Start by marking “Red Litten World” as Want to Read:
Red Litten World

Read Book

Red Litten World

(The Bell Forging Cycle #3)

The city of Lovat is dying. It just doesn’t know it yet. Trapped behind blockades, its citizens starve. Only the wealthiest can afford to snatch up what food does slip through, leaving the poor jostling for scraps. But money only goes so far. Inside their gleaming towers, the well-fed elevated are being killed off one-by-one.

Caravan Master Waldo Bell—only a few
Published October 6th 2015 by K. M. Alexander

To ask other readers questions about Red Litten World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Litten World

Start your review of Red Litten World
Lauren Sapala
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Red Litten World is weird fantasy fiction at its finest. The story reads like a fast-paced mystery/thriller but is set in a world that comes across as a brilliant mix of H.P. Lovecraft and Star Wars. Full disclosure: I had already read the Stars Were Right and Old Broken Road (the first and second book in this series) so I had a pretty good feeling that I was going to love the continuation of Waldo Bell’s adventures in this third book. I definitely was not wrong on that one. In fact, I think thi ...more
Dwayne Clare
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic entry in the Bell Saga. Michael has hit it out of the park with this one. It was great to see more of Lovat and to see Walter coming to terms with his role as the Guardian. In this novel we dig deeper into the myth and lore hinted at in the first two novels, gaining a little more insight into the aligning and history of Lovat. We see more of the characters we have come to love over the first two novels, as well as some intriguing new characters. I'm hoping by book 4 Walter gets ...more
Maris
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I just had the most horrific day at work, in which I waited 2.5 hours for coworkers to arrive, and then 5 hours later was informed that I didn't even need to be there today. Yes, that was 7.5 hours of sitting around that I endured today.
Thank the sweet little baby lord above that I had Red Litten World to keep me company! And I finished it in one day! And it was glorious! And I should've waited 10 years to read these so I didn't have to wait for the next one!!
August Bourré
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Actually a 3.5.

Alexander’s world building and ideas continue to be top tier and among some of the most interesting ideas in the Weird Fiction space. His characterization and sentence-by-sentence writing has also shown much improvement since Old Broken Road, just as that book showed great improvement over The Stars Were Right, but I still think he isn’t yet living up to his potential in that regard. I look forward to the next one.
David
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great read in the series but with a weaker end this time I thought with more threads created lol. Absolutely loving the richly-imagined far-future world with Lovecraftian and steam punk overtones.
Johari Taylor
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Very good book - hurry up book 4!
Nikki
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another solid entry in the series. I liked the mysteriousness of the first and second books better, but this was still a good story with entertaining characters.
Joel Flank
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another gripping Waldo Bell adventure in the post-apocalyptic world after the old ones/first ones have come to Earth...and left again. All signs point to the stars being right again as another old one stirs, this time in Waldo's home city of Lovat (built upon the ruins of Seattle). After the events of Old Broken Road, Lovat has been cut off from trade, and there's no work for a caravan master like Waldo. There's also little food to be had across the whole city with no trade. His partner, a 7-fin ...more
Ziggurnaut
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ok, I'm a wannabe roader. You will be too if you read this series. For the third installment we get to spend more time in Lovat as the city discovers realpolitik and a rough beast's hour arrives at last. Who you gonna call? No, seriously, who? Because Waldo Bell, the guy who answers the call in this book would have liked the number of the person who was actually supposed to be taking care of all that. In this third book in the series, Wal begins to accept that he has a role in the fate of... eve ...more
Rachel
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017-books
I got this out of a little free library. There was no mention on the cover of this being a series, so it wasn't until a few chapters in, feeling thoroughly confused, that I Googled it. Even looking at the book description here, it isn't clear until you scroll to the verrryyy bottom of the page that you see that it's in a series.

Little tip: if a book isn't meant to stand on its own, make that clear to the reader. I would not have read this on its own if I'd known.

Ignoring
William Munn
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Bell Forging Cycle has me totally enthralled. Red Litten World brings Waldo Bell back to Lovat, and I couldn't be happier. Just like the first two books in the series, RLW is a fascinating read. The book is filled with profound and beautiful characters, and the world is so real I want to move there so I can pay homage to the jazz saints, eat vendor noodles, and fight terrible evil with Wal.

My single complaint: it's hard to categorize these books. Thus, it can be frustrating when you start t
Sabih Mir
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved getting back into the world that K.M. Alexander created with The Stars Were Right. Fantastic follow-up to Old Broken Road!
Kayetlin Alexander
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
In this third installment in the Bell Forging Cycle, writer K. M. Alexander does not disappoint. The story is nail-bitingly tense (in a GREAT way.), and the characters are wonderfully written. Also, the antagonist of the tale is properly creepy - some lines were pretty spooky - so that's definitely a plus! Overall, I think it will be a tough wait for the next book.
Ann
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love the Bell Forging Cycle and wonderful that it brought Waldo back to Lovat. I'm hooked on this series and can't wait for another book to continue the adventure. K.M. Alexander has done it again and I would highly recommend this series of books.
Bianca Ruffin
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think it's safe to say that this was my favorite of the series. Wal's adventures kept me ferociously turning pages and frustrated when I couldn't. (Sometimes, real life obligations force me to put a book down).

Really, really looking forward to what happens next.
Raedia
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this third book in the series - it was fun to be back in the city of Lovat, to develop more relationships between the characters, and to find out more about what it means to be the Guardian.
Dawn
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love these books, once I start reading I just don't wanna put them down!
They're quick reads, really entertaining, and inevitably leave me excited for the next one.
So, write faster so I can find out what happens next in Lovat!
Michael
Goodreads Librari...: A New Book to Series 2 170 Sep 14, 2015 11:27AM

• The Foul Mouth and the Pit of No Return
  • Lords of Night
  • Temp: An Accidental Fairytale
  • Herculean (Cerberus Group, #1)
  • The Secret Dead
  • Soul Reborn (Key to the Cursed #1)
  • 13 (Tallent & Lowery, #1)
  • On Unfaithful Wings (Icarus Fell, #1)
  • A Place Beyond The Map
  • The Never
  • The Starry Child (Starry Child, #1)
  • The Takers (The Oz Chronicles, #1)
  • Dun Lady's Jess (Changespell Saga , #1)
  • Shadow of Oz
  • Pigeonwings (Clovenhoof, #2)
  • Inspector Hobbes and the Gold Diggers (Unhuman #3)
  • Slow Boat to Purgatory (Volume One)
  • The Curse Merchant (The Dark Choir #1)
K. M. Alexander is a Pacific Northwest native and novelist living and working in Seattle with his wife and two dogs. His work explores nontraditional settings within speculative fiction, bending and blending genres to create rich worlds and unique approachable characters.

Follow his exploits at blog.kmalexander.com.

The Bell Forging Cycle (3 books)
  • The Stars Were Right