Start by marking “October (Calendar Girl, #10)” as Want to Read:
October (Calendar Girl, #10)

October

(Calendar Girl #10)

Alternate cover for this ASIN can be found here

Silicone, surgery, and Hollywood starlets.

The land of the stars was beckoning and I answered its call. Now that I was free, well, as free as anyone could be, I decided to pursue something for me. To grab life by the horns and ride that sucker until I found my place within it. That decision brought me back home to Malibu, Cali
Published October 31st 2015 by Waterhouse Press

To ask other readers questions about October, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about October

Thyago | MrsMargotBlog
This book is about healing! Treat and heal the traumas to be able to leave the past and face the future with better prospects.
It was difficult to watch the suffering of Mia and Wes, but I think it is necessary to go through this storm and then come the bonanza. And that bonanza begins with Mia's new career prospects.
Geo Marcovici
Jan 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Translation widget on The blog!!!
Octombrie este luna emoțiilor intense. A rănilor și a coșmarurilor cu care fiecare dintre ei trebuie sa lupte. Este luna în care toți încearcă sa își revină.
Ceea ce nu mi-a plăcut cu adevărat, a fost faptul ca pe Gina o urăște din tot sufletul, cu o gelozie ieșită din comun, deși este conștientă ca aceasta gelozie este irațională.
Recenzia completă aici:
Yoda
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Still just curious, its a series Ive spent a year or so reading, need to be done with it so I can remove them from my tbr. ...more
Shannon
Dec 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
I'm not really sure how to feel about this one. It was alright, and it was good to read about them all being reunited. Moreover, I did enjoy the story, I suppose I just didn't like the way Mia handled the healing process.
Angelique
Mwa, nou ja, wat te zeggen. De liefde tussen Wes en Mia is wel schattig. Er zit echter geen enkele realiteit in deze serie als je het mij vraagt. Zo over the top. Wel vermakelijk om even tussendoor te lezen.
Lola
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book took quite a different direction from the previous books in a sense and in another sense it also build upon the previous book quite well. I can't explain to much as I will try to avoid spoilers, but in the last book something big happened for both Mia and Wes. And in this book they are dealing with the aftermath of that in a sense. Mia isn't flying off to another client, but started working for a tv show from her house in Malibu.

And while Mia is working in this book, the focus isn't on
Rachel
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This month Mia goes to Hollywood. It may be the land of the stars, and where dreams come true, but for Mia it was a very emotional month. She gets to spend more time with Wes, but while he is dealing with issues of his own, I felt for Mia and was glad that she was able to talk and reconnect with a few friends.

Mia meets Dr. Drew Hoffman this month, and she was thrown for a loop when she discovers what he has in store for her, but she takes the challenge on and ultimately conquers her fears.

Wes a
Iris
Nov 21, 2017 rated it liked it
3,5 out of 5 stars

The books keep getting better, which is great since the books weren't that good in the beginning. The story is developing and we finally have a real story with real issues.

So yeah, pretty nice. Still not really my thing but it is nice to read this in between long books.
Jacqueline McFaddin
Mar 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
The story line just gets worse. she should have condensed it and lost the entire primise about Wes being held hostage!!! Now miraculously she has a segment on TV and is smart enough to help Wes deal with his nightmares? The same person who didn't realize that Max was her brother even after the vivid dream and the blatant signs? I'm not finishing this series I'm far to disgusted!
Lisa
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read any of the Calendar Girl series by Audrey Carlan you need too!! This series is one of the best ever!! It follows Mia on her journey to find herself, save her family and possibly find love!!
In October, Mia heads to Hollywood!! Back in California with her love, Wes, she's hired by Dr. Drew Hoffman to help with his medical show. She gets her own 15 minute segment every Friday on his show.
It's a great month for Mia! Things are getting better and life is looking up!! Go grab thi
Frk. Hyms
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Er der overhovedet noget Mia ikke kan overkomme/finde på gode ideer til/fixe på en eller anden måde? Hvor er hun altså bare et helt specielt menneske..

*Special little snowflake*
Gina *loves sunshine*
Jul 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
I was really looking forward to reading the last few months and seeing how the story of Mia and her crew all played out - I was enjoying the series so much in the beginning and middle! But it has slowly fizzled out and I honestly don't mind quitting at this point. I probably should not have read them all back to back?? Putting a little break between some of the months would have been better. Then I could have built up the excitement of the storyline and characters a little bit more! oh well! But ...more
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Λοιπόν... δεν ξέρω! Είμαι ανάμεσα στα 2 και τα 3 αστεράκια, και αφού δεν μπορώ να επιλέξω το μισό, θα το χαρίσω υπέρ του μαθητή. Παρ' όλα ταύτα, δε βρίσκω normal ισορροπίες, ούτε ξεκάθαρη ταυτότητα, και προθέσεις, πλέον, στην όλη ιστορία.
Cyndi Becker
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Topsy Turvy - these are the best words that I can think of to describe Mia’s experiences up to and including October, the 10th installment of Audrey Carlan's Calendar Girl series. October finds Mia awaiting Wes’s return to Malibu, and Mia beginning a very new chapter of a professional career in television. Yes, much has changed and with Mia off the hook with her debt, some of the edge is gone. Oh, there’s still plenty of drama, but the struggle has changed. I’m happy for the evolution, but I fee ...more
Misty
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This month was a bit difficult to read. I don't want to give away too much but I think as of right now it may be my least favorite month. Don't get me wrong, Audrey's writing is still great and the story is still there but I felt like this month was missing something for me. What that is I don't know and maybe I will change my tune in the next few days once the story sits with me a bit longer. If that ends up being the case I will for sure revise this.

