Start by marking “October (Calendar Girl, #10)” as Want to Read:
October (Calendar Girl, #10)

October

(Calendar Girl #10)

Alternate cover for this ASIN can be found here

Silicone, surgery, and Hollywood starlets.

The land of the stars was beckoning and I answered its call. Now that I was free, well, as free as anyone could be, I decided to pursue something for me. To grab life by the horns and ride that sucker until I found my place within it. That decision brought me back home to Malibu, Cali
Published October 31st 2015 by Waterhouse Press

To ask other readers questions about October, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about October

Start your review of October (Calendar Girl, #10)
Thyago | MrsMargotBlog
This book is about healing! Treat and heal the traumas to be able to leave the past and face the future with better prospects.
It was difficult to watch the suffering of Mia and Wes, but I think it is necessary to go through this storm and then come the bonanza. And that bonanza begins with Mia's new career prospects.
Jacqueline McFaddin
Mar 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
The story line just gets worse. she should have condensed it and lost the entire primise about Wes being held hostage!!! Now miraculously she has a segment on TV and is smart enough to help Wes deal with his nightmares? The same person who didn't realize that Max was her brother even after the vivid dream and the blatant signs? I'm not finishing this series I'm far to disgusted!
Yoda
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Still just curious, it´s a series I´ve spent a year or so reading, need to be done with it so I can remove them from my tbr.
shannon✨
Dec 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
I'm not really sure how to feel about this one. It was alright, and it was good to read about them all being reunited. Moreover, I did enjoy the story, I suppose I just didn't like the way Mia handled the healing process.
Lola
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book took quite a different direction from the previous books in a sense and in another sense it also build upon the previous book quite well. I can't explain to much as I will try to avoid spoilers, but in the last book something big happened for both Mia and Wes. And in this book they are dealing with the aftermath of that in a sense. Mia isn't flying off to another client, but started working for a tv show from her house in Malibu.

And while Mia is working in this book, the focus isn't on
Rachel
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This month Mia goes to Hollywood. It may be the land of the stars, and where dreams come true, but for Mia it was a very emotional month. She gets to spend more time with Wes, but while he is dealing with issues of his own, I felt for Mia and was glad that she was able to talk and reconnect with a few friends.

Mia meets Dr. Drew Hoffman this month, and she was thrown for a loop when she discovers what he has in store for her, but she takes the challenge on and ultimately conquers her fears.

Wes a
Iris
Nov 21, 2017 rated it liked it
3,5 out of 5 stars

The books keep getting better, which is great since the books weren't that good in the beginning. The story is developing and we finally have a real story with real issues.

So yeah, pretty nice. Still not really my thing but it is nice to read this in between long books.
Lisa
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read any of the Calendar Girl series by Audrey Carlan you need too!! This series is one of the best ever!! It follows Mia on her journey to find herself, save her family and possibly find love!!
In October, Mia heads to Hollywood!! Back in California with her love, Wes, she's hired by Dr. Drew Hoffman to help with his medical show. She gets her own 15 minute segment every Friday on his show.
It's a great month for Mia! Things are getting better and life is looking up!! Go grab thi
Gina *loves sunshine*
Jul 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: series, 2018
I was really looking forward to reading the last few months and seeing how the story of Mia and her crew all played out - I was enjoying the series so much in the beginning and middle! But it has slowly fizzled out and I honestly don't mind quitting at this point. I probably should not have read them all back to back?? Putting a little break between some of the months would have been better. Then I could have built up the excitement of the storyline and characters a little bit more! oh well! But ...more
Cyndi Becker
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Topsy Turvy - these are the best words that I can think of to describe Mia’s experiences up to and including October, the 10th installment of Audrey Carlan's Calendar Girl series. October finds Mia awaiting Wes’s return to Malibu, and Mia beginning a very new chapter of a professional career in television. Yes, much has changed and with Mia off the hook with her debt, some of the edge is gone. Oh, there’s still plenty of drama, but the struggle has changed. I’m happy for the evolution, but I fee ...more
Misty
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This month was a bit difficult to read. I don't want to give away too much but I think as of right now it may be my least favorite month. Don't get me wrong, Audrey's writing is still great and the story is still there but I felt like this month was missing something for me. What that is I don't know and maybe I will change my tune in the next few days once the story sits with me a bit longer. If that ends up being the case I will for sure revise this.

