Start by marking “Once Upon a Power Play” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Power Play

Once Upon a Power Play

(Risky Business #2)

Sidelined by a potentially career-ending injury, the only thing hockey player Ryan Douglas should be thinking about is his recovery. But after sharing a near death experience with a spunky brunette, the only thing on his mind is five and a half feet of sexy sarcasm. And he’ll do whatever it takes to get her back in his bed—even if it means playing dirty.

Chloe Jacobs is don
Published November 16th 2015 by Entangled: Brazen

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon a Power Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon a Power Play

Start your review of Once Upon a Power Play
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it
3 - 3.5 Stars!!

description

Like any other book from Brazen, “Once Upon a Power Play” was a light, sexy, fun, easy to read novel with just a little bit of angst and drama.

Chloe Jacobs seems to attract only losers. After being stood-up on a date night by text she decides she’s done with men. All she wants now is some booze, but she needs some lemons for her margaritas. Her day gets worse when some kid decides to rob the grocery store. There she meets Ryan Douglas, an arrogant gorgeous prick who steals her le
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3.75 Stars

I'll keep this short and sweet. I really enjoyed Once Upon a Powerplay. I liked it even better than the first book in the series. In true Jennifer Bonds fashion, it was uber sexy while still having a fantastic story. However, I'm simply at a point where I'm just burned out on category romances and they're all starting to blend in together. So I truly can't review this fairly because while I enjoyed the story, it just didn't grab me as it could have at a different point.

The book was fab
Claire Robinson
4 - "I'll bring the shoes, you bring the condom." Stars!

Jennifer Bonds really stepped up to the hockey net with Once Upon a Power Play. I really enjoyed the push and pull between Ryan and Chloe, and their sexy-times were extremely diverse and plentiful.

"Dead men don't need limes."

This is probably the first Brazen title I have read in a long time that didn’t figure in some sort of over the top familial drama, and it was such a nice break. This book literally for the most part just focuses on the
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 STARS ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

First time reading a book by this author and I’m entirely pleased with Once Upon A Power Play by Jennifer Bonds!
As always when I pick a Brazen title, I expect to read a light, fun and sexy romance story and this title completely filled the bill and then some. Predictable? Yes, but very satisfying!

After being stood-up on a date night by text and after a streak of bad luck dating the wrong men, Chloe Jacobs swore off the male gender altogether and goes on a mission to make
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

www.GlitterTextOnline.com

"In all her life she'd never experienced anything like it. Was it possible love had actually found her when she'd finally stopped looking?"

I adored and loved Once Upon A Power Play by Jennifer Bonds. Being a Brazen book addict, this book had every element that I craved, wanted, needed and looked for. It had heat, romance, banter, playfulness, and of course lots and lots of steam.

#OnceUponAPowerPlay

In a case of wrong place and wrong time, two unlikely st
Alyssa

Publisher: Brazen
Publication Date: November 16, 2015
Rating: 5 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

He'll do whatever it takes to get her against the boards…

Sidelined by a potentially career-ending injury, the only thing hockey player Ryan Douglas should be thinking about is recovery.
Syndi
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I thought there will be some aspect of power play in this story. After I finished reading it, there is none. The story is flat. No twist or drama.

What is lacking is the imagination. In romance world, the theme of the story os repeating. However some authors manage to bring out something interesting. Character development, chemistry, banters, push and pull to make the story more interesting.

Not with this book.

2 stars
Ivy Deluca
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
description
-easy read and easy on the wallet (freebie).
-Hockey romance with Ryan and Chloe meeting during a holdup, then hook up. Not your typical romantic setup,but it worked.
-Never read anything by Ms. Bonds before, but I enjoyed the mix of humor, hockey and romance.
-Ryan and Chloe’s professional lives intersect in a believable fashion and I liked that there’s a good amount of hockey in this hockey romance.
-There’s heat and they certainly have chemistry. Not a slow burn, so there’s sex but it never felt
Janey
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 hot as puck stars

Chloe Jacobs finds herself on the receiving end of a Dear Chloe text, which only a charge of margaritas will help to soothe. Diverting to the local store in the hideous weather, she aims for the limes only to be beaten to the last one by a smooth talking, lumberjack look-a-like.

”Because no woman can possibly resist Eau de Lumberjack?”

Ryan Douglas is a renowned hockey player, taking an injury break. Finding himself looking for limes in a local store, he is confronted by a f
Michelle [Helen Geek]
May 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Someone wanting a sports themed, simple romance.
05/28/2016 --

3.5 Stars!

I actually liked this one and didn't expect to. Not sure why ..

