Start by marking “First Brush on the Canvas” as Want to Read:
First Brush on the Canvas

Read Book

First Brush on the Canvas

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  10 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
14 stellar stories & inspiring quotes on writing. Source of insipration for aspiring writers & for all those who wish to re kindle their love for reading short stoies.

Blurb :
Graham, Daniel, their friendship, life and death.
Vampires, guardians' adventures at night. Coffee, love and a new couple. Imli and her mother in a complex web of darkness. A small town girl c
Paperback, First, 160 pages
Published September 25th 2015 by Half Baked Beans

To ask other readers questions about First Brush on the Canvas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Brush on the Canvas

Dhivya Balaji
Feb 07, 2016 Dhivya Balaji rated it liked it

Some books have covers. And some books have exquisite pieces of art covering the contents. Some books have simple, plain covers that might not give any indication of the great content inside. And then there are books that give the exact hint about the nature and style of story(ies) they might contain. These books are also complemented by simply beautiful covers and a nice title that would intrigue and interest the reader.

First Brush on The Canvas is a collection of 14 stories f
Mahathi Ramya
Dec 15, 2015 Mahathi Ramya rated it liked it
This book is a collection of stories of 3 genres - Love, comedy and Horror. These are handpicked stories edited by Priyanka Roy Banerjee from nationwide short story competition organized by So, I expected them to be the best of a lot and it didn't disappoint me at all. I didn't enjoy stories from comedy section. All other stories are fantastic.

I loved the quotes before each story. Some which I liked,

There is only one tip for good writing - the subject or the story should have a
Shoma Abhyankar
Nov 15, 2015 Shoma Abhyankar rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: readers of all tastes
Usually I am not impulsive when buying anything and more so from on-line portals. This time, however, I bought a book on-line, impulsively…. First Brush on Canvas by WritersMelon…And honestly I have not regretted buying it!
Outcome of a nationwide contest ‘Melonade’ with stories that were judged by Ashwin Sanghi, Preeti Shenoy and Arnab Ray, this collection of short stories is a first for authors of stories as well as for WritersMelon.
The book has stories divided into sections ‘Romance’, ‘Comedy’
Vinay Leo R.
• Godliness, by Abhishek Mukherjee
• An Adoption, by Uttiya Roy

Points in favor:
+ All stories were interesting
+ Cover art, though it can be more vibrant
+ Editing was quite acceptable

Points against:
- Classification into genres doesn’t work as most stories don’t seem to fit the genre

A one-time read with some good stories.

Actual rating: 2.5 stars

Vinay Leo R. | Review at A Bookworm's Musing
Privy Trifles
Privy Trifles rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2015
b00k r3vi3ws
b00k r3vi3ws rated it it was ok
May 24, 2016
Palak rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2015
Blogwati rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2015
Uttiya Roy
Uttiya Roy rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2015
Rafaa Dalvi
Rafaa Dalvi rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2016
When was the last time , you did something for the first time? 1 1 Sep 30, 2015 04:21AM