Start by marking “Mind Games (The Demon Trappers, #5)” as Want to Read:
Mind Games (The Demon Trappers, #5)

Mind Games

(The Demon Trappers #5)

Riley Blackthorne’s life as a Demon Trapper is about to hit the wall. Knowing she will always be a target for those who want to exploit her “connections” with Hell, she’s learning defensive magic. It seems the only way to ensure she and her fiancé, Denver Beck, have a future together. But not everyone in Atlanta, or at the Vatican, is pleased by this news. In fact, some wa ...more
Published October 31st 2015 by Nevermore Books

Start your review of Mind Games (The Demon Trappers, #5)
Jaime
Sep 24, 2015 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Number 5?! I thought it was over. This just made me so happy!
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love Jana Oliver's Demon Trappers series and I was really sad when it came to an end so I'm thrilled that the author decided to revisit it and give us a chance to see how the characters are getting along. Mind Games picks up not long after the Grave Matters novella, Beck is still living in Scotland while he finishes his training to become a Grand Master while Riley is back in Atlanta. It's hard being so far away from the man she loves but Riley has plenty to keep her busy: she's hel ...more
Tzeni
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
I REALLY wanted to love this.

The Demon Trappers series is one of my favorites and I was beyond excited when I found out there would be a fifth book.

But I guess this turned out like Supernatural, post-Season 5. After you see the apocalypse, any other plot seems anti-climactic. I appreciate the effort of bringing Riley into the magic world and giving her more potential to be an ass-kicker, but in the end I guess I was completely underwhelmed by the entire premise.

Another huge issue I had was on th
Becky
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my all time favourite couples is Riley & Beck, so i was dead excited when i found out i would get to read more of their story. Jana did not disappoint!

I love Riley's strength, Den's protectiveness but also his realisation that Riley is her own woman who is more than capable. Stewart & Harper make a return, along with a new and improved Simon and of course there are alot of demons, including the Kleptofiend who seems to have taken a liking to Riley.

I can't wait for more of one of my favour
Margaux
Nov 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Three stars is a little bit harsh. I actually loved meeting Riley and Beck one last Time. But I think that the book doesn't bring anything new to the story line. The story of this book is not as good as the other ones. And even though i enjoyed seeing Riley so grown up and all, the fourth book was for me the perfect ending. This one was just there to tell us that YES they are gonna be fine and live happily ever after, which make this book a little off for me. But it is still a good ending and it ...more
Jackie
This was well worth waiting for as it came out a while ago and only just got my own copy a week or so prior to reading the book.

Love how much both Beck and Riley have matured since the last book, love how things that prior to this story would have never been addressed by either of them, love that Riley herself is finally learning to take charge over her own decisions rather than allowing those in charge to enforce their decisions on her.

Now we have my favorite Demon Trapper couple finally engage
Michelle Esterhuyzen
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: topbooks2020
Brilliantly written just wish it was longer but overall a great book
Sapphyria
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Note: This review will contain potential spoilers for events in previous books. It is best to read this series in order.

How I love Riley and Beck. I miss them and just when it becomes almost unbearable, Jana Oliver waves her magic writing instrument and my favorite Demon Trappers are back in new adventures. This time finds Riley on the discrimination end of the Master Trapper's list and not just on a local level. Apparently she's moved up the chain to the National level. They have discovered her
Julie-anne
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yay, Riley and the gang are all back! I was so excited to read that Oliver was releasing a 5th book, it really is one of my favourite series and I've recommended it to a few friends. The first in the series is Forsaken, 2nd is Forbidden, 3rd is Forgiven, 4th is Foretold, 4.5 is Grave Matters. Although Grave Matters is really only a wee novella, I included it in the list since the story is relevant to Riley's future and therefore this book.

This time we see Riley having to deal with a long distanc
Darcy
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: demons, e-book, magic, ya, witches, 2015
This book was sure a game changer. At first it seemed like things were going to be bad as the National Guild had their heads up their asses and of coures Riley was blamed as the evil center. The good thing was that the most of other Trappers of Atlanta were behind her, supported her and gave her hope.

Riley's life certainly took a change. I liked the new things that she was learning, thought that it made her a stronger Trapper. I liked how Riley stood up to the different factions to get what woul
Rebekah McCurdy
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Not as a detailed as previous books in the series. But nonetheless you will find the book very enjoyable. I wish though it was longer. SPOILER ALERT if you haven't read all previous books I apologize, but I need to include this next sentence. Also I wish this book covered Riley and Beck's wedding. (Call me a sap all you want).

I am glad that Oliver did not finish in book four because book five helps the reader recognize and appreciate all the characters from previous books. It helps the reader u
Scott Drummond
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mind Games is an excellent book in the Demon Trapper series! I love how we are branching out into other types of magic. Also, Jana Oliver has done a great job of including most of the supporting cast and weaving them into a great story. This book closes out one story arc, but leaves so much more to tell!
Jessica Ward
Disappointing

I was excited to read this after enjoying the other books in the series, but this was a huge letdown. The writing was terrible and the characters were annoying. So sad I read this cause it tarnished my memory of the rest of the books.
Jenn
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it

This was alright. I would have been happy leaving off with the last book. The beginning, I was a little bored. It really picked up towards the middle until the end, that’s when I really started to enjoy it.

The likes:

*The twists. From who was causing “more demons” and who was messing with Riley.
*Riley dabbling with magic. I think it’s cool that she’s learning it and it helped her out so much!
*How determined Riley to prove to the Guild she’s right for the job and how she showed them.
*Simo
Karissa
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love the Demon Trappers series and was very excited to see that another book has been released in this series. This book does a great job of wrapping up all the loose ends that were left after the fourth book. It was wonderful to see all of our favorites from the Demon Trappers series. I would definitely recommend reading the other Demon Trappers books before reading this one.

