Start by marking “Gods and Dragons (The Dragon of Time #1)” as Want to Read:
Gods and Dragons (The Dragon of Time #1)

Read Book

Gods and Dragons

(The Dragon of Time #1)

Gods, Dragons, a mercenary with a blade and no memory of his past.... The world of Tiamhaal is alight in war. Men ruled by kings slay their opposition in the name of their God, but there are others who claim the Gods are little more than scorned Dragons of ages past. Scar has come to find the truth, but is the truth an absolute certainty, or is it just the skewed memory of ...more
Published July 13th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Gods and Dragons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gods and Dragons

Start your review of Gods and Dragons (The Dragon of Time #1)
Nikinyan
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg! I was not expecting this kind of story from The Dragon of Time, Gods and Dragons.

Yes, Its an action-packed, fantasy adventure, and yes, theres a ton of action right at the beginning, a ton, but it seems to me that it was used to portray how savage the Zmajans are compared to the rest of the people of Tiamhaal. Meow-kaylet me back up!

Scar is a mercenary. He is amnesiac, but can handle a blade better than anyone. He only wants to learn of his origins, and so Zoltek, king of the Zmajans
Chris
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Scar is a complete mystery to everyone, including himself. He has no past that he can recall. He only knows that he woke up being attacked by a roving band of Dracs, hopelessly outnumbered, yet somehow managed to hack through all of them. His fighting prowess is amazing, and he has the ability to heal in moments anything but mortal wounds.

He finds himself a mercenary in the employ of Zoltek, leader of the Usaj, who has promised to request his god Zmaj reveal Scar's past, and restore his memory.
Petepee
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Scar is an awesome warrior. Think Wolverine meets the Matrix. The presmise of the story is that Dragons existed long ago. Then they were killed and then the Gods started talking to people, but for some reason, some people called Paladins think that the gods are actually the dragons from long ago. Scar thinks so too, but he doesn't really care because he's amnesiac and all he wants is to remember his life, so he gets hired on by this king called Zoltek to kill these enemies called Kulshedrans.
But
Carrie Westmoreland Kurtz
I'm still a little unsure of what I'm going to write, even while I sit here typing...
I keep going back and forth about my feelings on this book. First of all, this isn't my typical genre. I do like to read all books of all genres, but this isn't my favorite. So, with that being said, I am trying to keep a very open mind while typing up this review.

I had a bit of a difficult time getting into this book. It had a somewhat slow start. I found it to be a little confusing at first so it didn't
Morhib
Jul 10, 2016 rated it liked it
The premise of the book is based on a warrior who has lost his memories and is trying to find out his past. Along the way he discover more about himself and who he is.

I found the start of the book to be rather slow and I wasn't instantly hooked. There just seemed to be too many names thrown in and I did get confused, but the story did pick up halfway through and I got the sense that the author grew into the novel both in terms of writing, world building and characterisation. Interestingly, the
Natasha Murray
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Fierce Fable
Author, Aaron Dennis, writes eloquently and tells the story of an iconic mercenary named Scar, who finds himself engaging in a bloody battle. He cannot remember his past and this is really a tale about a mystic warriors journey of self-discovery.

This book is not for the faint-hearted, it took me until the half way point before I became fully immersed. There are many names of strange lands and peoples to absorb and the fighting scenes are particularly brutal. The plot is not unusual
Sadie Forsythe
DNF 16%

I found this just a little too stiff and full of epic fantasy speak that I generally dislike. Perks for allowing women to be warriors, minuses for every speaking woman so far offering up sex in one manner or another and all indications that this is their role.

At 16% the book has been a couple brief flashbacks, one insinuated sex scene, one drinking bout and alllllllll battles. I was bored. Scar is obviously going to be a too perfect hero and the writing style is too blunt for my tastes.
Aaron Dennis
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Abby
Pam
Michele
Ted
Jan 15, 2016
Dennis has been writing for 8 years and has accomplished a great deal in a short amount of time. Apart from writing and creating some wonderful stories, he learned editing from working with Chuck Sambuchino. His creative skills are easily recognized in books like War and Glory where scifi and horror are mixed, or books like Cayneian, where fantasy and horror are mixed, but he also portrays a great ...more

The Dragon of Time (2 books)
  • Dragon Slayer (The Dragon of Time #2)

News & Interviews