PS. I can't believe there are only two more
Tania J
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
At some point, reading this book felt like a chore. Once again, this series is pretty fast to get through but not something I'd ever re-read.
CDBW
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Crazy Ass Must Read Stars!!!!!

I'm so loving this series! I'm also loving how things have turned out for Mia "career-wise". Things with Wes are a little tense. I'm glad to see he's heading in the right direction. I'm not to sure about Gina though. Something feels off. Crap! Ok, no more spoilers. It's just so hard.

If you haven't started this series, I highly recommend that you do. It's a great read that will have you turning pages to keep up with Mia's journey.
Kate
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 stars for October.
October is the hardest month! Gut wrenching ugly cry hard!
Audrey Carlan writes of complex issues,and mind bending trauma with compassion love and empathy.
Mia's strength is stretched to near breaking!
It is through her self sacrifice,her undying love and her complete devotion for Wes that they survive!
Already said too much!
October is A must read, shout and ugly cry, can't put down til you finish every word story!!!
Can Not wait for November♡♡♡
Paula Harp
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Audrey Carlan has done it again, every month has such a unique story line you keep turning the pages and wishing it didn't have to end. Mia and Wes's relationship has some problems after his ordeal. Mia is in Hollywood this month and her job may be permanent if she can get America to like her TV segment on what she finds beautiful. Can't wait for November! I received this book as an arc for a honest review.
Sara
Oct 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2017
To be honest; I've never liked the whole "you are my life, I love you soo much" story of Wes and Mia, so since this part is 99 % Wes and Mia love drama, I wasn't pleased.

Well, let's se what November brings.
I did enjoy this installment of Mia's story, but I didn't think it was as good as all the other months (so far).
Rikke Nielsen
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
read the Danish version
Janell Wheeler
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: music-movies
I'm glad that Mia & Wes have found their way but I have to admit I kind of miss the original concept behind this series. Don't get me wrong I love them together but I liked her going places and meeting new people and seeing her interaction with them. I guess it still holds true in this month just in a slightly different capacity. I love that she is kind of - sort of - not really working with Wes. I'm glad they are not slouching off of the trauma that has hit them. They are dealing with it togeth ...more
Jessica
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can’t believe it’s October and that my time in Audrey Carlan’s Calendar Girl series is almost over. I have been completely addicted to Mia’s world and just the thought of the year being over bums me out. I’m going to really miss this set of characters – I look forward to reading the latest installment each month.

So Mia’s October. This was the first month that I felt like Mia wasn’t reacting to what life was throwing at her but more so she was pushing it forward in the direction she wanted it t
Karen Roma
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Deeply emotional on a visceral level, October delves into the tragedy of Wes` time in captivity and the atrocities inflicted on the survivors of this life-changing ordeal.

Night terrors plague Wes and his memories threaten to destroy the fun loving, surfer guy that Mia feel madly in love with on the beach of Malibu. But Mia is not prepared to let the past mould their future, so she embarks on a personal mission to bring light and happiness back into Wes` fragile existence.

However, being strong f
Tonya
Review from Abibliophobia Anonymous Book Reviews

This is the tenth book in the Calendar Girl series. You must read them all in order. They are novellas, so they aren’t that long. I absolutely love this series and I can never wait for the next month! I’m sad there are only two more books, but I’m excited about it also. This adventure that Mia has been on for the past ten months, has been amazing. Yes, there have been extremely low points. But, she has finally found herself. Now she just needs to h
Babel
Amazing story! I loved the first chapters to bits. The reunion of Mia and Wes was intense, powerfully emotional and it moved me to no end.

Then, the black hole of very painful memories came to the surface about Wes' ordeal. It was hard, harrowing even. How can you enjoy something so heartbreaking? Oh, yes, I'm evil, but I'm ok with it ;o) Still, it was hard to digest all the horrid things Wes and Gina had endured.

Once again, the author squeezes the reader's heart with her thoughtful, honest prose
DawnMarie  Carpintero
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
5 stars

I was given this book for my honest review.

As Mia’s journey continues in this 10th book of the series we can see that her heart and soul have been put to the test in so many ways that will have you in Awe. The complexity of each situation and the love for Wes and her family that guides her through her life’s journey is spectacular in the making. She has grown so much on her journey that even though she has the means to stop and finally become one with Wes the driving force of her heart ke
Jeananna
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
For me there were 2 parts to this installment...

