Start by marking “The Flame Never Dies (The Stars Never Rise, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Flame Never Dies (The Stars Never Rise, #2)

The Flame Never Dies

(The Stars Never Rise Duology #2)

One spark will rise.

Nina Kane was born to be an exorcist. And since uncovering the horrifying truth—that the war against demons is far from over—seventeen-year-old Nina and her pregnant younger sister, Mellie, have been on the run, incinerating the remains of the demon horde as they go.

In the badlands, Nina, Mellie, and Finn, the fugitive and rogue exorcist who saved
Published August 16th 2016 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about The Flame Never Dies, please sign up.

Start your review of The Flame Never Dies (The Stars Never Rise, #2)
Emily May
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it

Nooooooooo!

But also, yes. Thank you, Ms Vincent, for knowing when to stop and executing it in a slightly open, totally evil, but somehow still perfect way.

Okay, let's be honest with each other - is this duology built on a never before seen concept? No. Is the writing style a cut above most other YA novels? Not particularly. But is it a dramatic, emotional thrill ride full of twists, turns and nastiness? Hell, yes!

My only complaint about this book turned out to be not that much of an issue for me, but I should probably mention i
Lola
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, action
Such a fantastic sequel to THE STARS NEVER RISE.

Rachel Vincent was right not to stretch this series further. A duology is perfect, even if I would certainly not have minded more of Nina & Finn and the interesting post-apocalyptic-ish world-building full of deceitful demons.

Just like its predecessor, THE FLAME NEVER DIES is fast-paced and so very entertaining. The beautiful truth is, Rachel Vincent is smart. Her twists and turns are creative and unexpected. It’s a plea
Simona Bartolotta
"This is biological warfare."

description

•Straight to the point, as you will have gathered, the entire thing felt too juvenile for my taste. I mean, among other things, you can't have kids spit in a bottle and call it "biological warfare". Last I checked, this was labeled as young adult, not middle grade. The first installment seemed to me far more mature in this respect.

•Another aspect that contributed to give me such impression
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
What a great ending to this duology! My dad got me this second book for Christmas but I got it the day it came instead of waiting until Christmas. I don't think he felt like wrapping it. Lol

So Nina, Melanie, Finn, Maddock, Reese, Devi and Grayson are still on the run from the demons and the evil possessed church people.

They are out in the badlands and they are still exorcising the creepy degenerates and possessed people as they show up. They just fire up that hand and send them back to hell. T
Overall I enjoyed this series a lot. The premise, the world created, all the inner-workings of this dark dystopian world, the blend of paranormal fantasy and dystopian with horror elements. Yes please! I looooved The Stars Never Rise, so my excitement for The Flame Never Dies was unreal. It's been over a year since I read the first and I didn't know this one would be the conclusion of the series. I think this works in the book's favor allowing for constant excitement throughout. There aren't any moment ...more
Sana
4 1/2 stars. This book was ten times more enjoyable than the first book.

BR with this beautiful girl Julia. <3

Someone please tell me that there is a third book because that ending was torture and I will end up with depression. cri

This book has got it all: Fighting demons, awesome powers, strong female characters, sweet, nice, and strong male characters, NO CHEATING, NO LOVE TRIANGLE, and so many plot twists, adorable romance, flawed characters, awesome action scenes, pain, and (view/>Someone
Drew
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Goodness, I love this series. It's so gritty and awesome and this dystopian world is insane. Featuring nasty demons, an evil, controlling Church, and exorcists… it's brutal, but in the best way possible.

So much happened in this book. Nina Kane is on the run with Finn, a group of exorcists, and her pregnant sister, Mellie. They are escaping the Church and a hoard of demons on their tail by hiding out in the badlands.

The action was brilliant; Nina was an awesome exorcist who spent
Alyssa

Book Two of The Stars Never Rise series
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: August 16, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: Copy sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

ONE SPARK WILL RISE. Nina Kane was born to be an exorcist.
Taylor
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Whelp. That ending was evil.

The Flame Never Dies is the conclusion to The Stars Never Rise duology, and I'm continuously surprised with how good these books are. Are they high literature? No. But are they completely engrossing and addicting? HELL YES.

