Start by marking “Defender Dragon (Protection, Inc., #2)” as Want to Read:
Defender Dragon (Protection, Inc., #2)

Defender Dragon

(Protection, Inc. #2)

A curvy backpacker who loses a shoe at a ball + a lonely dragon prince facing an arranged marriage to a princess he doesn’t love + magnificent castles and deadly assassins = one thrilling romance!

Lucas is a prince and a dragon shifter who left his country to become a bodyguard at Protection, Inc. Then his past caught up with him, forcing him home for an arranged marriage
Published September 12th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Defender Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defender Dragon

Start your review of Defender Dragon (Protection, Inc., #2)
CC
Sep 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
Our hero Lucas....loves his gold and jewelry...

and

So now I am picturing...

or maybe

But we all know the REAL inspiration for the character!

'nuf said.

Bronwyn
Dec 07, 2015 rated it liked it
This one wasn't as good for me as the first one which was a tad disappointing as I love Dragons, though having said that it was still a quick and easy read, especially since I think it finished at 91%?
Didn't mind the h, quite brave as she helped rescue the H. Story line was ok, didn't get to see or hear much from previous characters of Protection Inc.
Darla Taylor
Dragon shifter, Lucas, is a prince in another country facing an arranged marriage that's supposed to benefit his country and that of his arranged fiancée. The only way out is to find his mate which he hasn't done in the last 5 years. However, on the night of his engagement party he meets Journey Jacobson who's very much his mate. Since she left the ball he's given one month to being her forward but someone doesn't want that that to happen. Lucas prevents an attack on her life but is later taken ...more
Deanie Nelder
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Five years ago dragon shifter Lucas left his royal life behind on a quest to find his fated mate. Since he didn't find her, he is now required to return to his home country and the arranged marriage he left behind. Except at his engagement ball, Lucas meets American au pair Journey, and realizes they are meant to be together. However, many people have a stake in ensuring the royal marriage goes through -- even if they have to kill Journey to do it.

Zoe Chant is a master at packing a lot of story
Judy Lewis

Designation: Book Two of Series, Standalone Novella
Author: Zoe Chant
Reading Platform: Kindle Unlimited
My Rating: FIVE DELIGHTFUL STARS
Wow! Another home run! Zoe Chant continues the thrilling fast-paced adventure with Defender Dragon, the second release in her brand new Protector, Inc Series and I'm still impressed! I'm now officially a fan! Although each release is a standalone novella featuring a different member of th
Nancy VanSpunky Reads
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book definitely deserves 4.5 stars! There’s a good amount of action, dragon shifters, and that “you’re my mate” insta-love! I liked this one even better than book 1. So if you weren’t sure after book one, definitely give this series a chance!
Wild_irish_rose
Mar 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I like Journey and how she stepped in to save Lucas back. But I missed Protection Inc. and the characters we met there in the last book. A sweet, quick read.
Ann
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book can't wait to read more books by this author
Victoria
3 Stars
Susan Otto
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story about a dragon Prince shifter and his mate

Lucas is a dragon Prince shifter, working for Protection Inc, and made a deal with his uncle to have five years of freedom. Now I have to go back to his castle and wed his betrothed. Since neither of them have found their mate they are going to join a arranged marriage.

So they have a ball. One of the guests at the ball is a woman named Journey. Lucas quickly realizes that she is his mate, but she leaves the ball. Will he find her and convin
Tigmode Sandvigen
Feb 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Lucas is the Protection Inc. resident dragon shifter. He's rich, and somewhat aloof as he keeps himself always a bit apart fro the rest of his team. He's also a prince in his homeland, and forced to comply with an arranged political marriage because he has not found his mate.

Journey is a free spirit who is a nanny in his homeland. She accompanies her young charge to a ball to celebrate the prince's return and upcoming engagement.

Eyes meet across a crowded room and a Cinderella story begins to u
Charlotte
Nov 21, 2016 rated it liked it
2 1/2 stars. I was disenchanted by this story, it felt forced and not half as good as book one. The ending saved it from being rated lower. I am going to read the next one hopefully it will be better.
Erika
Jan 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, sexy-shifter
This one is about Lucas, one of the members of Protection Inc., but it doesn't have much to do with it, since he left the group very early in the story.

