Start by marking “Nipped in the Bud, Not in the Butt: How to Use Mediation to Resolve Conflicts over Animals” as Want to Read:

Conflicts over animals are among the toughest to resolve. People form deep emotional bonds with their pets—after all, they're members of the family—so when a dispute involves animals, people get just as angry as if the clash were over their human children. When they've finally had enough, they head to court where the law treats the pet as property—as just a thing.
But there
Published August 31st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Nipped in the Bud, Not in the Butt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nipped in the Bud, Not in the Butt

Start your review of Nipped in the Bud, Not in the Butt: How to Use Mediation to Resolve Conflicts over Animals
Debra Hamilton
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so proud of this book. It helps people resolve conflicts ht arise over pets.
Linda
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to read this book for two reasons. Firstly I know exactly how much a pet can mean to you. I lost my beloved cat Samson a few years ago. Secondly, I spent over 13 years working for various law firms (in marketing, not law) and I was really interested to read how mediation can solve so many problems on a much more cost -effective basis than litigation.

Debra explains that many divorce cases run into trouble when 'custody' of the pet is raised. Our pets are members of our family and mean as
Michele
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Everyone should read this book, especially at this time when hatred is being spewed all over--the internet included! I have never been a fan of "legal remedies". Actually I don't trust lawyers all that much--It goes against my grain that they can one minute be fighting for the plaintiff then the next switch gears and fight for the defendant. I do understand the need for them to be able to preform this sleight of hand--but it does not mean I have to like it! Most of our politicians are lawyers--n ...more
Ana Paula
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Debra Vey Voda-Hamilton is an attorney and mediator who has a lot of experience in the mediation over animal conflicts. I really enjoyed this book since it open the knowledge of techniques on mediation that are really unique and helpful for everyone. Conflicts over animals and pets are really difficult (they are like children in family law), sentiments are involved and reason is hard to find. Therefore, having the techniques that help you to think sensibly in order to achieve the best possible a ...more
Stacey Schneller
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sorry spelling mistake.

I absolutely enjoyed reading this book and glad I was given the chance to review it.

It provided great advice for pet owners, I learned new and really interesting information. It became clear where and how a mediator would be valuable in settling disputes that involve animals and how this could possibly be used in all situations, with or without animals involved.

I found the pet custody information a little hard to read as it held a lot of information but again I feel that
Dedastudios
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Over a year ago I ended a 40 year relationship. In the process I took the dog - Diesel. I was lucky my husband did not want Diesel. I really do not know what I would of done it Diesel would of been the focus of a possession struggle. In reading Nipped in the Bud, Not in the Butt - I realized how positive meditation could be to the separation process. To be honest I had never thought of meditation as a approach to solving major separation issues. I now think it could definitely be a positive appr ...more
Doris Humber
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Being an animal lover I found this book extremely intriguing. It is enriched with a lot of resourceful information if you find you are in a conflict/situation requiring mediation. It is a practical guide for strategy and understanding of how mediation works. It provides you with great insight in how to approach and resolve conflicts without resorting to litigation. There is much wisdom and knowledge to be discovered in this book. It is very well-written! Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
Alexandra Bogdanovic
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a comprehensive, yet easy guide to avoiding litigation and achieving success through mediation in cases involving animal disputes. It is a must-read for pet owners, veterinarians, pet groomers, pet rescue and adoption organizations, barn managers, grooms (in barn settings) and anyone else who wants to avoid the pain and pitfalls of litigation stemming from disagreements over animals.
Mary Goeke