Start by marking “39-storey Treehouse” as Want to Read:
39-storey Treehouse

39-storey Treehouse

(Treehouse #3)

ABC
Published July 30th 2015 by Macmillan Children's Books (first published September 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about 39-storey Treehouse, please sign up.
Cain G Yah his horrible drawing of a cat Andy can't count

Thomas
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the best book in these series so far with an added crazy chainsaw level and a giant shark tank. I cant wait to read the next instalment of fun in the treehouse!
AMY
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Grades 4-5
346 pages. In this book, Andy and Terry have to battle a Once-Upon-A-Time machine that writes stories and has taken over the place. The enormous amount of additional characters that keep appearing are just hilarious. The drawings throughout keep me laughing. It is never boring in THIS treehouse. The author is very clever and keeps the action going along a fast-paced plot with lots of twists and turns. Kids will love this series. I cannot wait to read the next one. Maybe I will figure out why the ...more
 Creative Kids Tales
Andy and Terry have added another 13 storey’s to their already fantastical tree house. Readers can expect loads more absurd antics and fun filled adventures and the 39th floor doesn’t disappoint.

When Terry reveals possibly the best invention in the history of the universe, Andy is of course completely baffled as to what it is. Terry answers, ‘It’s a once upon a time machine, of course.’

A machine capable of writing an entire book, with absolutely no effort on Andy and Terr
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun "before bed" read with my two kids. They sometimes would moan and groan when it was time to read, but as I turned the pages and began to read aloud, they snuggled in closer and begged for "just one more chapter" at every reading session. We would start and stop, and sometimes life would get in the way, but we always made our way back to our reading time together. There is nothing more satisfying than sharing a love for the written word...and a few giggles too! On to the next book in the se ...more
Lyn Battersby
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awards
Lyn is a judge for the Aurealis Awards. Any reviews and ratings made by Lyn do not reflect the opinions of the Aurealis Awards Panel or the management committee.

I shall be rating this work once the awards are announced.
Rick Silva
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This starts out similarly to the first book in the series, with a tour of all the latest additions to the Treehouse (World's Scariest Roller Coaster! Baby Dinosaur Petting Zoo!), followed by Andy and Terry facing another deadline for their next book from their publisher Mr. Big Nose, and the inevitable attempt to get our of actually putting in the work needed to finish the book.

In this case the scheme involves building a machine called the Once-Upon-A-Time-Machine to write the story
Cassin24
This book was okay but it is about, Two boys one named Andy and they other Terry and they are best friends and they live in this huge treehouse together! Anyway, they write the book throughout the book and Terry makes this invention one day because He is tired of writting the whole books so He makes this really good invetion but all of a sudden on day something terrible happens! This book is for people who like a funny, fiction story!
TheBookWorm🐛 🐛
Harrison Saich
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A review by my 5 year old daughter, Zahra:

Even though Captain Stupido is horrible, this book is my favourite book. I love Jill. She’s my favourite character. I like the look of the new levels of the treehouse and I love Terry and Andy. I like the treehouse and its tree. It’s beautiful.
Sophie Crane
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would give it 5 stars

I liked it because it was funny but subtle !!!

I recommend it to 5 +

I loved this book and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did!
Arnaud
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the jet chairs
Rebekah
A super fast, funny read. I read it in about and hour 1/2, and I am a slow reader.
I started reading it to my children, since I thought they might like it. My 9 yr old took it and finished it themselves before going to sleep. They told me how awesome, and funny the book was, and "I have to read it mom."
It is a funny book, I laughed almost all the way through.
Andy and Terry are two friends living in a tree house and have made some really cool areas; baby dino petting zoo, netless trampolin
Sarah Stevens
Ugh. Imagine a group of fifth graders doodling in a notebook about a cool treehouse with everything conceivable and then playing a 'finish this sentence' game to come up with the plot. You would have this book.

And honestly, that probably works for their intended audience. My kids like it. And maybe it helps them unleash their creativity ... or something. I don't even know. I just felt like my brain was simultaneously turning into mush and bouncing around like a hyper kid on candy. Like I was wa
Leo
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the most awesome treehouse book yet! :-) They added a bunch more stuff that's awesome sauce! If you want to see what stuff there is that is awesome sauce, go buy the book or get it from your local public library for free! (Trust me it's worth it.)
Margaux
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So my 8-year-old niece is reading this book and while she was out I borrowed it. What a great kids' book!
Australian_book_worm
I really like this book . I found it really enjoyable
xXStuartDaAmazingXx
One of my friend MADE me read it, but the thing is, its amazing
Katy Noyes
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally trippy, sequel in a series that young readers will either take to or find annoying.

It's not my cup of tea, but I'm not a primary school reader, so I don't think I should take that into consideration. It's my son's third in this series in a month. We audioread this and the first, and he read through the second himself (after lights were turned out at bedtimes!).

