Start by marking “Defender Dragon (Protection, Inc., #2)” as Want to Read:
Defender Dragon (Protection, Inc., #2)

Defender Dragon

(Protection, Inc. #2)

A curvy backpacker who loses a shoe at a ball + a lonely dragon prince facing an arranged marriage to a princess he doesn’t love + magnificent castles and deadly assassins = one thrilling romance!

Lucas is a prince and a dragon shifter who left his country to become a bodyguard at Protection, Inc. Then his past caught up with him, forcing him home for an arranged marriage
Published September 12th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Defender Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defender Dragon

CC
Sep 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
Our hero Lucas....loves his gold and jewelry...

and

So now I am picturing...

or maybe

But we all know the REAL inspiration for the character!

'nuf said.

Bronwyn
Dec 07, 2015 rated it liked it
This one wasn't as good for me as the first one which was a tad disappointing as I love Dragons, though having said that it was still a quick and easy read, especially since I think it finished at 91%?
Didn't mind the h, quite brave as she helped rescue the H. Story line was ok, didn't get to see or hear much from previous characters of Protection Inc.
Judy Lewis

Designation: Book Two of Series, Standalone Novella
Author: Zoe Chant
Reading Platform: Kindle Unlimited
My Rating: FIVE DELIGHTFUL STARS
Wow! Another home run! Zoe Chant continues the thrilling fast-paced adventure with Defender Dragon, the second release in her brand new Protector, Inc Series and I'm still impressed! I'm now officially a fan! Although each release is a standalone novella featuring a different member of th
Nancy
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book definitely deserves 4.5 stars! There’s a good amount of action, dragon shifters, and that “you’re my mate” insta-love! I liked this one even better than book 1. So if you weren’t sure after book one, definitely give this series a chance!
Ann
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book can't wait to read more books by this author
Wild_irish_rose
Mar 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I like Journey and how she stepped in to save Lucas back. But I missed Protection Inc. and the characters we met there in the last book. A sweet, quick read.
Tigmode Sandvigen
Feb 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Lucas is the Protection Inc. resident dragon shifter. He's rich, and somewhat aloof as he keeps himself always a bit apart fro the rest of his team. He's also a prince in his homeland, and forced to comply with an arranged political marriage because he has not found his mate.

Journey is a free spirit who is a nanny in his homeland. She accompanies her young charge to a ball to celebrate the prince's return and upcoming engagement.

Eyes meet across a crowded room and a Cinderella story begins to u
Charlotte
Nov 21, 2016 rated it liked it
2 1/2 stars. I was disenchanted by this story, it felt forced and not half as good as book one. The ending saved it from being rated lower. I am going to read the next one hopefully it will be better.
Elaine Kirby
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dragons!

Lucas is a dragon Prince who had been trying to find his mate in hopes that he wouldn't have to honor the arranged marriage to a Princess from another country. He didn't find his mate in America; so he had to go home for his engagement. While at his engagement ball & as he was addressing the guests at the ball he happened to look around & find his mate.

Journey Jacobson had been working as an Au Pair for a couple for about 3 months & would shortly be leaving the country of Bra
Kathyj
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Attention Grabber

I thought I had read all of Zoe Chang's books when I finished reading about her firefighters and Got Shots. Those were two really awesome series. There was a lot of action but it was tied in with plenty of romance and when you add in the paranormal bent you get the best of the best. I'm really happy to have found this author.

But I've now discovered that Zoe Chant is a prolific author and has plenty of books left for me I read. I just finished "Defender Dragon" from the
Erika
Jan 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, sexy-shifter
This one is about Lucas, one of the members of Protection Inc., but it doesn't have much to do with it, since he left the group very early in the story.

This book was more like a fairy tale at the beginning, but I liked the twist at the end. Something that I noticed in the first book and that repeats in this one, and I appreciate it, is that the shifters are all protective with their mates, but the women prove that they are as capable of saving the shifters as they are of protecting them.

(view
Joetta Spurling
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I have to read them all!

Kindle unlimited purchase
By Zoe Chant
It's the last hour of his life as he knows it. He was told at age 18 he was to marry a woman he did not love. When he went to find his mate he had 5 years because he has not found her he had to go back and marry the woman. Nether wanted this marriage, but neither found their mate. So they had not choice. The night of the ring party how does he find? And it sets off a series of events that nether had expected.
I enjoyed the book. I had t
Lynn Vincent
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Protection,Inc. series. This is a story of greed, kidnapping, imprisonment and friendship. In this story we find Prince Lucas having to honor a five year plan that if he or the princess of another country do not find their true mate they must marry. He has left Protection,Inc. in order to do so. None of the parts involved are pleased that five years have come to pass.
Lucas and Raluca are at their ball when he sees his mate setting off a series of events no one ex
Elizabeth
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Lucas and Journey

It was a ok read. Well I am sure I was a fantastic read but I really not into royal type of stories. I understand that things have to move fast but it really felt rushed to me. Find mate, breaking engagement, save mate, tell mate about been a dragon, she believes it, and have sex with mate, all this in the same night!!!!! It is a bit much for me to even pretend I liked the book. So different from the previous one. I am disappointed but not enough to stop me from wanting to read
Peg
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great series!!

