Start by marking “You're Not Alone” as Want to Read:

You're Not Alone

Trinity Morris, co-founder of You’re Not Alone, has a domestic violence past that still haunts her ten years later. She is devoted to helping victims find freedom and to sharing information on how to help them through their emotional and violent trials. While Trinity is presenting at a seminar, she comes across Gavin, a police officer who knows her past all too well.

It’s b
Published November 10th 2015 by Nitewolf Novels

To ask other readers questions about You're Not Alone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You're Not Alone

Start your review of You're Not Alone
Tatiana Lammers
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: beta-reading
This is another emotional and powerful story about domestic abuse, and how victims can start a new life, knowing that there’s hope and they are, indeed, are not alone. Compared to “Whether I Live Or Die”, this time the book’s focus is not only on the different perceptions of an abuse situation by the victims, but we also get to see the damaging long time effects of abuse in an adult person. The book has great psychological insights, emotional understanding, empathy and solid knowledge about the ...more
Kate
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is so much more than a romance. With strong compelling characters, it shows the long term impacts of domestic violence on men and women. It shows how years later a simple touch can startle and bring back memories. I read this as a beta reader and watched the story progress. I love all the characters. It is such a realistic story. This is a must read. you will be sucked in.
suze joyce
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stacey-eaton
Loved this book. Great insight into abuse for females and males. Loved the exercise that takes place at the beginning of the book. Hope that it is utilized in everyday life. A riveting, real story. Between Stacey's books and the Blue Jays sleep is not an option. Keep them coming Stacey.
Kim BookJunkie ~ Editor & Proofreader
STORY
Trinity is a survivor of domestic violence and Gavin is the compassionate police officer who found her when her abusive husband almost killed her. Years after they “met” at Trinity’s crime scene, fate brings them together once again resulting in a very sweet romance. The romance aspect of this book was a bit too sugary sweet for me - I understand that not all books have to be erotica but I personally would have appreciated it if the sex scenes were more detailed instead of fade-to-black, G-
Pam
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-audible, won
This was a really good view into domestic violence and how it affects those abused. This took a very positive approach and helped highlight a couple that both survived their own trauma and came out the other side still positive and willing to accept another person in to their life and allow love to happen again. We often don't understand what a person of domestic violence goes through or thinks and this story put you right in an abused persons head space. Maria Marquis had the perfect voice for ...more
April
: Stacy Eaton

This is a very emotion inducing novel. A victim of domestic violence that has spent ten years (after her abuser was imprisoned) working to help other women overcome abuse. Will she be able to allow a new man into her own life? She has to face many challanges both human and psychological to deal with.

There are great demonstrations in her letcures to law enforcement and corporate groups.

I will definatly look for more from this author!

The narration was well done. The
Marythios (AkaSusanne )
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a powerful gripping story about domestic violence and healing from that abuse.
Trinity is a survivor of domestic violence she was rescued from her abuser 10 years ago. She starts an organization that aides domestic violence victims where she runs shelters. She does seminars as part of that work.

Gavin a police officer who cares about domestic violence is at a seminar with other police officers about domestic violence. During the seminar Gavin recognizes the speaker as someone he rescued 1
Jimnlori
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this romance by Stacy Eaton!
After suffering emotional, physical and sexual abuse at the hands of her husband Trinity has spent years helping and teaching women and children caught in the cycle of abuse ways to escape from it. Even though she feels led to do her job and is very happy with it she feels like something is missing. She is lonely and just recently watching a very close friend find happiness in a loving relationship after abuse, Trinity is thinking that maybe it is so
Nancy Stopper
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
You're Not Alone is an emotional, inspiring story of a woman and a man, both of whom have survived abuse in their life, finding each other and finding happiness together. The author drew me into this book from the very first chapter - she teases the reader with the possibility of recognition between the Trinity and Gavin - and makes the reader NEED to read on. The story is fast-paced and I found myself wanting to read faster and faster as the story continues, needing to read at the pace of the s ...more
Barbara
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
To say this was a great book when it’s about domestic violence seems wrong but it was so good. It was a real eye opener to what domestic violence is and what it can do to women. The author does a fantastic job of explaining the different types of violence and how it effects women in the story and yet make it a beautiful story about true love. When she explains how the main character, Trinity, gives her seminars on domestic violence it’s something all men and women need to hear. I wish we could g ...more
Lynn Mullan
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just love Stacy Eaton's writing. I think because she's a cop she really gets into the nitty gritty of the characters and it makes them seem real. When I read the suspense chapters it had my heart racing and I got completely sucked into the story.
You're Not Alone is the name of the company that Trinity Morris founded, to help people involved in domestic violence. Trinity lived with DV in her past and still suffers insecurities due to this. Whilst at a seminar that she is presenting at, she sees
Nikki
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing

