Start by marking “The Autumn Visitors” as Want to Read:
The Autumn Visitors

The Autumn Visitors

In this fourth and final book in Karel Hayes's acclaimed Visitors series, the beloved family of bears gets in another round of adventures as they experience the full enjoyment of a New England autumn. First up the country fair--the bears sneak onto the midway after hours to play the games and be thrilled by the rides. Next comes Halloween, for which the bears all cleverly ...more
Published October 1st 2015 by Down East Books

To ask other readers questions about The Autumn Visitors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Autumn Visitors

Start your review of The Autumn Visitors
Roberta
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story itself is nothing special, but the illustrations are delightful.
Cat
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute little autumn story about bears who share a cabin by the lake with unknowing humans! I like this story. I think the kiddos will, too. All the fall favorites are celebrated by the humans and bears- fall festivals, Columbus Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving! I love the illustrations- so cute and detailed!
Set
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: halloween
The illustrations are very nice, the story is unmemorable. Also, it's a matter of opinion whether Halloween is the most fun holiday of fall. The back and forth between the bears and the people is a bit confusing.
Luisa Knight
I adored the illustrations but wasn't too impressed with the writing style or flow of the story.

Ages: 3-7

Cleanliness: Does have two full page spreads for Halloween.

#columbusday #halloween #thanksgiving
Christine Turner
I read this book for my Family Storytime and the children adored it!

This is a great book to encourage the use of vocabulary and encourages an open discussion; Columbus Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and the State Fair are themes covered.

I don't think that this book would work well for a large storytime group, but it's a must read for one-on-one or small storytime groups.

Summary
Kristen
Oct 13, 2016 rated it liked it
We picked this book up at the library because I wanted to snag some fall/Halloween books before they were all gone! This book would be perfect for a beginning reader. As a bedtime book for my daughter, it was a little too easy. There were only a few words on each page - at most a sentence. We would linger looking at the pictures a little longer than we would with a wordier book, but really the book was finished much too quickly.

My daughter did enjoy the pictures. She loved watching what the bear
Jillian
Nov 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Not sure whether I've read any of the other books in this series, but I liked this one. The illustrations are adorable - not too over-the-top, not too minimalistic. Juuuust right, to quote another bear story. :-p
I liked the story, too - the logistics of trick or treating was adorable, and I was glad for the last-page turkey fakeout. (How does the food chain work in stories where animals are sapient, anyway??)
Abigail
Nov 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: juvenile
Halloween & thanksgiving ...more
Brittany
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful!!!
Bvlmc Buchanan Verplanck Elementary School
In this parallel story, a family and a family of bears enjoys all the fall and the countryside have to offer.
Addie

• Yellow Time
  • Fletcher and the Falling Leaves
  • Mr. Pumpkin's Tea Party
  • Sadie and the Silver Shoes
  • Hocus Pocus, It's Fall!
  • Little Libraries, Big Heroes