Start by marking “Hearts on Fire (Heart's Revenge, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hearts on Fire (Heart's Revenge, #2)

Hearts on Fire (Heart's Revenge Series #2)

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  58 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Aidan

Of course it was never going to be perfect.

Of course it was always going to be wrong.

When Essie Floyd snuck out of his apartment in the early hours of the morning, Aidan Callahan pretended he was still out cold. The truth was he’d never even fallen asleep. How could he, when the girl he should never have developed feelings for, a girl he never thought he’d get, was f
Kindle Edition
Published October 15th 2015

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
3.5 stars!! This is the concluding part to Cole Jaimes's Hearts Revenge series and follows on from where Hearts Revenge finished (Previously released as Heart Breaker).

This is a book about forgiveness as well as a lesson in learning that revenge is not necessarily sweet, but also that everyone needs love, the giving and receiving of and even if the person you meet should be the person you hate, the heart wants who the heart wants.

This has been a really good duet and as a first time author Cole J
Nadia
Feb 02, 2016 Nadia rated it really liked it
"I think that the strands of both your future and mine will be forever linked, whether we like it or not. Trauma generally tends to do that to people, for better or for worse."

Essie is struggling with the seven stages of grief. she has passed the shock and denial phase but is trapped in a hell of her own making by not letting go of the pain and the guilt. Trying desperately to avenge the death of her beloved brother by ruining the only living member of the Callaghan family she is being torn apar
Lin (From Chika With Love - Blog) Cohen
"If two broken halves can make a whole, then maybe two broken people can do the same."
Hearts on Fire continues Aidan & Essie's story.
After spending 5 years of her life planning her big revenge against Aiden for her brother's death, Essie never expects to get to know the real him and fall in love.
A one-night stand becomes too much for her to handle and her feelings for him make her very confused.
Aidan's also surprised about the way he feels about her and doesn't really sure how to help her w
Kay
Feb 12, 2016 Kay added it

Rating: 4.5

Cole St. Jaimes is an author I took a chance of because, let’s be honest, he’s hot. And yes, apparently, it’s a known fact that I actually have a crush in him. And no, my book review is my unbiased opinion, not in the slightest affected by my feelings for him. LMAO! But seriously speaking, this book is worth the wait!

The author has that way of writing that I call easing you into the situation. It’s like an introductory of some sort and then, bam, you’re just connected to the chara
Helena Bookhooked
Feb 16, 2016 Helena Bookhooked rated it really liked it
This is the second and concluding part to the Hearts Revenge series from Cole Jaimes.

The story picks up directly where the last book finishes and the tug of war that Essie starts with Aidan continues and she is still intent in getting retribution for her brothers death by destroying Aidan’s business.

the book flows well and engaged me as a reader. I enjoyed the conclusion, I just felt that it would have served better as a complete novel but i enjoyed it none the less.
Thia Finn
Feb 09, 2016 Thia Finn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Revenge Hurts

Falling in love can be difficult enough but when you fall for the person you're suppose to hate, it's even worse!
This is the problem Aiden and Essie must overcome. These two are both characters the reader can't help but love in the midst of their tragedy.
Cole Jaimes does a great job of creating love stories that readers can't put down!
Melissa Miller-Mattern
Reviewed for A Wanton Book Lover Blog

Hearts of Fire picks right up after Essie and Aiden have slept together. Afterwards, Essie panics and shoots out of Aiden’s house. For the past 5 years, keeping track of him and planning on bringing him down has been her sole focus, but now things are more complicated. Aiden has been taking care of Essie from afar also. After avoiding Aiden, he finally gives her no choice but to go on date with him. Both Aiden and Essie are confused by their feelings but Aide
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane Book Blog)
I've been not-so-patiently waiting for the conclusion of the Heart's Revenge series. The first book left an open wound with Essie continuing her quest for revenge. Essie had dedicated five years seeking out revenge for her brother. It took over her life, it engulfed her and left her in a bad place. Essie's brother had been her world, her security and safety and when it was quickly taken away she had nothing left. Aiden had lost his family as well but as he was forced to take over the family busi ...more
Louisa
Feb 01, 2016 Louisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was waiting way too long for more Essie and Aidan and I am so glad they are finally here.

Aidan, the millionaire brother of the man who was responsible for the death of Vaugh, Essie's brother.

They have been "watching"each other for years. Aidan had been making sure since the day Vaughn died, that Essie is being taken care of. If it was Vaughn's burial or a job for Essie, Aidan was watching, helping.

Essie on the other hand was plotting...plotting the demise of the Callahan family. She was findin
Louisa
Feb 03, 2016 Louisa rated it liked it

Sharon
Mar 29, 2016 Sharon rated it it was amazing
Arc for honest review
These two pick right back up hot and heavy! She wants to stay away from him but she can’t seem to make herself do it.
He tries to stay away as well but he can’t he’s been watching her for five years he just can’t walk away. He knows she’s damaged but he wants to be there for her after all it’s his brothers fault she’s all alone in the world.
When her reasons for first meeting up with him come out can he forgive her and move forward or will he walk away. Can she actually do wha
Rosanna Ingram
Feb 03, 2016 Rosanna Ingram rated it really liked it
The conclusion to Essie and Aidan's story was all that I hoped it would be. Hearts on Fire picks up right where Heart's Revenge left off. There is so much heartache and words left unsaid between Essie and Aidan, and there's no telling which way the story is going to end.