Nina Kane lives in a world ravaged by demons. Demonic possession is a common-occurrence in this post-apocalyptic U.S., and The Church touts themselves as the sole governing body to combat this demon invasion. With strict theocratic law and ordained Exorcis/>The
Vathna Dany
I'm very disappointed. The first book, The Stars never rise, was very exciting to read with its unique plot and many interesting characters. However, its sequel over here, didn't really exceed my high expectation. In fact, it was one of the worst concluding book of a series that I've read for various reasons.

1. The plot can be a little repetitive. Run, exorcist a demon, keep running, save someone and run again. There were quite many twists, alright? But I kept my face straight during most
Julia (ten_thousand_books)
Did I buddy read with my awesome friend Sana! <3

Man. This book.

"And with that, I lost Mellie to her book. Again."

Once I picked this book up again I didn't want to put it down!
Sana can probably agree with me! Every time we finished a few chapters I wanted to read more. :P bless your soul for putting up with me. ;) <3

"I don't want to remember her, I want to be with her."

Reese and Grayson. Oh my goodness. I love them, they are probably one of my favourite couples of 2016!! So
Marta Cox
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
This review is for the second book in this series but I read somewhere that the author only intended to write two books so wonder if more are forthcoming. What I'm sure about is that the end gives hope for humanity but oops I'm jumping way ahead .
This book is YA but that doesn't mean it lacks plot or direction as quite frankly it's a vision of a future that's horrifying. A world full of demons who lack corporeal forms so instead use humans as hosts, taking their bodies , their memories and usin
mith
A wonderful end to the duology. People need to pick this one up!

when i used the word intelligent to describe nina, i realised later on that i'd used the wrong word--but that isn't to say nina isn't intelligent, because she is. but what i meant to say was that she was sensible, and that has to be one of the main reasons i admire nina kane so damn much.
having decent characters can make or break a book. if i don't like them, i probably have little to no desire wanting to finish the book; even if
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Carmel (Rabid Reads) by: http://www.socialbookco.com/book/9781...
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

I didn’t realize that Rachel Vincent intended to wrap-up THE STARS NEVER RISE universe after two installments, so I am a little saddened that Nina Kane’s story has already come to a close. On the other hand, I’m happy that it was concise—e.g. no lulls in-between plot points or incessant love triangles—which transformed THE FLAME NEVER DIES into a chilling, dystopian tale full of trials, loss, and in the end, hope.

The first half of this novel set the stage
Alaina
This book was so good and I wish this series didn't end. Like could there just be surprise third book so that this didn't have to end up being a duology. Or at least a spin off series where we get to see Adam all grown up?!? If there is one, then I apologize because I should have done my research. If there isn't then there should be.

I loved everything about The Flame Never Dies. I was so happy to see all of the characters again, even Devi. She seemed less annoying/bitchy to me in this boo
Danielle (Love at First Page)

I looooove this series! And Nina. And Finn. Such a cool concept and unique romance. A favorite for sure!
Chelsea
Apr 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star
Mini Review: About the same in quality as the first book. Fast paced, entertaining, full of twists and turns. Nina is still quite a strong lead. My only critique is that the ending felt a bit too...convenient, I guess. Solid duology, if you liked the first one I imagine you would enjoy this one as well. 3.5 stars
Colleen Houck
Wow! Loved this one even more than the first. I really, really, like Finn and his whole emerging story. The demon king guy was an awesome villain. Winced many times over the whole pregnancy in the wilderness thing. Really felt for that girl. Can't even imagine. Wonderful read!
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Rating: 4.5/5

Review to come soon! :)
It's been several months since Nina escaped from the Church demons with her pregnant sister Mellie and the other exorcist friends they made. They've spent that time roaming the badlands, killing any degenerates they come into contact with but also trying to gather enough supplies for themselves and Mellie's baby. Mellie is due to drop any day now and they only thing they can't guarantee is a soul for the baby since they are now so limited but Nina has a plan in place and she's willing to pay any ...more
Sep 30, 2015 marked it as i-need-you-in-my-life
The cover is gorgeous!

description

Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Remember kids take do not let yourself be blinded from the truth by pretty lies, don't be a afraid to look a gift horse in the face.

