Start by marking “Bittersweet Rain: Dalam Derai Hujan” as Want to Read:
Bittersweet Rain: Dalam Derai Hujan

Bittersweet Rain: Dalam Derai Hujan

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  3,714 Ratings  ·  163 Reviews
Caroline Dawson mampu bertahan menghadapi gosip. Ia mampu Bertahan Menghadapi kematian suaminya, Roscoe Lancaster, orang paling kaya didaerahnya yang Tiga Puluh tahun lebih tua darinya. Tapi Ia takut takkan sanggup menghadapi Rink Lancaster, putra suaminya. Bertahun-tahun sebelum Ia menikah, ketika Ia dan Rink Masih Remaja dalam derai hujan pria itu memperkenalkan Caroline ...more
Published 2005 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Bittersweet Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bittersweet Rain

Mo
Jan 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Or maybe not. I have been on a bit of a SANDRA BROWN binge. Mostly reading her newer books. This was an older one... think it might be at least 20 years old, If I read it back in the day, I probably would have loved it. Saying that, I have read some of her older books and really liked them but there was something about this one that did not do it for me.

Caroline Dawson survived the town gossips who whispered behind her back. She survived the slow death of her husband, Roscoe Lancaster, the ric
-ya
Aug 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sandra-brown
2.5-stars
This book is 32-year-old, so I was prepared for some eye-rolling moments. H is the h’s stepson??? Reading that premise got me curious how Sandra Brown could pull off the story without weirding me out. I feel a bit guilty for liking this book more than I expected. Some elements in there remind me of the southern tales I have read recently that centered around family secrets, betrayal, evil dad. It seems certain drama in the book still works like a charm.

Trigger: (view spoiler)
*TANYA*
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All the freaking misunderstandings and NO ONE ever clears things up. Lol. However, this was classic!!! Loved it.
Saly
I really enjoyed Bittersweet Rain, the setup was really good.
When the book opens Caroline gets the news that her husband is dying of cancer and that he step-son Rink is coming home after twelve years. Slowly, we learn the truth that even though Caroline is married to Rink's father who is thirty years her senior, the one she loves is Rink, who she thinks made empty promises to her and never showed up.

Their first meeting is fiery and you can see the fire that exists between them and through flash-
Yunita Taman
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whoah, bacaan yang dahsyat. Sandra Brown memang menulis roman kelas dunia. Novel yang bertema agak tidak biasa ini sudah membuat aku kagum akan semua aspeknya.

Berawal dari kepulangan Rink, tuan muda Lancaster Gin ke kota Winstonville yang masih konvensional dimana penduduknya masih suka dengan gossip di sore hari dengan cangkir teh di tangan mereka, semua tidak pernah sama lagi setidaknya bagi Caroline Dawson Lancaster, mantan kekasihnya duabelas tahun yang lalu sekaligus, ehemm, ibu tirinya. Ri
Alina Geambasu
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mi-a facut placere sa citesc aceasta carte. Mi-a amintit de scrierile de alta data ale autoarei. O poveste de dragoste dulce si incitanta
Dee
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two-haiku review:

They fell in love young
Torn apart by circumstance
Each thought other wrong

Very bad villain
Can't understand so much hate
Dated but still good
Susan (susayq ~)
3.5 stars.

This was pretty good. Lots of drama building angst in here. Caroline met Rink (yep, his name was Rink) 12 years ago and they fell in love. There were a couple of things wrong with that though - Caroline was the town drunk's daughter and Rink came from the wealthiest family in town. Oh, and let's not forget that she was 15 while he had just graduated from college. O.o Rink's dirtbag daddy found out (secretly) and maneuvered to keep them apart. Rink moved away married to someone else. Y
Julie Barrett
Bittersweet Rain
Caroline loves Roscoe, the older man rather than the son who's her age. The step daughter is 5 years younger than her but her mind is that of a child.
Rink, the son, has always stated he'd take care of Laura Jane. She doesn't understand why he doesn't live with them.
The raising of the thoroughbreds is an industry that Roscoe loved. Others now run it for him and Laura Jane shows love interest in the manage, Steve.
She and Rink had been together in their younger days, but Rink got an
Yona
Nov 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is the second book by Sandra Brown which I've read and i can say that i really enjoyed it. It was sexy and funny.

So if you want to read a small beautiful romance this is the right book for you.