Will Essie be able to ever accept her brother's death and let go of all her hate and animosity? Will Aidan ever admit that he knows who Essie really is and lay it all on the line? Can they move beyond their pasts and have a futu
Seraphim  Book Reviews
When I first agreed to read Hearts on Fire I didn't realize that it was the second book about one couple. I was worried that I would be incredibly lost in this book. Thankfully I wasn't. Cole Jaimes gave enough back story to help understand why the two main characters were the way they were.

Aidan Callahan is a man of honor and integrity. When his brother fell asleep at the wheel killing their parents, himself, and another driver he packed up his life and moved home to take over the family busine
Samantha Ortegon (Books, Wine and Lots of Time)
I know that there are some books that leave you wanting, I just never realized how much until Hearts On Fire was looking so gorgeous on my kindle tablet.

In Heart's Revenge, we are left with Essie walking out on Aiden after a night of passion. With revenge still on Essie's mind and Aiden aware of the broken woman he has fallen for.

Hearts On Fire begins with Essie questioning her plans for revenge for the past 5 years, how can she sleep with or have feelings for the man she wants to destroy. Sin
Beauté De Livres - Beauty Of Books (Vivian Freeman)
3.5 STARS!!
Hearts On Fire brings back Aidan and Essie after their explosive night together. Reeling from this revelation that anger and vengeance are not the only feelings at play. Readers witness the raw and painful union of two lost souls. Continuing with dual points of view we see Aidan determined to win over Essie and we watch as Essie battles between her head and her heart. When truths are finally spoken, heartache revealed and secrets are no longer buried with the dead, Essie and Aiden hav
Louise
Love this

Wow. This was more romantic than I thought it was going to be. It's so sweet and loving. Essie and Adian's love is strong between the two of them. Essie just needs to find herself and allow love into her life. Angry, hurt, and confused, she runs away from everything and everyone but her brothers best friend and confines in him. This story picked up from Hearts Revenge perfectly. Once I started reading I couldn't stop.
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Feb 07, 2016 Amazeballs Book Addicts rated it really liked it
Hearts On Fire is book two in the Heart's Revenge series. It can not be read as a standalone you must read book one, Heart’s Revenge, first. This book picks up where Heart’s Revenge left off. I read a lot of books and sometimes when it comes to series I never finish them because by the time the next book comes out I have already forgotten about the previously. That was not true with the Heart's Revenge series. Aidan and Essie characters stuck with me and I had had to find out how their story was ...more
Danielle Goodwin
Feb 05, 2016 Danielle Goodwin rated it it was amazing
Cole Jaimes' "Hearts on Fire" is the sexy second tale in the Heart's Revenge series. It's an amazing end to this tale of star-crossed love. Of course, as with #1, the sex scenes are amazing! The storyline is very powerful. You really feel for both Aidan and Essie. I can't wait to see what Cole Jaimes will write next.
Abby
Feb 05, 2016 Abby rated it really liked it
Review to come!
Maria "Rosie" Poli
Perfect ending for Aidan & Essie. Full Review to follow.
Lanie
Feb 22, 2016 Lanie rated it liked it
pretty good read with interesting plot
Fabiola LC
Fabiola LC is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2016
Analise Sekowski
Analise Sekowski marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Sue Casey
Sue Casey marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Ana Paula
Ana Paula marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Olga
Olga marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
TJ Hoff
TJ Hoff rated it did not like it
Jun 13, 2016
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Savaged
  • Cash Remington and the Missing Heiress (Sexy Dreadfuls, #1)
  • Once You Go Demon (Pure Souls, #2)
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • Shiver
  • Manage Me (Toven's Circus Book 1)
  • A Lover's Secret
  • The Matriarch: An Erotic Superhero Romance (The Matriarch Trilogy, #1)
  • Compass
  • Captured Secret (Captured, #1)
  • Missing Summer
  • Littler Conversations (Conversations, #1.5)
  • Brando (Brando, #1)
  • Scars (Marked, #2.5)
  • The Missing Volume II- Lies
  • Down to Business (Business, #1)
  • Tempt
  • Saved by the Blizzard (Tellure Hollow #2)
Cole Jaimes caught the travel bug young. He spent years honing his skills as a writer while he island-hopped and caught some of the most incredible waves in the world, fuelling his addiction for surfing. Along with his adorable French wife, Cole now calls Los Angeles home. You can usually find him procrastinating on Facebook, or watching Game of Thrones for the seventeenth time on HBO.

Heart's Reve
More about Cole Jaimes...

Heart's Revenge Series (2 books)
  • Heart's Revenge (Heart's Revenge, #1)

“Love is imperfect. You just have to know what level of crazy you’re willing to accept from someone you share a bed with.” 0 likes