Start by marking “Everything Mind: What I've Learned about Hard Knocks, Spiritual Awakening, and the Mind-Blowing Truth of It All” as Want to Read:

I'm not a yogi from the Himalayas, a preacher from the pulpit, or a guru with dollar signs in my eyes," says Chris Grosso. "The truth is, as a result of years of heavy drug and alcohol addiction, I've been to some extremely dark places that resulted in a literal life-or-death search for something more." With Everything Mind, this emerging voice of the spiritual countercul ...more
Published October 1st 2015 by Sounds True

To ask other readers questions about Everything Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything Mind

Start your review of Everything Mind: What I've Learned about Hard Knocks, Spiritual Awakening, and the Mind-Blowing Truth of It All
Justin
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirituality, own
I received this book, for free, in exchange for an honest review.

This book is an introduction to Buddhism similar to Brad Warner' Hardcore Zen series or The Dude and the Zen Master . It doesn't go too deep (it's chapters all seem to be a handful of pages long, making it hard to go too deep into any topic) but it has some very novel/useful exercises that make it worth keeping around.

I found Grosso's voice to be engaging,. warm and nonjudgmental. Grosso's background as a recovering addict will de
Whitney Schroeder
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic. I really related to this book and the author. I loved the history of his spirituality and the many different viewpoints he took throughout his life. Well done.
Brennan Dignan
I didn't find myself connecting with the author's voice, which is interesting because he is very self deprecating and irreverent, two of my favorite qualities in a human being. However, there are some good nuggets of wisdom in there for those who like his style of writing.
Steven
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Focused and more refined, Grosso's second book creates strong connection to spirituality into a concept that unites us all in Everything Mind. More assured in his voice yet still fun and irreverent, Grosso brings in his ideas of spirituality supported a vast group of some of the best spiritualists and some people less spiritual (but he makes his case) and shows us into his own spiritual practice in the process. Grosso is a humble voice in the spiritual works and as he is able to admit, not the m ...more
James
Apr 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Everything Mind (God, Spirit, Being, Isness) by Chris Gross who recommends highly The Last Night of Earth Poems by Charles Bukowski.

To learn more about this independent spiritual teacher, take a look at the site: http://theindiespiritualist.com/about/

What I admire most about this book are the well-crafted spiritual practicums. The Centering Prayer from the work of Father Thomas Keating is one I am doing.
Thomas
Nov 22, 2015
William Trently
Jul 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone
  • Urban Homesteading: Heirloom Skills for Sustainable Living
  • Morphology of the Folktale
  • Becoming Bulletproof: Protect Yourself, Read People, Influence Situations, and Live Fearlessly
  • Letters From An Astrophysicist
  • The Naked Warrior: Master the Secrets of the Super-Strong - Using Bodyweight Exercises Only
  • The Year of Less: How I Stopped Shopping, Gave Away My Belongings, and Discovered Life Is Worth More Than Anything You Can Buy in a Store
  • The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith
  • Jerusalem: A Cookbook
  • Fat for Fuel: A Revolutionary Diet to Combat Cancer, Boost Brain Power, and Increase Your Energy
  • A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles"
  • Super Natural Every Day: Well-Loved Recipes from My Natural Foods Kitchen
  • The Acne Answer
  • The Lotus Still Blooms: Sacred Buddhist Teachings for the Western Mind
  • The Plant Paradox: The Hidden Dangers in "Healthy" Foods That Cause Disease and Weight Gain
  • Ottolenghi Simple: A Cookbook
  • Laura Lea's Balanced Cookbook: 125 Simple & Delicious Everyday Recipes for a Healthier You
  • Soulful Simplicity: How Living with Less Can Lead to So Much More