PS. I can't believe there are only two more
Esra
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
2.5/3
Ay yok ben bunların aşkını hissedemiyorum...
Ağustos, Eylül çok güzeldi ama bu ayı beğenmedim. Çok boş geldim bana!
Kate
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 stars for October.
October is the hardest month! Gut wrenching ugly cry hard!
Audrey Carlan writes of complex issues,and mind bending trauma with compassion love and empathy.
Mia's strength is stretched to near breaking!
It is through her self sacrifice,her undying love and her complete devotion for Wes that they survive!
Already said too much!
October is A must read, shout and ugly cry, can't put down til you finish every word story!!!
Can Not wait for November♡♡♡
Paula Harp
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Audrey Carlan has done it again, every month has such a unique story line you keep turning the pages and wishing it didn't have to end. Mia and Wes's relationship has some problems after his ordeal. Mia is in Hollywood this month and her job may be permanent if she can get America to like her TV segment on what she finds beautiful. Can't wait for November! I received this book as an arc for a honest review.
CrazyDaisy
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Crazy Ass Must Read Stars!!!!!

I'm so loving this series! I'm also loving how things have turned out for Mia "career-wise". Things with Wes are a little tense. I'm glad to see he's heading in the right direction. I'm not to sure about Gina though. Something feels off. Crap! Ok, no more spoilers. It's just so hard.

If you haven't started this series, I highly recommend that you do. It's a great read that will have you turning pages to keep up with Mia's journey.
Tania J
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
At some point, reading this book felt like a chore. Once again, this series is pretty fast to get through but not something I'd ever re-read.
I did enjoy this installment of Mia's story, but I didn't think it was as good as all the other months (so far).
Melissa
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Comme tous les mois, j’attendais avec impatience de pouvoir découvrir la suite des aventures de Mia, surtout qu’à partir de maintenant, elle n’est plus escort et va pouvoir reprendre sa vie professionnelle en main, en faisant quelque chose d’épanouissant pour elle.

A partir de maintenant, plus rien ne sera jamais pareil. Wes est enfin de retour à Malibu mais il n’est plus le même après le traumatisme qu’il a vécu. Mia va tout mettre en oeuvre pour l’aider à remonter la pente même si ses efforts s
Hannie
Oct 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Uit. Gelukkig. Want hoewel het boek wel wat leuke elementen heeft zoals Mia's nieuwe baan, vond ik dit ook een erg ongeloofwaardig verhaal. Nu geldt dat voor alle boeken in de serie. Maar te denken dat seks een traumatische ervaring kan oplossen. Sorry, daar geloof ik niet in. (view spoiler) ...more
Mélanie Lacroix
Oct 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Pffffffff.
Je vous jure, j’ai presque envie de m’arrêter là niveau avis. On arrive à la fin de l’année et j’ai envie de dire : ENFIN. Mia n’est plus escort, elle retrouve Wes et donc elle couche avec toutes les cinq minutes. Parce que, vous comprenez, il a été otage et pour se reconnecter à la vie, il a besoin du vagin de Mia. La personne qui est autour? Bof, pas trop non. Donc en gros, il y a des scènes de cul toutes les dix pages, à peu près toujours la même chose d’ailleurs. Et c’est chiant. E
Juli
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
Me continua pareciendo muy surrealista, pero ya estoy por terminar esta historia, asique continuare con ella
Janell Wheeler
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: music-movies
I'm glad that Mia & Wes have found their way but I have to admit I kind of miss the original concept behind this series. Don't get me wrong I love them together but I liked her going places and meeting new people and seeing her interaction with them. I guess it still holds true in this month just in a slightly different capacity. I love that she is kind of - sort of - not really working with Wes. I'm glad they are not slouching off of the trauma that has hit them. They are dealing with it to ...more
Cecily Kyle
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wobble, favorites
I am going to miss this series when it is done! Mia is probably one of my favourite fictional characters! I love her spunk and pizazz and I love what she has with Wes.
This book had a lot of emotional issues to overcome and if I didn't decide to read each book with their corresponding month then I would have finished them all right away! I am liking this though, makes me enjoy the story for a longer period of time.
Such a great read!!
Books Ever After: Calendar Girl Oktober 26 55 Oct 25, 2017 11:58AM
  • Endless Possibility (Rush, #1.5)
  • Losing My Balance (Fenbrook Academy, #1.5)
  • Sinful Deception (Covert Affairs, #1.3)
  • I am free
  • Quintal's Return
  • One Lucky Night
  • November Surprise
  • Pieces of My Heart (Pieces, #2)
  • Kaylee's Keeper (Masters of the Castle, #2)
  • By Loyalty Bound
  • Le Temps Viendra: A Novel of Anne Boleyn, Volume II
  • Kage Unleashed (Kage Trilogy, #2)
  • Impossibly Forever (Impossibly, #1-2)
  • Speechless (Pier 70, #3)
  • Between Two Kings. A Novel of Anne Boleyn
  • Hooch & Cake (Special Delivery, #1.5)
  • Shattered Edge (Edge, #2)
  • Surviving the Fall (Walking in the Rain, #1)
Audrey Carlan is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. She writes wicked hot love stories that are designed to give the reader a romantic experience that's sexy, sweet, and so hot your e-reader might melt. Some of her works include the wildly successful Calendar Girl Serial, the Trinity Trilogy and the highly anticipated International Guy Serial.

She lives in t

Calendar Girl (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • January (Calendar Girl, #1)
  • February (Calendar Girl, #2)
  • March (Calendar Girl #3)
  • April (Calendar Girl, #4)
  • May (Calendar Girl, #5)
  • June (Calendar Girl, #6)
  • July (Calendar Girl, #7)
  • August (Calendar Girl, #8)
  • September (Calender Girl #9)
  • November (Calendar Girl #11)