Caroline and Rink are so different, but made for each other. They were separated for 12 years and now they meet again. From the moment of their first meeting after all these years you can see they are right for each other. Even when they are angry or hurt.

Carolines husband - Rinks father made everythi
Kristen
Apr 15, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
In Sandra Brown's classic romance, Bittersweet Rain, she warmed your heart and soul with this sweet tale of romance with a hint of intrigue. For Caroline Dawson, she survived the town gossips who whispered behind her back, and the slow death of her husband, Roscoe Lancaster, the richest man in the county and three decades her senior. But she feared she wouldn't survive his son, Rink Lancaster. Before she married his father, they were young lovers as teens, when he broke her heart. Now he's back ...more
P.S. Winn
This is a quick read with not too many surprises, but you may find a few beneath the covers as Carolyn Dawson, a girl from the wrong side of the tracks, finds herself married to an older, rich man, When he dies, his son Rink, who Carolyn knows from years ago, comes back into her life things are going to change and the heat is turned on. I have read other books from this author which I enjoyed more, but readers, especially of romance, will find this a quick, passion filled read.
Jacqueline
I have the vague memory that I read this book when it first came out. It was pretty good but I was a bit uncomfortable with Rink as a 21 year old being so in love with a 15 year old. At least it turned out he didn't actually sleep with her. It was a pretty good book but the hero and heroine could have been developed a bit more fully. Liked the secondary romance too. A decent read.
Janelle
Oct 04, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads, 2011
This book sure had it's steamy parts but there were some storylines that were just a smidge creepy when you look at it as a whole. The age differences in a couple scenarios and the woman with the little girl mind had to be skipped in a couple of parts as well. I like Sandra Brown so I'm not giving it a two-star rating, but I hope the next books I read aren't quite so controversial in my mind.
Gail Walraven
This was my third Sandra Brown novel and my least favourite of the three. (Low Pressure and Slow Heat in Heaven). I found this one to be predictable and because the sex scenes are so frequent, the author seems to be struggling for new and exciting ways to describe "the act". I can't recommend it.
Farah FBI  Ibrahim
I decided to visit my youth by reading a Sandra Brown's novel, she remained one of my favorites.
This story was an okay read, Rink and Caroline were involved many years ago but circumstances(caused by Rink's father)kept them apart and later she was married to Rink's father. Rink's father was a sick guy(he was diagnosed with cancer+he was really a mean asshole) I was like,die already you, psycho.
Rink was absent from home for twelve years and when he returned as his father was dying, the feelings t
Shannon
Jun 21, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this one to fulfill one of the reading challenges...I guess now I know why I never read romance. There is a point where "in good taste" actually ends, and "trashy" begins. I can't even say that I read it all because I skipped over so many of the "love scenes". Check my box....done.
Katie Hainsworth
This book was everything I imagined an older romance novel would be. Full of cheesy lines and out of date erotic descriptions. The overall story wasn't bad, but after the main point is made the story drags on and left me rolling my eyes. Sandra Brown should stick with thrillers and mysteries.
Jul 14, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe I wasted an hour of my life reading this. I like romance novels, but this is just drivel. Avoid.
Amanda
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread
mary anne morelli
Romantic

Nice romance well written and was in her glory when we all her glory when we all her children present y
Sharon Eikenberry-Deary
Being the daughter of the town drunk didn't make it easy for Caroline. She didn't have the life like other girls in school. While walking thru the woods one day to her job she met a guy Rink Lancaster the most popular and the richest guy in school. Something happened that sent him away for 12 years. In the meantime his daddy married Caroline, but this was after her had given her anonymous money for college and a job at the bank when she got out. So much happens when Old Mr. Lancaster was dying, ...more
ElaineY
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW OF AUDIOBOOK; FEBRUARY 4, 2014
Narrator: Joyce Bean.

The Narrator: Bean was good here. She's not a favorite female narrator but that could be because the other audiobooks by her had her voice too squeaky and nasal. She was nothing like that here.

The Story: I knew Sandra Brown wrote some shorter books as Erin St Claire but never read any. I had an idea what I'd be getting and did brace myself for some dated notions of romance, relationships, etc. I was even prepared to have a hero who chain
Azuyu
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Bittersweet Rain adalah karya Sandra Brown yang pertama kali saya baca. Novel ini rupanya novel jadul, diterbitkan dengan pseudonim Erin St. Claire pada tahun 1984 yang mana saat itu saya sendiri masih belum lahir, jadi terasa banget aura vintagenya.

