditional 'happy ever after' in the romance stakes is shattered she decides there's only one course of action: get smart, sexy and successful. And what better way to achieve it than by turning around a failing

Published August 14th 2014 by Headline (first published April 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Saris and the City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saris and the City

Start your review of Saris and the City
✨
Sep 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Prachi Pati
I skim read this book, once I was half way through and realised I wasnt invested in the story or any of the characters at all. For me, that's as good as DNF-ing the book.

I had some expectations from the book, but unfortunately, it did not live up to my expectations. I found multiple issues such as

1. Couldn't relate the story to the Title of the book at all
2. All the conversation on Equity and lingerie fashion were lost on me
3. I felt the writing too simplistic and the plot rushed. For example,
Smita Beohar
Yasmin Yusuf has it all planned. A cushy job as analyst, marriage the guy of her dreams; Samuel and happiness ever after. But do things ever go as per plan?

Dead sure that Sam will be proposing to her on this special date, she leaves no stone unturned to be dressed for the occasion and announces the engagement in front of her colleagues (read a dishy boss). But it turns out that the excitement & secrecy in Sam’s voice wasn’t for she what was expecting. In fact her much anticipated
Sita
Sep 14, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I'm always interested with Asian writing and I adore chick-lit. So when the two combine, as the case is with this book, of course I couldn't resist it.

Ms Waheed does not disappoint. I thoroughly enjoyed Yasmin Yusuf's journey to find 'the One' :) Her character is quite believable, reminds me of some of my friends and she doesn't go overboard in describing the the other characters. The loving dad, the strict brothers, the dashing hero, and the rest. Although I do feel that due to the title, its
Rosina
Nov 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
It's always interesting reading books based in cultures other than your own. Due to this there was less drinking then there usually is in chick-lit as well as the use of a language unfamiliar to me. But you're never left confused by the terms and the book does have some sweet and funny moments.

The romance did maybe feel a little rushed however and I kind of want to know more about what happened with Baby O but it was an okay book.
Moon Love
Apr 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rekha Waheed has done it again! She's written another great book. I loved Yasmin Yusuf's character! She was a woman of integrity and one tough cookie to boot! And Zachary Khan sounds like every woman's dream man; tall, dark(ish) and handsome!

I'm just hoping Ms. Waheed writes and releases some more books soon!
Sonaksha
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zachary Khan.

That’s enough to make this book one of the best LBD books. Absolutely loved everything from the language to the honesty. It wasn’t being pretentious or trying to be something else. The simplicity of the romance has you wanting more of Yasmin and Zachary.
Margie's Must Reads
I really enjoyed it! My cousin visited India and brought this book back to me. She asked a local bookseller for a best selling book in their store. I was super duper ecxited! My cover is a bit different from the one shown here.
Strawberryberry
A fun crazy kind of book. Loved the Indian ambience of the book.From getting the right clothes to the bachelorete party.Nice!
Nindy Hardjadinata
I found it related with me as it has the same culture and religion matter as I do. And the story it self, it's totally romantic! :D Witty Yasmin meets Cool Zach = awesome! :D
Nurul
Nov 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a fun and easy reading book. I found bits of my life in Yasmin's messy love life which made me able to laugh and cry with her. Recommended for those who simply want to read a simple book.
Shefali
Jun 14, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
a real lyf wid a fairy tale lover boy
Iffat
Mar 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really yummy read with good dollops of humor in between.
Stijn
Izzy
May 19, 2012
Supriya
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favourite romances of all time! :)
Molly