I love when an author grabs your attention and sucks you right into the book. The story is about a sexy dragon shifter (Lucas), who needs to find his mate before he's forced to fly home and marry a princess he doesn't love. Talk about arranged marriages. This book has it all, including the not so nice relatives that will do what needs to be done to see that he doesn't find his true mate. Definitely recommend the book, the series and most definitely the author. I loved it and can't
Esther Crummey
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a voluntary free ARC review

Another great book from Zoe Chant . loved it and the dragon Lucus and journey's story . He was a bodyguard who was a prince that had to go back home to marry due to not finding his mate but things changed during a ball when he met Journey and she was his mate but politics got in the way and danger lurked for them both . The story had them winning in the end and returning back to the US . can't wait to read the next one
Nancy Bodie
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Liked it!

This was a book that I felt was well written. As the storyline line begins and a misunderstanding takes place, I thought nooooo! Please don't take this story down a long and winding chapter eating path based on a misunderstanding that could be easily fixed had the characters just talked. But this talented author once again provided what I have come to think of as her story signature that keeps me one clicking! Likeable characters, limited strife and quick resolution!
Shelly Roke
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Prince Reluctant

Lucas is the crown Prince of a small European countries, betrothed to a Princess in another. He's been trying to find his mate to avoid the wedding neither want. Then he finds her. Bad guys try to hurt her, then him. Then freedom? For the Princess? For Lucas and Journey? Travel? Good story, fun read.
Kiri Murupaenga
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quick Worthwhile Read

Just another action packed, worthwhile, gotta love them shifter story from the mind of Zoe Chant.
Who doesn't love Dragon's?
This Protection Inc Series, keep's you engaged throughout & if you haven't got the time for a full length novel, & love all kinds of shifters then I highly recommend this.
Well I'm off to read Bk3, Protector Panther now.
Angela
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great addition to this terrific series!

Defender Dragon was a fantastic story with great characters, humor, drama, and suspenseful twists that you won't want to miss!
I'm looking forward to the next book in the series!
I would definitely recommend this book, series, and outstanding author.
Lisa
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Like the first book in the series, this was almost ridiculously enjoyable. These books are fairy tales and daydreams, and they leave me with a sense of uncomplicated happiness. Also, who wouldn't want a Lucas?
MyzanM
May 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2018
This was not really bad, but it was like most shifter stories...
Big protective male, small defenseless woman, evil wants to keep them apart, but they are fated so they can't keep their hands off each other...
Janet Russell
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another one down!

Another one down & dusted! Great story but with
a twist! Didn't see it coming! Well done Zoe another great series of shifter books not just one
species but others as well!
Gloria Everett
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story

Lucas and Journey make an excellent couple. When Lucas is poisoned, by his uncle, Journey stays right with him until he heals. Plenty of excitement in this story. I am looking forward to reading the next story.
Maritza Knox
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loyalty

When you put loyalty before everything. Being forced home to a loveless marriage, only to find the one thing you have been searching for the last five years. Mate the one word that means everything.
Jane Elizabeth
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An...

An American backpacker, working as an au pair/companion to a young lady in a foreign country, gets to play Cinderella and go to a royal ball. Things take on a life of their own from there...
Fun story with lots of action!
Jean
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Great

This was another great book by Zoe. I have several of her books but since they are a little pricey I have to wait until they have a price drop. I really wish I could get the all but I have a budget that I have to stick to.
david l hutchison
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
TVery good read

Cinderella type story with action, plot twist, romantic and excitement to keep the enjoyment rolling. I have a twisted mind so I also found humor to add to the enjoyment.
Leyns
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Maybe 3.5 stars.
Very different from the first book of the series, which was unexpected. The setting in the beginning felt a bit off, but the action parts later in the story were pretty good. Always good when the heroine does some life saving 😉
Kathy Brickert
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice story

A good action filled tale with, Dragon shifters, ad he's a prince, and has a board of gold! Ad he finds his mate, of course she jumps at the chance to belong! Good addition to this series!
  • Laura's Wolf (Werewolf Marines, # 1)
  • Her Valiant Dragon (Her Biker Dragon #1)
  • Red Hot Dragon (Dragon Heat, #2)
  • The Dragons' Demon: A Dragon's Dream (Ethereal Foes, #1)
  • Water Dragon's Baby (Elemental Dragons, #3)
  • Bearly Healed (Pacific Northwest Bears, #4)
  • Dragon's Debt (The Dragon and the Scholar #2)
  • Claiming His Fire (Feral Breed Motorcycle Club #5)
  • Dragon's Christmas Captive (Lords of the Dragon Islands #4.5)
  • Bearly Breathing (Werebears of New Hampshire #1)
  • Romancing the Recluse (Stop Dragon My Heart Around, #1)
  • Sera's Dragon (Fire Mates, #1)
  • The Omega's Forbidden Child
  • Angel 6.0: Concubine (Angel 6.0, #1)
  • The Dragon's Temptation (Kings of the Fire, #1)
  • Violca's Dragon (The Dragon Ruby #1)
  • The Dragon's Mage (Dragon Mage, #1)
  • Loyal Dragon Shifter (Return of the Dragons, #0.5)
Zoe Chant loves writing paranormal romance. Over a cup of tea (or something stronger) she whips up sexy tales of hunky heroes and adventurous heroines to tantalize and satisfy her readers. Sizzling hot romance, no cliffhangers!

While series should ideally be read in order, all of Zoe’s books are standalones and can be read in any order. This includes books within series.

To get a free book for subs

Protection, Inc. (7 books)
  • Bodyguard Bear (Protection, Inc., #1)
  • Protector Panther (Protection, Inc., #3)
  • Warrior Wolf (Protection, Inc., #4)
  • Leader Lion (Protection, Inc., #5)
  • Soldier Snow Leopard (Protection, Inc., #6)
  • Top Gun Tiger (Protection, Inc., #7)