First off it was an extremely emotional installment that shows the power and strength and healing of love!! Mia helps Wes in any way that she can to navigate his way through the PTSD caused from his captivity.

Second it is the beginnings of a career that Mia could only have dreamed about before this journey started. It opened doors, exposing her to opportunities and contacts that will put her on a dream career path.

I cannot wait to see what the ne
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Star Rating: 5 amazing stars!

***ARC gifted by author in exchange for an honest review***

Ok..first off, I really loved this one. It is one I will remember for awhile and I am okay with that. It has a seriousness and a playfulness to it that make sit that much better. I commend Audrey for bringing up and approaching a subject that not many like to talk about. I'm not going to go into a whole lot of detail because it would spoil it and I am not about to do that. Please please take time to read this
Lisa
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing

October

Book 10 Calendar Girls

Audrey Carlan

5 Stars

Mia has gone back to the home she shares with Wes, alone and lonely. Wes comes home and they have this totally hot sex reunion!!!

Wes is wounded inside and out. Will Mia be able to help him heal the wounds he’s suffered and to face the demons of what he saw happen to his friends while being held captive?

It’s another great book in the Calendar Girl series. I’m patiently waiting for November.

***Received this ARC in exchange for my honest revi
Ginelle Blanch
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I knew this was going to be a hard month for Mia.

She will need to be strong, she will need to be compassionate, and understanding. She will need to be a rock and a shoulder to cry on, a safe place to rest.

I knew it was going to be a tough read but, knowing didn't make it easier. Putting the pieces back together after horror and tragedy is not easy but, Mia handles it with grace and dignity.

I can imagine the next couple months will be of healing and discovery. I can't wait to see what happens.
Angel, Book Boyfriend Blog
Oct 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Calendar Girl Serial is a 12 part serial, with one book coming out each month. The stories will feature Mia, told from her perspective. October is part 10, like in September part 10 moves in a different direction I thought it was going and I found parts of October hard to read not because I can't read elements of dark but was just not expecting it in this series. I am still a huge fan of the Calendar Girl series and can't wait for November this installment was just not my favorite.
Alicia VanLandingham
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely am touched by every one of these books. Audrey really makes you feel what Mia does from crying to smiling in different chapters. The pain of Wes to his love for her and hers for him. I can't wait to read more....always wanting more when I finish each one :) keep on rocking them out Audrey. By far one of my favorite if not my favorite series yet
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Books Ever After: Calendar Girl Oktober 26 55 Oct 25, 2017 11:58AM

• Com Amor, Charlie
  • Que Seja Doce
  • Sur les traces du coupable (Dans les yeux de Lya, #2)
  • House of Gods (The Gods of New York, #1)
  • La Lune est à nous
  • Le Marchand de sable, tome 1 (Le Marchand de sable, #1)
  • En quête de vérité
  • Baby Random, tome 1 (Baby Random, #1)
  • Extincta
  • Aldrig Igen (Feisty Ladies serien)
  • 本好きの下剋上~司書になるためには手段を選んでいられません~第一部 I「本がないなら作ればいい!」 (Honzuki no Gekokujou) Manga Vol 1
  • Worth The Risk (Royal Bastards MC: Birmingham, AL #1)
  • The Bachelor's Perfect Proposal (Bliss, #2)
  • Ritmo Imperfeito: O Segredo da Minha Melhor Amiga (Amor & Ritmo Livro 3)
  • Thomas (The MacKenzie Family, #2)
  • Raio de Sol
  • Yoga Girl
  • Nem todos os príncipes usam coroa
Audrey Carlan is a No. 1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal best-selling author. She writes stories that help the reader find themselves while falling in love. Some of her works include the worldwide phenomenon Calendar Girl serial, Trinity series and the International Guy series. Her books have been translated into over thirty languages across the globe.

She lives in the Californi

Calendar Girl (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • January (Calendar Girl, #1)
  • February (Calendar Girl, #2)
  • March (Calendar Girl #3)
  • April (Calendar Girl, #4)
  • May (Calendar Girl, #5)
  • June (Calendar Girl, #6)
  • July (Calendar Girl, #7)
  • August (Calendar Girl, #8)
  • September (Calender Girl #9)
  • November (Calendar Girl #11)