Start by marking “From Impossible to Inevitable: How Hyper-Growth Companies Create Predictable Revenue” as Want to Read:

Impossible Goals, Inevitable Successes

Why are you struggling to grow your business when everyone else seems to be crushing their goals? If you needed to triple revenue within the next three years, would you know exactly how to do it? Doubling the size of your business, tripling it, even growing ten times larger isn't about magic. It's not about privileges, luck, or working
Published February 8th 2016 by Wiley

To ask other readers questions about From Impossible to Inevitable, please sign up.
Andreas Kwiatkowski New chapters:

Case Study: How Twilio Nailed A Billion-Dollar Niche By Walking In Its Customers’ Shoes
Case Study: How Sagemount Triples The Value Of A C…more
New chapters:

Case Study: How Sagemount Triples The Value Of A Company In Three Years
Three Uncommon Approaches Of Hypergrowth CMOs
How Inbound Changed In 10 Years Between Scaling Marketo To $100m+ And Founding Engagio
Case Study: How Zuora Drives 60%-Plus Of Its Growth By Outbound, Even When Accounts Need Nurturing For Years
Build An Outbound Program Right The First Time
Have You Been Too Successful At Inbound?
If You’re A Startup: Four Phases Of Hiring Your First Sales Team
Three Ways To Cut Churn And Increase Sales Motivation While You Scale(less)

Start your review of From Impossible to Inevitable: How Hyper-Growth Companies Create Predictable Revenue
Jim Brown
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
Whether it's because of my current business challenges or just because it's a great book, I found the content in From Impossible to be extremely valuable. I highlighted parts of 110 pages (292 page book) and crashed Evernote twice while capturing all of my notes.

While there are seven "parts" to the book, I feel like each one could stand alone as it's own book -- there is that much information packed into each.

Biggest takeaways:
- How to know if you've nailed a niche
- Are you a nice-to-have?
- Co
Korey
Feb 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Should have followed their own advice about finding a niche. Mostly random flow with little new advice for entrepreneurs & employees. Didn't go deep enough on any topic. Offered very little new that wasn't already published on Saastr. Had trouble following who "I" was, which author was relaying a story. Book needs better editing; found roughly 10 errors. ...more
Michał Śmiałko
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book makes you think about sales as one of the sexiest skill one can learn.
Michal Skurowski
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books about scaling startups (not only sales). Great read!
Jose Papo
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a must, really must read book for anyone working in B2B companies or startups. Aaron Ross, wrote the book "Predictable Revenue" and this new book is a complement and a revision of it. It's not only about sales and marketing, but this is a very important part of the book.

He also talks about the importance of nailing a niche (and how to do it), scaling Sales, the importance of doubling your deal size and going upmarket, how to create employee ownership, and how to force yourself to do thi
Scott Wozniak
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it
The best part about this book is it's weakest part--it's very, very specific. This is a book on the structure and training of a sales team for a software startup that has a product that makes money already but don't have a viral growth rate.

And it has a very specific approach to setting up your sales team. That's the best part. You get real, tactical advice. But that also means that if you're not in that exact situation then this isn't that useful. Also, it's a little dry/technical in it's styl
Kelly
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
171 highlights..maybe a record. Extremely timely for where my business stands right now.
Anton
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you’re into tech, sales and entrepreneurship this is a must read/listen. Best and most concrete business book I’ve ever read.
Dmitri Lisitski
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read for b2b marketing and sales

This is an absolute must read for IT entrepreneurs, marketing and sales people, and it’s generally useful for b2b marketing and sales people from various industries
Andreas Kwiatkowski
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Parts 6 (Embrace Employee Ownership, on management) and especially 7 (Define Your Destiny, on life and finding meaning) felt a bit out of context, though. Even if helpful at large, as an editor, I would have trimmed them down to an afterword or put their ideas to better use in a separate book each.
Krzysztof
Apr 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Another book that's extremely hard to rate with a single number (or star rating). I'd give it 3.5, but it some aspects it deserves 5, while in others merely 2.

