Start by marking “Walter and the Resurrection of G” as Want to Read:
Walter and the Resurrection of G

Walter and the Resurrection of G

Walter is a gifted young singer who leaves his home in the forests of Germany in a quest for fame and love; he embarks on a series of adventures which leads him through the haunting landscapes of twelfth-century Europe. His encounter with the mysterious Brotherhood of Watchers drives him to the crusades, into a clash with the Doge in Venice and on to the disaster of Consta ...more
Published November 1st 2015 by Mereo Books (first published December 7th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Walter and the Resurrection of G, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walter and the Resurrection of G

Start your review of Walter and the Resurrection of G
Nick
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Το βιβλίο αυτό, καταρχήν, έχει πολύ ενδιαφέρουσα δομή. Αποτελείται από ένα ιστορικό μυθιστόρημα που καταλαμβάνει το μεγαλύτερο μέρος αυτού, ένα διήγημα που θα έλεγα ότι θα μπορούσε χαρακτηριστεί ως μυστηρίου και μια συλλογή ποιημάτων. Όλα τα παραπάνω συνδέονται από μια κοινή ιδέα κι έχουν αναφορά στην ζωή του Βάλτερ που πραγματεύεται στο πρώτο μέρος του.
Το βιβλίο κυριαρχείται από μια έντονη φιλοσοφική διάθεση και συγκεκριμένα είναι επηρεασμένο από την νεοπλατωνική θεώρηση και δευτερευόντως
Seili
First I say I received this book free via Goodreads giveaway. I want to thank the author for it and nice autograph. Since it is the exchange for the honest review I try my best to write about the book.
The grade is actually more like 2,5 which is actually the middle and nice :)

The book is written with nice style, I really liked the way author uses the language,
although He tends to use some words too much for my taste (for example
intoxicating) - I am sure it can be said another way :)

I
Russell Howen
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it
This book is divided into two books - "Walter" plus "The Resurrection of G". The former takes place in medieval times; the latter in the present day. Yet the latter intersects with the former as the hero of part two pictures the life of Walter in part one as himself. The reader enjoys the history of part one and then wants the hero of part two to receive love in his otherwise not too happy life. T. J. Armstrong provides suspense in both lives, as the reader turns page upon page.
Tim
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you read this as a medieval adventure (and that really would work) it is well written albeit a little slow at times but I really feel that there must be more to it than 'just a story' I sensed throughout that the author was passing on a message, I'm just not sure what that message was.
I'm told I over think and that might have spoilt my enjoyment a tad. Suffice to say, I enjoyed the read.

My copy was free via Goodreads giveaways
John
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you like medieval works you will like enjoy this book. It is long but enjoyable. I won this great book on GoodReads and like I do with most my wins I will be paying it forward by giving my win either to a friend or library to enjoy.
Steve Orton
Jan 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Received free via Goodreads giveaway.

Well written and interesting. Slightly slow at moments but an otherwise enjoyable read.
Michelle Olms
Oct 27, 2015
Mereo Books
Oct 27, 2015
T.J. Armstrong
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Richard Tearle
Feb 03, 2016
T.J. Armstrong
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lesley Nickell
Nov 19, 2015
Lee Brice
rated it did not like it
Apr 27, 2017
Mike Warney
Edma
Michael
Sep 29, 2015
T.J.Armstrong was born in Essex in 1957. He read Modern Languages at Oxford and studied Philosophy at London University. He has translated philosophical works from French and German into English and has a passionate interest in music, playing keyboards and singing in a Canterbury based blues band. At the start of his professional career, he taught French and German in Bedford and is currently Head ...more