I think the format impacted my enjoyment. It seemed truncated. The story was good, but it would jump ahead -- in the essence of length. Also, there was a lack of detail and depth. I didn't think this was because of the author. It felt like she had the talent to give you engrossing details and depth, but was at the mercy of her format >> had to keep to a specific book length.

I thought the hockey details were we
Danielle
After reading Once Upon a Dare by Jennifer Bonds earlier this year I couldn't wait to see what she'd come out with next while secretly hoping for Chloe's book... And Ms. Bonds did not disappoint me in that regard. Unfortunately, while I enjoyed Once Upon a Power Play, it wasn't everything I was hoping it would be.

I generally have a hard time with any book when ex's are constantly mentioned or thought of and unfortunately I got really tired of hearing about Ryan's ex... That was strike one. Strik
Nicola
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Once Upon a Power Play is a great addition to Jennifer Bonds’ Risky Business series. Character-driven, the story very much focusses on Chloe and Ryan and considering I haven’t been overly impressed with many of the Brazen titles of late, this was a welcome discovery. And whilst the storyline was fairly predictable, this couple had an amazing chemistry, didn’t bring a huge amount of drama and created some very sexy heated moments. I couldn’t have asked for much more.

description

The author’s writing style w
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
This one won't be a long review. Just loved this one! I normally don't rate novellas a 5 ⭐️ rate but the characters were witty, charming, sensual and they were fantastic together.

Loved the snarky humor between Chloe and Ryan and like always, with a good book, I wish it was longer. The epilogue was so flippin sweet!!! This was a great and safe read! (view spoiler)

Wonder if we get Becc
nick
Dec 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

None of these latest Brazen novels have been working for me. I think it's time for me to break up with them for a while.

I might write a mini-review for this one.
Devika
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC gratefully received from Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review
Lustful Literature
**BETH'S 4.5 STAR REVIEW**

I am a huge hockey fan who loves to read so it’s not a surprise that my favorite type of book, hands down, is a hockey romance. There is just something about a great story that includes some great hockey action and a hot Hockey Hunk. That being said, it goes without saying that when it comes to hockey romances, I am very picky about them and I tend to rate them the hardest of all the books I read… what can I say, don’t mess with my hockey, do it right or don’t write it
Kim
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
Sparks, snark, sexual tension and a bit of danger...

Chloe Jacobs and Ryan Douglas were both having a crappy night...then it got worse...much worse...then heated up.

When they meet again, Ryan is met by an angry, feisty Chloe again. And it will take some maneuvering for him to get her to go out with him. She's sworn off men. She does not want to date athletes and there is a little matter about him keeping a big secret.

She is a spit fire. Fresh off her most recent rejection, her sarcasm and man ha
Shayna
I absolutely LOVE finding new authors! Jennifer Bonds is a new author to me and boy, did she not disappoint in her latest RISKY BUSINESS book, ONCE UPON A POWER PLAY. I went into this super excited because I CRAVE sports romances, especially hockey ones. Bonds gives us a sexy and charming romance between hockey player Ryan Douglas and the sassy and unsuspecting Chloe Jacobs. Talk about a night to remember...caught in a sticky situation that is unexpected and a bit terrifying, Ryan and Chloe part ...more
Irene

Once Upon a Power Play was such a good read!

This book ticked all the boxes for me I couldn't put it down.
Loved the characters, the storyline was fun, entertaining and very steamy.

Both Ryan and Chloe were such likable and memorable characters, loved their banter and witty exchanges, and the chemistry between them was smoking! *fans self*

description

I'm really enjoying Jennifer Bonds work and I'm excited to see what she'll be writing for us next.

Thank you to Entangled Brazen via NetGalley for the a
CL
 photo LIASOM_zps9e498f89.png

ARC received from: Netgalley

Rating: 4*

Cover: Yay

Trope: Sports romance

Chemistry: Simmering

Review: This book was hawt! I loved the spunk Chloe showed especially at the beginning of the book where she gave as good as she got in the verbal foreplay with Ryan.

I loved the hockey world and can only hope that there will be more books in the series featuring Ryan's team mates (presume Becca's story is next?!)

Originally posted @ Love's A State Of Mind
Heather andrews
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ryan has this way of making his requests seem really yummy, and damn it was sexy, “and if you’re a good girl, I’ll take you home and eff you so hard you won’t give two shits about Page Six or those Twitter trolls.” I liked this book, I loved Ryan he was a good guy.
Easy read with low in the drama department but high in sexy and sweet times.
Angela Simmons
Looking for hot sex and hockey? Then you need to pick up a copy of Once Upon A Power Play.