It's pretty crazy stuff, my husband heard bits of it and thought it nuts. Andy and Terry have now added y
Heather Shembarger
This book is #3 in a series. I actually have not read book 1 or 2 because they were checked out. I did not seem to have any problem picking up this book right where it takes off from--it does not appear that it is all that important to have read the books in order. This is just a fun, quick read even though it is 344 pages. There are a lot of illustrations that are cleverly and humorously done and are fun to explore as well. The story is in a first person point of view told through Andy's eyes. ...more
Edwin Rydberg
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
On one hand, some fun ideas presented in a kid-friendly book with lots of pictures. However, neither myself nor my 11-year old (who read it first) found it particularly entertaining. My biggest issue was that this 340+ page book could have been 120 pages and told the same story, there was that much padding. This includes poor running jokes that are repeated 3-4 times, each time taking multiple pages, a recap of the story in picture form that lasts 7 pages, frequent pages with 1-2 sentences with ...more
Lu Etchells
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I won't lie, I'm starting to find these books a little tedious; however, my nearly 8-year old daughter, who is reading them to me, is loving them!

They are great for wanting children to read (she's always been reluctant), they're challenging enough that it's not "easy" whilst also not being daunting. They're quick paced, silly, and there are enough very clever illustrations to keep everyone amused.

One thing I would say as a huge bonus, is the ideas in the story have led to
Ashley
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reading-with-bug
As with all other books in this series and currently published for this age group, there is an overuse of the word "stupid" and "idiot". Aside from the aforementioned, I enjoy the creativity and ease with which a young reader can engage with this series. It stretches the imagination and has interesting scenarios, in which my daughter found herself questioning the difference in good and not as good choices to make and how to execute a good plan. Overall, I quite enjoyed this series... it was defi ...more
Evan Micheals
Jill is the most absent from this book as Andy and Terry continue there adventures in absurdism, and a final battle of "wits" with Professor Stupidio. I recognise some hints at "moral's of a story", which Terry hates so much... and a thumbing of the nose at conventional society.

Melanie was always pleased to have another chapter read to her for her bed time story. It has become our bonding routine of an evening. I will keep feeding her this entry level drug towards a love of books and
Andy
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, illustrated, jacob
I've already forgotten what this one was about. To be honest, my reviews of previous entries sum it up. My son enjoys them a lot. I have mixed feelings.

Oh, wait, that's it - Prof Stupido and his un-inventing antics. It was an amusing concept (I'm struggling to recall but I think it was Neil Gaiman who also had a story in his last short story collection about an un-inventor) and it all gets a bit metaphysical near the end. I'm not sure I have much else to add. We've almost finished th
Caroline
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-kids
Even though the children enjoyed this a lot, I would much rather spend the precious moments of reading to them with a book we can all get into, with a proper story and charater development, one that leaves us talking about it afterwards. This was not that kind of book. This book reads like it assumes children dont like reading, which is strange to me. But again, the kids loved it so theyll probably continue the series by themselves. No more for me though! ...more
Indy
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Seriously, I think I am addicted to the Treehouse series. With 13 stories more of new stuff in the Treehouse, Andy and Terry had another great adventure with their Once-Upon-a-Time-Machine which could write a book on its own with your selected elements in it, as well as Professor Stupido - the world's greatest un-inventor. Read it yourself to be amazed by all the fun and crazy stuff these boys encountered.
Jessica
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just can't wait to introduce this book to my 3rd -4th grade readers. I still can't believe I didn't know about this series. The Day My Butt went Psycho and that series was always stolen when I taught 5th/6th.

I thought the dot -to-dot rocket was funny and the uninventor was also amusing. Kids would like the hot ice cream.
Dan J
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting book. My favourite character was Terry because Terry has really stupid thoughts like when he put his underpants in the shark tank in the 23- story tree house etc. I think it has a lot of humour, facts. I gave it a 4 star because it is a good book but it is not the best book that I have read.
Caleb
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caleb Haske (age 6): "Andy and Terry (who you might remember from my last review) have a new secret floor in their treehouse. When that secret thing was finished being built, the adventure began. I want to leave all of the other details until you read the book. But I want to tell you one more thing. This story has plot ups and downs.
Imogene
So, if you invented a writing machine to write your book for you, only it decided that it could write it better than you could, so you had to go and find the world’s best un-inventor who was living on the moon and you brought him home only he un-invented marshmallows amongst other things, then you’d need a nice quiet and calm book to read.

But not this one

• Gary
  • Hunwick's Egg
  • Imagine
  • The Treasure Box
  • The Case of the Weird Blue Chicken (Chicken Squad Misadventure #2)
  • White Crane (Samurai Kids, #1)
  • The Wishbird
  • The Bugalugs Bum Thief
  • I'm a Dirty Dinosaur
  • Buzz Boy And Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #9)
  • The Silver Button
Andy Griffiths is Australia’s most popular children’s writer. He is the author of over 20 books, including nonsense verse, short stories, comic novels and plays. Over the past 15 years Andy’s books have been New York Times bestsellers, won over 50 children’s choice awards, been adapted as a television cartoon series and sold over 5 million copies worldwide.

Andy is best known as the author of the

Treehouse (9 books)
  • The 13-Storey Treehouse
  • The 26-Storey Treehouse
  • The 52-Storey Treehouse
  • The 65-Storey Treehouse
  • The 78-Storey Treehouse
  • The 91-Storey Treehouse
  • The 104-Story Treehouse: Dental Dramas  Jokes Galore!
  • The 117-Story Treehouse: Dots, Plots  Daring Escapes!