Start by marking “When a Writer Isn't Writing: How to Beat Your Blocks, Be Published and Find Your Flow” as Want to Read:

Whether you're a new writer or published author, there will be times when you can’t get started, can’t keep going or feel like giving up altogether.
Every writer and every block is different; there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution. This book, by veteran author and creative tutor Jenny Alexander, is unique in offering a wide variety of different tools to help you identify
Published September 1st 2015 by Five Lanes Press

To ask other readers questions about When a Writer Isn't Writing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When a Writer Isn't Writing

Start your review of When a Writer Isn't Writing: How to Beat Your Blocks, Be Published and Find Your Flow
Katherine
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the most honest books about what writing is really like for the majority of us trying to spend our lives doing it. Good for amateur, aspiring, hobbyist and professionals. It makes you feel like you are not alone at failing sometimes and even though the advice is quite standard it ia delivered in a way that really gets to you so that you immediately start to put it in practice. Inspiring and sympathetic - like a good friend that really gets you.
Celia Rees
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can't recommend this book highly enough. A life line to anyone who is stuck in their writing or suffering from any kind of block. Jenny Alexander speaks to all writers, whether they are just starting or have been writing for years.
Josephine
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Learning that my blocks in writing are my teachers, helps me to see a way forward (the reasons I struggle to finish and fear publication). And practising self-acceptance is crucial (I now know I am a searcher. I need to question, uncover, and follow paths.
Linda