Bad: It took me much too long to read it through. It is chaotic, badly structured, formatted in a confusing way, with surprising high number of errors and surely would use a good editor. More over it is printed on a crappy paper with a very poor ink - the worst hardcover book in terms of quality that I ever owned (maybe I have a pirated ve
Soundview Executive Book Summaries
From Impossible to Inevitable: How Hyper-Growth Companies Create Predictable Revenue by Aaron Ross and Jason Lemkin was chosen by Soundview Executive Book Summaries as one of the Top Business Books of 2016.

THE SOUNDVIEW OVERVIEW:

Why are you struggling to grow your business when everyone else seems to be crushing their goals? If you needed to triple revenue within the next three years, would you know exactly how to do it? Doubling the size of your business, tripling it, even growing 10 times larg
Matthew Nepsa
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book provides an authentic crash course in the general outlay of opportunities and traps that are both common and unique to SaaS startups. It's full of first-hand insight that any tech startup could find valuable. As the title suggests, growth techniques are the dominant topic, but this is reinforced (in no small measure) with a great deal of general advice for early stage startups and. Also covered are topics ranging from team management, sales structures and techniques, employee and team ...more
Alan Newton
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for start ups at any stage, but not only start ups, many of the tips and hints outlined in the book can be applied by professionals working within any company.

Aaron Ross is also the author of ‘CEO Flow’ and ‘Predictable Revenue’, two books I’ve previously read and found useful and insightful. Some of those insights work there way back into this book but that’s to be expected.

Ross covers a lot of ground from sales, marketing, operations to HR, pricing, customer management, pr
Vasco
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
The bad: Wow, what a load of crap. This book is pretty much a recap of how sales should work in a startup. There's not much besides the obvious. There is a fine point here and there, but Ross's condescending tone, constant bragging and unfortunate lines such as "hire only young people" as living examples of startup ageism, coupled with usual SV survivorship bias, make me think that there is no value to this book that you wouldn't get anywhere else anyway. Jason Lemkin makes short cameos here and ...more
Eduardo Xavier
I believe I need more time to figure what these guys are sharing here. There are a lot of experiences from their life (not only business). Sometimes I could see myself at many statements. SaaS's life follow a pattern and I was scared to see myself into it.
Thank you the authors for sharing this. I wish I could read something like this at my first startup back at 2000's.
I not giving five stars because I felt the some missing point at content connections between some sections. Also, at the end they
Bernardo Vailati
A lot of great business and sales methodologies and advice, all very down-to-earth and explained with tongue-in-cheek humor. The audiobook read by Aaron Ross itself was charming, and his adivce on creating a company culture and advancing your career was particularly inspiring.

On the downside, it covers a hell lot of topics, even going into parenting advice from Aaron who has12 kids (really). It can feel like topics are shifting too fast and without a truly good reason.

Overal, powerful and actio
Ricardo Urresti
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's a mix of great suggestions for entrepreneurs and anyone is creating a startup - several tips on how to grow revenue during the years, lots of examples, some templates to help professionals from hiring to organize their personal and business targets. There are also some key stories from established startups and how they succeed. I liked the book, I've found nice stories and some key advice for even "grown up" companies. The last part sounds more a self-help, but it's a valid advice from Aaro ...more
Adrian Green
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was quite good and had a relatively straightforward narrative about what is required to build a high-growth company. The framework was practical and cogent and had a good mix of the author's personal experience as well as other well-known examples.

Much of the advice wasn't applicable to me since my own entrepreneurial pursuits are more nascent but every topic covered in which I have first-hand experience was spot-on. This is a book that I plan to revisit as I work through scaling my ow
Snehal Nimje
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We are just starting with setting up our Sales and Customer Success teams for Zoliday - a SaaS-based corporate travel platform. This book just cuts all the fluff and gives a step-by-step guide for growing your early-stage SaaS business. It answers a lot of questions around sales which a lot of founders will have in the beginning. Without this, I am sure we would have committed a lot of common mistakes in hiring.