You're Not Alone- I won't lie, this book is intense! Writing about domestic abuse has got to be a tough thing to do, but experiencing it has got to be even tougher. Stacy Eaton blew me away, once again. She has officially yanked my heart out, stomped on it, and replaced it for the 100th time. And I'm pretty sure it won't be the last. I blew through this book like a full ranged tornado. Seriously, I couldn't put it down, I didn't WANT to put it down and I definitely didn't want it to end. Stacy
Alicia
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
***** "You're Not Alone" by Stacy Eaton

Wow!! What a realistic and astonishing novel!!

Stacy Eaton has just taken the subject of domestic violence in families, men, women, married couples, and others and has written a novel that is representative of almost every aspect of domestic violence one can experience. She hit every nail on the head. She also provided sceneries and suggested ways for those being abused to be able to leave their situations.

She demonstrates how domestic violence begins and s
Rebecca Austin
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Trinity Morris is a co-founder for the organization "You're Not Alone" which helps people escaping from domestic abuse situations. While presenting at a seminar she sees Sargeant Gavin Brooksfield, a man very familiar with Trinity's past.

As Gavin tries to be there for Trinity she has a hard time letting herself trust him after what she has gone through in her past. Yet Gavin is patient with her and has his own demons from his past that he has had to overcome.

Will Trinity allow Gavin in or will h
Dianne
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have thought long and hard about reviewing this book but no words that I could come up with would do it justice.

Stacy Eaton takes a difficult subject domestic abuse and turns it into an emotional, romantic, suspense story full of hope.

It is a survivors story and Stacy has clearly drawn on her experience as a police officer and her work with her local domestic violence centre. The excercises that the main character in the book uses to let delegates understand the impact of domestic violence are
Pat
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It is hard to categorize this story into a particular genre. There is suspense, police procedure, domestic abuse and an amazing love story. A young woman survives her abuse and uses it to educate others about this often unreported crime. It is compelling in it's message and heartwarming to witness her road to recovery and love. Ms. Eaton, as always, gives us a novel that keeps us talking about it, long after we reach the end.

Pat Fordyce
Pamela
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, reviewed
This novel just did not work for me. Talk about sappy. The serious subject matter of domestic violence was amazing, written and described with respect. I just had a problem with how lovey-dovey the protagonists were.
Marie Godley
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A powerful story that has some hard hitting scenes. This book will make you feel - hate, love, sadness, but you will love the characters of Trinity and Gavin. This book is one that you won't want to put down until you've finished it.
Cynthia
What a very touching story that really grabs you making you want to go into the story and pull her out. Domestic abuse is never easy but when one's husband is a cop it makes it even worse. With nowhere to turn Trinity took what she got until the day he went too far and his brothers in the department took him down when they walked in and just about found her dead with him over her. One young cop took it all in helped her until they took her way, he never forgot her and always wondered about her. ...more
Mary A
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Upon reading the title, I thought it was an all out pure emotional romance. It is.... BUT, a whole lot more!
It was a powerful story of what it is like a victim of Domestic Violence/Abuse.
The story went out so strong at the first chapters into the understanding the effects and consequences of Domestic Abuse and Violence not only physically, sexually but more of mentally and psychologically. And how the trauma could affect a victim and survivor the rest of their lives. The heroin, Trinity, is a
Claire
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Story POV's - for the most part each chapter switched POV between Trinity and Gavin, but differently to most books, this story covers the same time frame from both perspectives so we get the thoughts of both characters. At times this adds a lot to the story and at other times it just feel repetitive to me, I wish Stacy had been selective about which parts were covered twice.

Domestic violence is a difficult topic to do justice to, talking about it challenges what we think of as strength and perso
Patty
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book from the beginning had my attention. I am usually a romantic suspense listener, so while this has suspense, I was a little leary of the domestic abuse theme. Stacy Eaton takes hold of this very real issue and handles it head on. We meet Trinity, who was almost killed by her husband and we meet Gavin who had an abusive childhood. These two together find their way to love.