In this book, we return to a world which is overrun by demons posing as humans and where true humans are relegated to second class citizens, or in all honesty human cattle, unknowingly waiting to be possessed by demons once they come of age.

We rejoin Nina Kane and her new exorcist family. As the struggle to survive in the badlands, after having escaped New Tempera
Liz Barnsley
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loving this series. The first one was brilliantly addictive and The Flame Never Dies was even better with lots of lovely little twists and turns, the characters becoming more focused and then that Rachel Vincent put ANOTHER damned fine ending onto things which means I'm going to NEED the next book with the kind of book need every real reader can relate to.

So in this instalment our gang are out in the badlands, away from the Church but in no less danger for that. Her sister Mellie's b
Cierra
Jun 28, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: get-gify-with-it
I can't wait!

*Sees release date*
NEXT YEAR?!

Gunjan (NerdyBirdie)
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Honestly I expected no less from Rachel Vincent! After enjoying The Stars Never Rise by her I was really looking forward to this book—and was not disappointed.

I just love reading about Nina because she’s so realistic and down to earth. If you add her character to this interesting storyline then that’s what makes my day.

The world of the Unified Church was definitely realistic although I would’ve preferred a little more unpredictability in the plot twists.

The only minor problems that I had (besides
Nidofito
Rating: 3.75/5

That was a fast one! Or maybe it was because I gave up a few hours of sleep and have basically been reading non-stop since yesterday, work and all.

I loved how Vincent is unafraid to pull the big punches. The Flame Never Dies is fast-paced with an almost chaotic atmosphere. I think it might've been a good idea to extend the Pandemonia stay but overall, I'm very impressed with Vincent's ability to keep me addicted right till the very interesting, and cheeky, end.<
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.5/5

Review coming soon!
Alexa
that cover is gorgeous wow
nick
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it

3.5/5

The Stars Never Rise was one of those unexpected hidden gems of last year for me. I fell head over heels in love with the cast of characters and the original story Rachel Vincent had crafted. Going into The Flame Never Dies, I was a little nervous. Though I can’t say that I enjoyed this final book of the duology as much as the first, I still thought it was a great conclusion and that the series as a whole was a brilliant ride.

Anytime I read a sequel, I expect to see
Suze Lavender
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nina knows she's an exorcist, she was born that way. However, this doesn't mean it's easy to conquer all the demons she and her small group of fellow exorcists come across. Demons are cunning and they're forever hunting Nina and her friends. They had to leave New Temperance and are now living in the badlands, where it's easier to hide, but harder to survive. The demon problem has to be solved and a plan needs to be made, something that will confront Finn with a past he never wants to be part of ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Crash (The Game, #3)
  • Public Enemies (Immortal Game, #2)
  • Burn (The Rephaim, #4)
  • Darkest Battle (Birthright, #3)
  • The Nightmare Charade (The Arkwell Academy, #3)
  • Broken Crowns (The Internment Chronicles, #3)
  • The Eternity Key (Into the Dark, #2)
  • Untitled (Many-Worlds, #3)
  • Twist
  • Fragile Spirits (Souls, #2)
  • Buried
  • The Eye of Andromeda (Age of X, #3)
  • The Skylighter (The Keepers' Chronicles, #2)
  • Invincible (The Twixt, #4)
  • Girls & Monsters
  • Stars In Her Eyes (Sparkstone Saga #1)
  • The Golden Country (Pegasus, #3)
  • Legasea
[Note: Though Rachel's blog entries are cross posted here, she does not frequent Goodreads. The best ways to contact her are FB, Twitter, or her Wordpress blog. PLEASE DO NOT SEND HER MESSAGES HERE. SHE DOES NOT CHECK THEM.]

A resident of Oklahoma, Rachel Vincent has a BA in English and an overactive imagination, and consistently finds the latter to be more practical. She shares her wor

The Stars Never Rise Duology (2 books)
  • The Stars Never Rise (The Stars Never Rise, #1)