Start by marking “Midnight Kiss” as Want to Read:
Midnight Kiss

Midnight Kiss

(Midnight #1)

"Dark and compelling, Gideon's novel will appeal to those who enjoy the vampire novels of Anne Rice." -Library Journal

"A colorful and hauntingly beautiful tale of otherworldly love . . . destined to become a classic!"-Affaire de Coeur

"Incredible, spellbinding reading!" -Rendezvous

Hunt or be hunted . . . A centuries old obsession stalks a noble family fighting to hide the
Published July 10th 2015 by Imajinn Books (first published May 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Kiss

Start your review of Midnight Kiss
Nenia ✨️ The Trash Empress ✨️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I would be shocked if Stephenie Meyer hadn't read this book because the similarities between MIDNIGHT KISS and TWILIGHT are so similar.

🦇 The heroine is named Bella.

🦇 Bella is bookish, awkward, and doesn't think she's pretty.

🦇 The hero is an angsty mess who hates being a vampire.

🦇 The heroine has a rapey family friend her father would rather she be with over her vampire love interest.

🦇 The heroine's father is not a great father, spends
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4 Stars *****

Louis has been alone for centuries. He is tired of being immortal, and wants to live a normal life. When he hears about a research involving blood transfusion, he funds Bella's father to help him succeed. Louis believes Bella's father is his key to mortality.

Bella isn't your typical girl. She doesn't want to marry and become an accessory. She would rather assist her father in his work. She has the heart of an angel and falls in love with the man that Louis is.

Midnight Kiss i
Emma Chase
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this book way back in the day (18 years ago?) and I have never forgotten it.
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of pnr & historical romance
Midnight Kiss is a hauntingly beautiful romance that aims straight for the heart. This book has all the elements of a historical romance with one big added plus - the hero, Louis Radman, is a vampire and the heroine, Arabella Howland, is a very enticing mortal that Louis desires.

Louis Radman is a tormented, lonely shell of a man who has roamed the earth for 300 years as a vampire. He is desperate to regain the life that was cruelly taken from him so many years ago. Louis seeks the help of a phys
Penni
I very much enjoyed this first in the series. Bella is quite a tough, plucky heroine and I loved seeing her and Louis together. I look forward to the next in the series.
Jessica
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
The entire time I was reading I kept thinking that the story was very familiar to me. Turns out that this was originally published in 1994 and that I read it about 10 or so years ago.

You have a vampire not wanting to be a vampire anymore. He seeks out the help of a doc and falls in love with the doc's daughter. The daughter doesn't now that her new man is a vampire and doesn't listen to her father's protests against their coupling.

This is paranormal romance, if you like the genre you will most
Sara Kate
This was just as good the second time around. Love vampires and throw in the setting being a historical fiction time line...... Love it!
Jenifer Kleine
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Yeah, this was OK. It read pretty quickly, but it really didn't do it for me. Arabella & Louis had quite the chemistry, and the story was good, but there was just something that I didn't connect with. ...more
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
This is a reread for me. Love the new covers!

Originally reviewed at Midnight Kiss
TheQuixoticBookWorm
This story was ridiculous. It was extremely cliche and lacked imagination. I don't really know what else to say, except that I power-read it in a few hours because I just wanted to get it over with, and was secretly hoping it would improve. As far as romance goes, it was about as spicy as a banana pepper... so, not very spicy at all. Sorry... I guess vamp romance novels, and the Twilight For Grownups Club is just not meant for me.
Sandy
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!!

Louis and Bella! What can I say? This story captured my heart from the start. By the end of the book the main characters were like old friends. My only regret is that Bianca didn't die too. But I guess that's for another day.
Sara
I need my own Louis 😭
Paranormal Romance
Enchanted since she first laid eyes on him the heroine has secretly longed for the dark and mysterious man who frequents her home in search of her fathers doctoring. She tries to distinguish what could be wrong with such a vital man but obviously it's something very dire as one night, when her father is away, the marquis comes to visit. He is horribly distraught and a little bit crazed with a burning need she can't figure out how to aid him with. She pleads with him to let her help him but he de ...more
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
First reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Midnight Kiss is the haunting tale of a vampire who finds himself so vile that he will do anything to return to his mortal state – even risk his life or immortality by taking part in a blood experiment by his physician. Neither of them know for certain if this treatment will work or if it does, what side effects Louis may encounter. But he doesn’t care. At this point he merely wants a cure or destruction.

Bella is content to assist her father in his research. Th
Marissa
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review through NetGalley.