Jauh sebelum saya mengenal alpha-male masa kini, era 80an dulu udah ada cowok macho yang ngeselin tapi ngangenin. Ialah Rink Lancaster, anak pemilik ladang kapas terbesar di Winstonville yang menyimpan rasa cinta yang dalam pada sang ibu tiri. Rink s
Evita
Sinopsis: ''Caroline Dawson mampu bertahan menghadapi gosip. Ia mampu Bertahan Menghadapi kematian suaminya, Roscoe Lancaster, orang paling kaya didaerahnya yang Tiga Puluh tahun lebih tua darinya. Tapi Ia takut takkan sanggup menghadapi Rink Lancaster, putra suaminya. Bertahun-tahun sebelum Ia menikah, ketika Ia dan Rink Masih Remaja dalam derai hujan pria itu memperkenalkan Caroline pada cinta pertama yang menggetarkan. lalu pria itu pergi, membuat hatinya hancur. Tapi sekarang Rink kembali.. ...more
Fhily
Oct 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Terjebak dengan kenangan dua belas tahun silam bersama Caroline --yang kini menjadi ibu tirinya-- Rink Lancaster kembali ke rumahnya The Retreat. Karena ayahnya yang sedang sekarat.
Roscoe Lancaster, ayah Rink menikah dengan Caroline Dawson yang lebih mudah 30 tahun darinya. Caroline Dawson adalah gadis musim panas Rink. Yang melintas terus menerus dalam pikiran Rink bahkan sampai 12 tahun mereka terpisah.
Keduanya saling salah paham dan berpendapat bahwa mereka saling mengkhianati cinta mereka ma
OceMei Belikova♥
tertarik begitu baik sinopsisnya. Caroline adalah kekasih Rink. Orang yang benar-benar ingin dinikahi Rink. Tapi tak pernah terjadi karna dendam ayahnya Rink yang begitu besar padanya. Caroline yang suppose to be married with Rink malah harus married dengan bokapnya. CaRoline yang semula cuma cinta ke Rink mulai meragukan Rink karna R ninggalin kota mreka tanpa say bye or sth, malah tersiar kabar Rink uda hamilin anak orang, so Caroline yg hopeless dan sejak dulu diolok-olok orang sekota karna a ...more
Wenny Widy
Apr 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Dua belas tahun yang lalu, Rink Lancaster --putra dari orang paling kaya di Winstonville, Roscoe Lancaster-- bertemu dengan Caroline Dawson --putri Pete Dawson, lelaki miskin pemabuk--. Mereka terlibat cinta remaja yang menggairahkan. Pada akhir musim panas tahun itu, di pinggir hutan, mereka hampir saja melakukan hal terlarang, apalagi saat itu Caroline masih di bawah umur. Namun setelah kejadian itu, Rink menghilang entah ke mana.

Caroline justru dengan begitu mengejutkan menikah dengan Roscoe
Kath
Feb 03, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Primary story not very believable - but a good secondary story, December 6, 2008
I realize that this book was originally released in the early 80's, so some of the themes were reflective of the times. One of them being a 15 year old having a relationship with a 22 year old man. Putting that aside, I still had issues with the story.

Rink (I love that name)returns 12 years after his romance with Caroline ended. Caroline is now married to Rinks very rich father and is dying. Rink is bitter about the
Lorabaulsir
This book was ok but I prefer her suspense books more than romance.
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Suspicion of Madness (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #7)
  • Tempted
  • Back Roads (Glen Crossing #1)
  • Firebird
  • First Comes Love
  • The Marriage Contract (Marriage, #3)
  • A Thin, Dark Line
  • Undone
  • Lethal Seduction
  • To Kiss a Spy (Kiss, #2)
  • Promise Me Forever (Lost Lords, #3)
  • Escape from Cabriz
  • The Sunday List of Dreams
  • Desire (Notorious, #3)
  • Under Cover
  • Strictly Professional (Strictly Professional #1)
  • Opposites Attract

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including STING (2016), FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), & LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over seventy
More about Sandra Brown...
“Ah, but being in love made you mean and crazy. Love made you act like a fool even when you knew you were acting like a fool and couldn't help yourself from acting like a fool.” 13 likes
“She kissed his eyebrow. “Not I.” 0 likes