This book was more like a fairy tale at the beginning, but I liked the twist at the end. Something that I noticed in the first book and that repeats in this one, and I appreciate it, is that the shifters are all protective with their mates, but the women prove that they are as capable of saving the shifters as they are of protecting them.

(view
Elaine Kirby
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dragons!

Lucas is a dragon Prince who had been trying to find his mate in hopes that he wouldn't have to honor the arranged marriage to a Princess from another country. He didn't find his mate in America; so he had to go home for his engagement. While at his engagement ball & as he was addressing the guests at the ball he happened to look around & find his mate.

Journey Jacobson had been working as an Au Pair for a couple for about 3 months & would shortly be leaving the country of Brandusa to go
Kathyj
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Attention Grabber

I thought I had read all of Zoe Chang's books when I finished reading about her firefighters and Got Shots. Those were two really awesome series. There was a lot of action but it was tied in with plenty of romance and when you add in the paranormal bent you get the best of the best. I'm really happy to have found this author.

But I've now discovered that Zoe Chant is a prolific author and has plenty of books left for me I read. I just finished "Defender Dragon" from the
Lynn Vincent
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Protection,Inc. series. This is a story of greed, kidnapping, imprisonment and friendship. In this story we find Prince Lucas having to honor a five year plan that if he or the princess of another country do not find their true mate they must marry. He has left Protection,Inc. in order to do so. None of the parts involved are pleased that five years have come to pass.
Lucas and Raluca are at their ball when he sees his mate setting off a series of events no one ex
Joetta Spurling
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I have to read them all!

Kindle unlimited purchase
By Zoe Chant
It's the last hour of his life as he knows it. He was told at age 18 he was to marry a woman he did not love. When he went to find his mate he had 5 years because he has not found her he had to go back and marry the woman. Nether wanted this marriage, but neither found their mate. So they had not choice. The night of the ring party how does he find? And it sets off a series of events that nether had expected.
I enjoyed the book. I had t
Peg
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great series!!

I love when an author grabs your attention and sucks you right into the book. The story is about a sexy dragon shifter (Lucas), who needs to find his mate before he's forced to fly home and marry a princess he doesn't love. Talk about arranged marriages. This book has it all, including the not so nice relatives that will do what needs to be done to see that he doesn't find his true mate. Definitely recommend the book, the series and most definitely the author. I loved it and can't
Elizabeth
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Lucas and Journey

It was a ok read. Well I am sure I was a fantastic read but I really not into royal type of stories. I understand that things have to move fast but it really felt rushed to me. Find mate, breaking engagement, save mate, tell mate about been a dragon, she believes it, and have sex with mate, all this in the same night!!!!! It is a bit much for me to even pretend I liked the book. So different from the previous one. I am disappointed but not enough to stop me from wanting to read
Christine Galletly
I thought that this was an another great story in the Protection Inc. series!

If you want an easy and enjoyable read involving fantasy shifters, then this is going to be a book for you! It was full of action and romance and there was plenty to keep me entertained and hooked and I thought that it had a great plot.

I thought that the attention to detail was great and the characters were excellent - the book was a really quick and enjoyable read.

It is 4 stars from me for this one - highly recommended
Esther Crummey
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a voluntary free ARC review

Another great book from Zoe Chant . loved it and the dragon Lucus and journey's story . He was a bodyguard who was a prince that had to go back home to marry due to not finding his mate but things changed during a ball when he met Journey and she was his mate but politics got in the way and danger lurked for them both . The story had them winning in the end and returning back to the US . can't wait to read the next one
Nancy Bodie
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Liked it!

This was a book that I felt was well written. As the storyline line begins and a misunderstanding takes place, I thought nooooo! Please don't take this story down a long and winding chapter eating path based on a misunderstanding that could be easily fixed had the characters just talked. But this talented author once again provided what I have come to think of as her story signature that keeps me one clicking! Likeable characters, limited strife and quick resolution!
Rhonda Jones
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Like A Fairy Tale

Lucas is a little surly. Understandable when we learn he is being coerced into marrying someone he does not love. Lucas is a prince of a kingdom, and a dragon. Talked into an arranged marriage at the young age of 18, he has only one honorable out. Find his true mate. This story reminded me of an evil version of Cinderella. Only no ugly step-sisters, just greedy people who don't care who they hurt. Great story.
Carolyn Davis
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Second in this serie, it continues with the fast paced romance and action of the first book.