Here’s what’s going on. Chloe Jacobs has just been dumped…via text. Deciding to swear off men, she heads to the bodega in search of margarita ingredients where she squares off against an arrogant yet sexy lumberjack-type who has taken the last lime. During their squabble over the lime, the store is robbed and Ryan decides to play hero. They go back to her place and end up falling into bed together. They pa
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
Every book I've read recently seems to be heavy on the emotional drama and baggage and ONCE UPON A POWER PLAY was a very welcome change for me. Just two people enjoying each other while trying to deal with their commitment issues and best of all, no over the top drama.

Chloe Jacobs has given up on men and dating because of her run of bad luck in the dating game, and the final straw comes when she gets dumped by a text message. What's a girl to do? Make margaritas, of course! A trip to the corner
April Symes
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chloe and Ryan met during a robbery in process at a grocery store. They didn’t know each other, but they struck up an unlikely sort of chemistry during this experience, one with sparks and crazy, off with humor and banter. They are two souls who have some baggage that colors their interactions during their first meeting, because even though they met and took down a robber and have this crazy chemistry, they should be going out for a drink and celebrating being alive. What happens is Ryan offers ...more
books are love
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
received in exchange for a honest review

Ryan is a sweetheart. He messes up but not intentionally. He is afraid. Afraid due to his horrid ex and what she did. He is an honest hard working guy who loses some confidence when Chloe does a stupid moment and hurts his heart but he doesn’t give up. His best friend helps him see the light and that he is worth it and he is good at what he does. He loses sight of this due to lack of confidence in himself and his abilities.

Chloe is a sweet girl but no conf
Emma
Nov 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5
Although this is the second book in the series it is not necessary to read the first one in order to enjoy Once Upon a Power Play. There are references to the first book within the narrative but it doesn't impact the plot of Once Upon a Power Play in any way.

Told in third person narrative with alternating focus between the two main characters, Chloe and Ryan. Thrown together in extremely unusual circumstances, sparks really fly.

Featuring witty, sarcastic banter between the main characters
Kristin
Jun 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports
"Nothing worth having comes easy. You gotta fight for what you want in this life.

I really enjoyed this story. It was funny, cute, quick and didn't have too much drama what I really liked. The only thing that was missing for me was maybe a little more interaction with secondary characters. But all in all it was a enjoyabel story with loveable main characters.

"F**king Cinderella. This was all her fault. Teaching little girls they should sit around and wait for Prince Charming to sweep them off
♡Tonya♡
This was a cute little read. To be honest, I had a hard time initially connecting with Chloe. I felt she was kinda callous. She did warm up towards the end though. The H's meddling ex succeeded in causing problems but they overcame. No cheating, triangles, a great H and a cute epilogue even though it was only 6 months out.
Michelle Cage
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok so this is the first book by this author that I have read and I really enjoyed it. The dialoge between Ryan and Chloe was outstanding, I felt all the emotions that the author was trying to convey. They had such great chemistry you culdnt help but fall in lov with them. The secondary characters also added to this story, so much so I would love to see books on Bash and Jordy.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please Add New Release to Series 3 13 Sep 24, 2015 08:29PM

• The Tycoon (King Family, #1)
  • Always Have (Always, #1)
  • The Pilot & the Puck-Up
  • The Cowboy (King Family, #4)
  • Spark (Web of Desire, #1)
  • Southern Charmer (Charleston Heat, #1)
  • This Is Wild (This is, #2)
  • This Is Forever (This is, #4)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • This Is Crazy (This is, #1)
  • Baby Mine (Hunter & Lennon, #1; Roommate Duet, #1)
  • Saving Barrette
  • This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
  • Malachim (Secrets and Sins, #2)
  • Code Name: Hacker (Jameson Force Security, #4)
  • Wicked Fall (The Wicked Horse, #1)
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • Hopeless Romantic (McCabe Brothers, #1)
Jennifer Bonds writes sizzling contemporary romance with sassy heroines, sexy alphas, and a whole lot of mischief. She’s a sucker for enemies-to-lovers stories, laugh out loud banter, and over the top grand gestures. Jennifer lives in Pennsylvania, where her overactive imagination and weakness for reality TV keep life interesting. She's lucky enough to live with her own real life hero, two adorabl ...more

Risky Business (3 books)
  • Once Upon a Dare (Risky Business #1)
  • Seducing the Fireman (Risky Business #3)