Midnight Kiss is book 1 in the Touched by Midnight Series. It's the story of a young woman named Bella who spends her days as an assistant for her father, a recognized physician. As a young lady of a certain historical period in London, Bella is fully expected to marry and live out her life as a doting wife. She is no where near ready to settle down and marry. Eventually, she's introduced to
Carmella
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest opinion.

Louis is a Vampire looking for a "cure". He has heard about Dr. Howland and confided in and asked him for help. Bella, the doctors daughter, is very involved in her fathers work but not this project.

She is very attracted to Louis, as he is her, but keeps away because of what he is When he thinks he is "cured" he professes his love for her and they marry soon after. And then some old friends come to visit.....

Will his cure last? Will his marriag
Avephoenix
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
Happy to see this series coming back to be share via E-Book Edition, since the actual books are hard to find.

Arabella Howland, a woman born to the light of day. Louis Radman , a man haunted by everlasting darkness. Bound together by the burning passion of a...Midnight kiss.

I have always been attracted to Paranormal Genre, especially Vampires. This combination of my favorite Paranormal/Historical Romance is just “fantastic”! Once again, I found myself captivated by a story I’ve read in the past.
Linda
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book

I love vampires and this was one of my favorite books. I've never read anything from this author before but I've been pleasantly surprised with this book. Once I started on this book I didn't put it down until I finished...and that was 3 this morning. I loved how the characters were "fleshed out", you could picture them in your mind and feel there emotions as if you knew them personally. The suffering of Louis, the love from Arabella, the moral struggle of the doctor as he tries t
Dot Salvagin
Louis has had enough of being a vampire and wants noted London physician, Dr. Howland, to “cure” him. But the cure is always very temporary and requires blood and medications frequently. Arabella is fascinated with Louis before she knows that he is a vampire and falls for him. She is in love and swears to stand by him once she finds out. There are dangers surrounding their alliance and nothing is simple or easy.

This is a compelling romance between a vampire and a human. It is in the vein of Drac
Midnight Kiss, book one in the Touched by Midnight series was originally released in 1994 and has held up well in its current re-release. Dark and emotionally overcast this book had a lingering ominous feel throughout the story. A raw depiction of the characters positive and negative traits coupled with unexpected conclusions completed this work successfully. At times Ms. Gideon's writing style felt a bit stiff but as a whole an interesting plot and cast make this book worth discovering.
*I recei
Danyelle
May 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good for a rainy day
Daneesha
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! I didn't want it to end.
Celeste
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awesome-pnr
Wow, what an exciting book! This book was long and I enjoyed every page!
Megan
Jan 02, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire-romance
Book 1 in her Vampire Series. Very good. Try to get your hands on her books to read if you can, they are very hard to find.
Sylvia
Review pending.

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher thru NetGalley for an honest review.
Tanya
Tammy
Feb 20, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Hideaway
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • The Girl in Cabin 13 (Emma Griffin FBI Mystery, #1)
  • Shadow Flight (Shadow Riders, #5)
  • The Girl That Vanished (Emma Griffin FBI Mystery, #2)
  • The Girl in the Manor (Emma Griffin FBI Mystery, #3)
  • The Girl Next Door (Emma Griffin FBI  Mystery Book 4)
  • Cold Wicked Lies (Cold Justice: Crossfire #3)
  • Leopard's Blood (Leopard People, #9)
  • Goode Over Evil (Crystal Creek Mysteries, #1)
  • Leopard's Fury (Leopard People, #8)
  • Find Her Alive (Detective Josie Quinn #8)
  • Nowhere To Hide (originally published as Wanting You)
  • Echoes of Fire (Mercury Pack, #4)
  • Cold Heart Creek (Detective Josie Quinn #7)
  • Montana Baby (Calhouns of Montana, #1)
  • Heart of Stone (Bad Things, #5)
  • Cold Sight (Extrasensory Agents, #1)
With over 65 sales to her credit since her first publication in 1987, Michigan author Nancy Gideon’s writing career is as versatile as the romance market, itself. Her books encompass genres from historicals and regencies to contemporary suspense and the paranormal. Her works have been published overseas in Romanian, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Danish, German, Icelandic and Chinese, among other l ...more

Midnight (9 books)
  • Midnight Temptation (Midnight, #2)
  • Midnight Surrender (Midnight, #3)
  • Midnight Enchantment (Midnight, #4)
  • Midnight Gamble (Midnight, #5)
  • Midnight Redeemer (Midnight, #6)
  • Midnight Shadows (Midnight, #7)
  • Midnight Masquerade (Midnight, #8)
  • Midnight Crusader (Midnight, #9)