In this book you meet Lucas a prince and dragon shifter, who is forced back home to an arranged marriage, with Raluca Princess of a neighboring country.
Read how at almost the last minute Lucas finds his mate, almost losses her and comes to the edge of death.
It will keep you reading till the end.
Kiri Murupaenga
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quick Worthwhile Read

Just another action packed, worthwhile, gotta love them shifter story from the mind of Zoe Chant.
Who doesn't love Dragon's?
This Protection Inc Series, keep's you engaged throughout & if you haven't got the time for a full length novel, & love all kinds of shifters then I highly recommend this.
Well I'm off to read Bk3, Protector Panther now.
Shelly Roke
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Prince Reluctant

Lucas is the crown Prince of a small European countries, betrothed to a Princess in another. He's been trying to find his mate to avoid the wedding neither want. Then he finds her. Bad guys try to hurt her, then him. Then freedom? For the Princess? For Lucas and Journey? Travel? Good story, fun read.
Angela
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great addition to this terrific series!

Defender Dragon was a fantastic story with great characters, humor, drama, and suspenseful twists that you won't want to miss!
I'm looking forward to the next book in the series!
I would definitely recommend this book, series, and outstanding author.
Kim
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast pace mating

This was a story about an arranged marriage that neither partner wanted. Thankfully Lucas found his mate and things seemed to speed up from there. Unfortunately someone didn't want Lucas to have his mate and wanted the arranged marriage to take place instead. This was an eye opening experience. Good plot and likable characters. Well worth reading.
Samm Lynn
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great characters! A sort of Cinderella story but without the wicked stepmother and stepsisters. Lucas is every inch the dragon prince. Journey is the free spirit that wanted to see the world. Mates will do anything for each other and Lucas and Journey go to the extreme for each other. A great addition to the series.
Alexisa
Mar 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Magic exist.

I can't really see how this is a Protection Inc. story other than the fact that Lucas works there. Otherwise Protection Inc. doesn't have much at all to do with this tale.
Now all that aside it's a very enjoyable read. With parts of it reminiscences Cinderella expect there are NO WEAK FEMALES in this book and I love that.
They save each other.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Covert Bear (P.O.L.A.R., #3)
  • Rescue Bear (P.O.L.A.R., #1)
  • Hidden Dragon (Return to Bear Creek #24)
  • Hero Bear (P.O.L.A.R., #2)
  • Tad (Three Silverback Bears and a Baby #2)
  • Loved by Light (Wings, Wands and Soul Bonds, #4)
  • Held by Heat (Wings, Wands and Soul Bonds, #3)
  • Jake (Three Silverback Bears and a Baby #3)
  • Tactical Bear (P.O.L.A.R., #4)
  • Defended by Darkness (Wings, Wands and Soul Bonds, #2)
  • Rebel Mate (MateMatch Outcasts, #3)
  • Dragon with Benefits (Forgotten Dragons, #4)
  • Royal Bear (P.O.L.A.R. Book 5)
  • Dragon Mate: Dragon Shifter Romance (MateMatch Outcasts Book 5)
  • Protector Mate (MateMatch Outcasts, #2)
  • Grizzly Mate (MateMatch Outcasts, #1)
  • Monster Mate (MateMatch Outcasts, #4)
  • Lift Her Up (Kaid Ranch Shifters, #3)
Zoe Chant loves writing paranormal romance. Over a cup of tea (or something stronger) she whips up sexy tales of hunky heroes and adventurous heroines to tantalize and satisfy her readers. Sizzling hot romance, no cliffhangers!

While series should ideally be read in order, all of Zoe’s books are standalones and can be read in any order. This includes books within series.

To get a free book for subs

Protection, Inc. (7 books)
  • Bodyguard Bear (Protection, Inc., #1)
  • Protector Panther (Protection, Inc., #3)
  • Warrior Wolf (Protection, Inc., #4)
  • Leader Lion (Protection, Inc., #5)
  • Soldier Snow Leopard (Protection, Inc., #6)
  • Top Gun Tiger (Protection, Inc., #7)