Start by marking “Come Hell or High Desire” as Want to Read:
Come Hell or High Desire

Read Book

Come Hell or High Desire

A rebel CEO in blue jeans, Zack Goldman must draw on the survival skills he honed as an abandoned youth to prove he is no serial killer. Trouble is, as a fugitive from the law, he needs the help of a sexy, reluctant psychic to get the target off his back.

Guilt-ridden and alone, boutique owner Sloane Swift has terrifying visions that can exonerate an innocent man. But
ebook, 2nd, October 2015, 259 pages
Published October 27th 2015 by Misty Media (first published August 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Come Hell or High Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Come Hell or High Desire

Start your review of Come Hell or High Desire
Mei
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
The rating i actually a 4 and 1/2 stars, but I rounded it to 5 because the story was good.

The paranormal element was not over-stressed, but nicely fit into the story. It was made like almost the most natural thing. I like how it was done!

Also the love story was good. It has the feel of an insta-love, but it was not overdone. The hero, Zach, and the heroine, Sloane, were fighting this attraction, but, obviously, cound't not succumb to it! *wink*

Zach is a strong (and yoummy!!!) man who has
Rachael Slate
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun, sexy, and fast-paced ride…

The plot twists will keep you turning the pages. The steamy romance will have you cranking on the A/C. And yes, Zack really is as yummy as the cover.

What I loved best about COME HELL OR HIGH DESIRE was how mature the hero and heroine are. Both have tormented pasts, and both have tried to move past them and help others in what they do. Sloane doesn’t believe in herself (or her ability), and Zack has been burned from putting his trust in the wrong people. But when
Rosemary K
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zack Goldman was saved by John Samuel. Now that he's dead. Zack is determined to carry out his mentor's last request. He will protect his daughter, Ann. She is pregnant and has suddenly gone missing. He goes to her work place and meets Sloane Swift, her boss. Both are concerned for Ann's safety. Sloane doesn't tell him that she gets visions. She is a psychic. These two have a powerful connection. They need to work together, if they want to survive and stop this madman. Misty Dietz has written a ...more
JoAn
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Come Hell or High Desire by Misty Dietz was an action and suspense packed story. There is also a paranormal aspect to the story as Sloane and Zach are not only attracted to each other physically but he seems to be an anchor for her psychic abilities. That was a new twist for me that I had never read before.

The twists kept me guessing throughout the book and the end had me gripping my Kindle in tight fists because I wasn't sure how Ms. Dietz was going to give me an HEA. She did and it was
Greta Branas
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! It was action packed and had me in the edge of my seat. The twist and turns had my guessing. Awesome job Misty you have a winner! If you like thriller suspense this book delivers! I highly recommend this book!
Tracy
Action-Packed and Thrilling
Since his mentor John's sudden death a year ago, it's been a daily struggle for Zach Goldman to keep up with the construction business he inherited. He's getting by though, clawing his way through. Until someone leaves an inscrutable note on his door one morning. It asks just one short question. "Where is she?"

When Zach figures out John's daughter is missing, he's rocked by self-loathing and fear. He'd promised to take care of the woman who was like a sister to him.
Dolores
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: misty-dietz
I recieved this book for Free to Give My True & Honest Review

Oh my what a story. From the set go we see Zach who got a strange message from an unknown person to do with an unknown person. Well the unknown person was that until he went looking for Ann his mentor's daughter Ann & whilst he's seeking her out he meets her boss Sloane. And it's from here where things take a total turn for the 2 of them.
Here we have a hard hitting of trying to locate & see where Ann is & whose
Jen
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book, it had a subtle paranormal feel that fit with the story. Both of the characters in this book come with pasts and both resolve to do better in the present/future. Zack is hoping to locate a woman for his mentor that is no longer in his life. Sloane is also trying to use her power to locate a missing a woman. Zack goes to see Sloane and she refuses to help him, he refuses to give up. Can these two work together to find their missing people? Is it the same person? What ...more
Kimberly
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic read which jumps off the pages and takes you on a thrilling ride to clear the name of an innocent man and protecting a woman who can see the danger that lurks in the shadows. Zack is one of those hunks that you dream about, roughened hands and sensual smoldering eyes that sweep you off your feet. Sloan has a secret and she doesn't want the world to know, but her attraction to Zack throws caution to the wind to save them both. A very intense read that I could not put down, very well ...more
ElleEmSee
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was quite a complex story and takes a little while at the start to get into the characters. It was packed full of drama & suspense. There’s Zack - yum - who’s friend has gone missing and Sloane who has psychic abilities who ends up helping him. I liked their intense connection. Their relationship is a slow build as they wade through the sh*t storm that is happening around them and learn to trust each other but you can feel the sexual tension simmering.