Must read for founders interested in SaaS, B2B, Enterprise.
Rick Yvanovich
It should not come as a surprise that there is a process that you need to follow. You can call it a magical one, given that zillions obviously did not see it and it needed these authors to write it out for us. It is there. And if followed then you too may achieve the predictable revenue and rapid growth as did the companies used as examples in this book.

you DO need to follow the process though, that's the simple but challenging solution.
Martin
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This should be THE textbook for SaaS salespeople. The authors have done a phenomenal job covering SaaS sales, from corporate strategy level to how marketing and sales can cooperate to generate more business to practical advice where sales can apply in their daily work to improve results. I believe anyone who is in the "business" side of companies can learn a thing or two from reading this book.
Jose Restrepo
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great follow up to predictable revenue. Focuses on a wider variety of subjects and case studies. Less step by step than PR but you still find a lot of practical tips and questions. Definitely helped me learn and build confidence in the face of uncertainty.
Victor Maia
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books for entrepreneurs in a beginner stage of your journey, great advices (some that i've recognize that i'd failed miserably) and also amazing persi al "coaching" chapter by Aaron about managing family and work.
Alan Heppenstall
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely essential resource for any B2B SaaS founder. The fundamentals from Predictable Revenue are there but with new thinking to account for modern practices. Full of incredible insights and personal stories from founders.
Vikram Chalana
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Some good tips about building and growing a sales and marketing organization. very good for founders of SaaS startups.
Aidan
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid primer for entrepreneurs

Good overarching primer for those starting a business or focused on selling. Covers all the basics. Can get a bit off topic here and there.
Herman
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book, with excellent, practical advice for any stage of business or life. I'm marking my calendar to read this again a year from now.
Ken Hamner
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty good book. Worth reading for aspiring or active entrepreneurs.
Alex Monegro
Really enjoyed the parts of the book that related to its intended content, sales growth, but giving it three instead of four for the later 1/4th of the book which really isn't necessary.

• The Sales Acceleration Formula: Using Data, Technology, and Inbound Selling to go from $0 to $100 Million
  • Blitzscaling: The Lightning-Fast Path to Building Massively Valuable Companies
  • Hacking Growth: How Today's Fastest-Growing Companies Drive Breakout Success
  • High Growth Handbook
  • Behind the Cloud: The Untold Story of How Salesforce.com Went from Idea to Billion-Dollar Company-And Revolutionized an Industry
  • SPIN Selling: Situation Problem Implication Need-payoff
  • What You Do Is Who You Are: How to Create Your Business Culture
  • Customer Success: How Innovative Companies Are Reducing Churn and Growing Recurring Revenue
  • Fanatical Prospecting: The Ultimate Guide to Opening Sales Conversations and Filling the Pipeline by Leveraging Social Selling, Telephone, Email, Text, and Cold Calling
  • Lost and Founder: The Mostly Awful, Sometimes Awesome Truth about Building a Tech Startup
  • Measure What Matters
  • The Sales Development Playbook: Build Repeatable Pipeline and Accelerate Growth with Inside Sales
  • The Messy Middle: Finding Your Way Through the Hardest and Most Crucial Part of Any Bold Venture
  • Secrets of Sand Hill Road: Venture Capital and How to Get It
  • Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products to Mainstream Customers
  • The Mom Test: How to talk to customers & learn if your business is a good idea when everyone is lying to you
  • The Challenger Sale: Taking Control of the Customer Conversation

News & Interviews

“It's easy and fun to dream about success. Making it happen—and keeping it going—is a lot tougher. And far more rewarding.” 0 likes
“Turn your revenue funnel into an hourglass by tracking how Customer Success affects revenue.” 0 likes