Start by marking “Orangutan: A Day in the Rainforest Canopy” as Want to Read:
Orangutan: A Day in the Rainforest Canopy

Orangutan: A Day in the Rainforest Canopy

When a young orangutan wakes in his nest of leaves, his day in the rainforest begins. He swings through the canopy searching for food, visits the river below, and encounters other Borneo wildlifesome of which create great danger. At day's end, the young orangutan settles into a new nest of leaves with his mother, ready for another adventure tomorrow. Colorful, whimsical il ...more
Hardcover
Published October 1st 2015 by Dancing Dakini Press

To ask other readers questions about Orangutan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Orangutan

Start your review of Orangutan: A Day in the Rainforest Canopy
Clare O'Beara
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful book! I can't express how much I admire the art and writing which has brought this rainforest into my room. We follow young Orangutan as he lives with his mother in the canopy, licking the rain off his fur, finding durian and figs to eat, making comfy nests to sleep in and evading the odd predator.

I especially enjoy that we see the whole colourful habitat, with the other animals and birds that inhabit the forest. We understand that they all depend on the wild jungle for their l
Sultan * Baby Mama Smut-a-teer*
This was a long book for a kids book I though
Erin Gossman
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 yo review

A review from a five year old. Favorite part of the book: all of it. Did you like the fun facts about the orangutans and other animal?: yes I really like it. Favorite animal in the book: elephants and cheetah!
Michelle
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely adorable. I love when children's books don't lose their cuteness and entertainment facort in order to be educational. This book managed to do it all. The pictures are vibrant and colorful. The words teach a lot to children.

The story follows an orangutan throughout his day and we see him do a variety of things from eating to making his way through the forest - even interact with other animals. My niece is obsessed with monkeys and couldn't take her eyes from the pages.
Mary
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this to my son and we both learned new things! It was very informative! Fun read!
Pam
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Found this on my Kindle the other day and knew it would be short so I read through it. Anyone who knows me knows I love the primates! Great for kids, interesting with nice illustrations.
J Layne
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good book. Nice pics. Educational.
Storywraps
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Orang-utan lives in the canopy in the tropical rainforest. He lives with his mother and together they carve out a daily life together. He will stay with her for seven years... yes that is quite a long childhood in the animal world. Mom waits 8 years before having another baby. This book documents a typical day in the life of this little guy. His dad visits often but because of lack of fruit he must live in his own quarters.

The book highlights diet preferences for little Orang-utan: slurping rai
Patrick Hodges
Being a grown-up with no kids of my own, I can only approach children's picture books - and reviewing them - a certain way. For me, they have to have artistic as well as educational merit. On those notes, Orangutan succeeded brilliantly.

The story, which follows a young orangutan during his day in the rainforest, illustrates some of the activities young Orangutan takes and some of the animals - perilous and otherwise - it meets.

The information relayed is very educational, but it's the illustratio
Lori
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Learning about orangutans

This was an excellent book for settle down before bedtime reading. The story was well liked and the fun facts invited discussions with my grandchildren. I read to 3; a 2 yr old, 5 yr old and 9 yr old; and all three enjoyed It! That says a lot right there.
Esther Liddell
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed!

My 5yo daughter and I really enjoyed this book! The pictures are vivid and love how it's so educational. I would've given it a 5-star but the font was too small and trying to get certain sections to pop up so the font would be bigger wasn't the easiest to do. Thank you for making quality book!
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Orangutans: A Day in the Rainforest Canopy

Cute story of a little orangutan and his mother. Lots of fun facts about orangutans and other rainforest animals and beautiful pictures. There is a short glossary of terms at the beginning of the book as well.
Stacey
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good young children's story with quality colorful artwork. This story teaches fun facts about orangutan life while telling a story about Orangutan and his mother. Animal loving, inquisitive minds will enjoy this story.
Yazir Paredes
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abi, science
Just lovely

Combining beautiful art, a nice story and good scientific facts' this book for children get its act right. With fun facts in each page, kids are introduce to orangutans and their environment.
Jason Latshaw
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful and educational book

This is a book that children will surely adore and want to read over and over. The artwork is delightful and both parent and child will learn any new facts about life under the canopy. Highly recommended.
Leslie Fisher
Nice, colorful illustrations and lots of fun facts about orangutans.
Judy
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of facts and learning

Good for those children that especially love monkeys and orangutans. Fun fact filled content.

My three year old grandson really enjoyed this book.
Nathalie
Orangutan

Enjoyable book to read and learning at the same time.
Colorful and easy to read.
Different foods and different animals.
Gina
Oct 23, 2017
Zachary Harless
Sep 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• All of Me (Starlight Hill, #1)
  • The Empty Nesters
  • Princess Lost: A Sweet Historical Romance (A Lost Royal Sweet Romance Book 1)
  • Fire & Flood (Mount Olympus Academy, #1)
  • Heartless (A Born Assassin Book 2)
  • The Dragon Princess: Sleeping Beauty Reimagined
  • Entranced (Goddess of Fate Book 2)
  • Coercion (Goddess of Fate Book 3)
  • Destined (Goddess of Fate Book 4)
  • The Angry Dragon
  • Goddess of Fate Box Set: Books 1-4
  • Ella and Ash
  • Call of Kuyr (The Secret Library, #2)
  • Wicked Resolution (Wicked Origins Book 4)
  • A War for Magic
  • Golden Chains (Fantasy and Fairytales, #2)
  • Golden Crown (Fantasy and Fairytales, #3)
  • Golden Curse (Fantasy and Fairytales, #1)