Start by marking “L'art De La Guerre” as Want to Read:
L'art De La Guerre

Read Book* *Different edition

L'art De La Guerre

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  222,020 Ratings  ·  6,899 Reviews
L'Art de la guerre est le premier traité de stratégie militaire écrit au monde (VIe siècle av. J.-C. – Ve siècle av. J.-C.). Son auteur, Sun Tzu (孙子, sūn Tzu), y développe des thèses originales qui s'inspirent de la philosophie chinoise ancienne.
Mass Market Paperback, 149 pages
Published December 9th 2002 by Pocket (first published -500)

To ask other readers questions about L'art De La Guerre, please sign up.

Dongyi Zhang 'The Art of War' and 'Book of Five Rings' are newly illustrated and available for a good read by/on Stela Unlimited, which is a mobile app offering…more'The Art of War' and 'Book of Five Rings' are newly illustrated and available for a good read by/on Stela Unlimited, which is a mobile app offering illustrated books, comics and graphic novels for readers. A sample of the Art of War : https://www.stela.com/series/4d129f91...(less)
Jang Uree I was watching a historical korean drama called (Empress ki) which talks a bout a chinese emperor of yuan Dynasty who falls in love with a korean…moreI was watching a historical korean drama called (Empress ki) which talks a bout a chinese emperor of yuan Dynasty who falls in love with a korean slave who will turn into the last empress of the yuan dynasty .. and for her to be able to live in the palace she read "the Art of war" (less)

Anne
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hey! Look at me stepping outside my comfort zone!

description

I saw this audiobook in the library, and I thought it looked interesting.
Hell, I've got 4 kids. This could come in handy.
Next year I'll have not one, but two teenage boys. I need to prepare myself to defend my babies home from the invading whores hoards. I figured this book would help me gird my loins (or whatever it is you do) when you head into battle.
Back off, Skanks! You're not getting past the front door!

description

Still, even teenage boys pale in compa
Petra X
Simply put, Sun Tzu says that it is better not to fight than to be involved in a conflict, but if you are going to have to fight, then you have to do it to win, and these are the various strategies, often brutal, that will get you that result.

Niccolò Machiavelli, in The Prince says if you are in a position of power and seek to maintain it, it is better to be loved and respected, but if you can't achieve that, then at least enforce respect and these are the, often brutal, strategies that will get
Bill Paxton
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book... Pretty amazing insights. What I really loved is the fact that much of the insights can be used in today's fiercely competitive corporate scenarios as well. Must read! I bought this book at special price from here:
Alejandro
The wise warrior avoids the battle.

I can't think in a better quote to begin this review.

Sometimes, reading books about war tactics or novels of the genre of war, is confused with glorify wars, destruction, death and all sad things that are results of a war. But, at least, in my case (I can't speak for others) it's not that. I don't glorify war. One of my favorite historical subjects is World War II, but it's not because an insane instinct of glorify war. I just support the concept that any per
Michelle
Jan 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics
This was on the "Surprise Yourself" stack at the library. It was a choice between "Fifty Shades of Grey" and "The Art of War". I took the latter even if I think I'm more of a lover than a fighter. Besides, the stack was on the front desk, choosing the former is kinda awkward. I am quite surprised I finished this book. I felt like I subjected myself to study even if I'm not required to do so. It's actually quite entertaining, more so that I know that there won't be a test later.
Despite the title
Alex Farrand
I listened to The Art of War for a few reasons; 1) It was only a hour long, 2) It was free because I am an Amazon Prime member, 3) It was narrated by Aiden Gillen, also known as Petyr Baelish, aka Littlefinger. So, I jumped into it, and listened to it during a car ride.

The Art of War is a well versed, and short guide book to strategize, and tactically win a war. There were tons of great advice, and still relatable today. I would go even deeper that it doesn't entirely reflect on physical warfare
Sporkurai
May 05, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: morons or tacticians
Evidently, it seems, for the last couple thousand years, EVERYONE has been using the same textbook on how to conduct a war. It also seems to be that nobody even knows for sure who wrote the book or when, but everyone uses it anyway. Included in this book are precious reminders that strategy helps you win, retreating helps you not die, if you outnumber the enemy 5 to 1, attacking would probably be a good idea, and also if you're a tiny country surrounded by powerful countries, it might be time to ...more
Dannii Elle
If anyone is looking for a war general I am available and well versed in war tactics due to this book. Hook me up.
Tom Marotta
Jul 17, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: all
So many little wars must be waged daily. Works on the battlefield and the office.

CLASSICS:

"When the enemy is relaxed, make them toil. When full, starve them. When settled, make them move."

"In conflict, straightforward actions generally lead to engagement, surprising actions generally lead to victory."

"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never be in peril. When you are igno
Lyn
Dec 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who reads the Art of War?

OK, sure everybody, or anybody can, but who actually does and why?

If we could somehow take a survey and create a pie chart of who reads this 2500 year old Chinese manual, what would we find, who reads it?

Military professionals, sure; executives, probably – wanna be executives, almost certainly; sports coaches, law enforcement officers, school teachers, teenage gamers, etc etc.

The title will get attract and repel many all by itself. The text, full of philosophical musings
Jarrod Reque announced as Photography Contest Finalist 1 2 Dec 30, 2017 05:40AM
best version of the art of war 1 9 Dec 10, 2017 11:59AM
Dissertation Structures 1 4 Jun 20, 2017 02:00AM
Dissertation Structure 1 2 Jun 20, 2017 01:59AM
SEO Freelancer 1 2 May 26, 2017 10:57PM
These two fields make a difference 1 2 May 09, 2017 10:58PM
QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number|1-844-202-0909 1 1 Apr 14, 2017 12:50AM
  • On War
  • A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy
  • Rights of Man
  • Makers of Modern Strategy from Machiavelli to the Nuclear Age
  • The Archidamian War
  • The Art of Fiction
  • The Book of Deeds of Arms and of Chivalry
  • The Seven Military Classics of Ancient China
  • The Lost Art of War: Recently Discovered Companion to the Bestselling The Art of War
  • Karate-Do: My Way of Life
  • Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai
  • The Federalist Papers
  • The Art of War
  • Mencius
  • Tao of Jeet Kune Do
  • Strategy
  • Boy Scouts of America : The Official Handbook for Boys (Reprint of Original 1911 Edition)
  • The Analects
Sun Tzu (孫子; pinyin: Sūnzǐ) is a honorific title bestowed upon Sūn Wu (孫武 c. 544-496 BC), the author of The Art of War (孫子兵法), an immensely influential ancient Chinese book on military strategy. Sun Tzu believed in the use of the military sciences to effect outcomes that would result in peace.

In the author's name, Sūn Wu, the character wu, meaning "military", is the same as the character in wu shu
More about Sun Tzu...