I received a free copy of this book
Scarolet Ellis
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Come Hell or High Desire by Misty Dietz is a wonderful story to have read. This is book number one in this wonderful start to a brand new series that I have loved to have been able to have started reading and I can not wait to read the next book in this wonderful series. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about contemporary, paranormal and romantic suspense in their wonderful stories.

Mary
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fascinating and dramatic story, the paranormal aspect adds a little more suspense to it. Zack and Sloane connect not only physically, but Zack seems to temper her ability so it's not so harsh on her. Zack can't understand why she will not help find Ann, she's supposed to be a friend. Through all the twists and turns the heat between them builds, as does the danger. A thrilling end is in store for everyone involved.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author. This is my
BusyM3
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story was full of deception, suspense, twist and turns and intrigue that will keep you reading till the very last page. The characters Zack and Sloane are really great and likeable. The chemistry if off the charts. It will keep you coming back for more. This is my first story from this author and it won't be my last. A great read.

Philleys Peters
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An incredible read full of suspense and intrigue and an intense storyline. A psychic uses her ability to help her lover find and capture a serial killer. Poor Sloane has issues with using her gift to help others especially since she could not save her own sister. This book is a nail biter as Zack and Sloane race against time to find the killer and save their abducted friend.

Carol
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great! This is a gripping page turner. It pulls you in and has you rooting for Sloan and Zack in life, love and the pursuit of justice. Well written, great storyline and the characters are wonderful. This is a must read. Lots of intrigue and sizzle. I received it from booksprout and voluntarily left my review.
Elizabeth
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was action packed mystery romance book. Reading it was a hell of a ride. I would recommend this book to anyone. The story is exciting and had some heat. If you looking for an mystery romance. This is the book for 697

Barbara
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book seven in the Northern Outlaws series a well written story that held my interest throughout. The storyline is strong and the story flows smoothly from page to page. Zack Goldman and boutique owner Sloane Swift's story has suspense, drama. danger, bombs, twists, turns, paranormal, villains, and romance. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Pat W
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting read and thrilling one. Edge of your seat reading. Characters were outstanding and the storyline was superb not to be missed
Glenda Bettin
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Robin
Book provided by the publisher
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

In a world where many writers find it is easier to write about vampires and werewolves it was nice to find someone who went against the norm to give us a chance to explore the side of a psychic. Psychics seem to get a bad rap, but I instantly liked Sloane. She didn’t flaunt her ability but rather kept in hidden. That is until Zach enters into her boutique wanting to know about her employee Ann who seems to be
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Zachary Goldman is a bad boy who's made it good, but not without some very hard lessons. Zachary has learned not to trust all but a very select few. When one of his circle goes missing, Zach takes on the job of finding her. Little does he know that everything he believes is about to be blown to bits.

Sloane Swift has enough secrets to fill a bank vault, she also has a truckload of guilt to go along with it. Convinced she can't be trusted not to hurt those she comes into contact with, Sloane keeps
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

When I started Come Hell or High Desire by Misty Dietz, I wasn't sure if I would like it. I found the beginning a little slow for my taste. As the story progress, I found myself unable to pull away. Once the sense of danger started to pick up I was captive to the story.

Zack Goldman is a man with a past. So, when a friend goes missing he becomes the prime suspect. However, he's trying to prove that he's innocent. Yet there is someone who wants to ruin his life, and this
Gina Conkle
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
If you're looking for romantic suspense with more twists than a roller coaster, then you've picked the right book.

I loved that the hero's not your typical CEO. Zack's a working man with calloused hands, two frisky labs, and a down-to-earth attitude. Thank you, Misty Dietz, for giving us Zack! Romance readers can't bang around a bookstore anymore without an avalanche of a billionaire CEOs!

I'm here to say Misty's made it safe for us to browse romance again. :-) But back to the story...

Zack
Nikki Brooks
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
A novel change from shifters and vampires. Misty takes us into the world of Psychics!!