I have to say that I am very impressed with the entire storyline. I was totally captured from the incident that Trini
Sweetpea
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story! Trinity has gone from victim to survivor and is determined to help other women in her past predicament. She is a strong, confident woman and will not be deterred in her mission.

I liked that this seemed to be a very realistic depiction of domestic abuse victims. Some of the women were very resolute about not being victimized again, while others had yet to find their inner strength. I also recognize that there are men in society that will never have any respect for women, even
Sonia Martinez
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it
An abused woman survives her husband and reunited with the police officer who saved her 10 years later. He’s had a crush on her since he met her, before he rescued her. After they’re reunited they fall in love very quickly. There are a couple side storylines that intersect during the climax that are pretty predictable.

The way this story is told through alternating first person accounts but they don’t pick up where the last one left off. They keep going back and retelling the same scene through t
Jocelyne
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Romantic Suspense is so well written and emotional. The subject is about domestic violence victims and, afterward, the freedom and the healing. I love Trinity and Gavin. They are great together. Trinity is a beautiful and strong woman. Gavin is a handsome and strong man, very supportive and protective with Trinity. Both are survivors. I loved their story and their happy ending. I was hooked from the first page to the end. I loved the foreword and the afterword (about the author). The narrat ...more
Phyllis Smith
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a roller coaster ride of emotions!! I loved this book. Stacy did an amazing job giving us a look into domestic violence of Trinity. All of the feels come to the surface as Trinity sees the officer that saved her. Gavin never forgot about Trinity and he's still wants to protect her.

Through Trinity's story, you feel the fear, pain, and determination to overcome a painful past. We watch as she falls for Gavin and continues to make plans to help other abused women. But Trinity is completely
Jaime
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku, audiobook
I finished this story and my first thought was wow. Trinity's story was just so amazing. I love how strong she was after having to rebuild her life following her husband's abuse. Stacy Eaton handled the topic of domestic abuse with both care and sensitivity when crafting this story. It was great to see Trinity find her happy ending with Gavin after everything she went through. Gavin was also a great character, who you couldn't help but love as much as Trinity did.
Ashley Hedden
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You're Not Alone was another great read by Stacy Eaton. Trinity is a survivor of domestic violence and co-founder of You're Not Alone. While Trinity is speaking at a seminar, she see's Gavin who was the responding officer when her husband was arrested. They have a connection that Trinity never thought was possible. I loved reading Trinity and Gavin's story and can't wait to read more by Stacy Eaton.
FS Meurinne
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story, it was not only about romance but went deeper than that. It was about domestic violence, which is a topic not many books go into. True love and how Trinity wants to help other people overcome their difficulties, how one woman has to overcome everything in her past to find a future with Gavin. Powerful story that will get you in more ways than you thought possible.
KimberlyDawn
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an intense and emotional story. It keeps you captivated yet the subject is difficult. I enjoyed listening to this narrator as the story weaved from past to present in order for the reader to get the full understanding of what happened and how it still affects a person years later. I definitely recommend this book.

• Brunch At Ruby's
  • Ever over After (Over Duet, #2)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
  • Her Barbarian Master: Forbidden Love (Alpha Male Master #2)
  • All I Want (Alabama Summer, #2)
  • Over the Middle (Ballers & Babies #2)
  • Girl at Heart
  • Under the Covers (Maverick Montana, #2)
  • Kiss the Sky (Calloway Sisters, #1; Addicted, #2.1)
  • Ever Strange
  • Flight (The Crescent Chronicles, #1)
  • Divine Tarot (Elder Races, #3.5 & 4.5)
  • The Last Honest Woman (The O'Hurleys, #1)
  • Violent Cravings (Violent, #2)
  • Without a Trace (The O'Hurleys, #4)
  • Stick in the Mud Meets Spontaneity (Meet Your Match #3)
  • Catering to Nobody (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #1)
  • Kiss My Asteroid; Galaxa Warriors (Paranormal Dating Agency, #14)
Stacy Eaton is a USA Today Best Selling author and began her writing career in October of 2010. Stacy took an early retirement from law enforcement after over fifteen years of service in 2016, with her last three years in investigations and crime scene investigation to write full time.

Stacy resides in southeastern Pennsylvania with her husband, who works in law enforcement, and her teen daughter.