This book really digs in and explores the magic side of things. Riley starts getting very involved in both Summoning ma
Jessica Tomes
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it
This a 3 star read for me. This felt more of a filler book for this series, it had a very monster of the week feel. That being said I loved how magic was the focus of this book. I really enjoyed reading more about the magical community in this world, and how Riley is growing in this community. Jana Oliver has done an amazing job with character development in this series and I think that is why I am enjoying it so much. Riley isn't instantly amazing at these new crafts, she puts the work in and g ...more
Morticia
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, e-books
ok so I'm really hoping this isn't the last book in the demon trappers sieres. I feel there is more to tell!!! the suspense was good! the crap with Northrup and finding out how deep the corruption goes! so there is more story there. Riley finally getting her dream was expected but it was awesome reading it anyways! I was just as happy about that as beck was!!I really do like this sieres, the world, the characters, I wish to read more of it!
Anna
Such a great conclusion to the series.
In this book we are introduced to a more political side of the demon trapping and have the chance to see how much all the characters have grown. I kind of wish I've read the "Grave matters" novella, just to shed more light on the event that occurred between the books 4 and 5, but who knows, I might still read it.
One thing for sure, I will definitely miss reading about Beck and Riley.
Johanna
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, angels, demons
So I just need to accept that this series will just be an OK series for me.
I have issues with too perfect characters and too much happily ever after and Riley is pretty much both in my opinion. Somehow everything just turns out to be ok, good guys win and bad guys loses, minimum losses in the process if any losses ever.
The way to become a master is apparently less easy as it seems, but no worries it will all be ok.
Soumika Banerjee
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Demon Trappers have always been close to my heart and I was very much looking forward to this book and as expected I loved it!
Riley and Beck have never been the conventional couples because they have always had a target on their backs and this time is no different.
Riley is trying hard to become a Master but the forces of hell are intent on destroying her chances.
I really don't want to give away much but to all the others: You will love this book, seriously!
Crystal Rudd
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I haven't read this series since I was 12 (2012/2013) and it was nice to get back to it. I hope to get a companion series focusing on Carrina going into the Demon Hunters Society because that would be cool and I would get to learn more about the world Jana Oliver has created.
A bit confused why this is called #5 though. I thought Grave Matters was #5 making this #6??
Alyshia
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Back to the faster paced storyline with this book. So many different things happening and going on.

It was good to see how the different characters are changing and doing new things.

Lucifer's still up to his same old tricks. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
I seriously LOVE this series, I’m so glad i reread books 1-4 before reading 5 and soon 6.

The characters are like family, I absolutely love spending time with them and joining in on their adventures and battles. Bring in payday so I can get book 6, the wait is killing me lol

✩⋆ Victoria ⋆✩
Sadly this was pretty anti climatic following the previous one.
Jaysa
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although there wasn't as much action as in the other books it still was an amazing journey with twists and turns until the end!
Lynn Worton
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review 6*

This is the fifth book in The Demon Trappers series. I absolutely loved it!

Riley Blackthorne is a fantastic character. She has made a few mistakes, both personally and career-wise, but that just makes her human. I love her feisty attitude and have enjoyed watching her grow from a sixteen year old with a chip on her shoulder in the first book, The Demon Trapper's Daughter (US) or Forsaken (UK), to a determined young woman of nineteen in this book, who has literally faced both Heaven and
Kerie Gough
really enjoyed seeing more of riley and beck's relationship, they've both grown and matured into the perfect power couple! would have liked more demon action but a great read all the same!
Daisy Breed
Jul 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WARNING! READ THE SHORT STORY FIRST! The story will make so much more sense then if you didn't read it.

This book is getting five stars just for those last few chapters because they made me want to laugh, smile and cry! Dear God, the feels when Angus is making his speech and those little moments alone with Beck and Riley! Not to mention that Beck is reading Percy Jackson!!! Riley has good taste in books!

THAT GRADE ONE MAGPIE IS BY FAR THE MOST UNDERRATED CHARACTER EVER AND I WOULD DIE FOR THAT LI
Bibliophile  Booklover
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Riley was such as badass, I loved it. Beck is going to be a great Grand Master and looks hot in a kilt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Oct 23, 2015 12:12PM

• From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • Number Neighbors
  • The Eve Illusion (Eve of Man, #2)
  • Moment of Truth (Love, Life, and the List, #3)
  • One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
  • Darkness of Light (Darkness, #1)
  • Love the One You Hate
  • Blood Beyond Darkness (Darkness, #4)
  • Dwellers of Darkness (Darkness, #3)
  • Fire in the Darkness (Darkness, #2)
  • Dirty Charmer (The Bodyguards, #1)
  • Shifted Fate (The Wolves of Forest Grove Book 1)
  • Of Neptune (The Syrena Legacy, #3)
  • Harley Merlin 15: Finch Merlin and the Everlasting Vow
  • The Kingdom (Graveyard Queen #2)
  • 10 ting ledere kan lære af Kierkegaard
  • The Prophet (Graveyard Queen, #3)
Jana Oliver is an international and Amazon bestselling author who lives in Portugal.

Her novels have won numerous awards, including the Prism Award, the Daphne du Maurier Award for Excellence in Mystery and Supense as well as the National Readers' Choice Award.

Her books include The Demon Trappers Series and Briar Rose (Young Adult), time travel/historical mystery (The Time Rovers Series) and paran

The Demon Trappers (6 books)
  • Forsaken (The Demon Trappers, #1)
  • Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2)
  • Forgiven (The Demon Trappers, #3)
  • Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)
  • Valiant Light (The Demon Trappers #6)

News & Interviews