Sloane has a small boutique and desperately tries to hide her psychic ability. Her mother may be able to bring families back together but she just seems to wreak disaster!! But when her friend and co-worker goes missing she's willing to take a walk on the wide side and try to track her down.

Zach has treated Ann, the missing friend, as his sister and keeps an eye on her for his late friend and mentor. He knows
Megan
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*ARC Copy From Entangled Publishing*

I actually quite enjoyed this book. I usually only read the Indulgence or the Bliss line from Entangled.But I think I just found a great new line...

Zack had a rough childhood growing up.He'd seen some unfortunate thing in his life.After someone turned his mom in to the social services, he got put in foster care.By the time he was 17 he was out on the streets. Luckily for him John saved him by giving him a job with his construction company.

Zack get's informed
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book that this author has published and I have to say it was fantastic and better than some books I have read from authors with multiple books. I basically read this book in one sitting because once I started I didn't want to put it down until I found out what happened. Zack’s friend Ann has disappeared, and he is trying to look for her. He goes to the shop that Ann works and meets Sloane. When Sloane touches Zack she instantly feels an attraction to Zack. Sloane has a special ...more
Sandi Whipple
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have problems when a book doesn’t grab me by the end of the first chapter. This book was really hard for me to get into. I love reading romance, and I’m not normally interested in paranormal. But once I got into this story, I was glad I hadn’t given up.

Ann, who’s pregnant, has disappeared. Her boss Sloan, who is a psychic, and Zac, who has trust issues, go in search of her. On occasion, Sloan’s independence ruffle Zac’s feathers, but their connection is strong, even though they both harbor
Pamela
Sep 14, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, reviewed
I really enjoyed this novel. I would have given it four stars if it wasn't for the whole "I love you" (two days) and "marry me" (one week) bullshit between the two protagonists. Sorry folks but I'm really bloody tired of this pattern that so many authors tend to follow. Every time I come across this I have this overwhelming urge to throw my Kindle off my balcony. Yep, that's how much it bugs me. And before any of you readers who like to criticize other readers' reviews, remember, this is MY ...more
MsChris1161
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, own, reviewed
Come Hell or High Desire is an incredible story filled with well written suspense, plot twists, great secondary characters and (my favorite) an intense connection between the Hero, Zack and the Heroine, Sloane, with an emphasis on connection!

Misty Dietz is a debut author, but proves she has already mastered the art of keeping this reader loving the suspense just as much as the romance. She starts the story off a bit fluttery as we get to know the main characters and they get to know each other,
Cindy Barton
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! Wonderful read. You get romance without the erotica (of which I have no complaints about but don't always want) mystery, suspense and a bit of the paranormal thrown in which, all-in-all, made for a very enjoyable, relaxing read. Zack, a rugged, handsome man with a none to happy past gets drawn into the life of Sloane and she into his. Sloane has an ability to touch an object or a person and get a picture of was happening when the item was touched. Her ability has failed her in the past and ...more

• No Perfect Hero (Heroes of Heart’s Edge, #1)
  • Fever (Club Inferno #3)
  • Longing (Club Inferno, #2)
  • Seduced on Bear Mountain (Bear Mountain Shifters, #3)
  • No Good Doctor (Heroes of Heart's Edge, #2)
  • For Fox Sake (Fetish Alley, #1)
  • Her Forever (Every Curvy Inch, #3)
  • Chosen Mate (Bloodline Warriors: Shadow, #2)
  • The Heiress and the Mechanic: San Diego Social Scene Book 5
  • Her Wild Coast Haven (Storm Harbor, #2)
  • Relentless Desire (Relentless Romances Book 1)
  • Lethal Protector (San Diego Mafia Kings #2)
  • No Batteries Required (The Barrett Brothers Book 1)
  • Forbidden Heat (Forbidden Heat #0.5)
  • Sinful Ways
  • Calling the Plays
  • Dark, Dirty Daddy
  • Owl (Outlaw MC Book 5)
Misty Dietz loves her man, her kids, kayaking, and Dean Winchester (oh yeah, Supernatural fans unite!). She writes romance, but she reads anything she can get her hands on, usually with her fur baby on her lap.

She spends her days writing sexy, adrenaline-fueled stories, enjoying family and friends, and praying her children don't come home with math homework.